DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New manager
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 8 May 16:49

Crawford needs to be given his P45 after the utterly howling "football" that we've put on display this season. Let's get someone in pronto who actually knows what they're doing. Get rid of Fair & Shields as well. Shambles of a management team.

Let's start battering about some names 👍🏿
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New manager
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:11

Ross Mcarthur will bottle it and keep him in post. The fans must not renew season tickets until we are heard. The German investors need to step up and get involved in the selection of a new manger. We need to get an experienced manager onboard to help us take the next step.
Agree prawn sandwich comment was unfair...redmist set in at the final whistle. Not sure how the club can move forward with Crawford as manager. I trust the powers at be are deciding how we move forward into next season.

Post Edited (Sat 08 May 20:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: morvenpar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:18

“Prawn sandwich brigade” 🤣🤣🤣

If you have a point, just make it. No need for this kind of nonsense, just belittles your point and invalidates it.

Don’t disagree with your point (apart from the season ticket comment) but a comment like this makes it seem like you’ve never set foot in East End.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foghorn Leghorn  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:19

Well now that this seasons over, what is clear is we do need change. A dignified statement from the board thanking the management team for their efforts. After all, we have been in a playoff position for the bulk of the season, which I believe was the target. Still, don’t see us progressing beyond this, so get the broom and set about change.

Wait to see who applies. My preference would be someone with experience (I don’t know) rather than a Petrie or a Young. Clear away the loanees and wait for the lists of released players.

Still not sure what our investors input has been/is/will be but it would be nice to see it at some point.

We are at the level we are at and should have been nowhere near being promoted based on this season.

Roll the sleeves up, recruit well and get excited for a new campaign.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:20

Bannockburn Par wrote:

> Ross Mcarthur will bottle it and keep him in post. The fans
> must not renew season tickets until we are heard. This club
> belongs to us and not the prawn sandwich brigade at East end
> park. The German investors need to step up and get involved in
> the selection of a new manger. We need to get an experienced
> manager onboard to help us take the next step.
>
>

Correct it has to be a seasoned manager this time to settle the ship and iron out any issues in the changing room. I’d be for someone like Petrie in the future but not just now. And definitely not Levein, he’d be a step sideways not forward.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  

Sack the board
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  

"the prawn sandwich brigade"

WTF.

I don`t really know Ross, but I have friends that went to school with him. He used to stand just along from me in the North West Stand. I actually hugged him (a few times) when we`d scored goals, before I ever spoke to him.

I put my life savings into saving the Pars when Ross took over. Admittedly it wasn`t that much money, but it was all that I had.

There is no "prawn sandwich brigade" at DAFC. Just decent people that are fans of the club that want it to succeed as much as (or more than) anyone else. They also want the club to be secure for the future.

It`s fine to be disappointed at the end of a season, but it will need a united support to do better next year and the management of the club are as much part of that support as anyone else.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mars par  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:26

We need a managerial change but having a go at the board/Ross is way off. In spite of abject performances this year I can understand keeping Crawford on til the end of the season.

Hopefully the changes start to come about soon but in the meantime I think some people need to chill a bit

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:26

Good post BlackLight

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:11

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 08 May 17:26

Good post BlackLight

Agree good post Black Light. It is offensive to refer to our hard working directors as Prawn Sandwich brigade.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:13

We`ve had experienced managers like Davie Hay, Jim Jeffries (albeit under tough circumstances) and Jim Leishman all fail in the past.

What we need is a proper interview process if that is the route we go down to find the best fit for the way we want the club to go.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:21

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on club or player
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:37

Quote:

BlackLight, Sat 8 May 17:20

"the prawn sandwich brigade"

WTF.

I don`t really know Ross, but I have friends that went to school with him. He used to stand just along from me in the North West Stand. I actually hugged him (a few times) when we`d scored goals, before I ever spoke to him.

I put my life savings into saving the Pars when Ross took over. Admittedly it wasn`t that much money, but it was all that I had.

There is no "prawn sandwich brigade" at DAFC. Just decent people that are fans of the club that want it to succeed as much as (or more than) anyone else. They also want the club to be secure for the future.

It`s fine to be disappointed at the end of a season, but it will need a united support to do better next year and the management of the club are as much part of that support as anyone else.

This.
Ross is no prawn sandwich guy....far from it.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]

Quote:

The moose, Sat 8 May 18:21

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sat 8 May 18:13

We`ve had experienced managers like Davie Hay, Jim Jeffries (albeit under tough circumstances) and Jim Leishman all fail in the past.

What we need is a proper interview process if that is the route we go down to find the best fit for the way we want the club to go.

McArthur is a coward, as per previous posts if he's not up to being chairman, resign.
I've been a supporter for 50 years and it's time Crawford and Dair go..

Have word with yourself.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  

Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par like | nolike Like: 1 - 2
Date: Sat 8 May 17:11

Ross Mcarthur will bottle it and keep him in post. The fans must not renew season tickets until we are heard. This club belongs to us and not the prawn sandwich brigade at East end park. The German investors need to step up and get involved in the selection of a new manger. We need to get an experienced manager onboard to help us take the next step.

Aye what a great idea. stop the much needed funds we need to use to invest in the playing squad... What a donkey!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Oldfifer  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:42

Rastapari, oldbendo here, am I debating with children ?

Post Edited (Sat 08 May 18:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:59

The moose :Go visit Ross and tell him to his face he is a coward ,This man is a pars man through and through and works very hard for the benifit of DAFC along with many others on the board .
We have to accept we simply have not been good enough
We had good players but for many reasons didnt workout
Hearts were expected to win the league and MY tboughts are Dundee will be too strong for Raith and we will see Raith next season .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:02

Quote:

The moose, Sat 8 May 18:21

Quote:

RossDAFC, Sat 8 May 18:13

McArthur is a coward, as per previous posts if he's not up to being chairman, resign.
I've been a supporter for 50 years and it's time Crawford and Dair go..

dearie me....

Post Edited (Sat 08 May 19:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:03

Ross isn't a coward or a bottler. He'll do what is best for the club considering the whole picture.
As for recruitment I'd be pretty confident that he's done enough of that over the years to understand it and go about it the right way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:05

Ross Brought in the German investors to help the club progress and I’m sure this will happen now. I believe Ross and other board members put money in again to help the club but he has admitted that he has done enough and that’s why the Germans are here.
The whole team(apart from the 2 year deal players) needs sorted.
If Crawford stays with his absolute boredom off football that’s me done.... I’ll gladly watch Kelty next season if they get up tbh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:09

Quote:

EEP, Sat 8 May 19:05

Ross Brought in the German investors to help the club progress and I’m sure this will happen now. I believe Ross and other board members put money in again to help the club but he has admitted that he has done enough and that’s why the Germans are here.
If Crawford stays with his absolute boredom off football that’s me done.... I’ll gladly watch Kelty next season if they get up tbh.

true fan there......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:12

Quote:

Oldfifer, Sat 8 May 18:42

Rastapari, oldbendo here, am I debating with children ?

Oh hey fella, how are you doing?
Good to hear from you:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:20

Quote:

EEP, Sat 08 May 19:05

I'm sure Kelty would be happy to have such a strong supporter in their stand. Bye...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:32

Quote:

EEP, Sat 8 May 19:05

Every cloud and aw that.....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:40

Emotions are a bit high, absolutely understable but there is alot of crap getting spouted. Let's leave this to calm down for a few days, I would be astonished if we didn't have another manager for next season.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:42

"absolutely understable but there is alot of crap getting spouted. Let`s leave this to calm down for a few days"

a few days wont change anything on that front.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:58

I`ve no doubt Ross is hurting like us and can see Crawfords brand of managing hasn`t worked.

I`d like to think that he thinks the club is bigger than one guy, even if he admires and likes that guy.

Surely there is only one outcome !!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:31

I’d go for Neil Lennon .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 21:07

Neil Lennon... maybe but he’s used to buying 1-5 million pound players.... I would like to see a foreign manager with a good back room staff come in tbh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 21:12

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 8 May 20:31

I’d go for Neil Lennon .

With all due respect you're an absolute rocket

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 21:28

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 8 May 21:12

Quote:

I’d go for Neil Lennon .

🤣 Nearly sprayed tea aw ower ma front room!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 21:35

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 8 May 21:12

Quote:

I’d go for Neil Lennon .

Well thats one way to describe Sergio !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:25

What makes you think a foreign manager will work out in the Scottish Championship?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 00:18

Stevie is learning the trade I tbink with the expectations of DAFC he is too early to produce the end product we all expect .
He needs someone like jimmy nicol along side him
In the event he is to.leave and Raith were to stay in this league I would go after there manager
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 9 May 00:25

John McGlynn, eh, naw...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Auld Hooly 2  
Date:   Sun 9 May 00:37

It`s a miracle we got to the play offs ,new ideas,new everything is needed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 9 May 01:54

Quote:

Auld Hooly 2, Sun 9 May 00:37

It`s a miracle we got to the play offs ,new ideas,new everything is needed

Ok so Stevie can perform miracles and here he is getting crucified on dotnet.

I've heard this story before!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 02:16

How about showing the man respect
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 9 May 08:14

Was a great player for us , and an all round decent guy , but that doesn't make him a good manager .
The fitba has been brutal , substitutions at times baffling . As we're some of his pre/post match interviews .
Good luck to him in the future , but no way should it be at eep .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:01

I dread another season under SC. The football has been awful most of the time with bizarre formations and tactics. Good squad of players massively underperforming - I can imagine the frustration of the players is enormous.

With Partick coming up the league will have better teams in it next year. Could also see Airdrie coming up and Hamilton and Ross county joining us.

Can see us at the wrong end of the table next year if things don’t change.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:49

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 8 May 16:49

Crawford needs to be given his P45 after the utterly howling "football" that we've put on display this season. Let's get someone in pronto who actually knows what they're doing. Get rid of Fair & Shields as well. Shambles of a management team.

Let's start battering about some names 👍🏿

I couldn't help noticing that you've been quite quiet since the consecutive defeats to Dundee and Raith last month. You were obviously biding your time to give the management team both barrels. It looks like your post coincides with Ugwu's goal at the end of yesterday's game. Later on, you've also taken pot shots at the Chairman and the BoD. I'm surprised you haven't reiterated your contempt for the match day volunteers, although given we've not been anywhere near EEP for over a year, maybe that would have been a bit brass necked.

The season is finished. No Pars fan will be happy at the disappointing way it's ended, but there's absolutely no need to "get someone else in pronto." What we need now is for those who run our club is to arrange a meeting when the dust has settled and make a decision on the management team. Do they give them another season or should they look to replace them? Whichever decision they arrive at, you can be assured they will be acting in a manner which they believe is in the best interests of the club. I'm confident that a group of people are less likely to get it wrong than an individual.

I will continue to support the Pars next season, irrespective of who the manager is, because that's what I've done for the last 58 years.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 09 May 10:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RoversFan  
Date:   Sun 9 May 15:27

Crawford deserves another season

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 15:48

Quote:

RoversFan, Sun 9 May 15:27

Crawford deserves another season

Trying too hard, mate. Your first post on here could well be your last, once you get gubbed by Dundee next week.

