DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 City v spurs
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 16:33

Fans enjoying being at a game, sounds mobbed but only 8k inside

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: City v spurs
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 16:56

Great to see fans back.
City are dominant so far and should be ahead.
I think both sets of players are getting a lift from the fans being in

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 25 Apr 16:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 18:26

Phenomenal performance from Man City. That should have been 6 or 7 . An absolute miracle it wasn’t more

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 18:37

What’s your opinion of Sterling ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 19:35

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 25 Apr 18:37

What’s your opinion of Sterling ?

One of the most overrated players about
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Apr 22:02

I agree. Has a great knack of running into trouble and playing with his head down. Selection and execution of passes is highly debatable and his left foot is weak.
He has pace, though.

Still, Pep thought he was good enough for years, so what’s my opinion worth ? Hee haw

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 07:39

"What’s your opinion of Sterling ?"

Gets himself into great positions, but his decision making is horrendous. As mentioned, plays with his head down too much. However City`s last title season he had an excellent season, he seems to have reverted back to the player prior to that tho.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 07:49

Scoter should have been off the park.
Sterling is pihs.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 12:13

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 25 Apr 22:02

I agree. Has a great knack of running into trouble and playing with his head down. Selection and execution of passes is highly debatable and his left foot is weak.
He has pace, though.

Sounds as good as me then
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 12:45

I think the posts 're Sterling are very harsh. Liverpool fans were very angry and upset when he went to Man City - they wouldn't have been that bothered if they'd thought he was pihs, as some posters are suggesting.

What is undoubtedly true, imo, is that he was a very raw talent and that Pep's coaching made him a much better player. He became an established international player and was scoring goals for fun before this season. He appears to have lost his mojo for some reason and Pep hasn't been able to help him find it.

A good player doesn't suddenly become a poor one, so I expect we'll see him back to his best when he gets a run in the team and scores a few goals, although that's unlikely to be this season as Pep isn't going to be starting him when there are so many important games coming up and he's in such poor form. ( I could see him playing in the league when City have wrapped it up.)

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 13:26

Many of the goals he scored for fun were tap ins from within the 6 yard box.

He also missed a few tap ins from within the 6 yard box!

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 26 Apr 13:32

There's a cracking article in the Athletic on him:

https://theathletic.com/2526056/2021/04/18/guardiola-knows-he-has-a-sterling-problem/

Lambo's post is really close to the mark. If you took out any player's negative traits they'd be up there with Messi and Ronaldo and Sterling obviously isn't.

When you start to look at the negatives; decision making and his technique can often let him down. His direct running can take him down blind alleys but conversely he can drag the team up the pitch and he's also scored crucial goals like the late winner at Southampton when he drove and cut in from the right.

Although he says he prefers to play on the left I thought he was really effective when played on the right and Sane played left.

His technique in terms of control and striking of a ball can be highly variable in quality too. Apparently Arteta had done work with him to stop him snatching at shots and it seemed to pay dividends during the period Lambo references.

When he's completely on it, he's terrific but when he's not its sometimes hard to understand why it's not working for him. Is it confidence? Is he trying to do too much sometimes to show he's the man which leads to him making bad choices? Does he not suit playing certain teams? Is it the case that some wingers just have games like he does if you're not in the world class bracket?

If Pep can get him firing again he's clearly a talented player but he's a bit like a horse that will run a blinder one minute and get tailed off in the next race and the trainer doesn't know why.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net