DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crawford Interview
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 18 May 22:45

Just noticed Stevie has done an interview with the courier, seems to be a two part interview with the second part out tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crawford Interview
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 18 May 22:46

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2235220/it-feels-like-burnout-stevie-crawford-opens-up-on-why-he-quit-dunfermline/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&&__twitter_impression=true

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Tue 18 May 22:47

Seems strange that the press reported that he was hungry to improve next season yet he says here he is burnt out and wasn’t sure he was able to give 100%.

I was thinking me who thought his time was up during last season but I wish him well and good health.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Tue 18 May 22:51

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Tue 18 May 22:47

Seems strange that the press reported that he was hungry to improve next season yet he says here he is burnt out and wasn’t sure he was able to give 100%.

I was thinking me who thought his time was up during last season but I wish him well and good health.

The press were basically saying what was said after the Rovers match, things can change very quickly.

Tbh am not surprised he is burnt out. More to life at end of the day than just football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 18 May 23:37

Bit of a soul bearing interview.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 19 May 00:06

Hope a few people read that and engage their brain.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 19 May 00:45

Came from the heart ,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 19 May 06:41

Thank you stevie not just for your time as manager but for being a club legend....there’s only one Stevie Crawford

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 19 May 07:16

Well i dunno about anyone else but i kinda feel a bit sh1t.... There was me giving it laldy about no showing emotion during games hiding in dugoot/behind that snood guy must have felt scunnered. It's reminded me we are all human.
Mental and emotional health is far more important than any football club. It seems that it took it's toll on Stevie. Hopefully he will bounce back with a job in football as he has alot to offer.

Post Edited (Wed 19 May 07:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 19 May 07:24

Aye a little bit late but at least you’ve acknowledged it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 19 May 08:05

Got to be the most brutal profession, not only is it 24/7 but fine margins define the difference between success/failure.

Before the lockdown I was being shown round EEP and Greig Shields said when he was getting abuse in the supermarket on the way in! This for a reserve team defeat the night before.....

The interview was honest, but in a way heartwarming- he can get on with his life now and lead in on his terms.

Before he came, the squad was completely toxic, it isn`t now. He improved players substantially, last season the covid season was no fun for anyone.

Good luck.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Wed 19 May 08:30

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Wed 19 May 00:06

Hope a few people read that and engage their brain.

so they should but bet some won't,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Wed 19 May 08:56

Anyone else unable to read interview without paying a subscription?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 19 May 09:06

I think managers need to learn how to manage their time and manage themselves as much as manage a team. That`s why they have a backroom team. Having read books/articles by some players who played under Martin o`Neil, it would seem he did that really well - players barely saw him during the week allegedly. Stevie worked at such high intensity. I mind sitting behind him in the main stand at a league cup game when he was AJ`s assistant - he was scribbling away on a pad, analysing absolutely everything to the nth degree. Young managers may be too keen, understandably, to impress and become Pep overnight, consumed with tactics and formations. Good luck to him though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 19 May 09:08

Quote:

oapar, Wed 19 May 08:56

Anyone else unable to read interview without paying a subscription?

There you go oapar

Stevie Crawford has attributed his shock resignation as Dunfermline Athletic head coach to burnout, candidly confessing: “I just have nothing left in the tank”.
Crawford’s 28-month reign in charge of the Fifers officially came to an end on Tuesday morning, with chairman Ross McArthur reluctantly accepting his decision to depart and beginning the search for his successor.
The 47-year-old handed in his notice following a period of soul-searching in the aftermath of the Pars’ Premiership playoff quarter-final exit against Raith Rovers, which condemned them to a sixth successive season in the second tier.

Close: Crawford and McArthur
“It feels like burnout,” said Crawford. “I’m not ashamed to say that because I believe that shows the dedication I had to the job. I did wonder whether it was worth trying to grind it out and get over this feeling. However, that is not fair to the club.
“I’m absolutely beat. It’s been 24/7 for 28 months.
“I reviewed the season in the early part of last week following the Raith Rovers game, then I spoke to Ross [McArthur] on Wednesday and took another three or four days and spent a little more time with my family.
“I started to look at my own situation and say: “I’m going to ask a player or member of staff to give 100 per cent moving forward — and I’m not convinced I’ve got 100 per cent left myself.”

A wrought Crawford during Dunfermline’s playoff defeat at Raith
“The candle has been burning at both ends and I can’t let my love of the game force me away from it, in a more long-term way.”
Dunfermline’s stunned board, led by chairman McArthur and with input from the club’s German investors, DAFC Fussball GmbH, will now begin to assemble a long-list for the vacancy — having been previously planning for a future with Crawford at the helm.
Crawford, meanwhile, will take a breath, recharge his batteries and then seek a return to the dugout.
He has not been discouraged from life as a manager, even if he has learned some tough lessons the hard way.

“I certainly wasn’t scared of management,” he added. “I’ve not done everything right — and not just the glaring obvious aspect of team selection — but it has been baby steps and I’ll forever be in debt for the support I’ve had.
“I’ve been allowed an opportunity to progress and develop in my management. I think it’s worked both ways because Dunfermline are in a better place now.
“It’s just about making sure that I learn from that experience and see where my future lies.

“I need to go away over the next few weeks or months and learn to manage my time better, in terms of delegating and infrastructure. That’s something I’ll get better at.
“But at no point have I said: ‘I don’t fancy going into a manager’s role somewhere in the future’. If anything, it’s whetted my appetite for that side of it.”

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Wed 19 May 09:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 19 May 12:28

In some ways this is encouraging, in some depressing.

I`m encouraged that Stevie is able to speak candidly, and that the BoD appeared to be taking a long term view to developing their coaching staff. Also that he was able to take action before things got out of hand.

However, it is depressing that it has come to this - was help offered, did it make any difference?

So much effort and money is invested in any football coaching staff, yet the role of head coach continues to be one of the most stressful there is. People cannot possibly perform to their capabilities in such circumstances.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 19 May 12:37

Travelling home and feeling low after a disappointing result or performance I often wonder what it must be like for the management staff and those close to them - analysing the game over the weekend and then back on the treadmill on Monday. There must be added pressure when you`ve had a successful playing career at the club and are a local boy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 19 May 12:45

I think that might have been the difference being local probably added extra pressure and how do you escape.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net