DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cowdenbeath
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 18:04

After losing to Brechin ,and with Brechin 8 points behind Cowden with 3 games left, Donald Findlay has decided sporting integrity has to take place and there should be no play off game.
"It can't be fair that a team is nominated with only playing 3 games."
Interesting how the chairmen of Brechin and Cowden are now interested in sporting integrity.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cowdenbeath
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 19:32

Leagues were decided on a PPG ratio just like spfl done last year. Sfa have sought legal advice and it was signed off. Brechin and now Cowdenbeath acting like this shows how corrupt our football is.
Maybe whoever finishes 2nd bottom in championship refuse to play league one as they have played only 22 games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 22:01

I am a huge fan of the pyramid system but to an extent I do get his point.

PPG for the Highland League was settled based on 3 games which isn't exactly many.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 22:05

Personally I`d rather Kelty Hearts had a place a place in the SPFL than Cowdenbeath. Just based on quality of spectator experience, Brechin is fine to visit as is Kelty, Central Park Cowdenbeath however is a disaster of a venue.
Nothing against the club, if they and Kelty were both in the league maybe they could groundshare?
As it is the Blue Brazil during Covid have increased their average attendance ;-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 22:14

Donald Findlay. Enough said

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 22:23

I`m sure that`s the first football match I ever saw, when I was 5 years old, Cowdenbeath v Brechin City. All these years on and we have the same tie. So much for life progressing. I have gone back there in fairly recent years when the Pars were playing them regularly. I thought the playing surface was dreadful but what more can you expect with their low income. My childhood pal from Cowdenbeath, who has been in Australia for many years supports them from afar with passion difficult to understand. But who can blame Donald Finlay for doing all he can for his team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 28 Apr 23:35

Every chairman is going to go all out for his club. They shouldn't be in that position if they didn't.
He is only trying to protect his team Donald Findlay or no. Personally he is a w**t of a man but deep doon he is fearing for the future of his club.
We have all been there..........
Can mind when we were at the erse end of the league and I know if we were in their positions we would all be right behind them.

However they clubs agreed to this in the resolutions for div 1 and 2 in March. clearly stating promotion upon successful completion in time for promotion / relegation play offs.

"Clubs now have until 23 April to complete 18 fixtures. If this is met by all clubs in each division, the post-split fixtures will then be published. If any clubs are unable to complete their 18 fixtures by 23 April, then the post-split fixture dates for that division will be used to ensure that every club has completed 18 matches by 6 May, in time for participation in the promotion and relegation playoffs."

https://spfl.co.uk/news/resolutions-approved-by-league-1-2
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 09:32

While Brora may have only played three games this season, they won the league comfortably the season before. When matches stopped, they were 17 points clear at the top (albeit having played 3 games more than their nearest challengers). Their pts/game was 2.77, with their nearest challenger only 2.39. Thus for me, they have earned the right to be the Highland League`s representative in the play-offs.

Much as I like Brechin City and would like to see them stay in the league; if the bottom team in League 2 cannot get through the playoffs they should be replaced given we now have a pyramid system.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 09:50

League standings are not based on a handful of games - look at Brechin`s stats, won 2 out of 19, Cowden are only marginally better at 4 /20.

Even a lawyer of Findlay`s ability wouldn`t be able to construct a persuasive arguement to get his club out of jail in this scenario.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 15:24

SPFL confirm play off with Kelty and Brora goes ahead and the playoff v team 42 also goes ahead .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 17:59

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 29 Apr 09:50
Even a lawyer of Findlay`s ability wouldn`t be able to construct a persuasive arguement to get his club out of jail in this scenario.

Don't kid yourself. Have you seen his list of previous clients?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 21:59

Brechin lose tonight so Cowdenbeath cannot be bottom now, Donald Findlay says of course playoffs should take place

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 22:12

The league 2 promotion playoff race is a bit tasty is it no?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 22:22

Edinburgh , Elgin, Stirling Albion,all on 35 points ,Stranraer in 34 points, in the fight for playoff positions

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 29 Apr 22:40

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 29 Apr 21:59

Brechin lose tonight so Cowdenbeath cannot be bottom now, Donald Findlay says of course playoffs should take place

Well, no surprise there. What a man of principle

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net