DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 daniel stendel
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:16

Wonder if the new board would be tempted to go `all out` and try and tempt him to the club, he knows Scottish football with his time with hearts. Seemed a decent guy too going by the hearts documentary.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: daniel stendel
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:20

Iv always said that we will see a German manager come in.... just as long as it’s not the Petrie, Hughes or anyone that is in this league or below.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:20

if/when a change is made and if he is available he will be in the running.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:28

He's way outside our budget.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:31

Given Hearts pushed out the boat to get him there is no way at all we could afford him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:31

Quote:

Grant, Tue 13 Apr 21:28

This right here.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:34

Quote:

EEP, Tue 13 Apr 21:20

Iv always said that we will see a German manager come in.... just as long as it’s not the Petrie, Hughes or anyone that is in this league or below.

What could Petrie have done better in his managerial career so far?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 21:39

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 13 Apr 21:34

Quote:

Recruit, train and manage players that operate in a full time environment a start. Proven winner at championship level or above.

Our next manager needs to be a proven established full time manager, not S Petrie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 22:02

I suspect the new directors are making plans for next season so I imagine there will be change ahead

Post Edited (Tue 13 Apr 22:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 22:10

Quote:

OldInnPar, Tue 13 Apr 21:39

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 13 Apr 21:34

Quote:

Recruit, train and manage players that operate in a full time environment a start. Proven winner at championship level or above.

Our next manager needs to be a proven established full time manager, not S Petrie.

So, he's done nothing wrong in his managerial career to date then. By the way, the man you are describing is unquestionably Robbie Neilson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 22:19

We need a new manager with fresh ideas.. we have the squad but Crawford is way out of his depth... he got the chop from East Fife🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 22:20

Totally unfair to drag Stewart Petrie into this debacle through the back door because a manager outwith our budget has been mentioned imo....
And gets hardly a "merry go round" name the likes of Hughes is branded.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 22:55

By all accounts SC resigned at East Fife.

And plenty of managers have been sacked and gone on to better things - Alex Ferguson being one, Brian Clough another, Arsene Wenger another.

If you're looking for a new manager, I wouldn't automatically discount anyone who had once been sacked at a smaller club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 22:59

Quote:

1. How do you know what our budget is?

2. He is currently unemployed. So our wages are higher than unemployment benefit.

You never know if you don't ask.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 23:02

The next manager has to be selected properly.

Advertise the job, receive applications and offer the interviews and see how it pans out.

No bias, I’d personally not have an issue with Petrie being our manager if it’s on merit. He’s done a pretty good job so far. I just don’t want him to be offered the job purely because he’s an ‘ex Par’ and ‘knows the club’ because frankly, that’s a load of nonsense. I’m sure it will mean he will do his darnest to make it work because of his affection for the club (which is a plus) but any other positive people try and take out of it because of him playing with us previously would be considered a stretch for me.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Apr 23:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 23:30

I'm not sure if his health is ok but I'd like to see John Robertson get the nod. He knows the Scottish game inside out. I wouldn't be averse to Stevie working for him either.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 01:05

Watching pre-match warm-ups, AJ used to walk amongst the various groups with his hands in his pockets - no apparent encouragement or banter of any kind being offered by him. His general body language just didn’t look good.

Currently, SC’s body language doesn’t come over good at all either. Anytime the cameras show him during a match, he often looks like the proverbial rabbit caught in headlamps.

So far as both of them go, my own thoughts are that that whatever tactics, game plans, formations they are conjuring up .... are either fundamentally flawed, or the players just aren’t getting it ???

I suspect that SC is very likely on a similar trajectory that AJ followed.

Having said all that, and figuring that our current level of (under) performance is due to poor management .... I also think we’re lacking leadership on the park too.

Comparing our relative performances under AJ and SC, year on year AJ generally delivered some level of incremental improvement .... It’s not necessarily a fair comparison, but SC doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to claim any sort of improvement - from where we were when he took charge.

Somewhere along the line AJ lost the dressing room; possibly the same has happened (or is happening) with SC.

As and when change occurs at the managerial level, I think we need to get the captaincy role sorted too. That, or get a manager that can influence the team from the dugout.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 02:10

He`d be an ideal fit I would think, if financially he`s within range and has any interest.

I think Berry is spot on though, it must be a thorough, rigorous recruitment process and it doesn`t need to be a `Pars man`.

Post Edited (Wed 14 Apr 09:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 08:43

it doesnt really matter what the process is or whoever gets the job when a change is made, it wont be the right one for most people and within 6 months there will be calls for him to be sacked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 08:58

Bucuresti - I think you meant Berry not Berkey.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 09:12

Yes, I meant Berry, was pretty tired when I posted!

