DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 post match interview
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:03

We wait with bated breath the usual rubbish from the managers mouth we only got up the park the last 5 minutes.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: post match interview
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:21

Im sure he will tell us there were lots of pluses in the game , beggars belief

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:23

The players are hurting will be mentioned no doubt.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:25

The Fans are hurting more

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:27

Collectively...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:28

It’s like Phrase Bingo!! Basically the same post match interview every week with the same phrases just jumbled around

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:30

Collectively we sre all hurting, i cant fault the application of thrle boys.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:31

Crawford’s either not smart enough to know how to set a team up to win a game, or he isn’t smart enough to know when he needs to win a game. Team selection, tactics and substitutions are all consistently terrible just now.

Constantly changing midfield pairing, but sticks with McManus and O’Hara through the middle, despite the fact we’ve been dreadful going forward every single time we’ve played that system. Clueless.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:35

It`s the John Potter era all over again. Nice guy, not a manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:45

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 13 Apr 20:35

It`s the John Potter era all over again. Nice guy, not a manager.

It is exactly that. Chopping and changing smacks of not knowing what your best team and formation is. When you work these things out, you stick with it as much as you can. When you keep changing things, there is no continuity. Players end up on the park and don't know what they are meant to be doing.

And when you sign players for a position, it's a good idea to play them there. Playing defenders in midfield, strikers in midfield, kinda gives the impression that your midfield is crap.

With all this going on, no wonder the players look disillusioned. They look nothing like a team who should be busting a gut to get promotion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:51

Good post, Crosspar, he doesn’t seem to know his best team, best formation, players playing out of positions, no confidence, no wonder we are where we are

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:27

Having now listened to his post match interview once again, I have to say, if I was a young player playing at Dunfermline, I would not find Crawford very inspiring as a manager. I always remember players who played for Jock Stein recalling that they never stepped on to the park without knowing exactly what their job was. Our players look like they have never met before. Collectively!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:36

Just listened like a broken record.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:43

He’s about as inspiring as Brian Cant on Jackanory!! Interviews are great for helping you sleep.

The interview doesn’t even sound like he wants to reach the playoffs- no goals to reach for, let’s take it one game at a time. Collectively the Boys done well blah blah blah.

He gives the impression that there are loads of games left not just a few.

Taxi!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:43

Quote:

CrossPar, Tue 13 Apr 21:27

Having now listened to his post match interview once again, I have to say, if I was a young player playing at Dunfermline, I would not find Crawford very inspiring as a manager. I always remember players who played for Jock Stein recalling that they never stepped on to the park without knowing exactly what their job was. Our players look like they have never met before. Collectively!

Except clearly Comrie, Edwards, Nisbet do.....all young players who have improved dramatically

Don’t let bad performances get in the way of absolute nonsense
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 22:02

God his post match assessment is as boring as the football he plays.

We must try harder, we have to try and be better blah blah.

Sorry but he is and never will be manager material 😴

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 23:08

Quote:

OldInnPar, Tue 13 Apr 21:43

Quote:

Except clearly Comrie, Edwards, Nisbet do.....all young players who have improved dramatically

So you would find him inspiring then OldInnPar? I reckon you are in a very small minority.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 23:12

See this John Potter comparison.

I get it to a certain degree but let’s not forget John is an excellent coach and the players who worked with him couldn’t speak highly enough of him.

I’m not sure you could say the same about Crawford.

If I was to compare I’d say I was willing more for it to work out for Potter than with Crawford.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Apr 23:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LMCK67  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 04:35

"Pars boss Stevie Crawford felt that his team had a number of chances in the first half that they were unlucky with."

.... We had 3 shots on target in the full game. What was he watching that is so different to everyone else?

Post Edited (Wed 14 Apr 04:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 06:29

I've just listened to the post match interview . SC is certainly no inspirational speaker eh .

