DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Spiders Up (almost)
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 17:40

Queens Park are unbeaten in League Two and 15 points clear at the top.

With 5 matches to go they only need one point to confirm them as champions.

I was sorry to see them give up their amateur status, but turning professional has paid off!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Spiders Up (almost)
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 18:45

So happy, but Eddie Hunter will be turning in his grave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 20:34

I believe the President is his son David Hunter who played as full back while Eddie was in charge

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 20:39

Are the champions guaranteed promotion, Stanza? (Please see the thread I started on this subject. )

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 17 Apr 21:15

"Are the champions guaranteed promotion, Stanza? (Please see the thread I started on this subject. )"

My understanding is that after 18 games the leagues split 5/5, so that post-split there are four further rounds of matches involving all teams. It is not a knock-out system, and the points won before and after the split are added together to determine the league positions, just as they are in the Premiership. On that basis, Queens Park would need only 1 more point to go up as Champions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56417452

However, the 5/5 split does mean that a team finishing the season in 6th place could win its four post-split matches and so gather more points over the season than the team that finishes 5th (cf the Premiership under the 6/6 split).

And that team finishing 6th might even have more points than the team finishing 4th. EG with one match to go before the split in League One, Montrose (6th) are only 3 points behind East Fife (4th) so it`s quite conceivable that Montrose will finish the season with more points than East Fife, who then contend the play-offs and perhaps even get promoted!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 18 Apr 10:03

Spent a really good day at Hampden with Queens Park fans and directors a couple of years ago helping my friend Paul Town doing his Hampden Trilogy art exhibition

We were treated like royalty so I wish them well. I am sure they will do well in League 1 next year and will eventually become a Championship club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 18 Apr 19:36

Back in the day (until 1950) only in Scotland could you have an amateur club owning the largest spectator capacity stadium on the planet. !!!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net