DAFC.net
Home 17 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Board statement today
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 15:21

More on the GmBH update and season card (ticket) news etc
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Chairman%E2%80%99s_Statement&ID=13157

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jun 15:23)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Board statement today
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 15:23

Oops

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jun 15:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 15:40

So, I now appeal to as many Pars fans as possible to assist our Club in preparing for the coming season by purchasing a season card.

Wed 9th June.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 15:49

Quality message as ever from the Chairman

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 17:44

I wonder if we will be allocated our own seat or will be be given seats allocated by a chart to ensure distances. I hope that the system will allow families with young children to sit together.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 18:03

Are there any details about the training facility? The Press suggested Fleet Grounds but I don't think the land is even for sale. I wondered if there could be an agreement with the new "Super Campus" at Duloch to share a facility. I'm not sure if Fife College does sports though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 18:06

Frustrating that there was 10,000+ at games in England and Europe recently, and there’ll be 12,000 at Euro 2020 games in Scotland yet Scottish clubs can only get 2000 fans in level 0. Surely level 0 should be no restrictions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 18:10

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Fri 4 Jun 18:06

Frustrating that there was 10,000+ at games in England and Europe recently, and there’ll be 12,000 at Euro 2020 games in Scotland yet Scottish clubs can only get 2000 fans in level 0. Surely level 0 should be no restrictions.

2,000 fans is just the standard level in zero. All clubs can request more, which means submitting a Covid-safe plan. I'd hope the club are planning this to increase capacity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jpg  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 20:19

Jake,it`s the Civil Service complex that the pars are negotiating to buy.According to the chairman`s statement we are almost there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 20:31

Will there be a pitch for Rosyth be part of the plans, if it has a small capacity it could also be used for reserves. Obviously this would add to the cost but Rosyth might want to help, if we get them involved.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jpg  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 20:36

It`s a joint bid by Rosyth and the Pars.A new all weather pitch is part of the plans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 21:48

I just hope these German investors and the board keep to what they are planning.
When the investors get a majority and own the pars then let’s see what happens.
They will have their own plans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:04

The way I am reading the statement, it looks like it will be season card holders who will be t prioritised for getting in to the games . Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank You.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:06

Quote:

steaua, Fri 4 Jun 22:04

The way I am reading the statement, it looks like it will be season card holders who will be t prioritised for getting in to the games . Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank You.

I think thats fair as they have commited funds
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:13

Quote:

steaua, Fri 4 Jun 22:04

and so it should be really
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:16

So people like myself who have put money into the club for 70years, but due to unforeseen commitments cannot afford to commit that amount of money all at once.

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jun 22:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:21

Quote:

steaua, Fri 4 Jun 22:16

So people like myself who have put money into the club for 70years, but due to unforeseen commitments cannot afford to commit that amount of money all at once.

was waiting for that.....thinking some fans are more entitled than others
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:32

Quote:

steaua, Fri 4 Jun 22:16

Pretty much, aye

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:38

I have never ever thought I was entitled to anything from the club and I have never asked for anything from them. Just remembered something from the statement, the stream is still going to be available , not all is lost. I watched every Home and away game this past season, ( except Hearts Away.), so there`s the answer. Thanks for you input folks. COYP.

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jun 22:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 22:47

I don't agree that season ticket holders should get priority .the best way of doing it would be a lottery system for season ticket holders and so many tickets available for pay and the gate fans .

nazpar

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jun 22:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:05

Season ticket holders can and should get priority, same as a big game where season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:15

Nah Season Ticket holders should get priority, they are the ones that are fronting up £300 at the start of the season with no guarantee of getting into the majority of the games and having to watch on streams which on occasion are of poor standard (no offence intended).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:21

I'll raise that to season ticket holders plus Marvelous Marv should get priority.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:23

If any pars fan thinks our German investors are here to be nice and not make a lot of money through owning the club then think again!
They will already have a plan that has been accepted by our current board members.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:34

Quote:

nazpar, Fri 4 Jun 22:47

I don't agree that season ticket holders should get priority .the best way of doing it would be a lottery system for season ticket holders and so many tickets available for pay and the gate fans .

Do the PATG folk go in a lottery as well or would they only have to pay if they get in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:40

It's not clear from that statement if streaming will be available to everyone. It might just be not very well worded but comes across as just for season ticket holders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:49

In this current climate I cannot believe that the club do not offer some element of interest free credit option such as klarna. Such a deal could possibly be beneficial to both fans and the club. Increasing sales.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:49

Quote:

parsfan, Fri 4 Jun 23:40

It's not clear from that statement if streaming will be available to everyone. It might just be not very well worded but comes across as just for season ticket holders.

There will be pay per view so to speak on all games the league had said the other week as has been the case the season just finished.

Clubs won't turn down the extra money from non season ticket holders and also away fans now will they.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:55

Season Ticket holders should get priority but I would also say someone like Marv who has helped raised thousands for the club during admin and the aftermath should be considered also.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Fri 4 Jun 23:59

Quote:

steaua, Fri 04 Jun 22:38

I have never ever thought I was entitled to anything from the club and I have never asked for anything from them. Just remembered something from the statement, the stream is still going to be available , not all is lost. I watched every Home and away game this past season, ( except Hearts Away.), so there`s the answer. Thanks for you input folks. COYP.

