DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reasons to be cheerful
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 25 May 21:15

Us Fifers like a moan at the best of times and this forum is no exception. I'm a wee bit distanced from the club at the moment due to family commitments so I can't see as many games as I'd like and I think it helps give me a bit more perspective than I used to.

With that in mind, here's a big list of things that are on my mind in relation to the Pars and why I think it's important to look at things from different angles to our stereotypical dour, Fife disposition.

1. Crowds will hopefully be back next season in an increasingly meaningful capacity. We can't underestimate how crap empty stadia are compared to even a couple of thousand fans.

2. In my 30 years supporting the club we've been a yo yo side between the top two tiers. The only extended spell in the top tier was financed by a model that nearly killed the club. Under the current board we're as safe as we'll ever be. I take prudence over gambling with money we don't have.

3. We have a model where scores of fans are engaged enough to help run the club. A silent army of volunteers. We have hundreds to contribute spare cash on a regular basis.

4. We secured external investment and a potential exciting new phase for the club. If there's any country I'd like to learn from in how to take forward a local, community club it's the German model.

5. Sometimes it only takes a few signings to make a squad click. We have the core of a decent side on contracts. O'Hara has the potential to kick on. Dow will be like a new signing.

6. We gave a club legend a go at managing his first big gig. It didn't quite work out but he leaves with his dignity intact.

7. Most people think we need an experienced manager for the next phase. All signs point towards that being the case.

8. The bookies favourite used to be the first team coach at a highly successful West Ham side. Has national team experience. Played 350 games for one of the biggest sides in the country. Had an Alloa side that punched above it's weight.

9. Falkirk imploded. Haha. Oh Falkirk.

10. Rangers died and the Pars survived.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 25 May 21:32

Excellent, well reasoned post, Rusty.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 25 May 21:50

And if Lewis Martin returns, there’s another new player.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 25 May 22:01

I also hope that Lewis can come back as a player, or some other role at the club.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 25 May 22:28

Good post, Rusty.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 26 May 07:22

Happy clapper

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 26 May 08:13

Nice Rusty x

😂 DA-Go. Yer a bad man

Can I add point 12 (after Lewis Martin, obviously):
12. If anyone feels the need to poke me wi a stick at 0730 at the EEP bus stop mon-fri please do so. The job in Glenrothes is going great 😊.

Ok that’s probably just cheerful for me 😂

Carry on troops!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 26 May 08:42

What about Pars` fans that aren`t Fifers - can we join the East End mafia ?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net