DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Prize Pot
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 07:56

According to the SPFL figures 2019 vintage the club coming third in the Championship receives £400k and the club coming fourth £325k.

If those figures are still the case today, it means the result at Alloa Ath is more important than I had anticipated.

From a playing point of view, I think there is a case for resting as many players as we can as it does not affect the relegation battle.

Among the Pars Fans there are Economists,Accountants,Tax Officials,even Auditors.Does anyone know the current pay out?

It was wonderful that Betfred upped their sponsorship by 17% at a time when the Scottish Leagues and Scottish FA Cup have no sponsor.

What are Doncaster and Maxwell doing for those eye watering salaries?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Prize Pot
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 10:28

I know little of finance as a glance at my overdraft would confirm!

However,at the Supporters` Council, I chat with very clever fans who inhabit the world of finance.

I had hoped to hear an expert response.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 11:15

Dundee can still finish 4th or 2nd, and Raith can drop to 3rd, so all clubs finaniclaly have incentive to get the points this Friday, not to mention possible home advantage second, so think all will g full..fullish strrength

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 13:17

We need to just look after ourselves by beating Alloa, then hope QOS do us a favour by winning against Dundee. That would see us win more much needed prize money whilst giving us a home 2nd leg in the first playoff game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 13:48

Quote:

cfad, Mon 26 Apr 13:17

We need to just look after ourselves by beating Alloa, then hope QOS do us a favour by winning against Dundee. That would see us win more much needed prize money whilst giving us a home 2nd leg in the first playoff game

Apart from Hearts and Alloa, every other team in the league could move league positions. The money they could earn from that could be the difference between paying the salaries of a couple of players. Which is good news, all the teams will be doing their best, and it's an intriguing batter at the bottom to avoid the playoff spot
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 15:30

Does anyone know the incremental figures for 2020/21 as I could only find the ones for two seasons ago?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 15:39

Quote:

Sliema Par, Mon 26 Apr 15:30

Does anyone know the incremental figures for 2020/21 as I could only find the ones for two seasons ago?

The figures will depend on how much the SPFL has to distribute, which won’t be known until after the end of the season.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 16:07

The new domestic deals, beginning in the 2020-21 season, are with Sky, Premier Sports, BBC Scotland and BBC Alba.

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/bt-sport-to-lose-scottish-football-from-2020-21/

Sky deal alone allegedly £160m so £32m each year for that. Then premier have scottish cup don't know value of that deal. BBC Scotland have some Scottish cup and Championship, Div 1 & 2 games as well as radio rights.
That to me is sky deal alone is equivalent to £750,000 per spfl club. There is no need for club 42 to be getting £45k prize money it is ludicrous.

Scottish football at all levels need investment, they need to be able to be sustainable. This is the perfect opportunity to say to celtic and Rangers change the voting system and all clubs should be allowed to vote. Need to break the monopoly they have on scottish football.

Without their greed I am sure we could make scottish football competitive again. They earn the right to have access to bigger prize money with Champions league and UEFA cup.

Really frustrated me when I saw what prize money was like in 2019...pretty jaw dropping stuff. Run a football club on 45k!! You need to make sure your stadium meets our rules....ensure you have a full squad of players, medical facilities, insurances and complete a whole season including away travel....all with 45k!! Unbelievable
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 16:19

I don't know how many league set ups there are, but of the 23 listed on Wikipedia, we're 19th...that's pretty poor. Surely the Scottish leagues are more interesting than the Belgian league, which gets 3x as much.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 16:37

SKY would have little or no interest in SPFL games without Celtic and Rangers as the big box office attraction.

The Edinburgh and Dundee (when available) derbies are of secondary value to them - and the rest are minor support acts.

Wishing it were otherwise - but that doesn`t change the reality.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 16:59

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 26 Apr 16:37

SKY would have little or no interest in SPFL games without Celtic and Rangers as the big box office attraction.