I was no fan of Alan Johnston , one of my main criticisms was his apparent lack of a " plan B " . Only at EEP it seems could we get rid of a manager with no "plan B" and replace him with one who doesn't even have a "plan A"
Was hoping SC would have made better job of this , but he's had his time .
Time to go ASAP .

Bobvo

Post Edited (Wed 14 Apr 06:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 06:52

I’ve never been a fan of any of his interviews.

I can only think of shots from Thomas, Henderson and O’Hara. All of them Dundee would’ve been raging to concede. I wouldn’t count that as a number of chances and if Crawford is relying on these kind of chances then yeah, we’re in a bit of bother.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 07:05

`Our Achilles heel has been our away form` - our home form hasn`t been anything to enjoy either!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 07:16

Quote:

auldpar, Wed 14 Apr 07:05

`Our Achilles heel has been our away form` - our home form hasn`t been anything to enjoy either!

So it’s really just all our form
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 07:39

Plenty did say he was a little on the uninspiring side and were shouted down.
Look at the turgid crap we've endured, every interview pretty much the same, no drive, passion or character.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 07:50

The bottom line lies with the board they chose the cheap option as in the Potter fiasco then allowed him to bring in an assistant as inept as himself , if they do go can,t see either of them moving on to a job in football , totally clueless and uninspiring .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 07:57

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 14 Apr 07:39

Look at the turgid crap we've endured, every interview pretty much the same, no drive, passion or character.

You weren't "shouted down". Get over yourself.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 08:12

Quote:

Berry, Wed 14 Apr 06:52

I’ve never been a fan of any of his interviews.

Short memories.

When Crawford took over he was given plaudits for the detail he'd go into in his interviews with regards to the game, many (and I'd consider myself in this) considered them a breath of fresh air compared to the clichéd interviews AJ would give.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 08:55

Grant, you`re quite correct. The posters on here bemoaning the "happy clappers" for supposedly backing the manager 100% during this terrible run were nowhere to be seen at the start of the season, when we were top of the league, winning our league cup section & playing attractive football.

Anyway, I don`t know what people expect to see/hear in these interviews? Knock-knock jokes? Amusing tales? When someone is appointed as a football manager, they don`t automatically become a stand up comedian.

But to be fair, his time is up. We need a change.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 09:25

He's saying what he needs to say, 3 games left and we need to do well in them all. He's trying to take pressure off the players to allow them the best chance of doing that. Not sure what else he would be expected to say at this stage. End of season will be a different thing however
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 09:26

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 14 Apr 07:57

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 14 Apr 07:39

You weren't "shouted down". Get over yourself.

Oh but we were, calm yourself, it's turn-out exactly as folks at the time said, there was plenty comments directed at folks who were unconvinced.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 09:47

You weren`t shouted down, stop making stuff up. I remember all you actually said at the time (over & over & over & over & over again) was the word "meh" - you offered nothing. No solution. No alternative. Just "meh"

I don`t envy those who have a choice to make. The same people who`ll welcome him/her to the club will have him sacked within a fortnight. However, you`ll sit on the sideline & say "meh" just because he/she doesn`t perform a circus act or crack one-liners during interviews.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 10:16

Stevie Crawford's interviews at the beginning of the season were alright. That's when we were top of the league and doing well.

Now that we're plummeting down the league, performances are beyond honking and the team setup is a total joke he doesn't have a clue what to say or how to deal with it. His interviews are as bad as his management of the team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 10:23

The fact is nobody pays much attention to the manager`s post-match interview when the team wins but when they lose every word is analysed to demonstrate how useless he is. If he`s pessimistic he can`t inspire the players, if he`s optimistic he`s deluded.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 10:48

The measure of a manager is what he does when thing`s go t`s up.

Said all the right thing`s when winning and sitting pretty but when that didn`t last he was found wanting.

His interviews were all must try better, must try harder and have been for months.

The football has been the same for months, and can`t see where 1 win is coming between now and the end, (his end hopefully).

