DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ibrox Today
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 15 May 07:15

Rangers fans started their trophy celebrations early last night, with a pyrotechnics display on the banks of the Clyde. While their joy is understandable, we are still being asked to observe Covid restrictions. It doesn't take an Einstein to guess that may fans are likely to want to continue their celebrations outside Ibrox today, during the club's final league match v Aberdeen.

I wonder what steps, if any, Police Scotland will take to try and avoid the mass crowds who descended on Ibrox and George Square earlier this year? Surely it's not beyond their ken to close off the streets around the stadium? It would be far better if the club made the headlines for their record-breaking season, rather than thousands of over enthusiastic fans who could well end up becoming a public nuisance.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fans-hundreds-red-flares-24114170

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ibrox Today
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 15 May 08:03

I suspect Police Scotland will adopt the same soft touch as they did last time, which saw dozens arrested, and the same light policing when dealing with the crowd in Glasgow stopping the deportation through the week.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 15 May 08:33

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 15 May 08:03

I suspect Police Scotland will adopt the same soft touch as they did last time, which saw dozens arrested, and the same light policing when dealing with the crowd in Glasgow stopping the deportation through the week.

Also the same approach as when Partick won the league and fans gathered, watched the game and then had a party outside the main stand
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 15 May 08:51

Maybe just to wind up the Celtic fans.

....and succeeding.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 15 May 09:56

I've read on Facebook that The Rangers 2012 fans are planning to go to Ibrox. We will have to wait and see.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:08

Statement from Police Scotland:

It is vital that we thuh...ahem...Rangers fans follow COVID guidelines and socially distance. To aid this we have placed 55 socially distanced benches in George Square. Each bench will 1690mm away from each other.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:28

An absolute vile set of entitled supporters, quite frankly thinking they are above the law. Water cannons and heavy presence should be out today but oh no we are all to scared. It’s a bone fide soaking these cretins are needing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:34

There was not be any condemnation from gov on hundreds gathered in govan earlier in the week, many without masks and clearly no social distancing putting themselves and the Pokice at risk, in fact the opposite, with ministers saying well done. Fully expect George square to be rammed by kick off. Should have just put up a big screen for them to watch match. Rangers this time have done everything right with statements and video releases to stay away, but it just won`t happen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:36

Unbelievable The police encouraging this with all the COVID cases around this area and chances of bringing it back to wherever they came from . they should round them up and put them in pens for 24 hours and let them spout their secretarian bigot bile . I bet all the pubs and restaurants in Glasgow will be livid not being able to open but give this lot all the encouragement to parade.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:42

"Water cannons and heavy presence should be out today but oh no we are all to scared."

There are no such appliances AFAIK.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 15 May 10:43

Where the hell,Do they get these flares? Would have thought, they were illegal.

Post Edited (Sat 15 May 13:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 15 May 11:07

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 15 May 10:28

An absolute vile set of entitled supporters, quite frankly thinking they are above the law. Water cannons and heavy presence should be out today but oh no we are all to scared. It’s a bone fide soaking these cretins are needing.

Haha have a day off min. Water cannons for folk having a beer in George square? If it was Dunfermline I’d be wherever the celebrations were.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ianbd6  
Date:   Sat 15 May 11:25

A large gathering was always going to happen so maybe the authorities should have been Pro active and made it a test event. Create a fanpark some where and only allow folk who have a negative test. Charge a tenner and give the money to charity. Any other gatherings just round them up and put them through a sheep dip it wouldn`t stop the spread of covid 19 but would be quite funny.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 11:40

"Where the hell,Do they get these flares?"

A quick Google - Amazon came up early doors.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:18

Bamba - daft. An apt username. Glasgow has just seen a spike in covid cases and the level has been changed to ban travel in and out of Glasgow. We are living in the midst of the biggest threat to human life globally and you think it’s absolutely fine for them to flout the law? Many other nations wouldn’t have such a soft touch approach to this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:21

It`s like 2 lockdowns are not enough for some folk.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:24

If it was Dunfermline or any other provincial club they would be dispersed immediately without a doubt.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:28

If I let these flares, off in my street, safe to say I would be arrested!