The Edinburgh and Dundee (when available) derbies are of secondary value to them - and the rest are minor support acts.

Wishing it were otherwise - but that doesn`t change the reality.

True, but without them commanding so much of the pot then the game would become more competitive. Look at England. Back then it was only Man United and Arsenal really that had a shot at league title. Now there is so many teams able to compete. That's what makes the premiership the money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 16:59

Outside Scotland only Rangers and Celtic exist.
Inside Scotland, apart from us non-glory-hunting supporters of our mainly local clubs only Rangers and Celtic exist.
When the SFA/SPFL negotiate TV and sponsorship deals we get crap deals because they only promote the Rangers Celtic product.
Even when Rangers died the SFA/SPL tried to place the new Rangers into the SPL if it wasn`t for fans threatening to cancel season tickets they would have done just that.
Scottish football is effectively a Rangers Celtic franchise duopoly. Thankfully St Mirren and St Johnstone not following the script stopped a treble by the franchise, meantime the prize-pot is miserable, even for the franchise.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 19:44

"That`s what makes the premiership the money."

It`s primarily the size of the TV audience that makes the EPL big bucks.

There is a much smaller viewing potential for north of Hadrian`s Wall.

"Back then it was only Man United and Arsenal really that had a shot at league title."

What timeframe are you considering for the "back then" period ?

Since the EPL started 1992-93 it has been won by 7 different clubs - in the 28 previous seasons of the former English First Division it was won by 9 different clubs.

Therefore it`s reasonable to suggest that Man.Unt and Arsenal had less of a "shot at the league" back then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 22:51

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 26 Apr 19:44

"That`s what makes the premiership the money."

It`s primarily the size of the TV audience that makes the EPL big bucks.

Yes, but if we stayed on original sky deal yes it was for less money would we currently be benefiting from an increased exposure and increased viewing? Instead we were on multiple subscription channels that nobody really wanted to pay for.

There is a much smaller viewing potential for north of Hadrian`s Wall.
Irrespective if we had sky as broadcaster instead of setanta-bt sports- premier. We lost out because most of the punters don't want to pay multiple subscriptions. If we were on the main one we would have had better coverage and interest to allow sky to increase the bidding.

"Back then it was only Man United and Arsenal really that had a shot at league title."

What timeframe are you considering for the "back then" period ?

Since the EPL started 1992-93 it has been won by 7 different clubs - in the 28 previous seasons of the former English First Division it was won by 9 different clubs.

Therefore it`s reasonable to suggest that Man.Unt and Arsenal had less of a "shot at the league" back then.

1992-2003 Man u - Arsenal and Blackburn Rovers. Completely different story now. So many teams have the squads and capabilities to win the EPL. Money talks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 23:17

It is a different story now, fewer clubs have won the top league title as did in the previous setup.

Apart from Leicester City`s incredible success 2015-16 the EPL has been won by one of the clubs from the usual suspects list. It`ll be a long time, if ever, before that changes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 00:24

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 26 Apr 23:17

It is a different story now, fewer clubs have won the top league title as did in the previous setup.

Apart from Leicester City`s incredible success 2015-16 the EPL has been won by one of the clubs from the usual suspects list. It`ll be a long time, if ever, before that changes.

Aye true, but it's gonna be interesting to see what the fall out between fans and owners of the attempted robbery of English football if any owners just sell. Such as the owner of Spotify is apparently lining up a bid for Arsenal.
Unless you spend way over budget you won't be able to compete, it stopped dominance by one club though that's why I was glad to see Leicester win it and Liverpool. Would like to see Everton do it but unless they massively overspend then I cannot see it.

Personally when SPL went for setanta deal that was nail in our coffin up here. I honestly believe if we had kept in contracts with them alot of our clubs would be in a better financial position.

Ohh on top my earlier post it appears we owed sky money back for TV deal and deal has been renegotiated to counter the broadcasting revenue Cutting our deal down to £27.5m a year
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net