DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 TEAM v QOS
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Apr 14:01

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: TEAM v QOS
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 07:55

On the basis that Wilson and Banks are not fully fit...

OFW

Comrie
Gaspuitus
E Murray
Edwards

Thomas (drifting infield)
Whittaker
Mayo
Henderson (drifting infield)

McManus
O`Hara

Subs: Gill, Watson, Macdonald, Wilson, F Murray, Wighton & Banks (McCann)

I think Henderson`s best position is an attacking midfielder, but I can`t get him in the team there at the moment, he can at least drift infield from the left and Edwards can push on, as can Comrie on the right if Thomas drifts infield. I think we need to have a competitive central midfield and I want to 2 strikers up top to press the ball better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 09:25

I'd have Wighton and O'Hara up front. Maybe keep Henderson as a reserve to bring on to bring more of an attack from midfield.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 10:13

Henderson should be first pick we have too many defensive midfielders ,as for Ohara runs about with no end product and it’s like a pinball when it hits him no control Wighton and McManus a better return of goals .I won’t be to upset if we don’t make the playoffs because I reckon we wil get embarrassed again.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 10:38

It`s madness not to want to get in to the play-offs.

There`s not much between 8 sides in the league in terms of quality. The issue we have is a complete lack of confidence and momentum.

Even if we scrape three 1-0 wins between now and the end of the season (that`s not a prediction), we would probably make 4th place and go in with a bit more positivity.

It then looks a bit brighter. Our defence - aside from the 8 goals shipped in the space of 2 games against Dundee and Raith - is fairly solid. Whittaker didn`t play in either of those games if my memory serves me correctly. You put Wilson in beside him and we look really solid. Then, with a bit more confidence in the side and a solid base, you have the likes of Thomas, Henderson and Banks able to play with a bit more freedom and Wighton upfront, who looks our best bet when it comes to both goal scoring and linking with the midfield.

Not saying any of that will happen, and we need to stop doing mad things like playing McManus, O`Hara and Wighton in the starting line-up, but it can change very quickly in the Championship.

Queen of the South are the best example of that this season. Looked certs for relegation - lost 4 games in December by a combined score of 14-2. Out of the blue, they win 2-0 at Starks Park, which started a run where the only lost once in 11 games.

We might as well keep the faith. It`s part of the contract when you subject yourself to the life sentence of supporting the Pars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 11:09

Really good post DaGo. I can't understand the logic of not wanting to win every game between now and the end of the season whatever point that's going to be for us.

Even if we make the playoffs and get spanked the positive is that its more money for the club which we badly need.

If we don't achieve what we want to achieve we've got an entire summer to get the pitch forks out but up until then surely we want the team to win as many games as we can irrespective of individuals opinions on who likely that's going to be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 11:21

We're mince just now but things can change. I also don't subscribe to the fact we'd get embarrassed in the playoffs. We've just lost 3-2 on aggregate to Dundee, our likeliest opponents. Raith away was an abomination that you'd like to think won't be repeated. We're hard to beat when we set out to be hard to beat.

We need the prize money for finishing as high up the league as possible. We scrape a win tomorrow and it's all to play for.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 11:32

Aggregate against the Rovers over the last two games is also only 6-5.

Again, I don't fancy us over two legs against anyone at this moment. In 2 weeks time, it might look different though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 11:32

I've not really seen many posts where folk want us to lose any game .
Plenty of folk have expressed their concerns about our ability to win many games , but that opinion should not be portrayed as wanting the team they support to lose !
I reckon we've been guff for the vast majority of the season , but I'm desperately hoping we finish the season with a string of victories .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 12:11

OFW
Comrie Gaspuitis EMurray Edwards
Whittaker Henderson
Thomas McManus FMurray
Wighton

that depends on availability of EMurray, Whittaker, McManus and then Banks and Wilson.

one other change id make would be the front "two" to split the pitch in half width ways and best way i can put it is work in a V rather than getting the no9 to work all the way across the defence.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 12:14

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 13:58

I don’t think I’ve played this game before, but I’ll have a bash.

Obviously I don’t know who’s fit or who’s performing well in training, but I’ll assume Dow and Martin are out, and Wilson and Banks are doubtful. Possibly Whittaker as well.

I would gamble, by not gambling. Put out a solid eleven with an aim of keeping it tight and hoping to outplay the opposition. QoS may be anxious as well and I wouldn’t give them any encouragement early on, in particular by playing players out of position.

The defence has been fairly sound of late, so I would keep them.

Midfield and attack is a bit of a lottery. I think Whittaker should start (if not, then Mayo). Henderson has had a few games so it’s time for him to step up. Thomas as well. If Wilson is fit I’d play him. If neither he nor Banks is fit then I guess it has to be Fraser Murray.

Which is the best pair up front? None of the options convinces, but I’d probably go for McManus and Wighton. O’Hara is perhaps better in a team that is defending and hitting on the break.

So:

OFW
Comrie Gaspuitis E Murray Edwards
Thomas Whittaker Henderson F Murray
McManus Wighton

Subs: Gill, Macdonald, Watson, McInroy, Mayo, O’Hara, McCann.

Wilson and Banks to be ahead of F Murray with Watson and then McCann to drop out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 15:13

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 16:10

Quote:

FRED1981, Fri 16 Apr 10:13

Henderson should be first pick we have too many defensive midfielders ,as for Ohara runs about with no end product and it’s like a pinball when it hits him no control Wighton and McManus a better return of goals .I won’t be to upset if we don’t make the playoffs because I reckon we wil get embarrassed again.

Well we might get embarrassed, Fred and then again, we might not. I'm sure you'll be familiar with the Lotto''s slogan.