Post Edited (Sat 15 May 13:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 15 May 13:33

Mutants
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 15 May 14:25

How come the flight from Ireland has happened if they’re banning folk from travelling in and out of Glasgow? Genuine question.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 15 May 14:41

Quote:

dd23, Sat 15 May 14:25

How come the flight from Ireland has happened if they’re banning folk from travelling in and out of Glasgow? Genuine question.

I'll be in Glasgow next week for work. So will lots of Irish people who fly in and out. It's been the same for the last year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 15 May 18:23

I just hope Nicola doesn't slap football wrists by banning fans from euros

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 18:35

Disgraceful that the authorities let fans who saved Rangers in 2012 into Ibrox.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 19:53

Mutants
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 15 May 21:32

If Dunfermline were to win the Scottish Cup in few weeks I'd guarantee that EEP would a epicentre of celebration. If the police were to go wading in with horses how would we react?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 21:59

Quote:

Grant, Sat 15 May 21:32

If Dunfermline were to win the Scottish Cup in few weeks I'd guarantee that EEP would a epicentre of celebration. If the police were to go wading in with horses how would we react?

True, Grant, but how many wrongs make a right? It's not just because they're fans of a vile club - we're in the middle of the worst pandemic the world has ever seen and they're just sticking two fingers up to all of us who are sticking to the guidelines. I was due to meet up with some friends in Glasgow for a pub lunch next week. We cancelled after yesterday's announcement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 22:06

Quote:

Yeah you're right. When Dunfermline Athletic win an important match I often find myself compulsively bursting into sectarian song. We should empathise with them if anything.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 22:32

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 15 May 22:06

Quote:

Yeah you're right. When Dunfermline Athletic win an important match I often find myself compulsively bursting into sectarian song. We should empathise with them if anything.

Not at all what I was saying. I don't agree with what's went on today, quite the opposite.

Likewise if today for example we'd just thumped Raith in the playoff final, or got the league trophy, or won the Scottish Cup etc do you reckon our fans would be sat at home, hands under xxxxx? Not for a second.

They are an utterly despicable club, one who I despise above all other in Scotland but I won't be rushing for the moral high ground here, if we were fortunate enough to have done something of note this season our fans would've been excitable...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 23:16

The best part is between all the idiots outside Ibrox and the idiots in George square,I would be surprised if 5% of them attended Ibrox on a regular Basis

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 May 23:28

So if we won the league and the town was in circumstances like Glasgow, anyone seriously expect we’d behave like this....!?

https://fb.watch/5w11oJiOze

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 15 May 23:38

Spot on Rusty.

You’re talking utter crap Grant if you think pars fans would “celebrate” winning something noteworthy, and behaving similar to what has gone on in George Square tonight. It’s a fkn riot zone. Infighting, urinating on everything, climbing over police vans and leaving a trail of rubbish in every corner.

There’s idiots in every support but zombiesFC just go over the line every time.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 00:03

Utter cretins. Yes, have a wee celebration but don't go smashing things up and urinating in the street. Some absolute creatures. "People make Glasgow"...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swainy  
Date:   Sun 16 May 00:15

As someone who was working in Glasgow City centre today, this wasn't a celebration, it was a riot.

Many hospitality businesses who have been closed due to covid and are struggling had to close today for safety reasons. Even city centre supermarkets shut for the safety of their staff.

Fireworks were being launched into the seating area of a restaurant on a street just off George Square, customers in another venue near Central Station being evacuated via a fire exit, rangers fans fighting each other everywhere and urinating in the streets.

I've lived in Glasgow my whole life and have never witnessed scenes like I did today.

D.A are the number one!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Sun 16 May 00:35

This new club cant handle success lol

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 16 May 00:55

Some of the scenes from today are an absolute disgrace, reminiscent of when they destroyed Manchester after the UEFA Cup Final. They will have someone else to blame as per though and will organise a Gofund me page or something to attempt to sort the damage they have caused so all is OK in their world.

Shower of mutants.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 16 May 07:09

These scenes actually put many fair minded people off football. If you were a mother would you be keen on having a child go to a game on their own when this continuous disregard for police rules & requests. Football has a serious issue to deal with and has for many years, yet it continues. The majority of problems are the big clubs. Strict liability anyone?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 08:39

I'm stereotyping but Rangers have to have the scummiest following of any team in Scotland. Vandalise everything they see. Utter tinks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:10

Quote:

buffy, Sat 15 May 23:38

Spot on Rusty.

