DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A BOARD STATEMENT
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:16

I always have a wry smile when a fan demands a Board statement but,incredulous at the events of the last ten days,I had looked forward to the Board,for whom I have the utmost respect and confidence,explaining the Managerial appointment.

Brian McLauchlin, the distinguished BBC Football Correspondent ,reports that Peter Grant told him he did not submit a CV "because it would blow everybody else away anyway". Wow.We have a confident aka arrogant new Manager at least!

Peter explained that the Board saw his CV on the pitch.(Perhaps it was upside down?)Certainly the Board has gone on record that it is "distinguished".

He jumped ship at Norwich after consecutive defeats: left Birmingham in the lurch to go to Aston Villa who sacked him.Fulham demoted him.Celtic sacked him.Scotland sacked him.He resigned after relegation at Alloa.No one denies his brilliant playing career.

Why have newspapers fed us,for ten days, about an interview process many on here called for?Why has a respected Journalist told us Peter would be the Coach but not the Manager?.Why did Popular and Quality papers have us all debating which new Manager might be attracted giving the very same names?Peter says other clubs (Falkirk) wanted him.I wish him every success even so.

Post Edited (Fri 28 May 17:26)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A BOARD STATEMENT
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:23

Look mate the decision is made and no matter how much you whine about it not being your preferred option you will just need to accept it

Why don’t you put the toys back in the pram and give the guy a bit of support

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:24

Quote:

1970par, Fri 28 May 17:23

Look mate the decision is made and no matter how much you whine about it not being your preferred option you will just need to accept it

Why don’t you put the toys back in the pram and give the guy a bit of support

This.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:25

Since 2013 transparency has been the club`s watchword.

Even the sponsors are glaziers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:41

State 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: usurpar  

Glaziers? I thought they sponsored Man Utd?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  

I think, Sliema, you`ll have to ask the various journalists why they chose to run those stories. I`ve heard it whispered that some journalists will even go to the length of making things up to fill an empty column.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:42

usurpar touché.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:44

give it a rest sliema eh

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:44

Malcolm Canmore: Perish the thought.

Yet remarkably,despite writing for different newspapers, they were reporting near identical information.

Now why could that be?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 28 May 17:47

Maybe watch a movie or something?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Fri 28 May 18:20

Never seen Sliema this active since he was pratting on about him and his mates having to pay full price for a ticket after the board scrapped discount tickets for over 55s or constantly bumping on about the "disgraceful events" of January 2019 when AJ got the sack for being useless and arsing a 2 nil lead to Alloa.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Fri 28 May 18:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Fri 28 May 18:21

Hilarious. I`m giving this guy the benefit of the doubt hoping he`s on the wind up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 18:32

You have forgotten my battle for the club to retain Joe Cardle and Lea Robinson.

I raised the item of discounted Season Tickets on behalf of others as I said at the Supporters` council meeting.

I look forward to some fan answering my concern in the last paragraph.

I am off to watch my vid of "The Malta Story".

Oh and many of us appreciated AJ.It has been downhill ever since....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 28 May 18:33

Sliema’s “utmost respect and confidence” for the board contradicts what follows.

Make up your mind.

How do you make a Maltese Cross ?

Post Edited (Fri 28 May 18:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 18:53

The old jokes are the best.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 28 May 19:09

Seems every close season Silema has a crusade to peruse which he does till the death despite him saying he has had the utmost respect for the BOD

Peter Grant and why the board have not asked his personal viewpoint before making the appointment

Over 60’s season tickets and the one man campaign to reverse a perfectly rational decision

The annual Joe Cardle signing saga

It’s getting tedious and predictable

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Fri 28 May 19:28

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 28 May 17:44

Malcolm Canmore: Perish the thought.

Yet remarkably,despite writing for different newspapers, they were reporting near identical information.

Now why could that be?

Because they find it easier to jump on someone else’s story than to make up their own.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 28 May 19:34

Is a normal selection process appropriate for appointing a football manager? CVs for anyone involved in the game are available on the internet. Potential candidates have probably been exposed to scrutiny by the media and their interview technique will be a matter of public record. Isn`t it quite common to seek out opinions of others in the football business about potential candidates?

