DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crawford
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:02

Resigned
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crawford
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:04

Fair play to craw for jumping before getting pushed. Respect.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:08

He probably could have had another crack at it to be honest after achieving the playoffs and without Hearts in the league.

My gut tells me he has done the right thing though - will always be a Pars legend in my eyes.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:13

Sad news for the club, we were improving although slowly. The news will please those who wanted change or simply a good old moan that we are not good enough. Thanks Stevie always a gentleman when talking to you.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:14

Sad it didn't work out for him but I think he is a decent bloke and had done the right thing. I reckon he knows himself his own limitations, even though plenty on here couldn't see it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:18

I think to some extent he's been unlucky with not having a consistent core team. We've lost players due to having a lot of loans, short term contracts and injuries.

That makes life difficult. He clearly has an eye for a player but where he's failed is some of his tactics.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:21

I believe he's done the right thing but it doesn't feel right

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:22

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 18 May 10:21

I'm kinda this too, I think he's done the right thing however he did meet targets..tough one.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:23

Must've been a really difficult decision for Stevie, as it sounded like the club were going to keep him on for next season. It's been a crazy season, but ultimately I think this is the best decision for all parties. I wish him all the best, unfortunate that it didn't quite work out the way we all wanted it to. He leaves us in a better position than what he took over from AJ, yes we aren't promotion ready but we are a top half championship team with a number of hungry players who we can look to develop.

A few quality additions to this squad and I think we'll have a great chance next season, finding the right manager is going to be extremely challenging, for me we have to find someone who has a track record at this level or similar who can guide us throughout the season consistently.

Post Edited (Tue 18 May 10:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:23

I actually feel bad for him, there are not many people who care about this club (ex players/managers) ... people love to see a manager or player who really has the affection for the club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:26

Thanks for your efforts Stevie and all the best for the future.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:28

Think it`s the right decision.
Good player for us, no doubt he has a lot of affection for the club, but not good enough as manager in my opinion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:29

He will always be a club legend.

Every fan to a man/woman/non binary wanted him to succeed but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. None of us wanted him to fail but it’s the right decision I’m afraid.

I hope he gets another job quickly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stevie Nicks  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:32

Whilst this seemed inevitable after last season - I am sorry this has happened as I really wanted it to work for him as he is (and always will be a club legend) - to me it seemed obvious that he loves the Pars and leaves with me and my Pars supporting families best wishes , hopefully he’ll be back involved with the club in some role in the future. 😞

“It’s not the name and number on the back of the shirt that counts… it’s the badge on the front”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:33

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Update&ID=13139

It`s probably the right decision? Stevie is a good guy and should leave with his head held high

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:43

Stevie Crawford can take away many pluses from his time as Dunfermline manager. It`s clear he has many qualities. It takes real backbone to voluntarily walk away from any job, so we can add that to any list of positive character traits. I wish him all the best.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:45

Exactly Raymie

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:47

I feel he achieved the club`s objective for the season so don`t see why he couldn`t have been there for another year.
I was impressed with most of his signings, it was just a shame the team lacked consistency.
Time will tell if it has been the right decision.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 18 May 10:50

The Germans investors will have a medium and long term plan and I don`t think anyone on this forum believes that Stevie is the medium term future for us at this point.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:05

? Reunited with Neilson . Hearts looking for Academy Coaching Development Manager!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:08

A role prob suited to him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:27

I feel a bit sad about this as there`s no doubt he`s given it his best, and the improvement in Kevin Nisbet suggests there`s a genuine coaching ability there. I just don`t think management was the job for him - his leaving the club is probably for the best, but I wish him no harm at all.

I`m not sure we`ll see him in management again, but if he wants to stay in football he`s shown enough to work as a coach for either senior of youth teams. Although I was often unimpressed by what he did as manager, I genuinely wish him well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:36

What Socks says, word for word

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:41

Sad to hear this but I think he`s made the right decision although not an easy one for him
I hope he gets another job in football and I wish him all the best for the future

Good post socks

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:42

In general terms, he did as well as could be expected considering the restrictions imposed by club`s limited financial position.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:42

Falkirks next manager......

This will come back to haunt us!

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 11:49

I hope all the "Stevie must go brigade" feel how I feel at this time.

$h!tt¥.

All the best Craw

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:04

I don’t think this is a time for who said what with regard to Stevie’s tenure as manager of our club. My own thoughts are, like many on here’, a mixture of sympathy and gratitude on the one hand and pragmatism on the other. I so wanted him to succeed, but it became increasingly tortuous as the season rolled on. I wish Stevie nothing but well moving forward and his place in the pantheon of Pars legends is still secure. That’s an achievement in itself.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:09

About time! Been lucky to get to the end of the season, if it was anyone else or even a normal season he would have been gone at Christmas. Love him as a player and would never want him to tarnish is reputation to the fans but he`s not a manager in the slightest. All the best n aw that but this is the happiest I`ve been since we beat Rover 4-1.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:09

Sad day, probably the correct decision, but the replacement giving me a bad feeling already.

Still punting Paul Smith, assistant at Raith.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:18

Done the right thing for the club huge respect to him for that,all those that said they wouldn`t
be renewing season tickets can now renew,and hopefully more will also consider purchasing.
Will always be a respected member of the Pars family,wish him all the best whatever he decides to do next.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:30

Quote:

incognito, Tue 18 May 12:09

About time! Been lucky to get to the end of the season, if it was anyone else or even a normal season he would have been gone at Christmas. Love him as a player and would never want him to tarnish is reputation to the fans but he`s not a manager in the slightest. All the best n aw that but this is the happiest I`ve been since we beat Rover 4-1.

We were 2nd at Christmas, just lost our first game against Morton. Of course he should have been punted then

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lenstar  
Date:   Tue 18 May 12:43

Without a doubt he`s a club legend, I feel quite sad about it and for him, but in a way he has made the decision about his own future thus leaving with his head held high and dignity intact.
Cant imagine he will struggle for another position.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 18 May 17:26

"I reckon he knows himself his own limitations"

could be the changes that are coming he isnt willing to work under, could be family related, might just not be worth it...

is it just me that finds it a little strange there isnt any comment from him in that "update"?

Post Edited (Tue 18 May 22:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 18 May 17:40

The hard facts are we won 33 out off 88 games played under his stewardship.

That’s 38% in the Championship - Nowhere near promotion form.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 18 May 18:01

Quote:

Angus_W, Tue 18 May 17:40

The hard facts are we won 33 out off 88 games played under his stewardship.

That’s 38% in the Championship - Nowhere near promotion form.

That's nailed it .
We need to move on now

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Tue 18 May 18:04

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 18 May 10:21

Aye, I'm no sure how I feel about it tbh. If it was 8 weeks ago I would have been delighted. I had it in my head he had long term goal as success cannot be done overnight.
1st 6 months inherited a team, end of year 1 left with bare bones of a team. This season seemed to be more longer term contracts given.
Thanks Stevie, glad you made it your decision.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net