DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next seasons strip
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 16 May 19:18

Any idea when it will be released? Sometimes feel when we release our strips is too late. Could do with having them ready at the end of the season. Might generate more sales.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next seasons strip
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 17 May 09:46

I think they`re also released too late as well. The tend to be announced end of June and made available to buy mid July at the open day. However, I noticed that last season`s strips were announced a year ago last week as it came up on my Facebook memories. Perhaps they will be announced a little earlier this time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 17 May 10:36

I think it would be a nice touch by the club if they didn't release a new strip this year. The fans haven't had a chance to wear last year's shirts to games or on holiday yet. It would also be a relief for hard pushed parents suffering financially from the Pandemic.
Obviously club finances might dictate that we have to do a new one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 17 May 11:12

We might have a commercial deal with the kit manufacturer that we have do one too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Mon 17 May 13:27

If we are still with Joma, they will equal the same amount of seasons we had Bukta as kit manufacturer. 9 seasons in total, which is the most. There you are, bit of Monday information.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 13:36

Every day's a school day!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 17 May 13:39

"If we are still with Joma, they will equal the same amount of seasons we had Bukta as kit manufacturer. 9 seasons in total, which is the most. There you are, bit of Monday information."

How long were we with TFG? Couldn`t be much off 9 years either?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 17 May 13:41

a slightly different take on red-star`s post, im not sure why clubs dont register the previous seasons away kit as a 3rd kit for the next season if the manufacturer and sponsors are the same and if its a totally different colour. most home kits dont change that dramatically but could do it for those that do if you want too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 14:33

7 seasons we had TFG. Joma will be in to their 9th season with us next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Mon 17 May 17:39

be interesting to know sales figures of home and away tops over the years, if the pandemic made a big impact on sales last summer or not.

be amazing if they used the existing strips red star, but financially dont think that would ever happen, more likely to have something like new investors/owners discounting the strips as a thank you to the fans but thats unlikely i would imagine but would be nice.

GJS93 good point!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 17 May 20:08

I'm at the stage where I think they should alternate a new strip. Home one year Away the next. As for Joma....I really don't like their strips 🙈 I know they have had some really good ones but i just don't like the quality.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 17 May 20:33

I`ve said that for ages Polt. If they changed one a year I`d probably get the new one each season but as it is with two new kits every year, I very rarely get either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 20:42

We have had some smart shirt from Joma, although the Umbro ones we had are still my favourites. Unfortunately I've hit that age the wrong side of 40 where wearing a football shirt just looks rediculous
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 17 May 21:12

Many will know this site but in case you haven`t seen it... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dunfermline_Athletic/Dunfermline_Athletic.htm

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 22:15

Good site RhinoPars, they missed a trick by not going for a 100th anniversary edition of the black and white hooped shirt, that would have been a nice change
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 May 22:51

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 17 May 20:42

We have had some smart shirt from Joma, although the Umbro ones we had are still my favourites. Unfortunately I've hit that age the wrong side of 40 where wearing a football shirt just looks rediculous

Just before my time but I loved the strips of their l that I did see.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 03:14

Sorry, but hoops are not for me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:02

What I found interesting about the historical strip site was how many team`s strips varied hugely in both colours and design in the early years before then finally adopting a more consistent general colour scheme and design.

Post Edited (Tue 18 May 10:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:25

I think I’m correct in saying that the clubs constitution now states that the strip must be a variation of black and white stripes

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AbuBarrie  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:31

I like the idea of user name MDCCCLXXXV being used on our trip...he might have a copyright on it though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Leamington_sPAR  
Date:   Tue 18 May 19:21

Quote:

RhinoPars, Mon 17 May 21:12

Many will know this site but in case you haven`t seen it... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dunfermline_Athletic/Dunfermline_Athletic.htm

Think you found the source of Row ZZ’s knowledge 🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Tue 18 May 20:51

Black Shorts please

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 18 May 22:52

Quote:

1970par, Tue 18 May 10:25

I think I’m correct in saying that the clubs constitution now states that the strip must be a variation of black and white stripes

Not really in any constitution. What you're probably thinking of is the Supporters Charter that was drafted by fans after the Pars United takeover and (I think) endorsed by the Board. It's on the club's website (under "Heritage"):
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?ID=3651

The obligation only requires the strip to be predominantly black-and-white, so hoops, checks etc would be ok!

"The predominantly black and white team colours of DAFC, since the year 1912, will not be changed without the prior agreement of meetings of both the Supporters’ and Patrons’ Councils."

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 12:19

Umbro made some right smart Pars kits. Must say Airdrie`s kit this season was smart as. Would love to have them making our kits again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 19 May 17:21

Quote:

AbuBarrie, Tue 18 May 12:31

I like the idea of user name MDCCCLXXXV being used on our trip...he might have a copyright on it though.

Great idea AbuBarrie.....lol

We have had a top with PARS written on the shirt tail, But a strip with 1885 written on it appeals to me

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net