You’re talking utter crap Grant if you think pars fans would “celebrate” winning something noteworthy, and behaving similar to what has gone on in George Square tonight. .

You're talking utter crap Buffy if you think I've said that 👍

Rangers fans are rightly being condemned for the destruction and public offences they've caused, I just wasn't willing to jump in and condemn them for congregating and in turn breaking covid restrictions, because if Dunfermline had won something this season you could bet your bottom dollar we'd be having a party outside the main stand/up the town.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:14

Grant, these "fans" have wrecked the centre is Glasgow. They've urinated against statues - the same statues many were protecting from the BLM protestors. I realise the Pars aren't exactly big winners, but when has such a thing ever happened in the history of this club?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:18

As someone who lives near there stands and don’t want COVID restrictions broken at my front door, do you think the riot police would let me use the water cannon to disperse youz??? 😷🚒💦
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:22

Quote:

jake89, Sun 16 May 09:14

Grant, these "fans" have wrecked the centre is Glasgow. They've urinated against statues - the same statues many were protecting from the BLM protestors. I realise the Pars aren't exactly big winners, but when has such a thing ever happened in the history of this club?

Again Jake I didn't say we'd do that, or cause scenes anywhere close to that, the earlier part of this thread and my Op was about Rangers fans breaking covid restrictions and congregating in numbers, I'm not going to jump in and condemn Rangers fans for that because fans of every club have done that, and fans of pretty much every club would do that.

Again, I've said nothing about Pars fans wrecking the town, just that we'd be having a right good time of it in the town/in the Glen/somewhere. The actions of what happened thereafter the Rangers fans congregated was the disgrace, the actual act of them getting together though...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:23

disgraceful scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPtVivCWsKA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:34

Quote:

Par, Sun 16 May 09:23

disgraceful scenes

Utter mutants. Again this won't be there fault and like Manchester it won't be rangers supporters who are doing this but people dressed up pretending to be rangers fans. This is one club I would happily see get burried
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:46

Get what you're saying, Grant. However, there's a difference between congregating to celebrate (something I would suggest all fans would do to some extent) and congregating to have a riot. Smashed bottles, broken windows, flares and fireworks (some sent in the direction of families eating), climbing lamp-posts, smashing benches (again!)...not only is this idiotic but all of this will be repaired at a cost to the taxpayer. Glasgow is a fantastic city filled with great people but these idiots should be ashamed of themselves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:51

To be fair to Grant we're all piling in here but he's not said once that Pars fans would behave like this, just that there would be fans congregating. Which they would!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 09:56

Quote:

Par, Sun 16 May 09:23

disgraceful scenes

Oh dear. No opposing fans to fight with, so just fight among themselves....

A vile club attracts some equally vile fans. Police Scotland's "Softly, Softly" approach paying big dividends........

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:06

Aye, Grant is right. If the Pars were in the cup final next weekend and got over the line for the first time in over 50 years, there would be a load of us out celebrating. Pretty sure Leicester was busy in places yesterday.

The difference is that most supports have a bit of pride and an element of self-policing. They want to be seen as adding to the party wherever they go. If someone gets out of line, others step in, sort it out and try and maintain their club's reputation.

The sevco fans seem to want to annex the place and wreck it - to prove... well who knows? They certainly don't. But everyone hates them, so they'll destroy their own town.

At least it gets it right up Sturgeon and her lockdown. But not their beloved Tories and their restrictions somehow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:11

So we all still not fancying those water cannons then?! 🧐

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:22

They should of been let into Ibrox after the game, brick up the exits and let them ruin their own stadium.
Let`s hope they get banned from Europe.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:23

But But if we were out celebrating in this pandemic nothing surer our lot would get dispersed right away you can bet your bottom dollar.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:29

Well done to the majority of rangers fans who celebrated safely with their friends and families. It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon and think the images represent the majority, they don’t.

The actions by the minority are disgraceful, fuelled by alcohol and the frustrations of the current restrictions.
Of course that doesn’t make it right, their actions should be condemned. I do wonder what actions Rangers took try stop this from happening. What would have made a difference?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:41

Quote:

Pars232, Sun 16 May 10:29

Well done to the majority of rangers fans who celebrated safely with their friends and families. It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon and think the images represent the majority, they don’t.