How did Kessel end up with a red card? Did someone upset him?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sun 9 May 16:05

Could there be a case for Crawford staying along with a more experienced number 2 . Someone who`s been there and done it but not wanting all the hassle of first team manager , someone that could help him out during games with tactics and subs etc

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 16:10

Quote:

forever black and white, Sun 9 May 16:05

Could there be a case for Crawford staying along with a more experienced number 2 . Someone who`s been there and done it but not wanting all the hassle of first team manager , someone that could help him out during games with tactics and subs etc

That's a reasonable enough suggestion, but would obviously incur an extra cost, which we may or may not be able to afford. It also undermines the gaffer's position, with regard to the playing squad. Who's the real gaffer?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RoversFan  
Date:   Sun 9 May 16:54

Not sure why this is down as my 1st post? Been a member for years and made dozens of posts.

I’m perfectly aware you all know how gash you are without a gloating RRFC fan to tell you so I will be on my way...

*Think we have a decent chance v Dundee but yeah, think promotion is a step too far

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 17:41

Pah don’t leave on our account RoversFan, your team won fair and square.

Would be interested to know if Rovers didn’t go up this season, is it a full rebuild job or are they in a position where they can keep their nucleus of the squad?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 17:46

Kinda in 2 minds. I would love to see Rovers get promoted now that we are out of it, but I wan't the derbys next year.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 17:50

^^^^^^ exactly what my Rovers Pal said yesterday PARrot

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 17:53

Keep posting RoversFan oor G.G. was bang out of order

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:13

I too accept that Raith Rovers won deservedly yesterday - no complaints at all. I’m a bit unsure though why we now wish them well in the remaining playoff games. Because they’re a local Fife team? It’s exactly because they’re a local team that the rivalry exists in the first place.

I really hope Dundee beat them, and if not Dundee then the Premier League team after that. I want the Rovers in our league next season - games against them make life interesting. They don’t like us one bit - and why should they? By God it’s mutual !!

As for our own team, I too am happy to wait and see what changes, if any, are made. Whether it’s Stevie in charge or someone new, I’ll still be buying my season ticket. Who knows, we might even be allowed back inside East End at some point. Bring it on - COYP

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:19

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 9 May 17:53

Keep posting RoversFan oor G.G. was bang out of order

Hud yer wheesht, min! We don't want any lino lickers on our forum. 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:26

LOL !! G.G.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:27

Forum would be better if we had some mingling from other clubs, why I like Pie & Bovril.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:38

Quote:

Berry, Sun 9 May 18:27

Forum would be better if we had some mingling from other clubs, why I like Pie & Bovril.

I agree, but given we fall out among ourselves, I'm not sure how some of our more aggressive posters would fare with fans of other clubs, particularly Falkirk and Airdrie, as well as Sellick and Therangers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:41

Not a chance Berry..... it would be a straight red on here if anyone dared to contradict admin.
Anyway we need a new manager, we can all go on about Crawford being a legend blah blah but he has not got the experience or motivation to get that team working. Some of his tactics and team formations were a shambles and what really annoyed me as soon as we go 1-0 up it’s defend and try to keep the lead.
There is no chance I’ll even consider a season ticket if the staff are still there.
I would like to see a foreign guy with experience come in with a good backroom staff.
Is Ian Munro still kicking about?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 9 May 19:10

Did we not have a Rovers fan called Sabre a few years ago..

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 20:05

New manager needed IMHO. I actually thought he could have been away after the Starks debacle a few weeks back but on balance that would have been silly.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 21:00

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 9 May 19:10

We did and he was a fairly sound poster.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 9 May 21:06

Quote:

EEP, Sun 9 May 18:41

Not a chance Berry..... it would be a straight red on here if anyone dared to contradict admin.

Yeah you're gonna have to explain that one to me... seeing as there is already a few posters who support other clubs on here already.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 21:59

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 9 May 19:10

Sabre74. A good guy I know fairly well.

I hope they get absolutely destroyed by Dundee

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sun 9 May 22:33

Wish the Rovers well. Can’t see them making it but I hope they do.
I would be happy to see Stevie at the helm next season and think he will be. If he was to go then fair enough, but hopefully he’s learned we need a midfield!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Sun 9 May 22:38

Well
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 22:51

IF the job was up for grabs...

I know he’s an ex Par and totally agree that there should be a thorough application process but I can’t get away from how impressed I’ve been with Stewart Petrie and Montrose, he’s done a superb job.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 10:03

Petrie`s been there for 5 years.
Nobody has taken a chance on him in that time, maybe a good reason for that...
So as far as managers are concerned I wouldn`t want Petrie or Crawford.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 10 May 10:16

I believe Petrie has a good full time job so maybe for him a full time football job is a huge gamble
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Mon 10 May 10:25

Perhaps the risk is worth it for Petrie. If he does well for us and can get us back to where we want to be, a bigger team or a team down south could even take a punt on him. That`s life changing money.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 10 May 11:46

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Mon 10 May 10:25

Perhaps the risk is worth it for Petrie. If he does well for us and can get us back to where we want to be, a bigger team or a team down south could even take a punt on him. That`s life changing money.

Petrie is very successful in the financial industry and earns money way in excess of that any club could realistically offer. He has job security for life and still gets to do the thing he loves. He is the management equivalent of Rory McAlister...never gonna happen.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rosyth Par  
Date:   Mon 10 May 13:29

Neil Lennon if we could afford him would be a good shout. COYP

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 14:37

No chance Lennon would come here let alone not being able to afford him.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 15:39

``No chance Lennon would come here let alone not being able to afford him.``

Correct on both counts, Frank. I wouldn`t want him near EEP, either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 10 May 18:19

I’ve avoided posting on this subject. Previously I’ve considered it disrespectful, particularly since the season was still ongoing. But now that everyone else seems to be putting their penny worth in I wondered whether you thought Derek McInnes might put his hat in the ring IN THE EVENT that SC moves on?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Mon 10 May 18:27

Was thinking about potential managers that could replace stevie if he’s let go. I remembered about Alex Neil that was let go from Preston earlier in the season. Not sure if he would be in our price range or if I he’d be interested.

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 18:35

Ray McKinnon seems available after leaving Queens Park...........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 10 May 18:46

EEP, Sun 9 May 18:41

True - certainly recently anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 10 May 19:13

Maybe we should keep Stevie for the summer so he can do the recruiting which he’s been really good at, and then get a new manager for the start of the season 😊
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 10 May 19:20

Quicker we get action on this the better. I loved Stevie as a player, a proper legend. But we should wish him best of luck in the future and let him go.

New manager, let’s see who is available. Any up and coming young German coaches.....?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 10 May 19:25

Flippant comments about red cards are wide of the mark.

Hardly see thousands of red cards !

Don`t listen to such comments from anonymous people

I can assure you one red card was well deserved, I just can`t understand why people are rude and abusive

You will notice that there are loads of comments, for and against, people just need to be constructive. Majority are

Just because one voice on here says something doesn`t mean everybody has same opinion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 19:35

Did you not shout for a black card for a poster who asked who the next manager should be, just because you didn’t like the timing of the question?

He wasn’t being rude or abusive from what I saw

It defo feels Amin are getting more card happy for those that don’t follow their view on matters - it would be good to remember that echo chambers don’t make good debates or forums
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 19:47

Some of the shouts on here are mental - Alex Neil and Derek McInnes. Whether we like it or not their stock is alot higher than mid table in the Scottish Championship.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:28

Quote:

DBP, Mon 10 May 19:35

Did you not shout for a black card for a poster who asked who the next manager should be, just because you didn’t like the timing of the question?

If you took Brians post seriously then perhaps the Internet isn't for you... Or is he not allowed to have a sense of humour?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:33

Says the one who took my quip on the pet post seriously

(And then falsely accuse me of making a joke I didn’t and red carded me for asking a perfectly valid question that you didn’t like)

Post Edited (Mon 10 May 20:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:40

Quote:

sonofpetrie, Mon 10 May 11:46

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Mon 10 May 10:25

Petrie is very successful in the financial industry and earns money way in excess of that any club could realistically offer. He has job security for life and still gets to do the thing he loves. He is the management equivalent of Rory McAlister...never gonna happen.

Stewart works as an area manager for Bank of Scotland/Lloyds BG.

Factually he’ll earn less than our manager just now but more when you combine both roles, something that can’t happen.

He doesn’t earn anything like what you state...why let the truth get in the way though.

He’d jump at the chance of our job
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:41

I personally want a change however if the BOD are going to keep SC on then come out and say it and dont dither over it. Make a decision one way or another and make it quickly then let’s get on with it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:42

Quote:

PARS207, Mon 10 May 18:35

Sit doon min🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:43

Quote:

1970par, Mon 10 May 20:41

I personally want a change however if the BOD are going to keep SC on then come out and say it and dont dither over it. Make a decision one way or another and make it quickly then let’s get on with it

He’s under contract, why would anybody have to say anything?

Because 30 people who post on here think so....

I’m sure Ross will provide an end of season statement as he has done and may cover it, 2 days after a play off game, give him time
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:47

Quote:

DBP, Mon 10 May 20:33

Says the one who took my quip on the pet post seriously

(And then falsely accuse me of making a joke I didn’t and red carded me for asking a perfectly valid question that you didn’t like)

Oh dear... You still banging on about that?
Let it go min 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 20:54

Sorry you’re right, admin never dish out red cards based on personal opinion/views 🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 21:05

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 10 May 20:42

Quote:

PARS207, Mon 10 May 18:35

Sit doon min🤣

lol can u imagine if that ever happened lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Mon 10 May 21:25

I think it’s a reasonably accepted belief that, today, football managers are rarely given sufficient time in the job to actually build success.

Perhaps a well worn example is that of Alex Ferguson going to Man Utd; by today’s.... ‘expectations’ .... he’d have been out of the job long before he actually won anything.
(I believe he took over in late 1986, and his first trophy was the league cup in 1990 - so, 4 years?).

I agree with a lot of the posts saying how dreadful we’ve played and I too have wondered at the formations, tactics and substitutions SC has come up with.

However, I do not believe for a moment that SC, the BOD nor the chairman seriously want DAFC to remain where we are. Granted, I am frustrated to see Livingston, St.Mirren even Dundee Utd and Hibernian all get promoted while we seem to be treading water in the Championship.

SC clearly hasn’t progressed as far as a lot of fans would like. At the same time we have looked good; but as the play-offs have demonstrated, that doesn’t always get the results.

Up until the Morton game on Dec 12th, we were flying. Don’t know what happened then and thereafter, but that result was a real coupon buster at the time. (Until that game Morton were really struggling and we had been playing really well, although I recall we had to claw our way back into more than a couple of matches - yet, on the day they seemed to just brush us aside. Morton might yet end up in League 1 next season, so their season didn’t really turn around on getting the result against us).

Bottom line, if SC can get us back playing the way we were before Dec 12th and keep it going, we would be serious contenders to win the league.

