DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Achieving goals
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:27

If you hit your target you get rewarded.

The target for SC this years was to make the playoffs. He hit his target, so he should keep his job.

He seems to have an eye for a player. He seems to be able to attract players. There are questions about his ability to improve a team.

I`d keep SC, if he has a credible plan to improve the areas of weakness.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Achieving goals
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:28

Lol.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:30

Quote:

BlackLight, Sat 8 May 17:27

The target for SC this years was to make the playoffs. He hit his target, so he should keep his job.

He seems to have an eye for a player. He seems to be able to attract players. There are questions about his ability to improve a team.

Depends if anyone who is within financial budget and proven track record available.

Otherwise at the moment the board will keep him as it is I think.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:32

Are you related to him? Have you not watched the absolute rubbish that’s been on show throughout the season?

His team choices at times have been bizarre, and then there’s the substitutions.

He may have got to the playoffs but it’s clear that the team hasn’t progressed under him. He managed to take us from a comfortable 2nd to scrape 4th and then gave an absolute toothless display in the playoffs. He needs to go now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: morvenpar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:33

Unfortunately blacklight, he has created some of the weaknesses.

At the start of the year, nobody’s goal neither board, player, manager, nor fans was finishing in 4th behind the rovers and getting eliminated by them in the playoffs.

If all those groups are honest I think they’d say that we’ve gone as far as we can with Crawford.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mars par  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:33

Our area of weakness is our tactics amd team selection. To me we had the 2nd best squad in the league before Dundee signed Cummings in January. To have luckily scraped 4th after some consistently awful football only to meekly fall at the first hurdle doesn`t qualify as a good season for me, regardless of what the target was

I certainly don`t want to watch any more of the football we`ve seen this season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:34

Have had no midfield under his stewardship can`t let him sign players for next season out of his depth at this level

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:38

If your targets are not knowing your best team, awful tactics, being uninspiring as a manager, signing players who are not good enough, and scraping into the playoffs that should have been comfortably achieved, then SC had undoubtedly achieved his targets. He is not capable of getting us out of this division. Not at the top end, anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:40

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:42

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on another subscriber
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:47

How can someone who has ‘an eye for a player’ sign Nesbit then also sign someone like mcmanus? Wager he got lucky with Nesbit rather than mcmanus just being another bang average bottom half championship player.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:49

McManus is one player I thought was a poor signing to be honest, was quite impressed with the others.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:30

Agree Berry, all his best qualities are when he hasn’t got the ball.

You just have to hope we finally get a decent pairing in the middle of the park, it’s been years of dross, slow old legs in there.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:35

I think Whittaker is our most important player to be honest. We look solid when he plays and a mess when he doesn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:50

He failed to achieve the goal of promotion which is the aim of this club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:15

Really, SHP? And you speak for the Club and have the ear of the Board do you? Wow! I`m hugely impressed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:18

Quote:

yorkiepar, Sat 8 May 19:15

Really, SHP? And you speak for the Club and have the ear of the Board do you? Wow! I`m hugely impressed.

Yes, the aim of this club is to get to the Premiership, pretty common knowledge tbh
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:22

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sat 8 May 19:18

Quote:

Yes, the aim of this club is to get to the Premiership, pretty common knowledge tbh

course it is but wasn't the must do this season!

amazing how many seem to know what the managers remit was on here....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:38

Quote:

PARS207, Sat 8 May 19:22

Quote:

Quote:

course it is but wasn't the must do this season!

amazing how many seem to know what the managers remit was on here....

