DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kyle Turner
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Wed 5 May 21:00

If we had him in the team last night I’m sure we would have come away with a win...he’s done it with Airdrie.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kyle Turner
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Wed 5 May 21:05

Quote:

EEP, Wed 5 May 21:00

If we had him in the team last night I’m sure we would have come away with a win...he’s done it with Airdrie.

questionable if he was still here would we have gone for Henderson ?

people need get over the fact he is away no matter what they thought of him, management took best course of action for the club as they saw fit.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 May 21:18

Tbh I would have taken Turner over Henderson.
Henderson is decent but lacks strength.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 5 May 21:20

Water under the bridge now but I don't think it was adequately explained why you'd let one of your best players go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 5 May 21:24

Why do we keep going back to players who aren't here anymore? If's buts and maybes ....we'll never know so what's the point?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Wed 5 May 21:49

Quote:

EEP, Wed 05 May 21:00

He’s scored 1 goal in League 1?? McManus scored around 30 last year and deemed not good enough by some.

As an attacking midfielder he’s ok at best, not in Henderson’s league. The relevant career paths over the next 3-5 years will demonstrate that
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 5 May 21:57

Judging a ball playing midfielder on goals scared against a striker? OK then. One thing we've seriously missed for months is someone to take the ball and run with it in the middle of the park, Turner was that player
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:10

Turner or Henderson is a no brainer. There's a reason Turner is at Airdrie and Henderson is at Celtic...

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:18

He'd had a so-so first season and at times looked like a spoiled child moaning at everything and everyone.
But he seemed to have matured and was putting in some good performances and I was starting to think he was going to be the next one we'd be able to sell-on.
Given that the club have a stated policy of bringing in young players to develop and sell I'm sure that the need for us to get a fee for him (If everything went to plan) would have been explained to him and his agent when he signed. I can't help thinking that he decided he'd get himself a better deal by not signing and stuck up 2 fingers.
Maybe I'm wrong and some other naughtiness went on.
I think he'll sign for a Premier League team in the summer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:23

I think there was more to it than just signing a pre contract with someone else as others have done that and been kept on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:25

Quote:

Andrew283, Wed 5 May 21:57

Judging a ball playing midfielder on goals scared against a striker? OK then. One thing we've seriously missed for months is someone to take the ball and run with it in the middle of the park, Turner was that player

Yeh cause the league is bursting with those types of players......

For all of Kyle's attributes, drinking with the ball running from the middle of the park for me wast one of them

Isn't it amazing how players at all levels are suddenly so much better when they are not in the team
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:26

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 5 May 22:23

I think there was more to it than just signing a pre contract with someone else as others have done that and been kept on.

correct!! we won't really know the real reasons but normally other aspects play a part also.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:26

Quote:

Connor560, Wed 5 May 22:10

Turner or Henderson is a no brainer. There's a reason Turner is at Airdrie and Henderson is at Celtic...

100%
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:30

Turner was a journeyman before being dropped. There was clearly some sort of conflict and he was ditched. Never underestimate the impact one negative person can have on a team. Talented or not, a toxic attitude can bring down everyone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:50

Was certainly not the world beater alot are making out. Had a clutch of good games the start of this season and one or two last season that apart very ordinary.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:52

Really?
After a decent performance and it all to play for?
Get oot.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 May 22:53

A toxic attitude?
He’s just basically scored 2 goals to keep Falkirk down. He’s a great player imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Wed 5 May 23:05

For me he was comfortably our player of the season until he was dropped and Airdrie’s form improved considerably after they signed him - he’s gone now though so good luck to him. In my opinion though we’d have held on to second spot if he’d stayed in the team.

I’ve been really impressed with Henderson as well and suspect it’s right that we probably wouldn’t have brought him in had Turner still been here - I’d love it if we could arrange another loan deal for him for next season.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net