Personally, I’d give him the chance.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 22:47

Oh come on Crawford maybe a bit of a decent coach but well out of his depth in management terms... why are we puting up with this... plus admin you are brutal on this site compared to many others handing out cards etc... that might have been a great idea 10 years ago but maybe lose a bit of your policy if you don’t agree with posters and see their point of view etc plus you can’t give a card out!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 23:30

Quote:

EEP, Mon 10 May 22:47

Oh come on Crawford maybe a bit of a decent coach but well out of his depth in management terms... why are we puting up with this... plus admin you are brutal on this site compared to many others handing out cards etc... that might have been a great idea 10 years ago but maybe lose a bit of your policy if you don’t agree with posters and see their point of view etc plus you can’t give a card out!!

Can you no just away and ride yersel, seriously?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 23:33

Comparing Crawford to Sir Alex. Seen it all now. Apples and oranges.

Crawford was a failure at East Fife and he is a failure at us now. Hopeless. Had enough time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 07:34

I don't understand why a debate /discussion on a supporters forum abt a managers performance or possible successor is taken down and the poster red carded .
Was it because of the timing , or the content or because some folk reacted in an OTT way ?
Either way , why is it so different from the flak certain players take on a weekly basis eg O'Hara , OFW .
They were both regularly criticised while still in position !?

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Tue 11 May 09:38

The board surely have to act but you would think if we are getting rid of him that it would happen pretty soon. No point in keeping him on as we go into the summer unless shockingly we are about to give him the responsibility and whatever money there is to shape next season’s team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Tue 11 May 10:06

Petrie looks like the best realistic candidate. Very good record at Montrose and if any club could tempt him into full time management it would surely be us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:07

Don,t hold your breath lads, can see it being status quo, and that doesn,t mean Fran Rossi as manager.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:08

Quote:

Vamos Pars, Tue 11 May 10:06

Petrie looks like the best realistic candidate. Very good record at Montrose and if any club could tempt him into full time management it would surely be us.

If the Montrose manager was say Bob Fisher who had no ties to Dunfermline, would he be even mentioned by people who want a change? no he wouldn't so why cause its an ex player does it get legs and arms when people want a change of management??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:19

PARS207 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> Petrie looks like the best realistic candidate. Very good
> record at Montrose and if any club could tempt him into full
> time management it would surely be us.

>
> If the Montrose manager was say Bob Fisher who had no ties to
> Dunfermline, would he be even mentioned by people who want a
> change? no he wouldn't so why cause its an ex player does
> it get legs and arms when people want a change of management??

You’re absolutely right, however personally I feel we really need to possibly push the boat out a wee bit and get a manager who’s been there and done it in the top league, to steady the ship. Maybe someone who’s out of a job and is looking to showcase what he can do before we possibly jump from the frying pan into the fire with another ex player who’s only managed in the lower leagues.

Petrie would be a great shout for us in the future but just not right now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:22

Quote:

gordi-b, Tue 11 May 12:07

Don,t hold your breath lads, can see it being status quo, and that doesn,t mean Fran Rossi as manager.

Whatever you want Gordi

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:29

" Whatever you want Gordi " one thing i don,t want is status quo . had enough of the crap that has been dished up this season.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:48

Courier seems to think he will be staying.....

Courier link
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:52

" " Whatever you want Gordi " one thing i don,t want is status quo . had enough of the crap that has been dished up this season. "

Wooosh.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Tue 11 May 12:52

Courier link

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:03

Let`s hope the Courier is wrong. Personally I think he has been very poor in his time at us, although we did start the season very well the majority of the season we have been awful, which surprises me with the squad we have. My fear is that we could be in a worse position next season with him on charge.

As for Petrie, I think people would tout him for the Pars job, even if he wasn`t a club legend. What he has achieved at Montrose is nothing short of remarkable and if he wants to, he deserves a chance at a bigger club

Post Edited (Tue 11 May 13:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:16

That was a pretty fair, well-informed review of the season by the Courier, much better than the usual cliched stuff that`s churned out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:19

That is a thoroughly depressing read , really hope they are wrong. After serving up some of the most boring, wretched negative football I have ever seen I don`t think I have the stomach to watch any more of his "brand" . Entertaining it is not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:19

Yes, decent article

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:25

That's his interviews from Saturday after the game.

I just think if Crawford remains it would have a similar feel as to when Dave Hay was appointed manager after Jimmy Calderwood just flat and not very exciting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:33

Davie Hay wasn't just flat he was a complete disaster. Crawford isn't close to that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:43

Let`s wait and see who joins on the playing staff to excite the fans as SC continuing as manager certainly doesent in my opinion. Season ticket sales will be vital to the club and keeping him as manager could effect them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:46

I`m sure some people have mis-interpreted the reason for the red card, but hey-ho what does the truth have to do with it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:48

Quote:

brian, Tue 11 May 13:46

I`m sure some people have mis-interpreted the reason for the red card, but hey-ho what does the truth have to do with it

Irony.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Tue 11 May 13:53

Quote:

PARS207, Tue 11 May 12:08

Quote:

If the Montrose manager was say Bob Fisher who had no ties to Dunfermline, would he be even mentioned by people who want a change? no he wouldn't so why cause its an ex player does it get legs and arms when people want a change of management??

Petrie has 5 years experience at Montrose. He’s led them to promotion and is fighting at the top end of league one against teams with far bigger budgets. Of course the Pars connection comes into it but unlike Crawford he actually has something of a track record as a manager.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 14:00

Quote:

Vamos Pars, Tue 11 May 13:53

Quote:

PARS207, Tue 11 May 12:08

Quote:

Petrie has 5 years experience at Montrose. He’s led them to promotion and is fighting at the top end of league one against teams with far bigger budgets. Of course the Pars connection comes into it but unlike Crawford he actually has something of a track record as a manager.

so say it wasn't the pars connection with a manager who's done that, would anyone on here really have taken notice?? I very much doubt it.

imagine the response on here if was a 3rd tier part time manager getting the gig normally if was to be a change at any time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 14:04

Hopefully the German investors will hold face to face and as report said we are currently going through a review. So we should await the outcome of that.

Personally I am pleased with playing staff under contract but we do need a wee bit more injected into player budget. We missed a few players over the season which Stevie could say caused him to make changes to his layouts and subs. (From our point of view I feel sometimes those choices were baffling and subs timing and choices were poor judgement)

Over all i feel we have the foundations of a great attacking force with O'Hara and Wighton.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 14:22

I've reached peak apathy under Crawford, my worry is others feel the same, will I travel to watch...not that turgid stuff, too expensive, will I pay to watch online....hmmm....maybe....maybe not, slithering I guess.
I'm bored.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 14:35

I certainly didn’t misinterpret my red card Brian
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 14:35

a quote from the chairman or one of the investors would go a lot further than "Courier Sport understands" in that piece.

Post Edited (Tue 11 May 15:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Tue 11 May 14:57

Quote:

brian, Tue 11 May 13:46

That's why (unless I missed it), a small explanation comes in handy saying why the thread was deleted.

Surely that makes sense ??
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:04

Quote:

gordi-b, Tue 11 May 12:29

" Whatever you want Gordi " one thing i don,t want is status quo . had enough of the crap that has been dished up this season.

I know mate. Try not let it get you down down.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:12

Sounds as if they are going to stick by him. Good luck selling season books. Be lucky if our average attendance is any more than 2500

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:14

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Tue 11 May 15:12

Sounds as if they are going to stick by him. Good luck selling season books. Be lucky if our average attendance is any more than 2500

get with the times , season books lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:14

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Tue 11 May 15:12

I'll be getting mine as soon as they're available. I support the club and whoever they have playing for us and I cannot wait to get back to EEP.

Enjoy your wee huff

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:18

Topic Originator: Rastapari
Date: Tue 11 May 14:22

I`ve reached peak apathy under Crawford, my worry is others feel the same, will I travel to watch...not that turgid stuff, too expensive, will I pay to watch online....hmmm....maybe....maybe not, slithering I guess.
I`m bored.

Nail on head Rasta. I wont be paying for steams either. Absolutely fed up Crawfords brand.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:26

Decent read in the Courier.

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was more of a planted piece than just “what the author understands”.

If the detail is right, sounds like the board are looking to manage the message a bit and are backing their man. I don’t agree with it, but they are making their stance clear.

Edited to add : just got to get on and support him and the team.

Post Edited (Tue 11 May 15:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:38

correct ross, everyone has favourites etc, but club is bigger than 1 member of coaching set up or 1 player, support them all together not this throw the toys out the pram crap with some folk going on oh they gonna go watch kelty etc next season if no change......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 15:53

Over the last 3/4 years I`ve only been to or picked certain games to watch because i decided I wasn`t wasting money. AJ`s last season and Crawfords tenure have been the most boring and sometimes embarrassing in my 35 yrs of watching the Pars.

I really hope to God that the Courier doesn`t have insider knowledge there regarding Stevie or I think my time going to games will get less and less and more spent on a golf course. As away days goes, the last one was a defeat to Alloa, before that I can`t remember.

Seriously if they keep him on as manager then their knowledge of how football should be played can be written on the back of a stamp.

I`ve never seen such clueless stuff played over the majority of 3 seasons...and our best home grown `talent` is still Lewis McCann in all that time.

Falkirk didn`t muck about, they punted an ex hero, time for the Germans to get fired in, pronto!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:12

We were much much worse under JJ and JP and SK and that's before we get to the pre Leishman years.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:12

Just saw the Falkirk bit and that didn't exactly work out for them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:25

"We were much much worse under JJ and JP and SK and that`s before we get to the pre Leishman years."

Add in Iain Munro, Jocky Scott and Davie Hay. Some real proper dire stuff served up by those 3.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:37

But how many of those guys got 3 seasons ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:39

I cut Hay a smigen of slack in that as he was managing at a level above the ones I did mention although he was terrible and did have a half decent team that JC had left that he nearly took down single handedly.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:39

Quote:

Gaz3822, Tue 11 May 16:37

But how many of those guys got 3 seasons ?

Well none because they really were terrible.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:43

Just saw the Falkirk bit and that didn`t exactly work out for them.

Not yet but the board didn`t hang about with them which was my point

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:46

And they ended up worse than they were which is my point. So not only did they make a mistake in their original appointment they made another one that took then out of the playoffs.

Football fans are for every saying things like "it couldn't be any worse" etc etc and you've picked a prime example as to how it absolutely can get worse.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:53

londonparsfan wrote:

> And they ended up worse than they were which is my point. So
> not only did they make a mistake in their original appointment
> they made another one that took then out of the playoffs.
>
> Football fans are for every saying things like "it
> couldn't be any worse" etc etc and you've picked a
> prime example as to how it absolutely can get worse.

Yes I know it can get worse. But it could have worked out great for them.
I`m sure if you`d asked every Falkirk fan the day after the sackings they`d have said it was the right thing. That`s my point.
Pep probably wouldn`t have got those players into the playoffs, their confidence was gone anyway.

Still time for change

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 16:53

Quote:

rossmcno1, Tue 11 May 15:26

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was more of a planted piece than just “what the author understands”.

If the detail is right, sounds like the board are looking to manage the message a bit and are backing their man. I don’t agree with it, but they are making their stance clear.

Your instincts are almost certainly spot on, Ross. "The Courier understands" is journalist speak when a reliable source has leaked information to that newspaper. The BBC uses the same intro when announcing easing of Covid restrictions the day before they're officially made public.