Just listen to every player interview after they sign, it's all about getting us up and out this league, so getting to the playoffs being spouted above may be a goal if we can't win the league, but the overall goal is getting out this league and we have failed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:45

the players have to say that, standard stuff.

so a new manager comes in, doesnt get promoted, the same applies there then? go through a new manager every year until we get promoted?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:48

I think folk are being particularly harsh on SC. It took Steven Gerrard 3 seasons to build a championship winning side . Crawford has only had 2 seasons .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:49

Agree Saline, playoff final at a push is some kind of acceptable goal, but settling for play off quarters can not be seen as an achievable success for a club our size. He failed IMO

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:53

take a Dunfermline comparison SD, it took McIntyre 3 full seasons and ultimately a load of money we didnt have to win the league. only 10 years ago but would he have got that 3rd season now with the majority of people? not a chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:56

Started of great like usual and goes more defensive as the season goes on.... he has to admit he’s taken that team as far as he can.
To many loan players that when they came in looked good but then the usual tactics and the team are boring to watch. We need a goalkeeper for a start!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:59

Quote Sergioduarte

Date: Sat 8 May 19:48

I think folk are being particularly harsh on SC. It took Steven Gerrard 3 seasons to build a championship winning side . Crawford has only had 2 seasons .

It may have taken Gerrard 3 seasons to build a championship winning team but you can bet your life that if Rangers played as badly as we did for most of 2 seasons, he wouldn’t have had a 3rd season.

Tbh it’s not about not winning the championship, it’s about how badly we played, it’s about the awful team selections and bizarre substitutions, it’s about the lack of motivation the team seemed to have in a lot of the games while SC stood like a lemon at the back of the dugout sniffing his snood. If we missed out but we had played really well throughout the season most of us would be happy to give him another season- but that’s not the case

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:01

It wouldn’t matter who the manager was . Relying on one year contracts and loan signings makes a managers job extremely difficult. I’m not saying I want Crawford to stay because I never wanted him in the first place but some of the comments are OTT.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:07

SergioDuarte wrote:

> It wouldn’t matter who the manager was . Relying on one year
> contracts and loan signings makes a managers job extremely
> difficult. I’m not saying I want Crawford to stay because I
> never wanted him in the first place but some of the comments
> are OTT.
>
>

But his signings were actually mostly decent, unfortunately he couldn’t get the best out of them and later on in the season started playing them out of position for instance today we played striker Wighton on the Right Wing, tricky right winger Thomas in the middle, midfielder Henderson on the left where he looked lost leaving an excellent Left Winger Banks on the bench. That kind of selection is what lost us the season

Post Edited (Sat 08 May 20:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:07

and those comments will continue from the same folk no matter who the manager is next year or the year after.

"e played striker Wighton on the Right Wing, tricky right winger in the middle, midfielder Henderson on the left where he looked lost leaving an excellent Left Winger Banks on the bench2

Wighton wasnt on the right wing today, Thomas wasnt in the middle, Henderson was on the left where he has played the last 5/6 games and was MOM in a few of those games. Banks likes to play on the right too.....

Post Edited (Sat 08 May 20:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:08

GJS93 wrote:

> ^^ and those comments will continue from the same folk no
> matter who the manager is next year or the year after.
>
>

Who’s gonna slate a manager that does well and plays attractive football??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MESSIAH  
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:20

Aye he can pick a player etc...maybe he should ne a scout cos tactically and motivation wise he seems clueless.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:22

Quote:

ParfectXI, Sat 8 May 20:07

SergioDuarte wrote:

> It wouldn’t matter who the manager was . Relying on one year
> contracts and loan signings makes a managers job extremely
> difficult. I’m not saying I want Crawford to stay because I
> never wanted him in the first place but some of the comments
> are OTT.
>
>

But his signings were actually mostly decent, unfortunately he couldn’t get the best out of them and later on in the season started playing them out of position for instance today we played striker Wighton on the Right Wing, tricky right winger Thomas in the middle, midfielder Henderson on the left where he looked lost leaving an excellent Left Winger Banks on the bench. That kind of selection is what lost us the season

tactically aware there.... NOT !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:23

None of us know for sure what all the objectives were for this season. That will be between the board and Crawford. However we can assume certain performance measures that will be considered.

- league placing - 4th
- performance in playoffs - out at first stage
- league cup performance - out on pens at QF stage v competition winner
- Scottish cup performance - out at first stage v team below in league on pens
- Youth player development - none
- overall performance in football matches - ?
- supporter feedback/pay per view numbers - ?

