DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Playoffs.... Home or Away 1st Up
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 17:13

Whats everyone's preferred set up then, be at home or away for 1st leg of the playoffs??

Does it matter if if its Raith or Dundee for that decision ? Both ways I guess have pros and cons.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Playoffs.... Home or Away 1st Up
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 17:16

We don’t have a choice. Unless we somehow end up 3rd, we will be home first and away for the second leg in every round we play. With no fans, I don’t think it makes any difference though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 17:20

Set up is so unfair and weighted in favour of the Premiership team who have had a p*** poor season. If we end up 4th we'll need to win three ties over 6 games if we are to go up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 17:27

Quote:

par-91, Sat 24 Apr 17:16

We don’t have a choice. Unless we somehow end up 3rd, we will be home first and away for the second leg in every round we play. With no fans, I don’t think it makes any difference though.

course we don't have a choice but we can still finish 3rd at end of the day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 17:29

Not sure it makes much difference being 3rd or 4th. Whoever finishes 2nd out of Dundee and Raith will feel the benefit of two less games.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 17:42

I'm not sure the 2 games off will help, its been a short season and I would much rather play than have a week off

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 17:59

Think there's around £75k difference in prize money for finishing 3rd.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 18:03

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 24 Apr 17:59

Think there's around £75k difference in prize money for finishing 3rd.

And more money for getting through the 1st playoff tie? If so who do we want on that game for the best chance of progression, Dundee or Raith?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 18:24

Quote:

cfad, Sat 24 Apr 17:20

Set up is so unfair and weighted in favour of the Premiership team who have had a p*** poor season. If we end up 4th we'll need to win three ties over 6 games if we are to go up

I actually quite like the set up to be honest, gives teams some credit for finishing further up in the playoff positions.

Makes it much more difficult for us this season, but anything’s possible, look at Brechin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 18:54

think the issue with the set up is that the premiership team only have to play 2 games in the play offs is what annoys people, easier chance to redeem a poor season than 2 teams do in 3rd and 4th do who been having much better seasons normally

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 18:59

Finishing 2nd can also go against teams as they have that extra week off from playing, so depends on the team and players how they react to playing basically every midweek and weekend now, or how they come back from the rest you get for finishing 2nd.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 19:04

Yeah can understand the view on Premiership teams.

The team thats in 11th now, Ross County, they’ve earned their spot in the top flight so for me I don’t mind them having the one fixture and the Championship teams have to fight for the right to play them.

In the Championship there’s benefit as well, one less round for Raith to go through if positions stay as is. A week off football could be a disadvantage, you could equally play and have injuries...

The structure isn’t for everyone, but I prefer this than the standard semi final, final.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 19:20

We have shown very little to justify a shot at the Premier league. But we have it. As 3rd or 4th place contenders we shouldn`t be expecting any favours. The players over a possible 6 matches can do themselves, the club, the fans and the manager a massive favour if they win through. So they have a great opportunity. Going on recent past and even today`s performance they must be seen as big outsiders. But it`s football and it is possible. We have failed at this hurdle before but the players have this great opportunity to show us all that they do have something special.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Apr 19:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 20:07

"The structure isn’t for everyone, but I prefer this than the standard semi final, final"

is it not this structure to fit in the extra 2 league games the premier team has to play? rather than have 3 championship teams all not playing, this keeps just 1 out of action? the 2 extra games is in a normal season though, this season they will have played 11, will that be a factor?

win your home games, draw the away games whichever way they are done.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 20:12

"Finishing 2nd can also go against teams as they have that extra week off from playing, so depends on the team and players how they react to playing basically every midweek and weekend now, or how they come back from the rest you get for finishing 2nd."

The evidence clearly suggests that the team finishing second does benefit from having two less games to play in comparison to 3rd & 4th - only 2 clubs have won promotion through the Championship playoffs, and both were runners up in the regular season.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Apr 20:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 23:00

If you say the same thing in 3 threads do you win a prize? Asking for a veteran......

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 24 Apr 23:45

Surely the fact that, on average, the team that finishes second is, you know, a better team than the ones below?

I say on average because there's virtually nothing between anyone in this league week to week from 2nd to 9th and I'm not sure it counts all that much.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 08:50

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 24 Apr 23:00

If you say the same thing in 3 threads do you win a prize? Asking for a veteran......

If you are counting - you have to be as sad as me !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 10:26

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 25 Apr 08:50

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 24 Apr 23:00

If you are counting - you have to be as sad as me !!!

😁

I lost count at 3

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 10:28

Use mair fingers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 12:36

It looks like our forwards are hitting a wee bit of form just at the right time for these matches. Just need to keep door closed at other end.
And Henderson seems also to be finding his feet in the last 2 games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 13:25

Tough tough ties as shown against our games against Dundee & Raith already this season. But at least we have recovered a wee bit of form which will give us more of a chance
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net