DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 12:18

Hibs v hibs
Saints v saints

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 12:36

I see what you did there
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 13:28

Quote:

Jbob, Tue 27 Apr 12:18

Hibs v hibs
Saints v saints


Very clever, Jbob. For anyone who's stumped by this, Dundee United started out as Dundee Hibs.

Quite refreshing to see a SC semi-final draw without Sellick or Sevco spoiling it. None of the 4 teams boast a large number of SC wins so may the best team win it this year.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 13:49

"Very clever, Jbob. For anyone who`s stumped by this, Dundee United started out as Dundee Hibs."

Yes, indeed - way back in the dark ages United had an element of local "left footers" in their support.

Reserves played on a Friday night and the pie stall had "Catholic bridies" for those so inclined.

GG - you might have to explain that one as well !!!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 13:54

3/4 same semi finalists as the league cup. More boring Scottish football ;)

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 13:57

It should make for a great final for a change. The Glasgow teams always have "home" advantage by playing at Hampden. There is even an unofficial Rangers and Celtic end. And with referee bias it is always highly unlikely that any other team will beat either of them in a final there. I can`t forget my sad, lonely walk back home after our last attempt and the name Bobo Baldi is indelibly printed on my psyche.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 14:41

It's a shame they won't move it from Hampden as it will cost too much to rent another ground even with 2000 fans allowed in.
No fans at Hampden either as cost too much to hire stewards to man the turnstiles!



[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 15:07

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 27 Apr 13:49

"Very clever, Jbob. For anyone who`s stumped by this, Dundee United started out as Dundee Hibs."

Yes, indeed - way back in the dark ages United had an element of local "left footers" in their support.

Reserves played on a Friday night and the pie stall had "Catholic bridies" for those so inclined.

GG - you might have to explain that one as well !!!


I'd never heard of them, VEE, but I'm guessing they would be a meat-free version - about as appealing as a non alcoholic beer. ☹

Paralex, on a point of order, the Bobo Balde robbery was not our last SC Final appearance. We were back in 2007 but didn't acquit ourselves as well as in 2004.

Agree that Celtic and Rangers enjoy a huge advantage when they face provincial teams at Hampden. It's virtually a home game for them.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 15:52

well it had me flummoxed jbob but after the explanation very clever :)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 16:47

Well spotted GG but if you read carefully I didn`t say it was. I was at both cup finals and in the last one we lost it to a very late goal scored by a Celtic fullback if I remember right, that sent me home very sad. But in the previous one when we scored first I reckoned we were robbed by the Bobo Baldi incident.


But admittedly, I should have added, " from our previous final."


Post Edited (Tue 27 Apr 16:49)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 18:16

The doumbe toe poke in the 2007 final

Post Edited (Tue 27 Apr 18:18)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 18:25

Exactly Pars1986, just when I thought we were heading for extra time and penalties.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 18:30

Thank you gents.

Football often gives us these quirks

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 18:45

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 27 Apr 18:25

Exactly Pars1986, just when I thought we were heading for extra time and penalties.


Was gutting the time dragged In on the countdown to the final whistle untill he scored which according to wiki was his only ever senior goal. Once that went in it was like some pressed the fast forward button. Was still a good day out aswell as we travelled with the players wifes and family there and only a handful of them travelled back with us. I remember on the way back we got a phone call to detour and pick up another supporters bus as there's had broken down
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 19:26

So it looks like a Hibs Saints final then..

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 27 Apr 20:02

On the Bobo Baldi incident my brother has just reminded me that a few days after the game when he was at his day job in Queen Street Station that the referee appeared at his window to buy a ticket. My brother, still raging , asked him if he was the only person at Hampden who didn`t see Baldi handling the ball. He gave the ref. such dogs abuse he thought he might be in danger of losing his job. All these years later, I still can`t get over it. It was an absolute scandal.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 09:13

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 27 Apr 20:02

On the Bobo Baldi incident my brother has just reminded me that a few days after the game when he was at his day job in Queen Street Station that the referee appeared at his window to buy a ticket. My brother, still raging , asked him if he was the only person at Hampden who didn`t see Baldi handling the ball. He gave the ref. such dogs abuse he thought he might be in danger of losing his job. All these years later, I still can`t get over it. It was an absolute scandal.


