DAFC.net
Home 17 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 South America in turmoil
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 12:53

As World Cup qualifiers continue in South America , Argentina drawing with Chile 1-1 the first game Argentina have played since the death of Diego Maradona .
Argentina missing the chance to top the section above Brazil.
Meanwhile the Copa America due to start on the 13th of June.
The rearranged South American international football tournament was initially slated to take place in Colombia and Argentina but both were removed as co-hosts due to street protests and coronavirus infections respectively.
A bid from the United States was turned down and Brazil were given the tournament by CONMEBOL in a last-minute call that is causing a stir.
In Brazil, the COVID death toll in the nation is over 470,000 and a third wave of the pandemic is predicted.
All 28 games are to be played behind closed doors but reports say that a slew of Brazil's main players plying their trade in European football, are threatening to boycott.

Brazil's squad is largely made up of players playing abroad, including the likes of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Alisson Becker, Thiago Silva, Ederson, Richarlison, Roberto Firmino, Fabinho, Fred and Casemiro.
European-based stars delayed training on Thursday as they demand a face-to-face meeting with CONMEBOL chiefs.

Casemiro, the country's caption, refused to attend a press conference in protest .

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jun 12:54)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: South America in turmoil
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 14:07

Absolutely crazy. I did ask why the show must go on, in another thread last week.

Maybe someone can explain it to me now?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Re: South America in turmoil
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 14:13

I can only think that CONMEBOL the federation need the cash from TV and Commercial deals .

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net