Many posters on here may not be happy that the management team are set to be confirmed but as I said further up, we can't see the full picture and the BoD and our German investors must have agreed that progress has been satisfactory. I think that making v the play offs and putting in two decent performances against the Rovers, may have swung it. A pure guess, mind you, I've no inside information.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:17

Two decent performances against the rovers and we lost if that's acceptable then we really are falling asleep.

Shouldn't ever be considered acceptable to
lose against the rovers and if you add the 3-0 Cup game, 5-1 defeat and getting beat 8n the play off Crawford has over seen some of the poorest results against raith rovers
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:21

Amazing how someone who has barely attended a game in the last 4 seasons thinks they know what should happen lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:26

If what we have watched this season has been satisfactory then our problems are worse than I thought.

I’m getting to the point where I’m losing interest. We all know what’s coming if we keep plugging away as is. We’ll be having the same conversations this time next season or maybe even mid season. I hope the board can see how hard it has been to watch.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toniopro  
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:35

I`m new to this board but started my EEP pilgrimages back in 1963.
We`ve had one exceptional manager over the years (in the early 60`s) but most have been not much better than average and some a lot worse.

My view of SC is that he has signed decent players so far (The exceptional Nisbet made us some much needed money). OK, I believe as you do that the team he assembled should`ve done better than 4th position in the Championship but it is his team and is a work in progress. Therefore he should be given another year to complete the job i.e. improve the team and take us to the SPL.

The season started better than any of us thought it would even though alarm bells should`ve been ringing when our top scorer was a centre-half, and probably turned on the Ryan Dow injury since he was providing drive in midfield. Hopefully he`ll recover fully for next year.

I believe we have the core of a team to improve on this year`s finish. We have most positions covered. I believe the crucial signing that SC must make over the summer is that of a traditional big centre forward. A target man up front to hold the ball up will allow us move play further up the park. How often did goal kicks this season go to the opposition defence with very little attempt by our forwards to win the ball. Moving the ball quickly to the target man and keeping it in the opponents half will relieve the pressure on the defence and let the team play on the front foot for the whole match, not just for the odd 20 minutes. SC has signed 3 good strikers but they`re not true number 9s. Play any 2 of them alongside a proper centre forward and their goal tally will double.

So as far as the manager is concerned, I`m in the `better the devil you know camp`

Post Edited (Tue 11 May 17:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:36

Some folk seem to be happy to plod along with the status quo . There are others who are saying they won't be buying into it .
Been supporting the Pars over 50 years , and I won't be buying into it .
No season ticket for me if there aren't changes to the coaching staff .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:38

Quote:

Parsweep, Tue 11 May 17:36

Some folk seem to be happy to plod along with the status quo . There are others who are saying they won't be buying into it .

Thats the spirit..... not
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:51

Topic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Tue 11 May 16:53

Quote:

rossmcno1, Tue 11 May 15:26

Your instincts are almost certainly spot on, Ross. "The Courier understands" is journalist speak when a reliable source has leaked information to that newspaper. The BBC uses the same intro when announcing easing of Covid restrictions the day before they`re officially made public.

Many posters on here may not be happy that the management team are set to be confirmed but as I said further up, we can`t see the full picture and the BoD and our German investors must have agreed that progress has been satisfactory. I think that making v the play offs and putting in two decent performances against the Rovers, may have swung it. A pure guess, mind you, I`ve no inside information.

One thing I will add which may well be a logical thought process. Maybe the German investors weren’t willing to risk a change before they make their final investment as it’s not something they can directly influence. Maybe they’re saying “hey - he’s your guy, if it doesn’t work, we empty him when we come on board full term and we save the day” or keep him in place and if he succeeds then they’ve done the right thing. Either way they don’t lose out. Less makes it that they feel things are satisfactory, more that the risk appetite for change at this time isn’t there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:53

Quote:

The Boss, Tue 11 May 17:26

If what we have watched this season has been satisfactory then our problems are worse than I thought.

I’m getting to the point where I’m losing interest. We all know what’s coming if we keep plugging away as is. We’ll be having the same conversations this time next season or maybe even mid season. I hope the board can see how hard it has been to watch.

I made no claims myself, Boss. I did say that if the coaching team are confirmed for next season, it suggests that those running our club feel that enough progress has been made since last season to deem this one satisfactory.

Presumably, if they were of the same opinion as you, they would have been sacked, don't you agree?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 17:57

Originator: PARS207    | 

Amazing how someone who has barely attended a game in the last 4 seasons thinks they know what should happen lol

Seen enough to give an opinion

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Tue 11 May 18:43

Quote:

Gaz3822, Tue 11 May 17:57

Originator: PARS207    | 

Seen enough to give an opinion

I've been to almost all of them and completely agree with Gaz.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:10

Crawford isn't going to metamorphosize into a good manager next season. If this is true, we are merely kicking the can down the road and I reckon we will be in the same position next season. If Hibs sell Nisbet, we could of course buy better players with the cash we get, but you still need good management to make them play.

I reckon if we had fans in the ground this season, he would be gone by now after some truly awful performances. The board need to grow a pair.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:17

Quote:

PARS207, Tue 11 May 17:38

Quote:

Parsweep, Tue 11 May 17:36

Thats the spirit..... not

That's right Pars207 , but don't let that stop you plodding on 👍

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:17

I reckon if we had fans in the ground the performances wouldn't have been so bad

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:20

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 11 May 19:17

I reckon if we had fans in the ground the performances wouldn't have been so bad

And does only apply to us or all the other teams as well?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:24

I believe if the fans had been in the ground watching that Crawford would have been long gone before the season finished.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:30

I have given this a little thought before posting.

If you had offered me 4th place at the start of the season in this tough league - I would have been happy with that and welcomed SC to stay for another season.

If we reversed our season and started poorly but finished strong and in 4th place, I would have been happy with that.

So starting well (as we did) got our passion for the team going and some, like me, started to believe of greater things - I lost sight of my content with a possible 4th spot finish.

I am now happy to calm myself down and remember my pre-season ambitions.

I am happy to give SC another season. His signings have been good, achieved a Play-off spot and did some great business with Nisbet.

He now needs to work on consistency.

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Tue 11 May 19:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:34

Quote:

DunfyDave, Tue 11 May 19:30

I have given this a little thought before posting.

If you had offered me 4th place at the start of the season in this tough league - I would have been happy with that and welcomed SC to stay for another season.

If we reversed our season and started poorly but finished strong and in 4th place, I would have been happy with that.

So starting well (as we did) got our passion for the team going and some, like me, started to believe of greater things - I lost sight of my content with a possible 4th spot finish.

I am now happy to calm myself down and remember my pre-season ambitions.

I am happy to give SC another season. His signings have been good, achieved a Play-off spot and did some great business with Nisbet.

He now needs to work on consistency.

Well said
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 19:45

Good post, Dave.

You're spot on about the psychology of starting strongly and finishing poorly, as we did. Expectations were (falsely) raised when we beat Hearts and hit the top. Had we started poorly and finished strongly to claim a play off place, most of us would probably have been well p,eased.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 11 May 20:02

The piece in The Courier was quite well written and seems like a fair assessment of where we are at the moment.
With Hearts in the league there was no real point in the board flinging money at the squad in the hope of winning the league. We have competed well with a squad made up of kids, with a smattering of experienced players. The basis of a good squad is in place already, if we can get the right players brought in there over the summer, that could be a title winning team.
I think Crawford has done enough to get another crack at it next year, when it might be a bit more of a level playing field. He has been good at identifying and improving young players, and this needs to be the clubs operating model. Identifying potential, developing them and selling them on.
We could chop and change, get another manager on the Scotland merry go round or a German who doesn't know the league (which could work or could set us back years) but I think a bit continuity and slow and steady improvement year on year is what we need at the moment
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 11 May 20:24

Most fans only attend home games regularly. On that basis, I can't see how there would have been carnage in the stands given we barely lost at EEP.

Anyone who doesn't want to support the team if the current coaching team stay in place, is perfectly entitled to take that stance. God help the club if things get really bad though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 20:47

Quote:

CrossPar, Tue 11 May 19:20

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 11 May 19:17

And does only apply to us or all the other teams as well?

Every team except Rangers, if they had 50,000 fans in every week I think they would have lost a few games

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 22:59

It’s a weird one given it was a shorter season, Inverness would’ve beaten us to the playoffs if we were playing a full set of fixtures.

Crawford on that basis may have caught a break, and next season with no Hearts, he better make the most of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 11 May 23:17

People forget that past managers were given longer. However, if do accept a change is potentially needed. Where I think we'll all struggle is agreeing who would be a better option.

The usual names get punted around or the suggestion of a foreign manager as if he'll somehow be an under-rated miracle worker.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 May 23:37

Quote:

Berry, Tue 11 May 22:59

It’s a weird one given it was a shorter season, Inverness would’ve beaten us to the playoffs if we were playing a full set of fixtures.

Crawford on that basis may have caught a break, and next season with no Hearts, he better make the most of it.

3 draws and a pumping at Tynecastle in their 3 last 4 games would suggest otherwise

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 07:11

Perhaps all this speculation is irrelevant now and we can lay it to rest? If the BoD had decided to dispense with Stevie Crawford and his team, there would almost certainly have been an announcement by now.

There will be no shortage of fans who are unhappy about this, but there are others who feel he has made enough progress to deserve another season. Time will tell. I will be back at EEP as soon as we're allowed, to give my full support to the team and the manager - whoever he is. Some fans may decide to withdraw their support, as is their right, but that isn't going to help the club we love.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 08:08

Another year of Crawford as manager leaves me feeling thoroughly depressed!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 09:03

Today's courier reporting that the club back the manager.

They state that, "although opportunities were missed towards the end of the season, initial targets were achieved".

Seems a fair and honest assessment to me and happy with the board's decision.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 09:17

G.G. Nails it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 09:19

Spot on GG

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 10:07

Summer agent nails it

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 10:25

Quote:

Parsweep, Wed 12 May 10:07

Summer agent nails it

You, reckon? There are plenty of things I can think of that are far more depressing than the Pars continuing with the same manager.

The Covid situation in India just for starters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 10:33

I'm afraid it makes me depressed as well but that does not mean it makes it a bigger deal than situations that are happening around the world.

However this is a dafc forum so my only thoughts when looking on this site relate to the pars.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 10:40

I was one of the many shouting for change. It doesn`t look like it`s happening so I`ve moved on. No-one at the club can be satisfied with how last season panned out. Hopefully those in charge have learned lessons & I`ll be looking for visible signs of progress in the first few weeks of next season including improved away performances/results or I`ll be shouting for a change of manager again.

In the meantime lets see who we bring in to add to the quality we already have in the squad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 10:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 12 May 10:40

I was one of the many shouting for change. It doesn`t look like it`s happening so I`ve moved on. No-one at the club can be satisfied with how last season panned out. Hopefully those in charge have learned lessons & I`ll be looking for visible signs of progress in the first few weeks of next season including improved away performances/results or I`ll be shouting for a change of manager again.

In the meantime lets see who we bring in to add to the quality we already have in the squad.