With those all in mind, plus the influence of a new group of stakeholders who will are not as personally invested with relationships, I am hopeful that the necessary judgements are made, and our club can look forward to a new Head Coach and new strategy for 2021/2022.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:29

Quote:

Quote:

so say a new manager comes in, how long does he get to get to premiership,?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:47

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 08 May 19:48

I’m struggling Sergio, you’re backing Crawford a bit here which is absolutely fine but then in another thread slating pretty much every signing he brought in.......which is it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 8 May 23:00

I wasn't happy When SC got the job as he was cheapest option, his Biggest problem this season was losing Turner, He then had a couple of MONTHS with the midfield all over the place, SC then Brought in Henderson in on loan , who IMHO brought the balance back to the team.
Will SC be in charge next season ? No

Do I want SC to be in charge next season ? YES

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 23:17

I have to say his answer to the promotion ambition next season I found very disappointing.

He needed to come out saying yes, that has to be the aim etc etc not ‘we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves’.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 23:30

I’ve just heard that interview. I don’t think the content is at the level we should be expecting from a manager of this club.

I’m choosing to be kind by not dissecting it further, as it’s clear from the emotion in his voice he is disappointed and he cares. He obviously needs a break.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Auld Hooly 2  
Date:   Sun 9 May 00:38

You and he need to go ,pronto

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 9 May 11:16

Quote:

I think the BoD may well consider giving the management team another year. They are fair minded people and if, as you point out, he's met his minimum targets, it would be hard to justify a decision to replace him. Add to that Crawford's status as a playing legend and it becomes even more difficult for the directors, who probably idolised him some 20 years ago.

What we don't know is how much clout our German investors have. It may well be that they have enough influence to force the BoD's hand and they may well have a new man ready to take over.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 11:24

GG Riva wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> If you hit your target you get rewarded.
>
> The target for SC this years was to make the playoffs. He hit
> his target, so he should keep his job.
>
> He seems to have an eye for a player. He seems to be able to
> attract players. There are questions about his ability to
> improve a team.
>
> I`d keep SC, if he has a credible plan to improve the areas of
> weakness.

>
> I think the BoD may well consider giving the management team
> another year. They are fair minded people and if, as you point
> out, he's met his minimum targets, it would be hard to
> justify a decision to replace him. Add to that Crawford's
> status as a playing legend and it becomes even more difficult
> for the directors, who probably idolised him some 20 years ago.
>
> What we don't know is how much clout our German investors
> have. It may well be that they have enough influence to force
> the BoD's hand and they may well have a new man ready to
> take over.
>
>

Thanks for that GG. You may well be correct, however the board would do well to take stock of the thoughts of the whole fan base and bear in mind upcoming season ticket purchases when making that decision. I fear that Crawford still in post will cement real apathy amongst a very large section of the support who are simply underwhelmed by performances, results and prospects of this team. This will manifest in significant reductions in season ticket purchases and therefore exacerbate the playing budget.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 9 May 12:33

"it took McIntyre 3 full seasons and ultimately a load of money we didnt have to win the league. only 10 years ago but would he have got that 3rd season now with the majority of people? not a chance."

If it had been up to you, he certainly wouldn`t have got that chance. You were one of those who slagged him at every turn whenever we lost a game. Looking back at it, do you now feel you were over-critical of him during that period?

As regards to our current manager, I said a few weeks ago that it should not be a binary decision where 4th would automatically mean he stayed and 5th would automatically mean he didn`t. I remember once watching cricket and Richie Benaud saying that to make a judgement, you have to actually watch with your eyes, rather than base it simply on raw stats. I think that applies here.

The main positive of his time as manager is that Kevin Nisbet`s game improved significantly during his time with us. There have also been signs of improvement from Kevin O`Hara in the last few months as well. The manager definitely has to be given credit for that.

On the negative side, there have been significant issues tactically during games, a lack of ability to mange a game when we have a lead, and a chronic inability to produce a spell of pressure to equalise after going behind. All managers will make mistakes and I can usually accept them if they make more good decisions than bad, but in isolation the team setup in that 5-1 loss a few weeks ago is difficult to accept. I have quite honestly never seen a Pars team set up so badly as we were that night and I hope never to see anything like that again. I seriously think I would have done a better job than him in that one particular game.

