DAFC.net
Home 23 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crawford has had his time?
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 8 May 21:21

New thread so no faffing about plus at leat you can be carded easily!!
He has had his time with boring football all round.....

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crawford has had his time?
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 8 May 21:27

Bed time

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sat 8 May 21:29

Quote:

EEP, Sat 08 May 21:21

New thread so no faffing about plus at leat you can be carded easily!!
He has had his time with boring football all round.....

I’m looking forward to next season when you start posting on the Kelty forum instead
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:00

EEP - One trick pony.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:11

[Post Deleted] - Deliberately provoking fellow DAFC.net poster(s)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:12

For me, no, he needs another crack at it and be given the chance to get a couple more experienced players in rather than so many kids
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:17

Another season of Crawford and Dair will surely impact on season ticket sales

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:27

Quote:

gordi-b, Sat 8 May 22:17

Another season of Crawford and Dair will surely impact on season ticket sales

so shields gets a free pass then ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:29

He was asked in his interview if promotion was the aim for next season his answer we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves.That answer surely gives us no confidence in our prospects if that’s the case what have we got to look forward to.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:39

Quote:

FRED1981, Sat 8 May 22:29

He was asked in his interview if promotion was the aim for next season his answer we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves.That answer surely gives us no confidence in our prospects if that’s the case what have we got to look forward to.

Difficult one straight after a loss in the playoffs would imagine for anyone to answer.

Depends lots on budget, players staying, players available etc etc.

Also you will hear what he says about his remit in the job too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sat 8 May 22:40

I think Crawford has done a lot of good things, he has certainly done a better job at bringing through players we should be looking at bringing in, the squad we have for the most part is made of players we the fans rate, not always true of AJ`s time.

Similarly we have Nisbets signing allowing us to sell him on and make good proft, and a few more here can maybe one day do the same.

However despite these good points, he hasn`t succeeded with the homegrown players (Todd, McCann etc) and the results haven`t been good enough beyond little spells here and there.

I think Crawford has some decent director of football skills, but his strengths are not in managing the team..to sum up I lean towards time for change

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:22

According to the Sunday papers he is having a couple of days off and then preparing for next season confidence has no bounds

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:39

.......what’s he meant to say?

I’m waiting at home for my P45.

I’m not sure about having his time........The one thing about Crawford is that he doesn’t give up, he tries something different. I’ve got this niggle that there’s a good manager there. IMO - I’d give him one more season.

Think it’s about time our Teutonic owners had an input. They effectively own the club, so where do you want to take it?

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 9 May 10:50

Another season of meh beckons.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sun 9 May 11:02

Quote:

FRED1981, Sun 9 May 10:22

According to the Sunday papers he is having a couple of days off and then preparing for next season confidence has no bounds

He actually said that in the post match interview .

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 9 May 11:03

Quote:

EEP, Sat 8 May 22:11

Time is up.... Monday should see us getting rid of all the crap and let’s works bringing in a decent management team to take us forward.
All you idiots can abuse me all you want but a clean start is needed..

EEP, you can ask a perfectly reasonable question without referring to fellow posters as idiots and inviting them to abuse you. (I'm no idiot, so I'm not biting. 🙂)

I think it would be very hard for the BoD to sack SC and his team. They were all members of the most successful Pars side since the 60s and they are held in very high regard. Even Crawford's detractors refer to him as a playing legend. Factor in the club's minimum target for this season. I can't believe it would have been automatic promotion, so maybe a play off place? If that's case, he's met it. If it was promotion through the play offs then clearly, he hasn't.

Don't forget Ross McArthur has removed JJ, JP and AJ, so he will act if he feels that is in the club's best interests.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 9 May 11:13

If you're happy watching more of that then good for you, but Crawford needs to go imho
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 11:19

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 9 May 11:13

If you're happy watching more of that then good for you, but Crawford needs to go imho

I don't know if that was aimed at me, Andrew, but if it was let me reassure you I'm anything but happy at the way this season has gone.

Maybe you should reread my post because you're well wide of the mark.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 9 May 11:21

It might be hard for the BOD to sack the management team but I genuinely think if action`s not taken season ticket sales will suffer. It`s a shame it hasn`t worked as Crawford was one of my favourite players.
Finishing fourth wasn`t terrible in itself but it`s a combination of other factors that makes me think it`s not working. The football was really boring to watch at times and substitutions very strange. Players played out of position was another factor. The away record was utterly dismal and think it`s the worst we`ve had for over 20 years.
He`s certainly not the worst manager I`ve seen having experienced Tam Forsyth, and Jocky Scott but I honestly can`t see it getting any better without changes.

Post Edited (Sun 09 May 11:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 May 12:38

Quote:

helensburghpar, Sun 9 May 11:21

It might be hard for the BOD to sack the management team but I genuinely think if action`s not taken season ticket sales will suffer. It`s a shame it hasn`t worked as Crawford was one of my favourite players.
Finishing fourth wasn`t terrible in itself but it`s a combination of other factors that makes me think it`s not working. The football was really boring to watch at times and substitutions very strange. Players played out of position was another factor. The away record was utterly dismal and think it`s the worst we`ve had for over 20 years.
He`s certainly not the worst manager I`ve seen having experienced Tam Forsyth, and Jocky Scott but I honestly can`t see it getting any better without changes.