The actions by the minority are disgraceful, fuelled by alcohol and the frustrations of the current restrictions.
Of course that doesn’t make it right, their actions should be condemned. I do wonder what actions Rangers took try stop this from happening. What would have made a difference?

I don't doubt you're spot on with your analysis, Pars232 - the problem is that this "minority" amounts to thousands of fans and their actions are now on YouTube, bringing shame upon the rest of Scotland's law abiding population. Do you think anyone from out with Scotland will see these actions as those of a small minority or are they likely to tar all Scottish fans with the same brush?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 10:53

GG, from what I saw you started this thread by talking about Rangers fans abiding to covid restrictions. I’m not sure what other countries options of what happened yesterday really matters in the grand scheme of it.

My point was the not all rangers fans were involved in this but could the club have done more to support a different outcome? And of course what engagement Police Scotland had with the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 16 May 11:09

You’re the only one talking crap Grant as you’re still trying to imply that pars fans celebrating would be something akin to what these animals did. You’ve immersed yourself in this thread to discredit your own club’s fans when the original post was very clearly about Rangers fans.

I won’t be engaging with you any longer.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 11:30

Quote:

Pars232, Sun 16 May 10:53

GG, from what I saw you started this thread by talking about Rangers fans abiding to covid restrictions. I’m not sure what other countries options of what happened yesterday really matters in the grand scheme of it.

My point was the not all rangers fans were involved in this but could the club have done more to support a different outcome? And of course what engagement Police Scotland had with the club.

My OP suggested that some Rangers fans were highly likely to flaunt Covid restrictions and gather outside the stadium before the final league game. I also suggested the police should anticipate this situation and close off the streets around Ibrox. Fans in smaller numbers could have been turned away relatively easily or face a fine and/or arrest. They chose a softly softly approach and reaped the carnage that followed. I don't think we can attach any blame to the club itself. Fans were asked to stay away but didn't. It was Police Scotland's job to police the situation appropriately. Their response was completely inadequate.

Post Edited (Sun 16 May 11:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 11:36

I’d agree that the measures didn’t work. I do think the club did have a bit more of a responsibility. With the ability they had to reach out to fans via social media i’d like to think they could have done more. That said i don’t know what steps they took if any.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 11:46

Quote:

buffy, Sun 16 May 11:09

You’re the only one talking crap Grant as you’re still trying to imply that pars fans celebrating would be something akin to what these animals did..

Nope, I haven't, not once.

Try reading.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 11:59

Quote:

Pars232, Sun 16 May 11:36

I’d agree that the measures didn’t work. I do think the club did have a bit more of a responsibility. With the ability they had to reach out to fans via social media i’d like to think they could have done more. That said i don’t know what steps they took if any.

The fans were never going to listen to anything the club said, although it wasn't much more than a "Please observe Covid restrictions and stay away from the stadium, tomorrow. "

It needed a much firmer approach from Police Scotland. It wasn't as if they didn't know what to expect. That's the third time this season, these fans have disgraced themselves outside Ibrox (and twice in George Square. )

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Sun 16 May 12:11

Sorry GG but I’m not with you on this one. As has been seen throughout recent months, the Police are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. There simply wouldn’t be enough officers in the whole of the country to have enforced the law yesterday. Even though I detest Rangers I (knowing the former officers who run the safety/security at Ibrox) am sure that the club engaged fully with Police Scotland and the Scottish Government in advance of yesterday. In the absence of strict liability, Rangers are not responsible for anything outside of their stadium.
It’s down to personal responsibility and, sadly, the fact that you, in many cases, are dealing with a subculture.
Many of the scum are so thick that they will have posted their actions all over social media, so hopefully they will have identified themselves to the authorities.
But then we have such a namby pamby legal system now that any retrospective action will be a waste of time.
You reap what you sow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 16 May 12:21

Quote:

Pars232, Sun 16 May 10:29

Of course that doesn’t make it right, their actions should be condemned. I do wonder what actions Ranger took try stop this from happening. What would have made a difference?