I wouldn't be too hard on the ref, Paralex. I was with 3 others, level with the 18 yard line and none of us saw it. I can't remember anyone round about us shouting for it either and the first I knew of it was from watching the BBC highlights that evening. I think Stevie Crawford was the only Pars player who appealed to the ref with his hands in the air.

Hell, I do blame the ref and his assistant - that's what they're paid to do! What makes it even harder to take, is that Celtic went straight up the park and equalised, some 30s later. Had we been awarded the pen and scored from it, it's doubtful Celtic would have come back from it.



Not your average Sunday League player.


Post Edited (Wed 28 Apr 09:15)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 10:40

I didn`t see the handball incident at the time either.

I`ve got to say though, a 2-0 lead would have given us a reasonable chance of lifting the cup, but only that. If there was one thing O`Neil/Larsson`s Celtic could do, it was rescue games - often at the death - that looked lost.

It would have been nice to have put that to the test though. At 2-0 down, in Larsson`s final game, when we`d already ruined their trophy presentation 3 weeks before, they might have got a bit desperate. Mind you, so might the ref.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 10:43

"No fans at Hampden either as cost too much to hire stewards to man the turnstiles"

Not sure where that`s came from but it`s not true - the SFA agreed to hand over Hampden to UEFA for Euro 2020 preparations and as part of the agreement they said they wouldn`t have fans at the game. Had the Cup been played ad scheduled last year there would have been time before the handover but with the condensed schedule this season there wasn`t. Absolutely no reason why they can`t have it elsewhere though.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 11:04

Hearts knocked back the SFA for Tynecastle, as painting the roof trusses has started, SRU have Rainbow cup at Murrayfield then .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 11:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 28 Apr 09:13

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 27 Apr 20:02

On the Bobo Baldi incident my brother has just reminded me that a few days after the game when he was at his day job in Queen Street Station that the referee appeared at his window to buy a ticket. My brother, still raging , asked him if he was the only person at Hampden who didn`t see Baldi handling the ball. He gave the ref. such dogs abuse he thought he might be in danger of losing his job. All these years later, I still can`t get over it. It was an absolute scandal.


I wouldn't be too hard on the ref, Paralex. I was with 3 others, level with the 18 yard line and none of us saw it. I can't remember anyone round about us shouting for it either and the first I knew of it was from watching the BBC highlights that evening. I think Stevie Crawford was the only Pars player who appealed to the ref with his hands in the air.

Hell, I do blame the ref and his assistant - that's what they're paid to do! What makes it even harder to take, is that Celtic went straight up the park and equalised, some 30s later. Had we been awarded the pen and scored from it, it's doubtful Celtic would have come back from it.


On the flip side, Celtic had a perfectly good goal ruled offside from Petrov in that game.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 17:13

We were in the main stand half way up at the side where the incident took place. I clearly saw Baldi bringing the ball down with his hand. As has been said, he booted it up the park and the ball was knocked on to Larsson who scored. If he had made a mistake earlier re a Celtic "goal" it doesn`t excuse his incompetence with the Baldi incident. But it was a cup final and we were Partizan.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 11:31

We were right behind the goal and none of the Pars support around us reacted shouting for handball.

I don`t think any Pars players in the vicinity were claiming either.

Can`t recall the Petrov offside deal - but many, if not most referees would have disallowed Skerla`s goal for the challenge on David Marshall in goal.

The TV commentator`s didn`t recognise it either until it was flagged up by technician`s on replay.

The referee and linesman clearly weren`t the only ones who didn`t see it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 13:00

"We were right behind the goal and none of the Pars support around us reacted shouting for handball."

We were behind the goal and saw it. Me and my mate were still standing shouting for it when Larsson was down the other end scoring......

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 15:32

Stuart Dougal used to work for KPMG over in Glasgow and I used to have to over once a week. I missed getting introduced to him as he was on the phone which is just as well as I hadn't forgiven him either.

Although I never met him quite a few of the folk in the Glasgow office said he was a really good guy (admittedly they were mostly Celtic fans!).
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 17:22

Aye, no need to guess where his loyalties lay. And before anyone jumps on me I`m speaking entirely as a biased DAFC supporter.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish cup draw
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 17:36

Didn`t Stuart Dougal give an interview at a Pars-related event after he retired in which he admitted that he hadn`t seen the handball?

I was behind the goals and I didn`t see it either but then I`m not a qualified referee who was paid to notice these things.😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net