^^^^ Can't argue with that DANo1 - Although not keen on shouting as an effective tactic

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 11:06

I think it would be useful if SC gave an in-depth interview reviewing the season with no holds barred. Maybe fans could submit questions they would like to be answered. I`d like to hear his views on the reason for the mid-season slump and also why our away form was so woeful and how he thinks these issues could be addressed in the coming season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 11:17

As someone who has suffered from depression, I wish all had to worry about was is there gonna be a change in management at the football club I follow!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 12 May 11:24

I too wanted a change, but if the club is going to give Crawford another season to improve I'm not going to throw toys out the pram. I'm sure we'll learn pretty soon what the review of the season is from board and management level and what steps are going to be taken to improve the club on and off the park.

The football has certainly not been great and I hope with some quality additions in the middle of the park we can play a more attractive passing game. It's a huge gamble and recruitment will need to be excellent, or we risk another season of unfulfilled potential. The title has to be the goal next year with hearts out the league, our playoff record is miserable in recent years so it doesn't look like there's another way!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Wed 12 May 11:27

I for one can`t see a change in management.. Especially if goals for the season were met.. Like achieving playoff position. There is many questions to be asked and especially answered about the seasons performances.. The away record.. The mid season slump.. Obviously getting rid of turner arguably one of our best midfielders who was just starting to push on.. After his goal against ict I don`t think he kicked a ball for us. In my view he was the bad element in the dressing room and sc saw it in the best interest to get rid of that element, was it attitude based, or was he offered a new contract and knocked it back.. the so called other teams interested in him, if there were teams interested and deemed as a bad influence int he dressing room why not cash in and let him go, and rather than him going for free.. Will we ever know the real reasons ... But it took us a while to recover and some of the football was horrendous to watch some of it would put you off football for life... Especially that rovers game... My gran and her pals could have done better. If sc stays this pre season of recruitment is big and our standard of football needs to pick up 10 fold... Now if playoffs were our ambition this season surely promotion is next season does he have any more than plan A up his sleave.. Am sure time will tell.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 12 May 11:36

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend Like: 1
Date: Wed 24 Mar 13:50

If he is set a target of making the play-offs and he achieves it, then it may contractually trigger a one year extension?
I would imagine that the following season, his target would be promotion, especially if he is backed to the same extent he has been this year, in the transfer market?
If he fails to meet that target, then of course, his fate would be sealed.

I don`t think anyone should be too surprised? It was always on the cards that he would be kept on, if reaching the play-offs?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 12 May 11:57

That'll be another dreadful football decision by the board and potentially the worst of the lot, when Crawford is getting dogs abuse by the fans in a few months time and we're on the hunt for a new manager by Christmas the blame lies firmly at the boards door. A club legend will get vilified and it's going to be utterly dreadful. I'll still support the pars next season, as I have every season, but make no mistake that's dreadful cowardice from the board.

They learned absolutely nothing, nothing from the AJ situation.

Post Edited (Wed 12 May 11:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 12:42

its a different situation from Johnston at the moment and cowardice from the board by sticking by Crawford if that is the case? not for me, probably the opposite.

its progress if he is getting till Christmas mind you, some have him out the door from preseason or at most the first couple of weeks.

Post Edited (Wed 12 May 12:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Wed 12 May 12:55

I`m looking forward to the season`s review we will no doubt get from Ross in due course. These have always been open and honest and am sure will answer lots of the questions we all have. Won`t of course keep everybody happy but it`ll be frank and we`ll know where we stand.

If Stevie stays then fine, he`s brought some decent players to the club, we`re certainly stronger now in my view than when he first took over. Look at the list of players out of contract and all the loans we have. What chance does a manager have when he has to build a new team every summer?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 13:17

Cowardice? No chance. Bravery/stupidity possibly but the cowards way out would be to sack a manager every time we go on a bad run.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 12 May 13:58

Crawford is not getting punted so might as well get behind him . I’m coming to terms with the fact that finishing 4th in the championship is about the best we can hope for under this board. The squad we have is full of utter dross so in many respects SC has done a fairly good job.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 14:19

Need to remember we let go 17 players in May 2020. We currently have Comrie, Macdonald, Gaspuitis, O`Hara, Wighton, Fon Williams, Watson, Wilson, Allan, Todd, Dow, Thomas, McManus, McCann, *Edwards (*if we take up option of 1 year which I think we will)
Majority of these players have put in some good games and showed why Stevie bought them. Hopefully more to be added and tbh I am waiting in anticipation to see who he brings in. The pairing of O'Hara amd Wighton I am convinced will pay dividends next season provided we get this Midfield and defense sorted.
If not Stevie and the board gonna learn pressure the hard way....direct from the stands.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Wed 12 May 14:37

Crawford won 10 from 27 matches, won one match away from home and that is acceptable to most fans? Let’s not talk about the previous season form. He is extremely lucky to remain as manager IMO. Most clubs would have shown him the exit door on Monday morning.

Let’s hope the arrival of the Germans in the coming weeks can provide the restructuring and support to enable Crawford to improve results.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 14:43

Quote:

LEGEND85, Wed 12 May 10:33

I'm afraid it makes me depressed as well but that does not mean it makes it a bigger deal than situations that are happening around the world.

However this is a dafc forum so my only thoughts when looking on this site relate to the pars.

Yea, I know, mate. It was just an overreaction to the concept of being depressed about a football club's fortunes. I expect summeragent, just meant he's temporarily a bit down, rather than the real thing, which I wouldn't wish on anyone. We all want the Pars to do well, but we need to move on after a disappointment. There's always someone worse off than you. Imagine you were an Alloa fan, a Falkirk fan or even a Celtic fan, this season. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 14:56

Quote:

GJS93, Wed 12 May 12:42

its a different situation from Johnston at the moment and cowardice from the board by sticking by Crawford if that is the case? not for me, probably the opposite.

its progress if he is getting till Christmas mind you, some have him out the door from preseason or at most the first couple of weeks.

Johnston should've been out on his ear after Tannadice, instead we took sneaking into the playoffs and getting knocked out in the first round as a binary view of success, regardless of the fact AJ didn't have a plan b, regardless of the fact he couldn't put a centre midfield together, regardless of the fact his first season in the championship was poor. We finished fourth, in a ten team league, give that man a two year contract.

It's cowardice because they're going to wait until the fans are in the stadium, booing everyweek rather than getting rid now, pro actively trying to give us the best chance of promotion. Does anyone beleive for a second that Crawford gets us promoted? Anyone? At all? Even a little bit? You'd have to be mental to think it, I've not met a fan that thinks it. Why would anyone? What indicators are there for us going up? Fans in the stadium? Any pull the other one, how'd Crawford do with fans in the stadium in the shortened season?

Crawford should've been gone after that debacle at Starks, I've never seen such incompetence in the dugout before, I've never seen a team set up so abysmally in all my time supporting the Pars, it was howling. However with us being near the end of the season I got the logic in waiting until now, and taking our time with a new manager. However for some reason we now beleive we should keep him on?! What has he done since that 5-1 game to make anyone beleive he's turned the corner? His substitutions in that second leg were again, absolutely dreadful.

Just write next season off now, we ain't going up. There is a very real possibility we are worried about the relegation playoffs when he's sacked in a few months though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 15:01

Just to confirm, since that absolute scudding against Raith, we played 8 games and won 2 of them, getting knocked out off Raith again in the playoffs?
Remembering that the Raith game was our fourth lost in a row...

It's beyond my comprehension that we're looking at that and thinking "Aye, he'll somehow pull it out the bag and get us promoted"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 12 May 15:21

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 16:35

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 12 May 10:25

Quote:

Summer agent nails it

You, reckon? There are plenty of things I can think of that are far more depressing than the Pars continuing with the same manager.

GG that's an absurd comparison to make .
Of course there are more worrying and depressing things going on in the world , but we're not discussing them.on a thread that is titled new manager .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 16:44

Quote:

Grant, Wed 12 May 11:57

That'll be another dreadful football decision by the board and potentially the worst of the lot, when Crawford is getting dogs abuse by the fans in a few months time and we're on the hunt for a new manager by Christmas the blame lies firmly at the boards door. A club legend will get vilified and it's going to be utterly dreadful. I'll still support the pars next season, as I have every season, but make no mistake that's dreadful cowardice from the board.

They learned absolutely nothing, nothing from the AJ situation.

Cowardice would be capitulating to fans who are over opinionated about something they have no experience in doing.
Not even all fans agree with you. Plenty say he should stay.

Personally I think he should be replaced. Despite reaching his goal, I don't think he will take us much further. However that's just my opinion. If he stays I will get behind him and hope he proves me wrong.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 17:33

We are just kicking the can further down the line with this one in my opinion. A couple of bad results early doors next season and the pressure will be ramped up again. I hope I am wrong but I can't see us progressing with Crawford at the helm indeed I think we may even go backwards.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 17:55

Interesting using AJ as an example. So we did eventually punt him, but have things realistically improved since? If they haven't, then sacking the manager failed. If they have, then presumably the current manager is a success?

I'm being flippant but we need to realise that changing manager does not necessarily mean success.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 17:58

Quote:

Parsweep, Wed 12 May 16:35

Quote:

Quote:

Summer agent nails it

GG that's an absurd comparison to make .
Of course there are more worrying and depressing things going on in the world , but we're not discussing them.on a thread that is titled new manager .

Yes, it was OTT. I admitted as much further up. It annoys me when folk describe feeling a bit down as depression. It's night and day, so I went for an outrageous comparison to make my point.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 18:16

Quote:

jake89, Wed 12 May 17:55

Interesting using AJ as an example. So we did eventually punt him, but have things realistically improved since? If they haven't, then sacking the manager failed. If they have, then presumably the current manager is a success?

Sacking AJ was about 6 months too late, but the correct decision if our aim is to one day get to the Premier league.

Appointing Crawford as the successor was the mistake.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 18:45

OK GG👍.
Believe me , I know how serious depression can be .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 12 May 19:00

Quite content for Stevie to have another go. Unlike previous seasons, we now have a number of players tied up on 2 or 3 year deals which gives much needed stability and squad harmony which is all important. Clearly we need to strengthen the midfield in the summer and have real winners in there but there is a basis for a good side to build on.
I would like to see us not rely on loan signings next season though.
We have to always remember they are not ours and sometimes you won’t get everything out of them.
Sacking the manager after a top four finish is really not a wise option for a team with our finances.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 12 May 19:08

Agree Adamant, it`s a pretty decent squad, and I just feel top four finish and sacking a manager then starting again would be a bit knee jerk.

Some good games, some keech, with a crowd might be different, if not then yes maybe a change.

Every club in our league had a decent segment of fans who wanted to sack the manager, we are no different.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 19:33

It seems like settling for where we are, maybe out of necessity, granted....but this season has been largely poor, limping along at times.
I personally feel a bit deflated, maybe this will be the year Stevie comes good.

Post Edited (Wed 12 May 21:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 19:40

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 12 May 19:33

It seem like settling for where we are, maybe out of necessity, granted....but this season has been largely poor, limping along at times.
I personally feel a bit deflated, maybe this will be the year Stdvie comes good.