Post Edited (Fri 04 Jun 22:43)

If you can afford to buy every stream home and away then buy a season ticket instead of you want to attend the home games ever other week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 00:40

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Fri 4 Jun 23:55

Season Ticket holders should get priority but I would also say someone like Marv who has helped raised thousands for the club during admin and the aftermath should be considered also.

I'm really not doubting that but where do you stop? There are plenty volunteers who help the club. The club will never win where this is concerned

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 02:08

I don't have any issues with the new BoD making money. Hopefully its an investment that benefits everyone. Its about a long term sustainable vision for the club. I think if they wanted to make alot of money there are much better options outside football. I wish them well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 08:23

Offering to season ticket holders is the simplest solution. Getting into a "but what about...?" just complicated matters as you then enter into "well, if such and such gets added then surely this other person/group should be added too?".

Agree with the above about the likes of Klarna. I'm sure there are plenty who can, and do, pay for the stream week in - week out but can't afford the initial outlay of a few hundred quid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 09:00

Season ticket holders should absolutely get entry first in a reduced capacity scenario.

There are very few "perks" attached to our tickets so I don't think this should be grudged by anyone who pays at the gate.

Traditionally ST holders get first dibs on tickets when it's an oversubscribed game for example - not just at our club. This is how most clubs operate.

It doesn't mean anyone is a better fan than anyone else but there has to be the odd (and it IS on rare occasions) benefit to paying up front.

Also I don't believe they're saying the stream will only be available to ST holders - absolutely no chance that's the case!! They're just saying if a ST holder doesn't want to attend, or can't (eg self isolating)they will still have access to watch the game(s).

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 09:51

Don’t agree with you SQ. Perks and grudges is a little unfair. I’ve never owned a season ticket as I’ve never been able to afford it. Yet I watch the Pars every week as a PATG fan.

Your perk is surely your selected seat and the fact that in normal circumstances you have paid for that seat upfront. This is not normal circumstances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 10:02

The club benefits from receiving part of its income in advance. To make it an attractive proposition to fans who are committing their cash unconditionally the club has to offer some `perks` whether it`s a normal season or not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 10:10

Yup it's absolutely not a normal circumstance but they're never going to please everyone in this scenario.

I have every sympathy for anyone who can't afford to pay up front but at the same time, if for example there was a game or games with reduced entry fee - you benefit & we don't so it's swings and roundabouts imo (I know that also happens rarely).

As I said - every club offers perks for paying up front, usually through first dibs on all ticket games, cup finals etc. It's definitely not a case of just paying for a seat.

Exactly wee eck!

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 10:28

2 years ago I bought a Gold season ticket. One of the perks was to gey hospitality for 2, due to season stopping because of Covid I never got them. It was nobodies fault and my health was more important than watching football. I agree with the person who mentioned Klarna it would help some. The only other way would be to pay using a credit card that would help to offset the large payment.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 10:38

It is just a pity that there is not some sort of scheme whereby those that couldn`t afford the upfront season ticket price could buy one on credit with smaller monthly payments they could make (but without such high interest payments as credit cards).

As for the German investors - it appears to me they are rather hoping to over time run and improve the club on a sustainable basis and increase the probability of promotion and becoming an established Premier League club without losing money (rather than looking to extract money from the club). It doesn`t strike me that this is just about money, but rather the fun of a longer-term challenge in sport by people who have all had successful careers (some in sport).

As for EEP - maybe he/she is just trolling, but why does this poster more often than not have to spin everything in such a negative and critical way? The German investors will all have made money in their successful careers. If their primary aim was simply to make more, then there are far better ways to do this. You don`t put money into a Scottish Championship club to make money! Put yourself in their shoes EEP. Just imagine the satisfaction and pleasure you could have knowing you have helped improve the infrastructure and set-up at the club and hopefully also seeing the Pars get promoted and become an established Premier League team, and doing this in a sustainable way in collaboration with the local community? The joy and satisfaction such success would bring (plus the fun of the journey to get there) is surely worth more than just boosting their net worth? You would also have the satisfaction of helping to bring joy into so many other people`s lives. For me the new investors seem motivated by the challenge not the money (just like all current directors, shareholders, PST and Centenary Club contributors).

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jun 11:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 11:25

"It is just a pity that there is not some sort of scheme whereby those that couldn`t afford the upfront season ticket price could buy one on credit with smaller monthly payments they could make (but without such high interest payments as credit cards)."

There is a workaround procedure to fund annually recurring upfront expenses like club memberships and season tickets etc.

Open a dedicated auxiliary (for want of a better word) current account and feed it by standing order each month so that at the end of the year there is a lump sum available to settle membership dues in a single payment.