The responses to going ahead and going behind are the biggest concern for me, because they have not been one-offs. We`ve not been good at all at managing games with a lead and when a goal down we usually don`t look like coming back. We did come back from 2-0 and 3-0 this season to get draws but, although it wasn`t luck, neither came from a concerted period of pressure which is how you get back into a game in most cases.

It`s a risk to take on a new manager, but it`s also a risk to keep a manager who has had these fairly serious issues. For me, the questions is `is it likely he will improve on these failings with the extra experience he now has?`. Based on what I`ve seen, I`d say probably not and that this would be a good time to make a change. Like many before him, he might be a very good coach but chances are that he`s not going to make it as a manager. I wish him no harm at all, but if it was my call I`d take the risk of making a change this summer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 9 May 12:52

Good stuff Socks👍

My biggest bugbear also is the way the game is managed on the park.
Even though we have experienced players in there, the game management in a heck of a lot of cases was very naive.

The biggest one, is going ahead in a game I never felt we`d push on and win comprehensively, my instincts always told me it was a matter of time before we conceded, and generally did.

Does that filter through from a naive management team or panicky players who buckled under our expectations?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 9 May 12:59

McIntyre showed signs of improvement throughout his spell, in his two full seasons proceeding the promotion he also had us in 3rd place, by today's standards that'd be a playoff spot, and if the playoffs were still around we might have pushed harder for 2nd,who knows.
In his first 6 months he came in, stabilised us and took us from 8th to 5th,perfectly respectable. The next season we came 3rd in his first full season, and 3rd again the next however we improved on our points total, and going into our title winning season there was a real beleif we could win the title. Which we did.

For me Crawfords time is up, socks above has detailed the reasons why in far better England so I won't bother regurgitating it.

I'd hope the board have targets in mind that are far more in depth than simply "Fourth he's in, fifth he's out" that's simply far too binary and frankly, too stupid. We done it for AJ and it was the wrong decision, if we do it now then likewise it'll be the wrong decision. I'd like to think the board have learned from that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 13:21

Socks, great post

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 13:35

"You were one of those who slagged him at every turn whenever we lost a game. Looking back at it, do you now feel you were over-critical of him during that period?"

not in the first division Socks, so no.

"What we don`t know is how much clout our German investors have. It may well be that they have enough influence to force the BoD`s hand and they may well have a new man ready to take over"

and if they dont, does a change happen now for them to change it again once they complete the takeover? i know they have said they dont want to be "absentee owners" but hopefully its all completed this summer and then we can see what the plans are both on and off the park

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 9 May 14:30

Almost every Championship manager has been under the threat of the P45 this season, including Neilson!
Wasn't that many weeks ago that Mcpake was on his way out as well, will promotion through play offs save him?
Any replacement has to have knowledge of the Scottish game, many foreign managers/coaches have found themselves wanting in this country.
I don't know the answer to Crawfords position, the atmosphere would have been toxic if the crowds had been allowed!
Mentioned Paul Smith at Raith as a replacement a few weeks ago, but I think there's a lot of water to pass under the bridge before any vacancy appears.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-adise  
Date:   Sun 9 May 14:54

You hit upon a pertinent point Lochgelly Albert. I can`t think of a single manager in Scotland we could realistically get and I`d be enthusiastic about their appointment. Petrie coming closest partly for nostalgic reasons and partly for his genuinely impressive record at Montrose.

Look at who has come in mid season at other championship sides -McPherson, McCann and Hopkin - no thanks.

Are we then looking outside of Scotland if a replacement is needed? I`d hope so but this has inherent risks.

Really tough call for the board.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 16:05

A rational, well reasoned post, as always, from Socks further up.

What a difference a day makes. Last night almost everyone and their dogs wanted Crawford fired on the spot. Today many posters are realising it's not quite an open and shut case.

Who could we afford? Would he be prepared to come here? Would he be able to bring the players we need to achieve promotion? You catch my drift?

The more I mull it over, the more I think the management team will get another crack at it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 17:43

Who could we afford? Plenty.