Aye I can understand exactly what you mean. When you look at it though, last season the team were stripped right back. Stevie brought in some decent players and those that deserved contracts have got decent contracts and no 1 year.
I think the board are going for long term looking to grow a solid team with minimal loans. There will always be some loans as our budget dictates.
Based on that assumption I am prepared to give Stevie at least till Christmas unless I end up watching dross that has been served up to us in past 4-5 months
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 19:54

Quote:

Grant, Wed 12 May 18:16

Quote:

Sacking AJ was about 6 months too late, but the correct decision if our aim is to one day get to the Premier league.

That's sort of my point. There's an assumption we'd get someone better.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 19:57

Quote:

jake89, Wed 12 May 19:54

Quote:

Quote:

We could have got someone better if there was an application process last time round.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:09

Quote:

jake89, Wed 12 May 19:54

Quote:

Quote:

I'd have an assumption we'd actually go through an applications process.

The process of appointing Crawford was brutally done, and frankly he's done nothing to back that misguided trust up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:15

So, of the names suggested, how do we know who would do well? I'm seeing the likes of Petrie mentioned but he's untested at this level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:19

Exactly Grant. Advertise the role and assess the applications.

Surprised the Germans are accepting this level of poor performance to be honest.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:24

Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 12 May 20:19

Exactly Grant. Advertise the role and assess the applications.

Surprised the Germans are accepting this level of poor performance to be honest.

The Germans aren’t our owners as it currently stands.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:37

I wonder how many managerial appointments are made from a selection of applications made? Don`t most clubs identify a target and go for him or, at best. draw up a short leet of possibles?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:37

weird how people think if crowds were in at eep then Crawford would been hounded out by now, by having a good home record u gonna boo and shout abuse as they go off the park after winning 3 points???

the crowds being in can work for and against so its difficult to say course it would been really bad atmosphere if fans were in the home stands, it could very easily work for the team on the park and motivate them as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:41

correct AAPS and it needs sorted out asap.

"We could have got someone better if there was an application process last time round"

we could have got someone that interviewed brilliantly but was worse than Crawford, again goes back to "There`s an assumption we`d get someone better".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:49

If I have read the last report on us from the Courier Correctly it states Stevie Crawford will be Dunfermline manager 21/22 !

Stevie Crawford and the 2021/22 targets
Stevie Crawford will remain Dunfermline’s head coach next season. However, that should not be perceived as indicative of ambivalence or inaction.

Courier Sport has learned that the Fife club are in the process of undertaking a strategic review of their operation — both in terms of infrastructure and personnel — with a view to making several changes over the summer months.

A need for improvement has been recognised, but Crawford still has the faith of those within the boardroom at East End Park.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:49

Quite happy to give stevie, another season. Hopefully, he has learned ,from his mistakes, remember, he is still learning.

Post Edited (Wed 12 May 21:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 12 May 20:50

If we are keeping Crawford then we’ll just have to get on with it. I think this is the wrong decision but like others above I’ll be giving them my full backing. The problem is the pressure will start to mount very quickly if we don’t improve.

Another point that frustrates me is when people say “we’re building a team under Crawford for the future etc”. You really don’t get time to build a team when you’re a smaller club like ours. We aren’t going to get time. If we have a couple of good players they’ll be away and we’ll be back to square one. We need to hit the ground running.

Livi didn’t need time. They were relegated to league 1 and then instantly promoted two divisions.

I think St Mirren were similar. If my memory is correct they only spent two seasons in the championship after being relegated from the premier league.

Teams like ours will never get time to build teams over years to gain promotion. We need to get players in and get them to gel from the off. This is maybe where we need to get a manager in who can get us there.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 21:16

Wouldn't trust anything in Courier.

In terms of a shortlist for the role (assuming it became vacant), who would in it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 21:22

Quote:

Quote:

Summer agent nails it

I agree - that’s marginally more depressing 😱😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 21:24

Quote:

jake89, Wed 12 May 20:15

So, of the names suggested, how do we know who would do well? I'm seeing the likes of Petrie mentioned but he's untested at this level.

Crawford had failed as East Fife manager...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 21:41

Did he fail? I'd say he kept things exactly as they've always been - middle of the road, middle of the table. Not sure they improved much under the likes of John Robertson who had/has a lot more experience
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 21:45

Quote:

Polt, Wed 12 May 19:40

Quote:

It seem like settling for where we are, maybe out of necessity, granted....but this season has been largely poor, limping along at times.
I personally feel a bit deflated, maybe this will be the year Stdvie comes good.

Aye I can understand exactly what you mean. When you look at it though, last season the team were stripped right back. Stevie brought in some decent players and those that deserved contracts have got decent contracts and no 1 year.
I think the board are going for long term looking to grow a solid team with minimal loans. There will always be some loans as our budget dictates.
Based on that assumption I am prepared to give Stevie at least till Christmas unless I end up watching dross that has been served up to us in past 4-5 months

Aye, it's not that I don't want to see him there, it's an odd one, I guess I'm craving some excitement maybe...dunno...we'll see..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 21:45

When folk bring up Crawford`s time at East Fife you`ve got to wonder if they have it in for him. That was over 10 years ago and his first shot at management whilst still playing. Since then he`s gained a lot of experience as a coach and assistant manager, some at a higher level than we`re playing at. I wonder how people would feel if their application for a job was dismissed based on their performance 10 years ago when they were learning their trade?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 21:55

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 12 May 21:45

Quote:

Polt, Wed 12 May 19:40

Quote:

Aye, it's not that I don't want to see him there, it's an odd one, I guess I'm craving some excitement maybe...dunno...we'll see..

Pretty sure every fan on here is in agreement. With you there!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 22:51

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 12 May 21:45

When folk bring up Crawford`s time at East Fife you`ve got to wonder if they have it in for him. That was over 10 years ago and his first shot at management whilst still playing. Since then he`s gained a lot of experience as a coach and assistant manager, some at a higher level than we`re playing at. I wonder how people would feel if their application for a job was dismissed based on their performance 10 years ago when they were learning their trade?

That's an excellent point Eck

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 May 23:33

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 12 May 20:37

I wonder how many managerial appointments are made from a selection of applications made? Don`t most clubs identify a target and go for him or, at best. draw up a short leet of possibles?

Or give the job to someone already on the books because they used all the money to sack the previous lot.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 00:16

Quote:

But folk on here are claiming that Crawford is still learning and should get more time. He must be a slow learner if he has been at it for 10 years already.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 08:17

Or you could look at the slow improvement in the league position?

I also think it's been the weirdest of seasons behind closed doors. Our board were always likely to give the management another year - providing this one wasn't a catastrophe - given the challenges of the situation and the soulless stadiums.

I think a few clubs have taken that view. For instance, McPake at Dundee might well have been punted in the autumn under normal circumstances. Instead, they kept him on and gave him Jason Cummings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 09:32

`But folk on here are claiming that Crawford is still learning and should get more time. He must be a slow learner if he has been at it for 10 years already.`

Isn`t everybody still learning - apart from the know-alls?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 09:35

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 13 May 09:32

`But folk on here are claiming that Crawford is still learning and should get more time. He must be a slow learner if he has been at it for 10 years already.`

Isn`t everybody still learning - apart from the know-alls?

^^^ Well said Wee Eck

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 12:56

I suppose after 10 years of being in/ learning a job, plus many years prior to that in the industry... you’ll probably have an idea of where you are and have found your level?

Pep will still be learning but he’s found his level.

The question many people are asking is simply, is SC’s level one of getting a club like ours to the prem (and staying there) or is that realistically above where he will likely achieve?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 13:26

Well Dom Thomas has stated on the official website what his expectations are for next season winning the league or at least a strong 2nd position.

When Bert Paton was in charge we finished 2nd on three occasions but challenged all during the season I can live with that plus some decent football.

Eventually we won the league.

During that period dunfermline were a strong championship team and capable of beating anyone.

Whoever is in charge they need to be aiming as high as possible and do it with passion and sound like it's something we can achieve.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 May 19:35

Quote:

I don't have it in for him, just pointing out the hypocrisy of not fancying Petrie because he's untested at this level, despite doing very, very well at the levels below.

Meanwhile we appointed a coach who's only previous managerial experience was very underwhelming and has done absolutely nothing to suggest he deserves more time.

Does anyone who's saying they understand Crawford being kept on, beleive he can get us promoted?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:11

Been reflecting on this more and it’s pretty clear cut really, Crawford met his brief which was get in the playoffs, so should get a crack at next season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 14:55

What kind of brief sets 4th place as a target, with a then slim chance if progressing through another 6 games? A pretty unambitious brief if you ask me. Hearts were no world beaters as even their own fans will admit. And there was not a lot between the the rest. Promotion has to be the target and that means trying to win the league. Otherwise, we will never get out of this league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 14:56

That’s not Crawfords fault though, you could sense the relief when he made the playoffs, as if he’s mentally ticked that box which secured his next season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 15:13

‘Does anyone who's saying they understand Crawford being kept on, beleive he can get us promoted?’

I’d say it’s possible, he took us on a very impressive run at the start of the season and throughout that period he was tactically astute. We were around 2nd place for the large majority of the season.

He’s shown he can identify and bring in a high quality of player.

Went on a poor run but he’ll learn from that and do things differently next time he faces into adversity.

We can’t just keep throwing managers to the kerb when we don’t achieve instant promotion, he needs time.

When we hired him, we knew he lacked the managerial experience so to get rid of him because of that isn’t fair, there must’ve been an acceptance that he’ll need time and I think he’ll get it.

Did I want him to get the job, no, if we wanted to make something of ourselves this season we should’ve made a change after that pumping from Raith but we haven’t, fresh slate next season, good experience for him and a more positive outlook into next season would be good with no Hearts and Hamilton Accies coming down.

Dundee staying down would be the preference if it meant Cummings, Adam etc left, but wouldn’t be shaking in my boots over Killie.

Those not renewing their season ticket purely because of Crawford is just harsh and counterproductive but each to their own, I’ll be getting a ST and hoping for a title challenge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 15:16

Quote:

CrossPar, Sun 16 May 14:55

What kind of brief sets 4th place as a target, with a then slim chance if progressing through another 6 games? A pretty unambitious brief if you ask me. Hearts were no world beaters as even their own fans will admit. And there was not a lot between the the rest. Promotion has to be the target and that means trying to win the league. Otherwise, we will never get out of this league.

I think they will have promotion as the target. The more I thought about it Crawford basically had to set up from scratch again with 17 being released last season. Coming into the next season he has at least a core element of a team signed and can add to that. We rely too much on loans which is useless in the long term thinking. As said before give him until Christmas to at least show if there is going to be a different approach and consistent positive games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 16 May 15:22

My thoughts as well, Crosspar.
You enter a race to win.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 15:44

Quote:

CrossPar, Sun 16 May 14:55

While winning the league is always the hope, I don't think it would have been fair to set SC the target of winning the league last season with Hearts investing heavily in their squad. It was pointless us spending too much when the chances of going up were slim. Hopefully they will give him a bit more of a budget for next season. I think this squad is a couple of experienced leaders away from being a good team
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 15:50

Quote:

buffy, Sun 16 May 15:22

My thoughts as well, Crosspar.
You enter a race to win.

so season we don't win the league or get promotion its a failure and the manager should be punted??
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 16:35

Quote:

Berry, Sun 16 May 15:13

Went on a poor run but he’ll learn from that and do things differently next time he faces into adversity.