Minority, my fvckin hole. Those scenes yesterday were the Majority

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 12:26

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sun 16 May 10:11

Enough of this - there are no such appliances on the UK mainland.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 16 May 12:34

Parplod, any chance that the bill for the clean up can be sent to the Rangers accounts payable department ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 12:35

Quote:

Parplod, Sun 16 May 12:11

Sorry GG but I’m not with you on this one. As has been seen throughout recent months, the Police are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. There simply wouldn’t be enough officers in the whole of the country to have enforced the law yesterday. Even though I detest Rangers I (knowing the former officers who run the safety/security at Ibrox) am sure that the club engaged fully with Police Scotland and the Scottish Government in advance of yesterday. In the absence of strict liability, Rangers are not responsible for anything outside of their stadium.
It’s down to personal responsibility and, sadly, the fact that you, in many cases, are dealing with a subculture.
Many of the scum are so thick that they will have posted their actions all over social media, so hopefully they will have identified themselves to the authorities.
But then we have such a namby pamby legal system now that any retrospective action will be a waste of time.
You reap what you sow.

Yea, my pal's pal is a Police Inspector and he told him it's much easier to police these idiots if they're all in the same place. The police had an unenviable task, but you must agree the hands off approach failed. To do nothing because you don't believe you have enough officers on duty is a bit of a cop out. There are people in that short clip who should have been arrested but there are no officers to be seen, just one guy in a high viz jacket who is understandably not keen to get involved.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:12

It will be interesting to see what the reaction of our noble leader is to yesterday’s events. If she criticises the Police for any perceived lack of response, will she support a more robust policing style when hordes of anarchists descend on Glasgow for the Cop26 conference in November?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:20

Topic Originator: veteraneastender like | nolike
Date: Sun 16 May 12:26

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sun 16 May 10:11

Enough of this - there are no such appliances on the UK mainland

Enough of what? Maybe if we did have such appliances and used them there wouldn’t be a bunch of police at A&E this morning. What do you suggest we do then? Nothing?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:30

Rangers fans are scum. End of.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:34

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 16 May 13:30

They really aren't.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:39

"Enough of what? Maybe if we did have such appliances and used them there wouldn’t be a bunch of police at A&E this morning. What do you suggest we do then? Nothing?"

I`m simply pointing out the facts, there are no water cannon appliances on the UK mainland, and no plans AFAIK to change that.

If you want a change of government policy on that then direct your question to the appropriate quarters, I ain`t that guy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:45

The scenes especially those at George square in the evening were deplorable. Celebrations and jubilation was always going to end like this after 10 hours of drinking.
Government gave the green light for mass gatherings after Wednesday, however the trouble and mindless acts are inexcusable.
The club done all they could over the last few weeks, players and manager at every opportunity saying stay away, but it was always going to happen. A more common sense approach by government knowing this was very likely the end scenario, why not have a plan B to redirect the organised walk to away from city centre to a nearby park to make it easier to Police this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 13:53

Parplod is right - the Police are damned either way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 16 May 14:48

Since Union Bears arranged it there's a suggestion that their leaders be hit with the fine!

Could also charge them with cleaning up the graffiti on the flyovers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 14:51

Post Edited (Sun 16 May 14:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 14:52

....saw this in the press.

That’s an interesting message SG is holding above his head??

What’s all that about.....

Post Edited (Sun 16 May 14:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 16 May 15:03

Scummiest fans on the planet .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 16 May 15:56

Angus WATP is a abbreviation for We Are The People. They spray paint it a lot!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 16:04

Quote:

DulochConvert, Sun 16 May 15:56

Angus WATP is a abbreviation for We Are The People. They spray paint it a lot!

I can remember when this club made its league debut and it stood for.......

We're Away Tae Peterheid. ☺

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 16 May 17:19

"Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 16 May 13:30

They really aren`t."

You`ll be telling us the were formed in 1872 and have just won their 55th league title next.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 18:12

Okay apologies my niaevity.

I only know one interpretation of WATP & it’s not very complimentary!

.....makes the picture a bit more entertaining 😀

Post Edited (Sun 16 May 19:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 18:15

That wasn’t scarf gerrard held up. Looks like someone has simply added WATP on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 16 May 18:39

I know plenty Rangers fans who are decent people

"Scum of the earth" 😁

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sun 16 May 20:28

there just glory hunting xxxxx true fans stayed in and celebrating safely these half wits just want to make trouble when gers were not winning trophies in 70,s only 2500 turned up at ibrox v partick

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 21:01

Reportedly A Rangers fan blew half his hand of yesterday when a firework he was holding went off

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 21:14

I live life believing that almost everyone is good at heart and we all do daft stuff every now and again. But Glasgow Rangers is an enigma an and a case study for alien life force to study centuries from now.

