DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Backroom staff update
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 15:42

Whittaker has retired from playing, becomes a first team coach alongside Greg Shields.

We have also appointed a new head physio and sports scientist
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Backroom staff update
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 15:55

Good to get the backroom sorted and in order, look forward to seeing what Peter has lined up for the squad now!

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 16:07

Yep backroom sorted let the fun begin!! Seriously though it's good for players to know who will be working with them day to day.
Whittaker and Shields have good knowledge to help young players out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 16:14

Does this mean there won't be an assistant manager? Is OFW staying as primary goalkeeping coach?

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 16:28

I hope they have a plan to replace Whittaker. He was a big part in us, generally, being so solid last season.

He played in 24 matches and we only lost 4 of them.

He was conspicuous by his absence in the major debacles at Dens and Starks Park.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 16:32

Surprised Whittaker retired to be honest, thought he had another year in him easy at this level...

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 16:47

I`m actually quite relieved that Whittaker is retiring as a player. When he did play he was an asset but it`s inevitable that at his age he would be available for fewer games next season and we need some stability in midfield. Maybe he`ll be more useful passing his knowledge and experience on to a successor - Paul Allan maybe. It`s refreshing that PG is prepared to work with existing coaching staff rather start from scratch.

The new physio and sports scientist come with good credentials, having previously been with Rangers and Hibs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 17:13

Getting excited here .. Cant wait for next season... good luck and best wishes to all involved

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 17:18

Sounds a good set up but I'll be happier when I see steps being taken to rebuild the squad. I realise PGs only been in a few days though and will want to get all these posts sorted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 17:41

another change of physio is more of a surprise than Whittaker retiring for me, 3rd in 3 or 4 years now.

presuming there is no change with Fon Williams, at least thats the staff sorted, now on to the squad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 3 Jun 18:47

I think thats great news for the club, hopefully it will work well. Looking forward to seeing the players we bring in.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net