We've had these poor runs throughout Crawfords tenure.

To set a target of fourth is absolutely pathetic with the resources we have relative to the league, the minimum target should have been semi final of the playoffs, and even then that would be dependent on how we'd played, and how the semi final panned out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 16:40

Quote:

Grant, Sun 16 May 16:35

Quote:

To set a target of fourth is absolutely pathetic with the resources we have relative to the league, the minimum target should have been semi final of the playoffs, and even then that would be dependent on how we'd played, and how the semi final panned out.

Every manager and club at the lower levels of the game gave poor runs.

The resources we have?? Based on what exactly ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 17:57

Quote:

PARS207, Sun 16 May 16:40

Quote:

Quote:

Every manager and club at the lower levels of the game gave poor runs.

The resources we have?? Based on what exactly ?

We have one of the largest fan base, aswell as the centenary lifeline putting in cash.

With Dundee having an owner who's happy to write of losses themselves and Hearts will have a budget that exceeds ours, after that? It'll be us and then a sizeable gap to the next team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 18:18

Grant wrote:

>
Quote:

PARS207, Sun 16 May 16:40
>
>
Quote:

>
>
Quote:

> .
>
> Went on a poor run but he’ll learn from that and do things
> differently next time he faces into adversity.
>
>

>
> We've had these poor runs throughout Crawfords tenure.
>
>
> To set a target of fourth is absolutely pathetic with the
> resources we have relative to the league, the minimum target
> should have been semi final of the playoffs, and even then that
> would be dependent on how we'd played, and how the semi
> final panned out.

>
>
>
> Every manager and club at the lower levels of the game gave
> poor runs.
>
> The resources we have?? Based on what exactly ?

>
>
> We have one of the largest fan base, aswell as the centenary
> lifeline putting in cash.
>
> With Dundee having an owner who's happy to write of losses
> themselves and Hearts will have a budget that exceeds ours,
> after that? It'll be us and then a sizeable gap to the next
> team.

Mmmm unless a team actually does well because they have a manager who knows what he`s doing regardless of budgets, a bit like the Rovers did this year...it is a possibility you know, as amazing as that sounds.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 18:20

What worries me is not that we failed to gain promotion. It is the manner of so many of the performances, the baffling team selections, playing players out of position, the poor tactics, the weird substitutions, etc. I could happily accept other teams getting promoted before us if we had given it our best shot within our capabilities. We were miles away from that and I believe, if we stick with Crawford, next season will be the action replay. I am afraid that Stevie just doesn't have the qualities needed to be a successful manager, I don't think he can produce a team consistent enough to get us promoted from this league. Nice guys seldom make good managers, a toughness and edge is normally required.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 18:27

Greg Shields has an edge about him. They might or might not get the job done but I don't think the personality traits of the management team will be a factor if they don't.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 19:06

So are we just completely writing off how well he did at the start of the season. The long unbeaten run?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 19:16

I'm not Berry. I'm actually quite excited to see who they bring in especially for midfield. Really want to see Wighton and O'Hara form a similar partnership that Crawford and Brewster had.
If they get the service then it's going to be a good season. Couple of Raith players stood out with pin point passes upfield in last nights game.
Until the signings come in and season starts I will remain positive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 20:05

I'm not confident on the terminology used here.

I am pretty sure that SC aimed for "at-least" a play-off position for the season.

I don't think he outright stipulated 4th place.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 20:48

Rovers going completely full time next season , so not sure how keen any of their players would be on beating a path to our door .
Unless they see our "brand" of fitba more attractive than McGlynn's !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 20:54

Quote:

Parsweep, Sun 16 May 20:48

Rovers going completely full time next season , so not sure how keen any of their players would be on beating a path to our door .

McGlynns style of football that he admits they can only play at home
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 20:55

With Hearts in the League surely it was perfectly reasonable to target the play-offs and that didn`t mean they weren`t hoping to get promoted.

I`ve a feeling Crawford won`t be starting with a clean slate next season as far as some fans are concerned. The knives are being sharpened already.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 21:10

Quote:

PARS207, Sun 16 May 20:54

Quote:

Did you watch the 2nd leg ? Rovers dominated the game !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 23:01

Quote:

Parsweep, Sun 16 May 21:10

Quote:

Quote:

yes cause they had to try go for it after being pumped in the 1st leg. where Dundee took the chances they had.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 06:08

Quote:

PARS207, Sun 16 May 23:01

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yes cause they had to try go for it after being pumped in the 1st leg. where Dundee took the chances they had.

Care to explain 6 league wins away from Starks Park.
How many did we win away from EEP?
Face it , as much as it hurts.
They are a better footballing side than we are just now .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 17 May 07:11

Bizarre that some folk don`t understand the frustration others feel with Crawford. One away win all season is relegation form, not the sort of thing you see from a team seemingly going for promotion. Folk saying that Crawford will learn from the bad run? When the run was so long he showed that he didn`t have an idea how to turn it around. The bizarre way he set the team up, playing Mayo in midfield, the swapado with Turner and Macdonald was fine in isolation but claiming it was to do with the squad balance then bringing in another midfielder. Praising Wilson and McInroy but never playing them. Not playing O`Hara for long spells then when he did play he was one of our better players. Bringing in Wighton who was our main goal threat when he first joined then played him out of position on the wing. Not laying a glove on Raith in two of the three away games. Strange substitutes, especially when we are behind in the game. Sitting in and inviting pressure when we go a goal up. The football this season has been abysmal other than the games we won v Hearts and Raith at home.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 09:06

Quote:

Parsweep, Mon 17 May 06:08

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

don't have the explain anything, McGlynn said it himself!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 09:56

Quote:

PARS207, Mon 17 May 09:06

Quote:

Parsweep, Mon 17 May 06:08

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

don't have the explain anything, McGlynn said it himself!!

That'll be that then 👍

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 11:43

Spot on kelty par, short memories some of our supporters.

Got 4th spot with a game to spare, and in the next 3, really important games, we lost 2 and not a goal scored. Murder !!
We should have played a full team against Alloa and try for goals to put us on a high for the Rovers games.
I didn`t agree with the dropping players for Alloa way of thinking.
Yes they could have been injured but hey-ho that`s the way it goes.

Once Rovers scored their first we were beat, mentally and physically. I`d love Crawford to explain why that happened.

We are meant to be the `big team` so show it. Show some fight and battling qualities, but na, we rolled over and let them tickle our bellies as far as I`m concerned, and that`s what galls me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 12:25

Fans have selective memories when it comes to reviewing a season. The fact is Crawford did end the poor run and we went 5 games undefeated to reach the play-offs after the debacle at Starks Park when his critics were saying the season was over.

When it came to the play-offs most neutral observers seemed to think we were the better team but didn`t take our chances. That suggests the formation and tactics were fine but the players didn`t execute at vital moments. Just because certain fans don`t agree with team selections or substitutions doesn`t mean he got things wrong. We can all choose teams and tactics safe in the knowledge that they won`t be tested on the field.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 12:26

it isnt spot on when you can argue against every point kelty par makes and yours also.

"I`ve a feeling Crawford won`t be starting with a clean slate next season as far as some fans are concerned. The knives are being sharpened already"

its been the same for the last two seasons so they arent going to change now, it will only get worse.

going back a week now to the Courier story, have the club gone silent until this "review" is completed?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 12:32

I think we ended the regular season relatively well - after it looked like the game was up after the Starks Park debacle. The Alloa game was a write-off and rightly so.

Also thought the Pars were the better side for the first game and a half in the playoffs, but also thought the tie was dead once the Rovers scored - and it never once seemed like I was going to be pleasantly surprised.

The whole season was alright, but only that. Problem seems to be that of you're not apoplectic about SC/GS/JD remaining in a job, those who are think you're partying about making the playoffs.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 12:36

It's amazing how quiet the club have been since the end of the season.

Nothing about season tickets.

Nothing about players leaving the club.

Also even observing social media I've not seen one dunfermline player thank the fans for there support this season or players on loan at dunfermline saying e
anything about the club.

Seen plenty of players from other clubs doing that sort of thing.

Surely it can't be that bad playing for the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 12:57

"We should have played a full team against Alloa and try for goals to put us on a high for the Rovers games.
I didn`t agree with the dropping players for Alloa way of thinking.
Yes they could have been injured but hey-ho that`s the way it goes."

I kinda agree with the first sentence & I said as much to my cousin the night before the Alloa game & there`s a lot to be said for momentum & form in football. However I`m not the manager & ultimately he`s held responsible if the players he selects to play, in what was effectively a bounce game, get injured & miss the 2 most important games of the season.

Imagine Wighton played & got injured - I`m fairly certain if Stevie said afterwards "hey-ho that`s the way it goes" he`d get an absolute tanking from the .net massive & more importantly the BOD.

Post Edited (Mon 17 May 12:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 13:34

Well It didn`t matter anyway da, with a full team we couldn`t score in any of the Rovers games anyway...whether unlucky or not we still couldn`t.

In 2.5 / 3 seasons Stevie has shown us his lot I think.
He`s not going to suddenly produce a magic formula next year that wins the league or that even beats Arbroath home and away...probably

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 14:24

So is beating Arbroath home and away the new criterion? Let`s pray for placid weather at Gayfield and we`ll be fine.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 15:55

It was a bit of a jokey crack eck, but we should really be beating part time teams, certainly if we`re going down the playing budget argument again...and not letting the wind beat us before we even start the game 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 16:12

Quote:

LEGEND85, Mon 17 May 12:36

It's amazing how quiet the club have been since the end of the season.

Nothing about season tickets.

Nothing about players leaving the club.

Also even observing social media I've not seen one dunfermline player thank the fans for there support this season or players on loan at dunfermline saying e
anything about the club.

Seen plenty of players from other clubs doing that sort of thing.

Surely it can't be that bad playing for the pars

Lol. If I was a Pars player I wouldn't be thanking the fans for this season. Most on here have been absolute cnuts.

Yeah I know your entitled blah blah......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 16:22

OFW - thanks to the fans who've slaughtered me all season saying I'm to blame for every goal we concede

Ewan Murray - thanks to the fans who thought I was great at the start of the season when I scored loads of goals but then changed their minds when they heard a rumour I was going to Aberdeen and I instantly became crap.

Whittaker- thanks to the fans who said I'm too slow and done

Kyle Turner- thanks to the fans who thought I was bang average until I went to Airdrie

McManus- thanks to the fans especially Berkey who slagged me off the minute I signed and especially at HT at Starks then I equalised

O'Hara - thanks to our loyal fans who said I was p*sh from day one and questioned my contract length but now think I'm actually not that bad

Aye thanks to our fans right enough

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 16:44

That made me chuckle, da no 1.