It illustrates what happens when a large organisation operates free from any repercussions. Go bankrupt? Just regenerate. Fancy singing sectarian songs each week? Fine by us as you're too big to bring down. It's too unpopular politically to address properly.

Let's do a quick thought experiment.

Rusty and his mates group together and start following tennis around the world. We follow Jamie Murray's doubles career at various events. In the first event Rusty and his friends start singing "we're up to our knees in Fenian blood" at each interval and "f#ck the Pope and the IRA" when they win a set.

Three things happen...

1) We're weeded out by fellow tennis fans
2) We're condemned by the players themselves
3) We're emptied by the tennis authorities and not welcomed back.

Now, one then asks the question, why has this been going on season after season after season after season since I started watching Scottish football in 1988?

The answer is relatively simple. No-one wants to take ownership. Free from any actual repercussions it will continue for the next generation.

It's too politically unpopular for government action. It's too much of a powder keg for effective police action. The old firm (sic) have too much of a duopoly over Scottish football itself. Which leaves self-policing? Not going to happen as there's too many of them. They are literally above the law.

Lastly, don't make me laugh by saying it's a minority of them. Absolute garbage. 50,000 fans have enabled this weekly for decades. When did you hear a high-profile Rangers player or manager or fans group even attempt to take any actual action? Not going to happen.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 21:35

You mean apart from the snp introducing the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 which tried tackling sectarian behaviour at football games.

May not have been perfect but was a signal to the country and sectarian football fans that society was no longer willing to accept that behaviour...

It repeal was initiated by Labour because it unfairly singled out football fans when they’re being sectarian (what a shame!) and even the police said after it was repealed, it essentially signalled that sectarianism was ok and guess what happened after the next old firm game???

Post Edited (Sun 16 May 21:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 21:54

Which backs up my point. There isn't the collective political will.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 16 May 22:08

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sun 16 May 21:01

Reportedly A Rangers fan blew half his hand of yesterday when a firework he was holding went off

I've been sent the video and if it's the same on it was a cannister of the red gas. No fingers flying which is just as well as I didn't know what it was going to be. Doubt there was any real damage.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 22:43

DBP nails it - brilliantly.

The absolute tube that is James Kelly campaigned for cheap votes by asking for removal of that act, rather than tweak it.

The act wasn’t perfect, but it DID significantly impact the amount of sectarian behaviour because it clearly made such behaviour illegal unlike the existing regulations which are too general to make charges stick. Since that act has gone, just look at the massive rise of racism, sectarianism and others in Scottish football. Is it the lone thing? No. But a big factor.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 23:04

Simple solution to tackling sectarianism in the stands is for the good fans to call it out. It's surely the responsibility of the stewards too? Given the number of season tickets it should be very easy to identify who is doing it and cancel their tickets.

The SFA and SPFL need to get real too. Take proper action. Start issuing fines, point deductions and league expulsion.

It is an absolute disgrace that I could go to a football stadium and sing songs about the IRA, the pope, Fenians etc and face little to no repercussion. Yet if I did that in the street I would be lifted for it.

But, no, we'll keep taking the knee and showing racism the red card whilst turning a blind eye to it all. Nothing to see here, just a bunch of idiots from [insert town/city] who think they're from N.Ireland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 23:19

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 16 May 22:08

Quote:

I've been sent the video and if it's the same on it was a cannister of the red gas. No fingers flying which is just as well as I didn't know what it was going to be. Doubt there was any real damage.

I also got sent a video and it's pretty horrific, looks like all the fingers are gone and a good proportion of the hand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 16 May 23:32

Quote:

Grant, Sun 16 May 23:19

Quote:

Quote:

I also got sent a video and it's pretty horrific, looks like all the fingers are gone and a good proportion of the hand.

Sounds like he was going for that 'Red Hand Of Ulster' look
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 23:42

As much as I'll never condone the stupidity of some Rangers "fans" yesterday, the firework guy will have experienced a lot of pain and will have to live with his actions for the rest of his life. May have lost his livelihood by celebrating his club winning.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 23:49

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe a different one from me then and I'm glad I've not seen the other one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 May 23:54

Just made the mistake of watching the video again and it does look like you can see fingers coming off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 17 May 07:39

DBP and jake89 have hit the nail on the head.

