DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline Athletic Nil/One/Two/Three
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:07

Nil goals
Nil entertainment
Nil quality

On the plus side for those of us who want to see the best in everything, technically we could draw 0-0 every game and still go up via the playoffs (though we will be required to score penalties in the shoot outs).

One thing really galled me about tonight though, Whittaker’s interview. Draw a positive result? Really? They genuinely are aiming just to scrape into the playoffs. Unless I’ve picked him up wrong, I had just watched 96 minutes of insomnia cure...

Where has it all gone wrong?

Edited....* has it all about to go right!!! Woaft!

Post Edited (Sat 17 Apr 13:58)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline Athletic Nil
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:09

Better not get into the playoffs it will be embarrassing.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:12

Whittaker also suggested full points from the last 3 games was achievable.

Doesn`t that mean scoring at least one goal in each match ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:14

If you’re angry now - don’t listen to Crawfords interview, I can bet you’ll go into a full on hulk rage! (It’s. Not out yet but we all know what he’s gonna say)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:17

Fell asleep and missed the 2nd half. Losing the will to watch Crawford`s set ups.

Entertainment quality is ZERO. If crowds were in he`d have gone weeks ago. That blame lies on our board.

Plenty of unemployed managers out there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 20:19

At this time of the season we don,t even look likely to score, we started with three forward yet barely managed a shot on goal , then we flung on our supersub who actually hasn,t scored, Crawford has made us a laughing stock

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 01:21

I must be losing it. For some strange reason I find myself laughing at the comments about our dire situation. I did hear Whittaker suggesting we could win the last 3 games. Quite an ambitious target since we haven`t won one of our last 7. I thought he was what used to be referred to as "an auld heid". Maybe he needs a class in statistical probabilities. You`ve got to hand it to him for unabashed bravado in the face of enormous odds. Of course, in ordinary times, the last 3 games on paper are eminently winnable but sadly we don`t play on paper but grass and in the case of Alloa, plastic grass.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Apr 01:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 07:10

So, Stephen. Can you win your last three games and make the play-offs?

No chance. We haven’t won in 7, so that’s hardly likely.
Now that we are soon to be able to travel within Scotland, I’m going to book a family trip up north, as the season is done

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 07:24

^^^^ This.

Even if the players and the manager don`t genuinely believe they`ll win the last 3 games, they can`t possibly say that. They`d be absolutely slaughtered for it and rightly so.

In any case, footballers are like fans - always optimistic they can get a result before a game. To think any other way, is to be beaten before you step on the pitch.

It`s called a growth (positive) mindset.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 07:43

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 15 Apr 01:21

I must be losing it. For some strange reason I find myself laughing at the comments about our dire situation. I did hear Whittaker suggesting we could win the last 3 games. Quite an ambitious target since we haven`t won one of our last 7. I thought he was what used to be referred to as "an auld heid". Maybe he needs a class in statistical probabilities. You`ve got to hand it to him for unabashed bravado in the face of enormous odds. Of course, in ordinary times, the last 3 games on paper are eminently winnable but sadly we don`t play on paper but grass and in the case of Alloa, plastic grass.

Agree .
Sometimes a wee bit of realism is needed , rather than this nonsense about easier games .
Our recent , (last few months actually) form certainly won't have put the fear of God in any of our remaining opponents
We're just nor very good . Certainly not as good as lot of folk clearly still seem think we are .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 08:06

I wouldn't you as a manager or team mate. Beaten before you leave the dressing room

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 08:17

If you were any team in the league trying to win points to get to the playoffs, or avoid relegation who would you want to play?

You guessed it - the current worst team in the league being us! So QOS and Arbroath will be out to win points against us and must fancy their chances.

God forbid that Alloa might need a win to get 2nd bottom in the last game!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 08:48

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 15 Apr 08:06

I wouldn't you as a manager or team mate. Beaten before you leave the dressing room

Lol Take a look at what we've got !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 08:49

Not all negative, our goals against stats are positively not bad!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 08:55

There`s never a shortage on here of folk talking up other teams and talking down their own. It`s quite sad.