Would he be prepared to come here? Novel idea, advertise the role and go through applications.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:12

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 9 May 16:05

Who could we afford? Would he be prepared to come here? Would he be able to bring the players we need to achieve promotion? You catch my drift?

If we go off the logic that Crawford is the best we can get GG we'd be as well as calling it quits.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:18

Exactly right. That is absolute loser mentality that won't see us progress. If it comes to it let's go through a proper proces of attempting to get the best man for the job this time.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 18:26

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sun 9 May 18:18

Exactly right. That is absolute loser mentality that won't see us progress. If it comes to it let's go through a proper proces of attempting to get the best man for the job this time.

I wasn't advocating anything, Frank. Just putting forward some of the questions the BoD may have to consider, or do you and Grant not think they're relevant?

We can't see the bigger picture. Our club may be in a healthy financial state, thanks to the German investment - then again, it may not.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 19:21

GG.

We also have to consider the elements I raised previously on finance when looking at the managers position. Season ticket renewals are hitting soon. There are a large number of fans who will with-hold their renewals if Crawford is in charge. We need fresh impetus to excite the support after a lack lustre season (of which you could argue there has been three in a row).

To that end I sincerely hope that the board make the right call and decide firmly on Monday for change.

To address your other point about posters on here, of course you’re going to get the more reactionary ones right after th game. It’s one of those though even now, if you were to poll the full support, I think 1 in 4 would want him to stay, 3 in 4 want him to go. Just my opinion.

With such numbers it’s difficult to see how the board could justify yet another season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 9 May 20:52

That`s a pretty random basis for gauging the feelings of the Pars support! Maybe ST sales will get a post-Covid boost just because of the novelty of being able to go to a game.

Most folk concede that recruitment is Crawford`s strong point. Most football people will say that good recruitment is absolutely vital. It`s so vital that big clubs employ specialists to recruit players. Obviously at our level it`s the manager`s responsibility. You could appoint a good motivator and tactician but, if he doesn`t recruit decent players within the club`s budget, you might end up in a worse position. Motivational and tactical skills may be easier to improve than recruitment skills which maybe come more naturally.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 21:02

On recruitment, are we still partnering with Jackie McNamara?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 21:35

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 9 May 18:26

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sun 9 May 18:18

I wasn't advocating anything, Frank. Just putting forward some of the questions the BoD may have to consider, or do you and Grant not think they're relevant?

We can't see the bigger picture. Our club may be in a healthy financial state, thanks to the German investment - then again, it may not.....

There is allot to consider GG, financially is a good one, and with it comes an element of risk, a couple of positions in the championship pays of the managers salary, do you get a new one, in the beleif he'll make up the positions? I beleive you do.

We aren't getting out of this division with Crawford in charge, we keep him on now and we're just kicking the can down the road to make the decision mid season, where we'll then be of the opinion that the new manager needs time to build his own squad, etc etc.

I'd like the board to be proactive with regards to its footballing decisions, I would absolutely hate for it to get to the stage where Crawford is getting absolute pelters from the stand for our board to decide its time to relieve him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 22:58

Wee eck,

What would you say be the supporters polling in favour of him staying or going then? You have a bit of a habit on here making wee comments about people’s opinions on here but rarely do you address the points directly, here’s your chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 9 May 23:02

One thing I find a bit irritating is the many references to the atmosphere being toxic if fans had been allowed in. You simply don't know how the season would have panned out. Maybe our away form would have been better with an atmosphere? Ifs and buts all round. If my granny had wheels she'd be a bike.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 9 May 23:03

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 9 May 22:58

Wee eck,

What would you say be the supporters polling in favour of him staying or going then? You have a bit of a habit on here making wee comments about people’s opinions on here but rarely do you address the points directly, here’s your chance.

He actually does. Try reading rather than ranting

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 23:05

Thanks for that Gowbo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 23:08

I have absolutely no doubt our away form would’ve been better had we had the ability to attend.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 23:14

Quote:

Berry, Sun 9 May 23:08

I have absolutely no doubt our away form would’ve been better had we had the ability to attend.

very much agree,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 10 May 00:37

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 9 May 23:05

Thanks for that Gowbo.