Yes the statement by Nicola and Humza took no prisoners and was commendable.

However, they will run away from putting any pressure on Hampden to accept Strict Liability which every nation in UEFA has now.

Michael Matheson was about to do just that when replaced by Humza Yousaf who has been impotent.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 07:47

The actions of James Kelly were an utter shortsighted disgrace.

They undermined the Police.

However, Labour rarely could lay a glove on the SNP and that is what that episode was really about.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 07:54

Haven’t seen the video, don’t want to see it. Zero sympathy but I won’t grudge him his £250 from the Harry Hill show.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 08:14

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 16 May 23:32

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like he was going for that 'Red Hand Of Ulster' look

Or Red Hand of Blister...ouch

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 09:41

"The actions of James Kelly were an utter shortsighted disgrace.

They undermined the Police.

However, Labour rarely could lay a glove on the SNP and that is what that episode was really about."

I wonder if that legislation would have passed had MSPs been allowed a free vote ?

Or repealed in the same manner ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 15:20

Rangers fans will be cacking themselves when they see this:-

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/EYHruY0EdqldWBPB9bCRS_2oU7eP96kGXwdhmYAKFWSt3X41ubVrvOoBFJOSMOs52-uefXp3fY7V4F343byTC7-nugXVLEzAMs-Np8nYqM_Muirw7tsTq-LB2Vq7Kg=s0-d-e1-ft#https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/879272659674173440/DzXNTx9S_normal.jpg

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 15:55

I'm just getting a Clyde 1 icon when I download that mate?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 17 May 16:13

hey there you with the pyro, where did your hand go? You blew it up ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:00

That's all I get too GG

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:49

Sorry guys, I`ll just type it out.

Radio Clyde News

"The Justice Secretary says the actions of Rangers fans in Glasgow yesterday "will have consequences."

"Humza Yousaf says we all have a responsibility to call out anti-Catholic prejudice."

That`ll be it sorted then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:55

Let's see what happens. I'll stick a tenner on some generic statements about it not being tolerated followed by some statement from RFC and then all forgotten about until the next time.

Need to be clear here that this isn't about football rivalry - it's about bigotry plain and simple. We sing songs about the wee team but it's not related to religion...unless there is a religion relating to being a wee team and us not actually caring about them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 18:06

Just watched the video allegedly showing members of the Rangers squad singing a sectarian version of Sweet Caroline. Although there are individuals within the squad and back room staff who are more than capable of this, my impression is that it is a very poor fake.
Still No.1 story on BBC Scotland News though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 18:26

Their rendition of Sweet Caroline is common. I even saw a video of it being sung at a wedding! Classy affair...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 19:46

I will believe action by Humza Yousaf when I see it.

He has sat on his hands regarding Strict Liability for years.

Michael Matheson was close to taking action but got moved to Transport.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 08:42

Unfortunately the disturbance happened outside and away from a ground. If it had been in Ibrox or any other ground their fans could have been banned. Despite what the police say about catching the ones that caused the trouble it's highly unlikely that anymore than a few score will be charged.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 09:05

I see there’s a rangers Union flag flying from a lamppost on the way into inverkeithing

Wonder what it’s like to support a team from the other side of the country, ie somebody else’s team just because they’re successful?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:05

Interesting discussion - advance to 1:36.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000w2zv

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:08

I`ve seen that too, DBP. My wife. who`s from Northern Ireland, said it reminded her of home ... but not in a good way.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:25

Ditto Ronaldo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:27

Quote:

DBP, Tue 18 May 09:05

I see there’s a rangers Union flag flying from a lamppost on the way into inverkeithing

Wonder what it’s like to support a team from the other side of the country, ie somebody else’s team just because they’re successful?

I was in Stornaway on Sunday. I thought the Queen was arriving with the amount of Union flags hanging from the lampposts. I was really surprised as this must have been a coordinated effort. All over the town. Still find it incredible actually.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 18:24

Good article in the Scotsman:-

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-the-superiority-syndrome-and-anti-catholic-bigotry-why-it-cannot-go-unchallenged-any-more-3240210

Some Teddy Bears will not like that.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net