DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The OF Colts
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 5 May 23:45

Look to be heading to the Lowland League for one season only.....sure that’ll change though.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The OF Colts
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 6 May 07:32

Quote:

Berry, Wed 5 May 23:45

Look to be heading to the Lowland League for one season only.....sure that’ll change though.

Agreed Berry, looks like progress by stealth. Sadly, the Bully Boys usually get what they want, using a mixture of bribes and threats.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 6 May 09:22

It's a pretty poor show if they get in , for a league that was shouting for the pyramid leagues to be upheld, and why the playoff v the league 2 team should go ahead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 6 May 10:18

Shocking decision but didn't expect anything else.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 6 May 11:07

Will the junior club's who joined the pyramid trying to get into the lowland league be denied 2 places in the league because of these bigots?

Post Edited (Thu 06 May 11:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 6 May 12:08

It doesn’t stop any promotions, all leagues below lowland were cancelled on a vote and sure declared null and void. Some teams didn’t even start season.
Any teams joining, just like the SPFL will be on a voting system.
If teams in the league vote yes then there is no complaints.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Thu 6 May 12:32

I can`t see the likes of Henderson wanting to play in that league. ?

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 May 12:52

I suspect OF colt teams will be the under 18s with a few exceptions, and they have to follow same rules regards loans and transfer windows as clubs in that league. I would imagine players OF see as playing at higher level will still go out on loan to championship and premiership teams as they do now. It is all about progressing their players for them and the top 6/8 teams lowland league are every bit as good as league two.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 6 May 14:38

Saying as it’s allegedly to develop younger players they should only be allowed to field players who are eligible to play for Scotland.

The whole thing stinks though, we all know it’s just the thin edge of the wedge and the main teams will be out of Scottish football at the earliest opportunity. This is to leave them with a team in the leagues so they can have their cake and eat it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Thu 6 May 15:26

The report mentions "Colt Teams" which used to mean U-20, then changed to U-21, and "B" teams, which are different. The Under-20 league used to allow a number of over-age players. The detail of what is allowed here may be key.

A few years ago I suggested as a rule of thumb that an under-20 team would be competitive at a level about 3 tiers below that of the first team.

So Premiership colts would be competitive at Division 2 level - maybe Celtic and Rangers wouldbe too strong.

This rule should be tested, but suggests that Celtic and Rangers Colts could be too strong for the Lowland League.

If they are (and that remains to be seen) - I`m not sure how it helps player development to be winning every week (good practice for the first team perhaps).

If they are not allowed promotion, does this mean 3rd place gets the chance?

Would Hibs and Hearts be allowed in as well? You`d end up with a glorified reserve league with potentially some team finishing 5th getting promotion. Not sure that is a good thing.

Of course, Stirling Uni already have 2 teams in the pyramid, so if that is permitted for them, why not others?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 6 May 15:31

It's the usual appeasement if two particular clubs. Can guarantee they wouldn't entertain this if the Pars asked.

If they proceed down this road then should all these clubs be merged into professional club colt teams?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Thu 6 May 16:50

Rangers and Celtic are positioning themselves for joining / moving to a new elite Premier League when it inevitably happens leaving behind their B-Teams to play in the SPL

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 6 May 17:14

Should be involved in a stronger reserve league, my son was introduced at that level at 18yrs of age, playing against matured professionals, who would coach the youngsters throughout the game.

My son's team mate played against Eddie Gallagher in a reserve match and he talked to him the full game, telling him where he was moving too, not taking the p*ss out of him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 May 18:10

The way it’s worded it is a one year plan till reconstruction is agreed for 22-23 season.
Won’t affect pyramid system. Rangers and Celtic colts won’t win the league anyway, too many good teams in the lowland league, but they will be top half.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 6 May 21:09

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 6 May 17:14

Should be involved in a stronger reserve league, my son was introduced at that level at 18yrs of age, playing against matured professionals, who would coach the youngsters throughout the game.

My son's team mate played against Eddie Gallagher in a reserve match and he talked to him the full game, telling him where he was moving too, not taking the p*ss out of him.

Why would Eddie Gallagher tell his opponent this. I can understand him talking a team mate through a game, but not helping out the guy he was playing against
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 6 May 21:53

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 6 May 21:09

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 6 May 17:14

Why would Eddie Gallagher tell his opponent this. I can understand him talking a team mate through a game, but not helping out the guy he was playing against

Because that's what he did, top man!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 6 May 22:07

In the early 1970s Hibs and Hearts had Colts teams in the East of Scotland League
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Thu 6 May 22:22

Quote:

DunfyDave, Thu 06 May 16:50

Rangers and Celtic are positioning themselves for joining / moving to a new elite Premier League when it inevitably happens leaving behind their B-Teams to play in the SPL

Not sure how that will look. Unless each Colt team takes a seperate spfl License and registration. As main clubs will surely have to give notice and resignation for spfl.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 23:52

Being reported that lowland league teams have voted to allow Celtic and Rangers colt teams in for next season and for one season only.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Tue 11 May 07:15

Think Hibs And Berwick have had sides in the EOSL at various times. So not unprecedented. Think of fans are allowed in, then the games should just be boycotted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 08:54

Very poor decision , considering all the teams from the leagues below issued a letter against it yesterday .
The leagues below also gave their backing in the fight to get the play off winner to play the bottom SPFL team , now they have been shafted by Lowland league.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 09:04

Plenty of the Clubs in the Lowland league will be excited at the thought of playing ,and welcoming Old Firm lite into town .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 11 May 09:05

Let`s be clear - this only benefits two clubs, in football terms.

My understanding is that the OF have agreed to pay £50K between them to the rest of the LL teams?
It`s fair to assume the LL teams will expect to get more spectators through their turnstiles, when playing one of the OF?

So, as is the case most of the time, money talks and the LL clubs have sold their souls, on the face of it?

I do appreciate, however, that there is very little or no money going around this league and for many of the clubs, the money was too good to turn down, especially those near the bottom, with little or no hope of getting out of the league?

Post Edited (Tue 11 May 09:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 11 May 09:21

I`m surprised clubs are allowed to make financial payments to other clubs for no apparent reason other than as an inducement to take a course of action favourable to the donors.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 11 May 09:35

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 11 May 09:21

I`m surprised clubs are allowed to make financial payments to other clubs for no apparent reason other than as an inducement to take a course of action favourable to the donors.

That's a good point. It's clearly a bribe and sets an ominous precedent - if clubs can buy places in a league structure, what is the point of a pyramid system?
Should a big club find itself in relegation trouble, it could be worth its while offering other clubs money to restructure the leagues - Ann Budge missed a trick there ...

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net