DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Loan Players
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:32

What loan players if any would you want to see return to eep next season??
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Loan Players
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:35

Mayo, Murray and Henderson all very decent players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:36

Henderson for me
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 17:37

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 8 May 17:35

Yip agree, think Mayo best position is in middle of the park breaking things up and gives us that physical presence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MESSIAH  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:23

Mayo and Henderson for me. If Murray is away in summer Mayo could fill in at centre half. Henderson continue where he is. That’s all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:26

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:28

Sliema, they would all need be new deals/agreements.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:32

Always comes down to who is available in the market for me. If we can find anyone that is as good and in budget then I'd rather see us sign someone permanently.

If the loan signings are better than what's in the market then bring them back even if it's essentially a filler for a year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:41

No chance we can afford any of these players on permanent basis.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:44

Wouldn't keep any of them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:49

Quote:

DRreturns, Sat 8 May 18:41

No chance we can afford any of these players on permanent basis.

Not saying we could - I was very much thinking it would be one or the other.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:50

They are ***** anyway

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:04

Banks and Henderson, mostly because you can see that technically they are better than the majority of the championship and have shown quality in what has been a pretty poor 2021 so far. Doubt we'll get Banks back but I'd definitely try to get Henderson. Don't think Mayo, Murray or McInroy are good enough to take up a loan space when we could give one of our own youth players a chance or put the wage towards a permanent signing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:07

Maybe Henderson if he works on his physical strength but all can go imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:54

Only Henderson for me (and he should be in the centre of midfield) - no idea what anyone sees in Fraser Murray - complete waste of a shirt. Mayo is a defender not a midfield player - constantly playing him in midfield in my opinion has been a huge mistake, not that there’s been a decent alternative after Turner left.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:12

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 08 May 17:35

Agree with this. Would also keep Banks if possible.

Maybe we can get a Manager on a loan deal 🤨?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 9 May 09:09

I`d try to bring back Mayo, Murray and Henderson if possible. I wouldn`t be adverse to McInroy coming back either.

Mayo - I think has done a good job wherever we have used him. I like his aggression and energy as a defensive midfield player, even if he has a limited range of passing. He also did fine at centre back and right back.

Murray - His form dropped with the team`s but he`s a talented player, can pass and shoot with both feet.

Henderson - He did add some creativity as hoped, did a decent job at left midfield but would be better suited as an attacking midfielder. If he can build up his physical strength, he`d be an ideal partner to Whittaker in central midfield.

McInroy - Looked good early in the season but his form faded badly. He looked better again in the last game at Alloa and also when he came off the bench in the first leg against Raith.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 9 May 09:24

Whoever we try and keep we need a manager who will play players in their proper position first and foremost

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:29

I'm probably a bit old fashioned when it comes to loan players, in general. While I realise there are pros and cons, I believe that it would be better in the long run to use only players we can afford to sign.

Of course, loan players from bigger clubs can improve the quality of our squad and provide a short term fix, but at the business end of the season, these benefits can be less obvious. It's not that loan players don't care - of course they do - footballers are very competitive by nature and want to win every game. Human nature being what it is though, in a game like yesterday's some loan players may well have been thinking that they won't be at EEP next season, so they're not having to burst a gut because they're playing for a new contract.

On the other side, a player who arrives on loan and impresses but is no longer wanted by his parent club, could end up as our player, as Dom Thomas did last season. It also allows talented players, who are kicking their heels at bigger clubs, to get valuable experience of first team football, which they wouldn't get otherwise. The main beneficiaries of that are the parent clubs, however.

On balance, I'd restrict the loan system to emergency loans. I'd be interested to hear what other posters think.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:46

Pretty spot on GG

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:54

I'd want our squad to consist of the best players available to us that are within our budget and I don't really mind if we're stocked with loan players or have them on permanent deals.

We should obviously have a long term plan to develop a squad and try and reduce the number of loans we have but if we have the option to bring in more talented players on loan than we'd be able to bring in on permanent deals then I'd rather we sign the loan players than take less talented players just for the sake of signing someone permanently.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net