It`s hardly been mentioned on the Forum how unfortunate we were to lose Ryan Dow with about half the League games still to play. He would have been an asset during the run-in and the play-offs. It was also a pity Ian Wilson wasn`t available at the business-end of the season. Although inconsistent he was always looking to make passes and would have been a good option to have in midfield.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:15

Have to say I couldn’t have put it better da_no_1
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:31

ah see the old part time team issue brought up again.....

the teams that pay just as much as some full time teams do, and train for only a couple hours less than "full time" team does !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:34

An alterative view might involve the players and coaching staff thanking all of fans who stuck by the team throughout the season despite many woeful "performances".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:42

very good point on ryan dow there wee eck, he had just moved into a number 10 position and was a big loss, they way we had set up with 1 up front, dont think anyone else bar Dowser looked comfy in that 10 position, wouldnt be surprised to see him there when he back fit hopefully in time for the new season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:44

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 18:09

Quote:

Sliema Par, Mon 17 May 17:44

We lost Ryan Dow 15 weeks ago so I trust he continues to make good progress .

Iain Wilson is a skilful talented player and I remain bewildered that he did not appear when SC said the squad was all available.

Wee Eck makes a pertinent point as ever.

The loss of these two was very significant.The area of the team with the greatest weakness was in midfield and that needs to be addressed.

I too wondered why Wilson disappeared from the squad at a time when we were struggling for midfielders and playing strikers and defenders in there. Does anyone know the reason or is another mystery in the Turner mould?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 18:20

CrossPar, Wilson had an injury that had been ongoing for some time, he was back training in the last few weeks of the season but obviously would been some way short of being match fit.

As for the defenders in midfield, nothing was said about that when we beat the Rovers and Lewis Mayo played in there! Number of clubs have gone to playing a "natural centre half" in the middle of the park, QOS changed to that and was the catalyst of them going on the run to get them near the playoffs until 2 weeks before season finished. Dundee have McGhee in there this now and he is a centre half, working out well for them you would say !

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 18:52

Quote:

PARS207, Mon 17 May 18:20

CrossPar, Wilson had an injury that had been ongoing for some time, he was back training in the last few weeks of the season but obviously would been some way short of being match fit.

As for the defenders in midfield, nothing was said about that when we beat the Rovers and Lewis Mayo played in there! Number of clubs have gone to playing a "natural centre half" in the middle of the park, QOS changed to that and was the catalyst of them going on the run to get them near the playoffs until 2 weeks before season finished. Dundee have McGhee in there this now and he is a centre half, working out well for them you would say !

Thanks for the explanation PARS207, didn't know Wilson had an injury as Craw kept saying everyone was available except Dow and Martin. Still think though that, in general, centre halves do not have sufficient creative skills to be effective in a midfield role, unless they are being limited to a holding role.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 17 May 19:12

Probably a little off topic, but Kyle Turner has spoken to the Courier about the situation with us:

“I was disappointed with the way things ended [at Dunfermline] because, as far as I was concerned, that’s not the way I wanted them to end,” said Turner. “But it was out-with my control."

“I gave everything I had for Dunfermline Athletic — whether in training or out on the pitch — until the moment I went out to Airdrie. But it just wasn’t to be."

“After a certain period, I wasn’t playing games at Dunfermline and that’s not what any player wants. I just wanted to get out and play games.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 20:06

One of the seasons I have least enjoyed in terms of football. I have no confidence in SC and it depresses me to think of him in charge for another year. The terrible tactics and pathetic away form. I yearn for the competitive matches again, good cup performances and consistent team performances.

Tbh I think we will be at the wrong end of the table next year if he is in charge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 20:44

Daniel Stendell is joining French Club Nancy as manager so rules out any notion that he could come here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 21:30

Quote:

CrossPar, Mon 17 May 20:44

Daniel Stendell is joining French Club Nancy as manager so rules out any notion that he could come here.

Any notion he could come here....Jesus, this place gets even worse!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 21:39

Quote:

OldInnPar, Mon 17 May 21:30

Quote:

Any notion he could come here....Jesus, this place gets even worse!

Don't be silly.

It couldn't get worse.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Mon 17 May 21:50

Parrot you were loving Crawford 10 days ago and were very vocal about him pulling off miracles! Looks like you have some egg on your chin or owe me an apology either way I`m happy so take your pick.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 21:52

Looks like we are stuck with Crawford so the usual... we will start the season great and look unbeatable.... then the usual tactics/formation and he doesn’t have a clue will take shape... that’s why east fife got rid of him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 17 May 22:02

Quote:

EEP, Mon 17 May 21:52

Looks like we are stuck with Crawford so the usual... we will start the season great and look unbeatable.... then the usual tactics/formation and he doesn’t have a clue will take shape... that’s why east fife got rid of him.

Ten years ago yeah?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 22:16

Quote:

Just another Nancy boy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 22:49

Just another happy junkie.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 03:22

Quote:

incognito, Mon 17 May 21:50

Parrot you were loving Crawford 10 days ago and were very vocal about him pulling off miracles! Looks like you have some egg on your chin or owe me an apology either way I`m happy so take your pick.

I was'nt, I wasn't, I don't and I don't. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 18 May 08:58

Yeah but if we keep crawford we can save money by not having to bother with any midfielders in the squad. Result....

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 09:14

Dunce no 1 didn’t we have a wee bet going about how many goals mcmisses would score this season? He got 2 whole assists for all that running about.

How many did he score from open play? He scored 9 in total and was on all the pens so I count about 4 maybe 5.

At least wighton chipped in with a few to keep us in the playoffs....

If we’re do get out of this league or even compete at the top we need players who can play at the next level up, we have too many average championship joes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 09:25

I must be missing something - a goal from a set piece is now worth less than a goal from open play. Also, you clearly can`t contribute anything to the team other than goals.

You really are a tiresome individual & you`re banter is absolutely sh1te. However, you did provide me with my funniest moment of the season when you had a wee lassie rant about McManus during the Raith away game mentioning me as well - then he scored a superb equaliser & you disappeared off the face of the earth for about a fortnight! Classic Berkey!

Have a nice summer - we`ll start the season really well & you`ll have nothing to say then we`ll lose a game & you`ll appear like a bad smell. I have to say the close season is exciting if only to find out who your next scapegoat will be.

Post Edited (Tue 18 May 09:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:02

Crawford has resigned

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:04

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 18 May 10:02

Crawford has resigned

^^^ ☹️ Sad day

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:07

Quote:

DunfyDave, Tue 18 May 10:04

Quote:

Crawford has resigned

^^^ ☹️ Sad day

It’s really not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:12

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Tue 18 May 10:07

Quote:

DunfyDave, Tue 18 May 10:04

Quote:

Crawford has resigned

^^^ ☹️ Sad day

It’s really not.

Pretty poor post ,the guy has taken this step probably to stop him and his family taking abuse, when a bump in the road occurs next season , I would imagine he will still be regarded as a modern day hero for his playing days ,

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 16:14

c`mon dunce number 1 don`t be like that! You must love it really as you follow me around threads with your nostrils primed.

I certainly hope we get off to a good start as that`s what`s saved us these last few years!

Its a hard life when a player who is not good enough can escape criticism by being labelled a scape goat. Your level might be the 11 year olds where you can happy clap regardless till your hearts content.

I`m more positive about next season as the new man will hopefully bring in his own players and we`ll try some tactics for a change.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 19:29

4 paragraphs. Personal abuse, negativity, snidey unoriginal comment, negativity towards outgoing manager

Post Edited (Tue 18 May 19:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 20:01

I like Petrie but he wouldnt bring anymore that potter or SC ,I think we have tried this method of younger upcoming managers ,but I feel we need to move from a manager trainibg ground and get someone in thats been there and got the t. shirt,so to speak ,thats is someone is out there avaliable
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 21:34

Dunce can you remind me who fired the first shot in this thread? I’ll help you out, it was on the 17th May.

You just can’t help yourself send me your address and I’ll send you a signed photo. For just £50 I’ll send you my well worn bike seat and you can wrap your nostrils right round it.

But sure your the victim....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 22:00

Awful banter from the pair of you. People have different views on players. Nothing to lose sleep over.

I'm sure it's the same at all clubs, but we do seem a dour bunch. Some of the threads on here this season have been shameful. Threads going from "typical Pars not taking chances" when it's 0-0 at half time to "Yas! We're the greatest!" 20 minutes later.

I'll be honest, even when we won this season I didn't feel confident in this team. We were getting flukey wins. I'll take those - 3 points in 3 points. But you can't ride your luck forever. We were lucky having the likes of Murray scoring in our early games but it masked the issue of not having a good strike force.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 22:02

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 18 May 21:34

Dunce can you remind me who fired the first shot in this thread? I’ll help you out, it was on the 17th May.

You just can’t help yourself send me your address and I’ll send you a signed photo. For just £50 I’ll send you my well worn bike seat and you can wrap your nostrils right round it.

But sure your the victim....

That's disgusting and very weird. Am oot

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 09:27

jake thats the point I was making at the start of this season. Espech in regards to mcmanus, I wasnt impressed when we signed him as for him to shoot us to top 3 he would have to have his best season ever at this level, that just wasn`t realistic and we knew that from his time here last time, he does his best work without the ball which isn`t any good for a striker.

But apparently this means I`m scapegoating a great player and if I backed him he would rip the league up.....

Really looking forward to the next season with a new man in the hot seat with new ideas. Its quite an exciting time given the input of the investors and what they are trying to do....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 19 May 09:50

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 19 May 09:27

jake thats the point I was making at the start of this season. Espech in regards to mcmanus, I wasnt impressed when we signed him as for him to shoot us to top 3 he would have to have his best season ever at this level, that just wasn`t realistic and we knew that from his time here last time, he does his best work without the ball which isn`t any good for a striker.

But apparently this means I`m scapegoating a great player and if I backed him he would rip the league up.....

Really looking forward to the next season with a new man in the hot seat with new ideas. Its quite an exciting time given the input of the investors and what they are trying to do....

We were literally one different result away from top 3. What a load of hyperbolic fluff folk have time for. Extraordinary.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 10:07

The thing about football management is that, unlike other jobs, there is a publicly available measure of success to gauge progress - it`s called the League table. By that measure Stevie Crawford actually improved us during his time as manager.

But that`s not good enough for some folk; if we made 4th place we should have been 3rd, if we made 3rd we should have been 2nd etc. Oh, and we should have played like Manchester City.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 10:29

Typical dot net, A thread named new manager started about a fortnight ago, whilst we still had a manager, around 300 replies and over 28000 views . But only 1 post by Rigger Al about who will replace SC after he resigned .

I'll chuck my hat in the ring and say Billy Davies, just so I'm not another reply without mentioning Stevies replacement

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 10:34

rusty only as we signed wighton which kind of proves the point about the current strikers and stevie recognised they were not doing the job required, o`hara came onto a game towards the end of the season but was benched for most of it.

Lets not forget crawford did have some money to spend and if nesbit moves on the new man might have some too.

If crawford got us 4th imagine what a tactically astute experienced manger might have done....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 10:46

It`s difficult to choose a new manager when you don`t know what the club`s budget is. Even if we could afford Derek McInnes, Stephen Robinson or Alex Neil I doubt if any of them would see moving to the Scottish Championship as a good career move.

If we`re looking for experience the most likely options are managers who have been at a higher level but have fallen out of favour and are desperate to get back in the game. Yogi Hughes would have been a good candidate if Ross County hadn`t snapped him up. Jim McIntyre fits the bill but I don`t know what he`s doing now, or what about Stuart Kettlewell? Of course, if the German investors have a say they may want to go continental.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 11:03

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net