I think the BoD will do what's best for the club. They will be well aware of the feelings among the general fan base, although it's more difficult to quantify it, given there's been no attendance at matches. Remember AJ was sacked when the fans turned on him after the team squandered a 2-0 lead v Alloa.

Why did Pat Stanton not get a mention in your Hall of Shame, btw? Anything to do with the fact that he was such a classy player? 🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 9 May 12:41

The problem we have is, have Dundee and Raith borrowed money to build their squads. Probably Dundee as they have a habit of overspending and getting into financial problems. Raith on the other hand have got a very experienced manager and have had a great season with their loans and players like Gozie coming good. If Dundee don't go up I expect them to go into administration again.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 9 May 12:49

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 9 May 12:38

Quote:

I think the BoD will do what's best for the club.

The BoD will do what they think is best for the club, whether or not that is actually what's best for the club...

Appointing JP was a mistake, giving AJ a new 2 year contract because he'd met the "target" was a massive mistake that we're still recovering from, taking too long to get rid was another mistake, appointing Crawford without opening up the job application was another big mistake... And lastly if we keep on Crawford that'll be another mistake.

The BoD are great people who do act in the best interests of the club, however they've made quite a few bad footballing decisions over the years.

They now find themselves in a very similar situation to the AJ one, if they haven't learned from that... Well we'll find ourselves paying for it when we're looking for a new manager halfway through a season in a few months time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-4-life  
Date:   Sun 9 May 13:14

It’s hard to find a reason why the BOD would sack Crawford and his team as he has achieved everything he has been asked to do since he took charge.

First half season - avoid relegation working with a team assembled by AJ which was woeful. Performances weren’t great but he and his team gained enough points. Objective achieved
First full season (cut short) - club change philosophy and want to invest in younger players to sell on whilst stabilising within the division. Finish 6th whilst selling an asset for a quoted £300,000 (potential to earn a further £750,000 to £1m if sell on quoted is accurate). This was after making a substantial loss sacking AJ and impact of Covid. Objective achieved.
Condensed season - with Hearts in the league the only realistic goal was playoffs, promotion through this route is very slime passed years have highlighted this. Objective achieved.

The issue I have is recruitment of players apart from a few hits we only have a bang average team probably achieved there max this season. If in charge next season he needs to fix the middle of the park, too often this season have we been overrun meaning our creative players are doing a different job. Concentrate on this area and I believe everything will improve.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 9 May 13:14

GG Riva Why did Pat Stanton not get a mention in your hall of shame?

You`re right, think I must have tried to block it out. He did sign Norrie though so not all bad. I could probably have added Davey Hay to the list as well. Was at his last game in charge (0-2 v Livingston). Don`t think I`ve ever seen the fans so angry.

Post Edited (Sun 09 May 13:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 9 May 14:04

Quote:

Grant, Sun 9 May 12:49

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 9 May 12:38

Quote:

I think the BoD will do what's best for the club.

The BoD will do what they think is best for the club, whether or not that is actually what's best for the club...

Appointing JP was a mistake, giving AJ a new 2 year contract because he'd met the "target" was a massive mistake that we're still recovering from, taking too long to get rid was another mistake, appointing Crawford without opening up the job application was another big mistake... And lastly if we keep on Crawford that'll be another mistake.

The BoD are great people who do act in the best interests of the club, however they've made quite a few bad footballing decisions over the years.

They now find themselves in a very similar situation to the AJ one, if they haven't learned from that... Well we'll find ourselves paying for it when we're looking for a new manager halfway through a season in a few months time.

Only mistakes in your opinion and I am guessing you have never run a football team at this level....or anywhere close.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 9 May 14:24

Yeah hindsight is a wonderful thing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 9 May 14:31

You cannot compare the AJ situation with SC. I think the team AJ had probably reached its peak and there was nowhere to go. The team we have this season will improve next season in my view. We will have a new BoD next season so changes in some form will be coming. I never thought we were ready to go up, so nothing has changed for me this season. Next season will be where we need to be finishiig top of the league and restructuring where necessary to do that. The success of this season and SCs performance will be accessed ona number of factors set out at the start of the seasòn and a general review of the clubs achievements.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 9 May 14:46

Not going to get into a debate here as I was calling for Crawford to go on a fair few occasions this season.

Now our season is all done and dusted. I am pretty sure Crawford and his team will have a sit down with chairman and director of football to discuss both sides of this. What Crawford feels he could have done with and what he would need in terms to complete objectives set for next season (I would hope automatic promotion)
Then I think it will go to the board to either ratify or reject. Really depends on what is said and if the player budget gets a slight lift.

I am going to go against my original judgement and say 6 months contract. So if things continued as they have the past 4 months then we can pull the plug with little to lose. He has the eye for a decent player and I am not really too worried about him giving contracts out but they need to be 1 year at present. With the club having automatic option of extra year upon games played/or other performance related target. So they cannot just pre contract themselves to other teams and we get nowt.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 9 May 14:50

I would give him another season.Agree,his inexperience,has come back and bit us.But everyone has no experience, at some stage in their job.Hopefully,he has learned a lot about himself this season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net