So whatever him and his mates thought was going wrong, they`ve failed dismally to rectify it and all he`s done is continually play players out of position. If a manager stuck him out on the wing as a player he`d have been furious...Wighton must be seek.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:07

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 14 Apr 09:47

You weren`t shouted down, stop making stuff up. I remember all you actually said at the time (over & over & over & over & over again) was the word "meh" - you offered nothing. No solution. No alternative. Just "meh"

I don`t envy those who have a choice to make. The same people who`ll welcome him/her to the club will have him sacked within a fortnight. However, you`ll sit on the sideline & say "meh" just because he/she doesn`t perform a circus act or crack one-liners during interviews.

I said on numerous occasions he was uninspiring and I couldn't see him motivate a team, don't make things up, yeah?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:13

Did Wighton not play out wide for Dundee at the start of his career?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:18

That`s what I thought, Eck. And for Raith.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:19

and for Hearts on numerous occasions including the game against us at the start of the season

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:23

Quote:

Kessel, Wed 14 Apr 10:16

Stevie Crawford's interviews at the beginning of the season were alright. That's when we were top of the league and doing well.

Now that we're plummeting down the league, performances are beyond honking and the team setup is a total joke he doesn't have a clue what to say or how to deal with it. His interviews are as bad as his management of the team.

Absolutely spot on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:35

"Now that we`re plummeting down the league, performances are beyond honking and the team setup is a total joke he doesn`t have a clue what to say or how to deal with it"

So what would you consider an acceptable interview after, say the Rovers defeat?

"So Stevie...…..what did you make of tonights` perfomance?"

"Well, we were beyond honking, but the team set-up was a joke and to be honest I don`t have a clue what to say or how to deal with it"

"Cheers for that Stevie, that`ll keep the .net experts happy for another week"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:50

I didn`t know that about Wighton, thought he was bought as an out and out striker.
Still better than the other 2 as out and out striker.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 12:10

To pick up on a point Eck made earlier, do we really need post match interviews? I`m not sure when they became the norm but I think the EPL and EUFA agreed to contractual post match interviews so that sponsors` advertising logos could be seen behind the manager as he mouthed a few truisms and platitudes. I don`t think a desire for insight or enlightenment was ever what drove the tradition of the post-match interview; more simple marketing strategy.

Many of us recognised early on that media communication was not a Stevie Crawford strength and some have projected that on to his not being a good communicator with his players. Others have complained about him mooching around with his hands in his pockets hiding behind a snood, not showing enough passion. Yet the greatest manager DAFC ever had never left the `dug out` and was invisible to the supporters for the entire 90 minutes, so we had no idea how much passion Jock Stein was displaying. Nor did he he give routine post match interviews although Stein was canny enough to give news reporters a `steer` after a game when it suited him.

A manager talks through his team`s performance, not through a microphone or a TV close up of him prowling the touchline. If Stevie Crawford has failed it won`t be down to his interview technique or perceived lack of passion.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 13:09

Dick Campbell, John McGlynn and Peter Grant I would say give good pre and post match interviews.

James McPake when Dundee have been stinking this season is at least honest and would admit a poor result.

Gus Macpherson also speaks well in post match interviews.

I'm not sure with Crawford if it was the interview after the Arbroath game that done him in because that post match interview was horrible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 01:01

Quote:

OldInnPar, Tue 13 Apr 21:43

Quote:

What about the striker he brought on who has made over 10 appearances and is yet to score?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 09:55

The striker he brought on shouldn,t be anywhere near a first team shirt

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 17:05

Reviewing the highlights I would agree with SC's comments that we had good chances to score.

I would agree that SC needs to up is hame with respect to post match interviews. Not everyone is a natural speaker but I wouldn't use that as an assessment of his overall competancy. He could probsbly do with going on a public speaking course.

Its also important to understand the receipients of the message i.e. the fans so you have to be transparent and honest. Its not a weakness but a strength. Its very important how you say things because of how the message may be interpreted. If I was him, i would prepare my post match statements before the game. Have one for win, lose, draw and ad lib based on how the games went.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net