Just about everyone on here has expressed a view on who the new manager should be. How did we arrive at our choices? Not by a rigorous selection process, that`s for sure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:02

Silema you watched the statement yet?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:11

I was VERY IMPRESSED with the interviews with both Chairman Ross McArthur and new Manager Peter Grant.

Ross, in fact, answers so many of the points we have been discussing in the last ten days.The fact there were 80 applications but he, Thomas and the Board wanted Peter is so encouraging.

Peter comes across as thoughtful, articulate and determined.The fact he knew our strengths and weaknesses in detail after two years of competing with us gives him a solid foundation.His memories of EEP in the past are well received.

My suspicion grows that much of what we have read in newspapers has its origins in this very Forum!.As wee eck points out,is a normal selection process appropriate for choosing a Football Manager?

I had better renew my Season Ticket after all and demand Peter offers Joe Cardle a post.We are going back to the Premiership!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:12

Ross says Grant never applied, we approached him and we had around 80 applications come in..

So we did the proper process for a bit...and then ditched it.

All seriousness that’s a big statement and shows the confidence the board have in him so hoping they are right and it works out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:22

Not many took into account the fact his loan options were severely hampered by the covid restrictions...
I liked the fact that when asked about doubts he hardly batted an eyelid too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:29

It's a very good interview I have to say.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:41

He arguably played at a level or two higher than that of his natural ability.

When someone manages that it's often due to desire, hard work, determination, self-belief, drive, looking after yourself and having a bit of a footballing brain.

Often people like that make better managers than the more naturally gifted players. Let's hope that's the case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:49

80 applicants and folk wanted John Hughes..... I can only imagine the dross that applied😅 we have a good guy in place so let’s move on!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 28 May 21:09

And folk think we had to advertise the job to get applications 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 28 May 22:23

Yes,I am really looking forward to next season.Great to hear, positive comments, and he has a ,go for it attitude.

Post Edited (Fri 28 May 22:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-adise  
Date:   Fri 28 May 22:56

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 28 May 23:37

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 28 May 20:11

I was VERY IMPRESSED with the interviews with both Chairman Ross McArthur and new Manager Peter Grant.

Ross, in fact, answers so many of the points we have been discussing in the last ten days.The fact there were 80 applications but he, Thomas and the Board wanted Peter is so encouraging.

Peter comes across as thoughtful, articulate and determined.The fact he knew our strengths and weaknesses in detail after two years of competing with us gives him a solid foundation.His memories of EEP in the past are well received.

My suspicion grows that much of what we have read in newspapers has its origins in this very Forum!.As wee eck points out,is a normal selection process appropriate for choosing a Football Manager?

I had better renew my Season Ticket after all and demand Peter offers Joe Cardle a post.We are going back to the Premiership!!

Welcome back.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 May 07:06

PARrot: I have been at the Stadium Of Dreams since 1963.

I am staying till we win the Premiership.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 29 May 08:16

Can't believe they turned down my application. I've won the Premiership twice and taken my team to a Champions League final. I've got Belgium knocking at my door.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 29 May 10:13

Let`s hope the Pars perform this coming season as well as PG talks !!!

Crack on Peter.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 29 May 15:16

I remember loads of upbeat and positive posts about bright times ahead following Stevies introduction interview after securing the role. Actions will talk louder than words, so here’s hoping
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 29 May 15:44

To be fair Peter Grant talking about football compared to Stevie is chalk and cheese.
Whether or not it works for him, he knows how to get you on board with it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 29 May 16:33

Totally on board with PG now and looking forward to getting a season ticket, just need to get a seat as far away from the dugout as possible so I don’t hear his constant shouting or I’ll be purchasing earplugs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 29 May 16:44

After seeing PG interview, I am a lot less worried than when I first heard he got the job. He would have got my backing anyway as I have got behind any manager we have had, But after seeing Peters interview I am actually looking forward to next season. It will be good to see a bit of passion in the dugout

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Sat 29 May 16:45)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net