DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jack Grealish - .Nets Thoughts
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 12:28

English players especially young up and coming ones have often been over hyped in the UK media to the extent that we up here frequently end up talking them down a bit as it's often impossible for even very decent players to meet the hype place upon them.

In the case of Grealish I honestly can't decide and was wondering what your views on him are?

In the games I've caught him he's never looked like a £100m plus player but he's love by the Villain's and seems to be highly rated by everyone in and around football.

Third in the PL assist charts this year behind Kane and KDB is certainly not a bad record and 6 goals in 26 isn't bad for a midfielder either.

Have I just been unlucky in the games I've seen and he is top drawer or is he another one that the UK press have over egged? Is it somewhere in between? - As is often often case. What do you guys make of him?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jack Grealish - .Nets Thoughts
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 12:36

I think in a top six team he could be very good and I certainly wouldn`t want him signing for City. The fact that he plays with those half length socks though is a worry.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 12:38

Point of order though. He was also behind Bruno Fernandes in the assist stats.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 12:54

I watched Villa games since McGinnis arrival I think he’s top drawer from what I’ve seen, especially given the players around him aren’t that great (and I’m including SJM in that, who’s at best average)

He’s carried that team a lot and think he’s good enough to get in any team
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 13:02

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 2 Jun 12:38

Point of order though. He was also behind Bruno Fernandes in the assist stats.

Bizarre the BBC synopsis on Google had him third but when I looked at the position he was 4th and they'd inexplicably dropped Fernandes from the positions until you click through to the main site. I stand corrected and thank you!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 13:02

Quote:

DBP, Wed 2 Jun 12:54

I watched Villa games since McGinnis arrival I think he’s top drawer from what I’ve seen, especially given the players around him aren’t that great (and I’m including SJM in that, who’s at best average)

He’s carried that team a lot and think he’s good enough to get in any team

Cheers mate thats really interesting. Ties in with a lot of what others say.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 13:36

I rate him very highly.

Composure, ability to go past players easily, excellent weight of pass and makes good decisions almost all of the time

He would be even better in a top side

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 13:36

He's talked up greatly by the commentators, socks down at his ankles, easily spotted, great target!🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 14:01

I think he`s brilliant - but has a touch of the Le Tissier about him... He needs to move to a bigger team to really fulfill his potential

The way he carries the ball past defenders and can pick a pass is really top drawer.

He really needs to learn to make better decisions outside of football, I think the club really wrap him in cotton wool - but COVID breaches, car crashes etc all just add to the marmite image he has.

But as a player.... he could play for anyone

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 14:07

He was on the list of nominees for Premier League player of the year which was released yesterday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 14:26

Great exciting player, got a bit of steel about him, you rarely get him moaning when he's getting kicked off the park .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 15:54

Usually because it is only a run in his tights Tenruh.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 16:01

I think he`s fabulous, the closest we have come to a Gazza type player since Gazza. Unselfish, skillful, can spot a pass and doesn`t whinge when he`s getting sythed down by the hatchet men.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 16:42

The player in the English premiership who excites me, love watching him play the game. Like all good players he makes it look simple

For my money one of the best in the English Premiership

Hope he’s injured when Scotland play them though

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 17:55

Thanks guys genuinely interested to see different perspectives. General consensus appears to be that I've possibly been under estimating him a bit as I think I preferred Mount and Maddison although Maddison didn't have the best end to the season and obviously didn't make the England squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 18:08

Initially thought he was a primadonna and a bit of a 'luxury player' with the aforementioned socks, languid style and pretty boy haircut.

I think him sticking with Villa after they were relegated and then really knuckling down and getting on with things earned him a but of kudos.

Also you cannot argue with stats. I think he's the most fouled player in the league and, slightly more obscurely, most touches in the opposing teams' half of the pitch.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 19:32

Been thinking about it this afternoon since my last post as I compared to Le Tiss but actually I think he might have more of the Chris Waddle about him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 19:49

Paul Lambert raved about him when he went to Villa.
Grealish was only young ( and stupid )

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Wed 2 Jun 20:04

He is a fantastic player but what I like the most about him is that he always looks like he’s really enjoying himself - football is supposed to be an entertainment and he entertains me (and I say that as someone born in Birmingham who has strong leanings towards the Blues).

Although nowhere near the same standard I used to love watching Tommy Johnson and Dwight Yorke when they played up front together at the Villa - both played with massive smiles on their faces.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 07:51

That works until your team is losing. Then a section of the fans go scatty at them for not caring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 08:19

Grealish is a very talented footballer, who could only improve at a top club, surrounded by better players, with all due respect to Villa's squad.

There are maybe some question marks concerning his attitude and temperament, but he's still quite young and likely to put these behind him as he matures.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net