DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Brighton & Hibernian strike partnership deal to offer players `pathway`
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 18 May 15:11

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57149221

wonder if this will be a route for kevin nisbet where he`s not `sold` as such?

Brighton & Hibernian strike partnership deal to offer players `pathway`

Premier League side Brighton have agreed a partnership deal with Scottish Premiership outfit Hibernian that will focus on player development at both clubs.

The clubs say they will work together to find opportunities for players either in a training or playing capacity to aid their progress.

Hibernian sporting director Graeme Mathie said the agreement "gives all our young players a pathway to aspire to play at the highest level of the game".

He added: "This partnership allows us to plan for how a player might potentially go from Hibernian to Brighton, or Brighton to Hibernian, as two new and exciting options on an ambitious roadmap."

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Brighton & Hibernian strike partnership deal to offer players `pathway`
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Tue 18 May 17:14

Youth players, yes. First team assests? I very much doubt it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 21 May 08:25

I see Ayr United are also striking up a partnership with an English Premiership club.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/burnley-partnership-could-huge-ayr-24146558.amp

I wonder if the Pars might go down that route (Man City or Liverpool anyone?) and whether others think this would be of benefit to our club, although with our German investors, perhaps a tie up with a Bundesliga club would be more likely?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 21 May 09:00

Didn`t we have an arrangement with Sunderland when AJ was manager? Things change when the manager changes but maybe the Hibs/Brighton one has a bit more substance if the sporting director is behind it.

I only discovered recently that Billy Reid, the ex-Hamilton manager, is now assistant manager to Graham Potter at Brighton.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 21 May 09:15

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 21 May 09:00

Didn`t we have an arrangement with Sunderland when AJ was manager? Things change when the manager changes but maybe the Hibs/Brighton one has a bit more substance if the sporting director is behind it.

I only discovered recently that Billy Reid, the ex-Hamilton manager, is now assistant manager to Graham Potter at Brighton.

Having an arrangement which only lasts as long as the manager is hardly satisfactory, eck. In some cases, there wouldn't even be time for it to bed sin properly. A semi permanent partnership, which either club could break off if they didn't feel it was working, would make much more sense.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 21 May 12:02

Do we still have ties with Jackie McNamara and if so what players have we brought in recently that have come directly through this channel?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Fri 21 May 12:46

Will Brexit not screw up bundesliga players coming here?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net