DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Morecambe
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 31 May 18:10

Well done to Morecambe and Derek Adams

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Morecambe
Topic Originator: ianbd6  
Date:   Mon 31 May 18:29

It is really well done Morecambe. They had the lowest budget in the division. Sadly for them it looks like Derek Adams is on his way to Bradford City.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 31 May 18:45

Looked a clear dive for their penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t27_gjSPig

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 31 May 18:59

Quote:

Par, Mon 31 May 18:45

Looked a clear dive for their penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t27_gjSPig

The goalie slammed two fisted into another players face trying to clear the ball. Never got near it. County deserved a penalty and Morecambe keeper sent off early stages. Would have been a completely different game, Kinda feel for County.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 31 May 19:01

I`ve watched that a few times and have to say I thought it was a foul with the only debate being where the contact was. Anywhere else on the pitch and it`s a free kick all day long. The defender`s stride pattern looked unnatural and it looked as though he extended his leg to impede the striker. I didn`t see it live however.

I thought the poorer decision was Newport being denied a pen when the keeper came out and gave the striker a Josh Taylor style overhand right to the head. One that keepers get away with often though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 31 May 19:17

Sure there was a set of Morecambe supporters come to eep was originally on a stag do both Edinburgh teams away came to eep so enjoy your night boys

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 31 May 19:48

Quote:

ianbd6, Mon 31 May 18:29

It is really well done Morecambe. They had the lowest budget in the division. Sadly for them it looks like Derek Adams is on his way to Bradford City.

Is that wise ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Mon 31 May 19:49

They might be slightly miffed that Blackpool too were promoted, thus denying them a derby game. Then I remembered that they still have Fleetwood Town with their Cod Army for opponents. Could be interesting. 😀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 31 May 20:09

Very diplomatic and classy interview from the Newport manager i felt given the circumstances and the key decisions in the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 31 May 20:14

It`s great to see a team like Morecambe, who have flirted with relegation the past few years and apparently have the lowest budget do the unthinkable. Derek Adams will be a legend there and nice to see him get his own back after Kevin Ellison`s behaviour to him the last time they played.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 31 May 20:23

Spot on RossF Ellison was bang out of order

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 31 May 20:29

I think Ellison was quite within his rights to act like that.

Adams has / had behaved like a complete bottom going back to his Ross County days at EEP with his touchline antics.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 31 May 20:54

I thought he was just frozen out the team TAFKA? Did much else happen? I have heard a few bad things about Adams but he must be doing something right turning Morecambe`s fortunes around as he has?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 31 May 21:15

He seems to be a good manager based on the job he did at County, Plymouth and now Morecambe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net