DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Morton What have you Done ?
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 10:45

Morton are to be infront of SFA officials for playing a friendly against a group of unattached players in a trial match in March. Playing unsanctioned games is not allowed anyway but in the pandemic , against a group of players from who knows where,not a very bright move .
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/morton-facing-sfa-hammering-unapproved-23915395.amp?__twitter_impression=true

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Morton What have you Done ?
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 11:58

Couldnt make this up. Points deduction? Players banned for breaching covid? interesting to see how SPFL deal with this one. Put lots of own players and oppostion players at risk.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 12:21

A heavy fine and as for points deduction would be a SPFL matter

Post Edited (Thu 15 Apr 12:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 12:29

Perhaps Alloa might be saved!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 12:45

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 15 Apr 10:45

Morton are to be infront of SFA officials for playing a friendly against a group of unattached players in a trial match in March. Playing unsanctioned games is not allowed anyway but in the pandemic , against a group of players from who knows where,not a very bright move .
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/morton-facing-sfa-hammering-unapproved-23915395.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Expulsion from the cup and replaced by the team they beat would be a fitting punishment.

Good luck East Fife 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 13:26

Really really poor journalism. Quick look at SFA site tells you the hearing was last week. The decision was announced 2 days ago. They got a £750 fine, suspended until the end of the season. If they don’t repeat the offence, no fine will be due.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 13:45

Keith Jackson making an @rse of himself again.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 13:48

the fine was in relation to playing a match against unregistered team without permission. There will also be a covid breach investigation, or should be given circumstances

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 14:56

I’ve no’ done anything 😂
Just enjoying the sunshine, and drinking cauld milk with the pinkie oot 👸

Post Edited (Thu 15 Apr 16:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 16:46

Pretty poor from the SFA , I note Morton have a suspended sentence of £750, but really is that all that playing an sanctioned game against non tested players , breaking non essential travel restrictions, if the SFA can't do anything ,I'd have hoped the government would have applied pressure on the them .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 20:44

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 15 Apr 16:46

Pretty poor from the SFA , I note Morton have a suspended sentence of £750, but really is that all that playing an sanctioned game against non tested players , breaking non essential travel restrictions, if the SFA can't do anything ,I'd have hoped the government would have applied pressure on the them .

Naw no really. Taken into account the fine is related purely to the game itself without permission. Covid investigation will and should be different and follow the same punishment that other clubs have recieved.

Seems to me to be a misjudged understanding of the rules, as buff say's Stranraer were also due to play this team.

If it happened to us then I would be grateful for the leniency shown especially in these financial Times for clubs.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Apr 20:45)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net