DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grants first interview
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Fri 28 May 19:14

Just watched Peter Grants first interview and I have to say, I like his enthusiasm and upbeat way he talks.

It’s actually got me looking forward to the season and believe he could very possibly do good things with us. It’s just what we needed is someone who can make you excited for the upcoming game/season.

I’ll admit I wasn’t too happy with his appointment but was ready to give him a chance. I might just be wrong in that assessment

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grants first interview
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 28 May 19:40

He says all the right things.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 28 May 19:48

Hopefully he will give us a good season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:00

Truly hope he makes me eat my words. I know I wasn't impressed with this appointment and I am just trying to get positive and hope that the next 2 years we will be in a better position than we are now.
I say 2 years as that's ideally what a manager should need to implement his direction and squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:03

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 28 May 19:40

He says all the right things.

Would you rather he said the wrong things🤔

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:12

Talks the talk but will he walk the walk ?

Personally I think so. He had high standards as a player, you don`t play for year after year alongside Paul McStay if you don`t have that.
You could see what he was trying to do with Alloa and if he had any money at all he would have turned them into a more than decent outfit.
So now it`s down to our players, they need to respond to him in a positive way or they`ll be replaced, simple as...there`s one thing clear, he won`t give them an easy ride.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:15

Suffice to say his considered, articulate, thoughtful remarks were very different from the rant at the side of the pitch that day at Alloa.

Which was a welcome surprise.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:17

Quite clear despite 18 applicants, the club headhunted Grant from the outset based on nothing much more than how Alloa played against us.
I’m not saying that’s wrong as he’s clearly someone they feel we need. A hands on manager that can squeeze every last drop out of the players and important his style doesn’t alienate players as it can.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:25

One of the best interviews Iv seen.
He talks like he already knows what players he has and bring in to get us promoted.
It’s like chalk and cheese when SC used to speak the same rubbish every week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:38

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 28 May 20:15

Suffice to say his considered, articulate, thoughtful remarks were very different from the rant at the side of the pitch that day at Alloa.

Which was a welcome surprise.

Aye? Did you expect his first interview to be 10 minutes of him effing and jeffing on camera?!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 28 May 20:46

There is no doubt that he will be a better coach and demand more work ethic in training/games.... and I’m sure if certain players are not performing then he will let them know.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 28 May 21:01

It did surprise me that they approached Grant rather than him apply. Admitting that approach will put a lot of pressure on the board as well as Grant. If we do well the board will deserve much credit on taking a gamble, as they will be heavily scrutinised if we struggle.

The interviews have me feeling 100 times more optimistic than yesterday. Never in a millions year did I imagine Peter Grant would be a Dunfermline manager but here we are and let`s hope we hit the ground running! I have always said I like a manager with a bit of passion on the touch line!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 28 May 21:13

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Fri 28 May 20:17Quite clear despite 18 applicants, the club headhunted Grant from the outset based on nothing much more than how Alloa played against us.

Sorry but I can't see how it's quite clear at all. It may be all WE'RE aware of but I'd give the board a lot more credit than that. I'd at least expect that they've spoken with previous employers and people he's worked with before deciding to approach him. And just because he didn't send in a cv doesn't mean he couldn't have had a third party make the club aware of his interest in the role.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-4-life  
Date:   Sat 29 May 00:53

Gaz3822 he had money available at Alloa and got them relegated as he refused to use it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sat 29 May 03:10

Two quite interesting points in there.

The difference in COVID `bubbles` between full time and part time teams was something that I would never have thought about, but it makes sense that it could be a real barrier to bringing in loan players at Alloa, compared to the Pars.

The second one was about the Pars training at Alloa. Sounds like Ross had fairly regular contact with PG. Maybe he was able to assess his capabilities and style over a period of time and liked what he saw?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 29 May 03:33

He will do well to realise how big a job this is and the sooner the better in all honesty . I am not entirely convinced by the appointment but he’ll get my backing . The football under Crawford generally was boring .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 29 May 07:42

Berry posted this on another thread:-

"Amazing how some views change after an 8mins interview, shows how fickle fans really are."

Wise words.