We`ve already beaten QOS and Arbroath at home and Alloa away so it`s hardly Mission Impossible.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 10:25

Don't know abt other people eck , but I'm critical of our team because they've massively under achieved this season , and not just in recent weeks .
I don't think anyone needs to talk up the opposition , our performances do that for us .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 10:30

I`ve got to admire your positive spirit wee eck. I suppose the majority of us are surfing the wave of serial disappointment since the far distant Hearts game and the very recent gubbing from "the Wee Team". Credibility is at a very low ebb and it`s going to take more than a few nil nil draws and last gasp wins against the bottom teams to restore it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 10:54

I thought you, of all people, would believe in miracles, Paralex!

If we go into these games with a negative frame of mind we`ll never win them. Surely everyone can agree with that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 11:30

Aye but why should a team with our resources in this league be banking on a miracle. It`s fine to be positive but most fans aren`t taken in by high octane comments after a long series of drab games where goals and points have been scarce. Talking a good game after a 5-1 drubbing and two goalless draws may not go down too well with the more discerning fan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 11:39

Players and management need to find another gear for these last 3 games. Don't understand why people say they don't want to make the playoffs, that extra income could help us sign better quality players for next season.

We have not been great to watch nor have results been good for several months now. However there's no point in throwing in the towel with only 3 games to go when we still have a very good chance of securing a playoff spot. Regardless of what you think of this management team and I've been extremely critical of them, I have no doubts they will be putting in every effort to get maximum points from these last 3 games.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Apr 11:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LiviBill  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 13:23

king lad wrote:

> Players and management need to find another gear for these last
> 3 games. Don't understand why people say they don't
> want to make the playoffs, that extra income could help us sign
> better quality players for next season.
>
> We have not been great to watch nor have results been good for
> several months now. However there's no point in throwing in
> the towel with only 3 games to go when we still have a very
> good chance of securing a playoff spot. Regardless of what you
> think of this management team and I've been extremely
> critical of them, I have no doubts they will be putting in
> every effort to get maximum points from these last 3 games.
>
> Post Edited (Thu 15 Apr 11:39)

All very well saying that the extra income will help us to sign better quality players for next season, what`s the use of that if we still have the same coaching staff. On paper at the moment we have a stronger team this year than we have had for a couple of years and we are not progressing.

LiviBill
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 13:25

Some folk on this thread are indeed losing it.

Whitaker was saying that they wanted to win the game, but in terms of how it played out, a draw was a good result. In other words, Dundee were the better team. Surely no disagreement on that?

In terms of the next games, of course we're going out to try to win them. What else would he say?

Folk need to accept that what is said interviews or how they come across, is utterly irrelevant. Unless of course fans or players are bring slagged off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 13:59

LiviBill, I think there will be a lot of changes at the end of the season. Crawford is on a rolling contract, unfortunately for him I can't see any way the board/German investors will want to move forward under the current management (Barring an unbelievable end to the season where we win all 3 final games, then go off to romp the playoffs). That will mean it's extremely important to have finance in place for next season to remedy our weaknesses on the park and perhaps to bring in improvements to the coaching staff.

Although I think we have improved in general on the park since the last couple of seasons, I think we're really fragile in central midfield and hence why our defenders end up punting the ball rather than playing the ball to a playmaker who will carry it forward. Mayo and whittaker aren't the answer there and our loan players are still learning how to compete at this level, Wilson has a lot of potential but he remains inconsistent. We need a couple of solid midfielders to come in and be consistent in dominating the centre of the park. Finding those types of players within budget is not an easy task but I honestly think that would go a long way to improving the team around them to perform better.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Dunfermline Athletic Nil/One/Two
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 13:46

Is the master plan of boring the rest of the league and then coming alive with brilliance now being revealed!? 😉

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net