Stop getting Still Game wrong!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 00:47

Now who’s ranting? 😉 🎣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 06:49

``Who could we afford? Plenty.

Would he be prepared to come here? Novel idea, advertise the role and go through applications.``

When I put those questions, I was wondering who we could afford who was any good and if he would come for the salary and budget we could put at his disposal, Ross.

"Season ticket renewals are hitting soon. There are a large number of fans who will with-hold their renewals if Crawford is in charge."

You could be right but there`s no way anyone could know that for sure, short of the club polling every ST holder, past and present. In other words, it`s a feeling not a demonstrable fact.

"To address your other point about posters on here, of course you’re going to get the more reactionary ones right after the game. It’s one of those though even now, if you were to poll the full support, I think 1 in 4 would want him to stay, 3 in 4 want him to go. Just my opinion."

Same aa above. If dotnet is representative of the whole fan base, there`s no doubt the majority want a new manager for next season, but we also know that it`s nothing personal. Plenty of fans were more than happy when we beat Hearts to go top and those who had been critical of Crawford held their hands up and apologised publicly.

"There is a lot to consider GG, financially is a good one, and with it comes an element of risk, a couple of positions in the championship pays of the managers salary, do you get a new one, in the belief he`ll make up the positions? I believe you do.

We aren`t getting out of this division with Crawford in charge, we keep him on now and we`re just kicking the can down the road to make the decision mid season, where we`ll then be of the opinion that the new manager needs time to build his own squad, etc etc.

I`d like the board to be proactive with regards to its footballing decisions, I would absolutely hate for it to get to the stage where Crawford is getting absolute pelters from the stand for our board to decide its time to relieve him.

I know your concern is genuine, Grant and your love of the Pars and SC shines through your post. I believe the BoD have these same feelings towards the club and the manager. This is a two edged sword - it`s obviously good to have a BoD who care deeply about our club, but it can also cloud their judgement when the manager was such a distinguished player. You pointed out in your previous post, with the benefit of hindsight, that the current BoD have made mistakes. They are all intelligent people, so I`m confident they will have learned from these mistakes and will not repeat them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 10 May 07:22

As part of continuous improvement and target setting. What is the BOD target for next season. 3rd is pretty much the same as this season. So to continue this thought process, the BOD must now consider 1st or 2nd. Is this achievable with the current resources?
However as was said earlier football decisions are not binary.
Would be interested to be a fly on the wall on those discussions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 08:28

The Bod are smarter people than me GG, although also stupider in some senses, there's not a chance I'd put myself in the situation where I'd have to give Crawford his jotters. I'm glad RM is our chairman, fair play to him because for the amount he puts in I'm not sure the payoff has been there the past few years in regards to job satisfaction.

It truly is an absolutely thankless task.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 10 May 09:50

`Topic Originator: rossmcno1
Date: Sun 9 May 22:58

Wee eck,

What would you say be the supporters polling in favour of him staying or going then? You have a bit of a habit on here making wee comments about people’s opinions on here but rarely do you address the points directly, here’s your chance.`

Like everyone else I haven`t been to EEP for over a year and I haven`t been in regular contact with my football-going friends so I don`t have a clue what the fans` view is on whether the manager should stay or go. How did you arrive at your assessment?

I dealt with the lazy accusation that I don`t express any opinions on here a week or so ago and I can`t be bothered doing so again. If the second paragraph of my last post on this thread wasn`t an opinion what was it? As da no 1 suggested ``Try reading`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 May 11:14

From what I can make out from my pals who I went to games with that are on different group chats, social media pages and threads, site forums like this and others, that’s the perception I get. I’ve seen a couple of polls on social media too that show support for him staying as low as 20%. You’re right no one knows for sure. Suspect if we were in the stadiums we would be in no doubt as to the feelings of those who attend. That said if fans were in grounds all season, he may not have been allowed to continue!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 10 May 19:15

Some people claiming that this season is acceptable? Have you been watching the dross that we’ve been served up? Seriously the happy clappers think they’re being good little fans. In reality they’re killing this club by condoning the rubbish on the park.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net