I'm neither excited nor deflated by the appointment. I'll judge the new manager on results and performances, how he sets his team up, his style of play, the kind of players he brings in and whether he gets the best out of his squad. How well he comes across in an interview and how much passion he shows on the touchline is of secondary importance.

Eta. It,goes without saying that I wish Peter Grant every success and will be back at EEP when we're allowed, to lend my support to our promotion bid.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 29 May 07:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 29 May 08:16

Do we know the structure? Ie who is identifying and bring in the players? Is grant just the head coach?

Up until alloa were relegated grant was probably preparing for next season at a part time level and building the alloa team, certainly not a full time managers position and we were preparing with stevie for next year.

It’s the players grant brings in that will make or break him, I hope he hits the ground running...

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 29 May 10:22

The rigours that impacted on part time teams last season are not to be underestimated.

Covid measures at work as well as at club, training twice a week in the evening (Alloa method) - must have been a very difficult situation, much more than full time players working "office hours" mostly.

Post Edited (Sat 29 May 10:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 29 May 10:22

Quote:

EEP, Fri 28 May 20:25
It’s like chalk and cheese when SC used to speak the same rubbish every week.

Stevie's initial interviews were actually really insightful, possibly over sharing tactics at times. The later narrative that his post-match interviews were uninspiring was a complete irrelevance imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 30 May 18:14

Anyone know the term of his contract? Unless I’ve missed it they’ve been skirting around telling us that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Sun 30 May 18:29

When people say what is your contract I always say to myself, well ‘next day’ because if you are not doing your job I will not be here, if you are doing your job people come and try and take you away, that’s football. It doesn’t matter how long it lasts but I’m hoping that I’m here for a long time. The plan is for a long time.”

PG’s quote !
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 May 18:54

Yeah I had read that, would be good to know if it’s on similar terms to Crawford or not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 30 May 19:00

Quote:

Berry, Sun 30 May 18:54

Yeah I had read that, would be good to know if it’s on similar terms to Crawford or not.

Why! To me thats a personal thing between employer and employee
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 30 May 19:06

It`s sounds like Lewis McCann will get a chance next season as Grant says he excites him. He is always a player who I thought would have potential but he has never delivered so far. Hopefully Grant can be the one to get the best out of him?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sun 30 May 19:39

Lewis imo will not displace the 3 in front of him. I believe he has had potential for 3 years and has not been fulfilled. Time to move on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 May 19:44

To you it may be Rigger Al, but this is football where everyone’s contract term is pretty much known and they’ve told us the terms before on every other manager we’ve had.

Every time we sign a player we look at how long we’ve secured him for. GJS93 regularly at the end of seasons tells us who is out of contract and who isn’t.

I’m not asking how much money he’s banking ffs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 30 May 20:11

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 30 May 19:00

Quote:

Berry, Sun 30 May 18:54

Why! To me thats a personal thing between employer and employee

As we’re 70% fan owned, I’d say it is relevant what contract he has.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 30 May 20:15

Is there really such a thing as a contract in modern day football ?

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sun 30 May 20:19

You would assume it’s the same as the previous manager a 1 year rolling contract. Protects both parties to a certain extent?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 May 20:49

Quote:

Berry, Sun 30 May 19:44

To you it may be Rigger Al, but this is football where everyone’s contract term is pretty much known and they’ve told us the terms before on every other manager we’ve had.

Every time we sign a player we look at how long we’ve secured him for. GJS93 regularly at the end of seasons tells us who is out of contract and who isn’t.

Settle down with the ffs ,I just gave my opinion
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 May 21:48

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 30 May 20:49

Quote:

Accept my apologies please Rigger, not had the best day today but no excuse, wasn’t meant to come across as forthright as it did.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 30 May 23:54

Quote:

RossF, Sun 30 May 19:06

It`s sounds like Lewis McCann will get a chance next season as Grant says he excites him. He is always a player who I thought would have potential but he has never delivered so far. Hopefully Grant can be the one to get the best out of him?

Was surprised at his comments about McCann. Haven't seen anything exciting about him so far despite a good few opportunities.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 May 00:01

Quote:

Berry, Sun 30 May 21:48

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 30 May 20:49

Quote:

Accept my apologies please Rigger, not had the best day today but no excuse, wasn’t meant to come across as forthright as it did.

No probs
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net