I think some fans maybe think that missing the play offs will ensure that Stevie Crawford is sacked and that it's a price worth paying but it would represent a substantial loss of prize money, so I hope we make the cut and roll the dice.

The worst that can happen is that we lose two games of football.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 16:49

Silema Par

Which is the bigger news blackout today?

A) Thousands of combat ready Russian troops with tanks and missile launchers massing on the border of Ukraine.

B) Whether Iain Wilson and Scott Banks are fit?

A) it is old news the Russians have been her for over a week ! they are trying to do the humanitarian thing not cause problems ! the people of the Donbass are being killed by their own government Ukraine and as for their president Volodymyr Zelenskiy he is as corrupt as all those before him , biggest problem here is USA are supplying weapons to Ukraine , and of course we know why , so they can get a base closer to Russia Anyway this should be on another thread it has nothing to do with football

B) If you are a Pars fan whether Iain Wilson or Scott Banks is fit for tomorrow will be more important to you because you probably do not know or care about Ukraine / Russian Border and Ukrainians being killed by their own in the Donbass region

Post Edited (Fri 16 Apr 16:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 16:58

The main news in the UK is all about where 2 brothers will be walking and what they will be wearing. Personally they should be wearing old clothes so that they can push the Landrover if it breaks down.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 18:21

Ideally,

OFW

Comrie Murray Gaspuitis Edwards,

Whittaker Wilson,

Thomas Henderson Banks,

Wighton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Fri 16 Apr 18:58

this is last chance sallon for play offs dont beat q o s cant make them so cmon pars need goals and a win

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 07:59

Quote:

Lambo1885, Fri 16 Apr 18:21

Ideally,

OFW

Comrie Murray Gaspuitis Edwards,

Whittaker Wilson,

Thomas Henderson Banks,

Wighton

Agree with this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 09:03

Well feels like we’re definitely in ‘must win’ territory now and even that in the long run might not be good enough.

It would be the Pars way if our playoff ambitions happen to be thrown out at the hands of AJ..

The Dundee 0-0 it felt like the club were happy with the point and rely on ICT dropping points. The way we played didn’t feel like we were really going for the win and then the interviews afterward, didn’t get the impression they were really disappointed, that’s what infuriated me most.

We just need to find a way to finish in the top four and worry about the playoff games as and when they come, think we all want to be in them than not regardless of how everyone thinks we’ll do in them.

Regardless of the run QOTS have been on, at home they are a team you should be expecting to beat if there was any ambition this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 09:15

I can see a few goals in this one as QOS are in the same boat as us, must win for both sides.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RM5944  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 09:31

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 16 Apr 10:38

It`s madness not to want to get in to the play-offs.

There`s not much between 8 sides in the league in terms of quality. The issue we have is a complete lack of confidence and momentum.

Even if we scrape three 1-0 wins between now and the end of the season (that`s not a prediction), we would probably make 4th place and go in with a bit more positivity.

It then looks a bit brighter. Our defence - aside from the 8 goals shipped in the space of 2 games against Dundee and Raith - is fairly solid. Whittaker didn`t play in either of those games if my memory serves me correctly. You put Wilson in beside him and we look really solid. Then, with a bit more confidence in the side and a solid base, you have the likes of Thomas, Henderson and Banks able to play with a bit more freedom and Wighton upfront, who looks our best bet when it comes to both goal scoring and linking with the midfield.

Not saying any of that will happen, and we need to stop doing mad things like playing McManus, O`Hara and Wighton in the starting line-up, but it can change very quickly in the Championship.

Queen of the South are the best example of that this season. Looked certs for relegation - lost 4 games in December by a combined score of 14-2. Out of the blue, they win 2-0 at Starks Park, which started a run where the only lost once in 11 games.

We might as well keep the faith. It`s part of the contract when you subject yourself to the life sentence of supporting the Pars.

Refreshing positive post with no negativity. Fantastic comment 👏🏼

Football without the fans is nothing!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 09:43

It`s also about how we actually play. If it`s the usual punt up the park that comes straight back at least 9 out of 10 times then goals will be tough to get. We get the occasional break but it hardly breeds confidence on our ability to create chances. We`ll know within the first 10 minutes if we are going to have another frustrating afternoon.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 10:52

Anyone who's watched football for long enough will know that you can emerge from a poor run of form sometimes just as quickly as you can get into that situation.
Yes, sometimes it takes something more major to kick start a change in fortune but not always.
We can only hope.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 10:59

TODAY`S PEPTALK...

Okay boys. No excuses. From here it`s no draws, no losses, just wins. You get it?

Right... NOW DO IT!!!!!

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:05

Team
OFW

COMRIE
GASPUITIS
MAYO
EDWARDS

THOMAS
WHITTAKER
HENDERSON
WIGHTON

OHARA
MCMANUS

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:07

I hope this isn’t the start of him trying to play wighton out wide, best striker at the club and said when he came in he sees him as the striker so why is he now being pushed out wide
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:12

Play O’Hara in behind McManus & Wighton.

.......but above all attack!!

We’ve nothing to lose.........

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:15

Wighton is our most clinical striker I would’ve said so to play him on the wing I’m not so convinced.

To play attacking doesn’t necessarily mean you need to throw on a load of forwards.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:16

Is this the confirmed team... If so no Murray.... He looked like he was carrying an injury on tuesday

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:24

"best striker at the club and said when he came in he sees him as the striker so why is he now being pushed out wide"

he also said he can play wide which he can do, in this case with Banks and Dow injured he thinks he is a better option there than F.Murray.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:37

McManus plays better as an Attacking Midfielder (even when he’s a striker he’s more in midfield) play him there with OHara and Wighton up front and not coming back any further than the centre circle. We have missed so many chances as the front man has been helping in midfield. McManus did it all season and now 2ighton has started doing it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 11:37

We’re going to win today.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net