DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Missed Chances
Topic Originator: Oldfifer  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:16

Pars failed after missing a good few clear cut chances on Tuesday, they could have easily been going into today’s game 3 or even 4 goals up. Thought they looked the better team for a large percentage of today’s game, but some decision making from some of our players both on Tuesday and today cost us, absolutely f... all to do with Crawford and his team selection or tactics. Disappointed is how I feel at the moment, but after almost 60 years following the Pars I have seen and felt a lot worse. As for sacking Crawford after achieving what he said he would try and do, getting us into the play offs, who would we replace him with who could realistically do better I really don’t know. Anyway I am not sure with our finances at present we could really compete in the premier league, been there seeing us getting humped week in week out. Anyway will be renewing my season ticket for next season yet again, watching yet another season full of hope and optimism. COYP

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Missed Chances
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:19

We are *****

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MESSIAH  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:21

Any manager with a tactical brain would be better. Played well on Tuesday, played well in first half but second half seems to me as if we were looking for extra time tbh. Absolutely brutal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:30

been story all season when not won games, and to extent when have won games, missed some glorious chances.

hendersons decision not to pass to o`hara on the break away on tuesday night to put him 1 on 1 with the keeper is up there with the mcmanus/aird situation 3 years ago at tannadice in the playoffs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Oldfifer  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:39

Messiah, what manager did you have in mind ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:40

We were by far the better team over the two legs but the difference between us was McDonald. Don’t think any player was poor over the both legs but don’t feel they should the same commitment today as we did on Tuesday. Rovers got lucky and sometimes you need that. They won’t progress past Dundee so realistically we need to prepare to win the league next year and nothing short of that is acceptable given the fact we should have the biggest budget and best squad in the league.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 18:48

Quote:

DRreturns, Sat 8 May 18:40

We were by far the better team over the two legs but the difference between us was McDonald. Don’t think any player was poor over the both legs but don’t feel they should the same commitment today as we did on Tuesday. Rovers got lucky and sometimes you need that. They won’t progress past Dundee so realistically we need to prepare to win the league next year and nothing short of that is acceptable given the fact we should have the biggest budget and best squad in the league.

agree 100%
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:25

Man City v Chelsea a prime example of this tonight.

Dinking a penalty to go 2 nil up and win the title today comes back to haunt them getting beat by Chelsea.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:38

Only two goalies better than ours and that's Gordon and Vigers? (Inverness) Mc Donald made a great save from Ohara on Tuesday but the shot from Henderson had so little power that any keeper would have saved it.
Have watched rovers Highlights on YouTube all season and he's not as good as most people think.
Sorry Ridgers! 🤣

J angus blacklaws

Post Edited (Sat 08 May 20:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:41

P.s. was only comparing goalies in the championship 🙂

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:42

gegganpar the Goalie is a thankless position Make a save after your defence has blundered and He`s a hero Let a goal in after they have blundered and its his fault

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:56

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 8 May 19:42

gegganpar the Goalie is a thankless position Make a save after your defence has blundered and He`s a hero Let a goal in after they have blundered and its his fault

Good point, but if we were to change keeper then I'd want Mark R, from Inverness.

J angus blacklaws

Post Edited (Sat 08 May 19:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 8 May 19:59

We have missed loads of chances and that’s why we are s*it. The tactics are not suited to the attacking player and it was just pump the ball up to OHara or Wighton for a lot of games.
We require an attacking midfielder that will create chances but Crawford bumped him of to Airdrie...... THAT was a massive mistake.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MESSIAH  
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:19

Anyone with experience of being a manager to be honest. Yeah he good at identifying players etc...but he`s flopped at East Fife and has flopped here, doesn`t have the tactical brain to get the best out the squad he has.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 20:20

Tale of two goalies one has a great save the other spills a shot for their first goal.
Big Fons has been prone to making errors all season no confidence in him,that and missed chances done us.Hope for better next season on and off the park.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net