It does matter what the process is, it needs to be done properly to give us the best chance (not guarantee) of appointing the best (or at least a very good) candidate.
In comparison, it matters very little what the fans think of the appointment, although obviously it will have an effect on season ticket sales if (hopefully) a change occurs over the summer. The board don`t need to set out to try and achieve the impossible and please everyone or even some kind of majority, they need to try and get the best person they can.

I don`t have an issue with people complaining about the manager (or players) on here either as long as it is done respectfully. As long as when they are in the stadium (hopefully in August) they get behind him and the team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 09:35

"No bias, I’d personally not have an issue with Petrie being our manager if it’s on merit. He’s done a pretty good job so far. I just don’t want him to be offered the job purely because he’s an ‘ex Par’ and ‘knows the club’ because frankly, that’s a load of nonsense. I’m sure it will mean he will do his darnest to make it work because of his affection for the club (which is a plus) but any other positive people try and take out of it because of him playing with us previously would be considered a stretch for me."

Not sure how that could be proven to your satisfaction though - unless you`re involved in the recruitment process. He could be head and shoulders above the other candidates bur go through a rough patch and then have you sounding off about it being "jobs for the boys" or "cheap option".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 10:19

Quote:

GJS93, Wed 14 Apr 08:43

it doesnt really matter what the process is or whoever gets the job when a change is made, it wont be the right one for most people and within 6 months there will be calls for him to be sacked.

Some attitude that from GJS93. Wanting a manager, who's not even been appointed yet, punted already.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 10:27

Having a rigorous recruitment process of `external` candidates is no guarantee of appointing a successful manager. Isn`t that how AJ was recruited? It was only a matter of time before the lynch mob was baying for his blood.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:00

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Apr 10:27

Having a rigorous recruitment process of `external` candidates is no guarantee of appointing a successful manager. Isn`t that how AJ was recruited? It was only a matter of time before the lynch mob was baying for his blood.

Of course it's no guarantee but if you open up to the pool and see who is applying you at least have options and can balance the pros and cons of each candidate.

We have no idea who might have applied after Johnston went. We shouldn't be in that situation again.

Jefferies then Potter
AJ then Crawford

That's not a very good track record.

Appointing the deputy of someone who is failing without opening out to external candidates seems like terrible management to me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:07

You could argue that it makes sense to appoint someone from within as you know how he works, how people react to him etc. It happens all the time in business.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:10

“Having a rigorous recruitment process of `external` candidates is no guarantee of appointing a successful manager. Isn`t that how AJ was recruited?”

AJ was brought in to get us out of league 1 and succeeded at the first attempt. Mightn’t have worked out how he/we wanted in the years to follow but he certainly achieved his initial objective with flying colours. Why can’t we advertise for a manager to get us out of the Championship?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:19

I`m told from a hmfc source that he us an absolute tube of a man.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:23

good try Kessel, have another go.

"Appointing the deputy of someone who is failing without opening out to external candidates seems like terrible management to me"

Potter being appointed was the plan all along and they were quite open in that when Jefferies stayed on for that season.
under Johnston and Clark, Crawford had minimal involvement with the first team so i wouldnt even class him as a "deputy".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 11:30

Yes but you would only appoint someone within, if they are already showing some success in their role, if things are working. Why would you appoint internally, see that it wasn`t working and then the next time appoint the same way?

I completely get the rationale appointing Crawford, I have no issue whatsoever with that, but if (as seems quite likely) we change manager soon and the board again `headhunt` a former Pars player with little (successful) managerial experience then they will deserve all the criticism that will surely follow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 15:07

Stendel has never lasted more than a season in charge at any club. there would be a concern about that however his reputation is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIK1hujDzTE

worth a watch

Post Edited (Wed 14 Apr 16:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 16:20

Paul Smith is the man, took no prisoners when he played and wouldn't take any now!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 16:25

After watching yesterday's half time interview on bbc I hope to f##k its not kenny Miller

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 18:04

Kessel?

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 19:38

Stendel had to be persuaded quite a lot it seems to take charge in the SPL at Hearts! Hee haw chance of that happening. Would be cool to see something different though is Crawford doesn’t last.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 19:58

Quote:

CrossPar, Tue 13 Apr 22:59

Quote:

1. How do you know what our budget is?

2. He is currently unemployed. So our wages are higher than unemployment benefit.

You never know if you don't ask.

You're correct, I don't know what our budget is. Why don't we try and sign Messi and Ronaldo eh? You never know if you don't ask.

Or you do know.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 20:23

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Apr 10:27

Craig Brown recommended AJ

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 21:19

If Portsmouth couldn't get him and Nancy in France. I really doubt we could afford what he will be asking. Unless.....he has a close rapport with any of the investors.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 21:20

I am sure I just seen him on the staff bench for Liverpool tonight, giving instructions to the subs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 21:33

Peter Krawietz i think it is, but definitely see where you are coming from with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 00:18

Stendel played with Meggle at St Pauli 👀

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 09:01

Just gave him a google , uncanny how alike they are lol

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net