I reckon a full adult ST is around the £300 - so a monthly standing order of £25 would cover it. The only downside is that it only kicks in after 12 months, so in the first year (only obviously) there is a double whammy of paying the full ST upfront and monthly contributions to your next season`s ST purchase.

Just a suggestion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 11:37

Totally agree with RhinoPars. It really does seem almost a quixotic gesture by the German investors to invest in a mid-ranking Scottish Championship club some of the capital they have accumulated in their successful careers. Ross McArthur and the BoD must have done a fantastic job in persuading them to invest. I hope they do make money out of the project, as the only way I can see that happening is for DAFC to be an established Premiership club.
I would have loved to see the fan ownership model continue, but in all honesty I think it had run its course. It was very successful in digging the club out of the mire of administration and making DAFC respectable again, and those involved are due enormous credit. But there were simply not enough people willing to invest enough time, skills or money for no return to fulfil the club's ambitions, and TBH I suspect most fans are far more interested in what happens on the field than in the boardroom.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 12:36

I couldn't have put it better Stanza.
They will be very clever people if they can make money from their investment but fair play to them if they do as long as the club is taken forward as a result.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 12:39

Quote:

EEP, Fri 4 Jun 23:23

If any pars fan thinks our German investors are here to be nice and not make a lot of money through owning the club then think again!
They will already have a plan that has been accepted by our current board members.....

Make a Lot of money?
Are you having a laugh?

The only owner I can remember in my lifetime making any money, never mind loads of money from owning a Scottish football club is Wee Fergus. And he done that by getting 60,000 punters through the turnstiles every other week. That is around 1800% more fans than we get at EEP

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 15:37

Plus Fergus got a good looking, intelligent wife out of it!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 19:31

I’d also ask how new investors might make a lot of money from getting involved with the club.

Specific details would be interesting.

Wholly unrealistic in my view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 19:54

I thought it was pretty clear what the business strategy was. The investment is to create a DAFC Football Academy, which will be used to nurture and develop young talent in the hope that they can then sell the players, with add ons, as we did with Nisbet.

This is where they hope to make a ROI.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 19:56

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 05 Jun 11:25

"It is just a pity that there is not some sort of scheme whereby those that couldn`t afford the upfront season ticket price could buy one on credit with smaller monthly payments they could make (but without such high interest payments as credit cards)."

There is a workaround procedure to fund annually recurring upfront expenses like club memberships and season tickets etc.

Open a dedicated auxiliary (for want of a better word) current account and feed it by standing order each month so that at the end of the year there is a lump sum available to settle membership dues in a single payment.

I reckon a full adult ST is around the £300 - so a monthly standing order of £25 would cover it. The only downside is that it only kicks in after 12 months, so in the first year (only obviously) there is a double whammy of paying the full ST upfront and monthly contributions to your next season`s ST purchase.

Just a suggestion.

The last element of that I don't think would work. People struggle to put away enough for one season ticket. Also pi55es me off that the TV licence do it this way.
I am not sure but the reason they may not do it is due to Financial authority for credit licence. If they used a klarna type credit facility then it would be an option to begin processing pre season payments from end of May. That way by the end of July when season kicks off. Dafc will have funds from Klarna and supporter will already be almost 1/2 paid up. (Pretty sure Klarna operate at a maximum 6 month payment scheme)
I honestly feel that the club would increase season ticket uptake doing this type of deal.
Only other way around it would be possibly using Amazon to purchase which is similarly like Klarna. Might be an option to do a season ticket and online shop deal with Amazon I have recently made 2 purchases using amazon interest free credit facility. No harm is venturing an enquiry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 20:09

Personally, I think the fans who bought season tickets last season and have basically not had their moneys worth should get priority if they renew. A lot of us paid for it, knowing the risks, but felt supporting the club was important. If I renewed and lost out on a chance to get into the ground for someone who's just bought one in case it's ST only then I'd not be happy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 20:26

I’m sure the board will come up with a fair split between Season Tickets and PATG for home game entry to keep all sides happy (ish)
At the end of the day the important thing is that the club gets the money from either option.
With the new ticketing system you can buy your ticket before hand if you want via an App and present the QR code via your mobile at the gate. So it should be relatively straightforward to manage.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 20:29

Anyone know what other clubs do in terms of offering a credit option, klarna, etc?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 20:30

Again I get put down making a valid comment regarding our German investors wanting to make money.
One big point if they go ahead is a Dunfermline Youth Academy as I’m sure we only have a Fife Elite set up and Iv heard it’s crap… we need a youth structure for boys/girls in fife so they don’t go to the likes off Hibs and hearts.
Some fans are so naive that they think everything is going to be all rosey blah blah but I’m telling you there will be massive changes….. investors want to get their money back and more…it’s a business now and not all who knows who etc… major changes will happen when the investors take over and decisions made with no fan input.
I cant believe so many fans on here have the rose tinted glasses on…..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 20:45

Quote:

EEP, Sat 05 Jun 20:30

Again I get put down making a valid comment regarding our German investors wanting to make money.
One big point if they go ahead is a Dunfermline Youth Academy as I’m sure we only have a Fife Elite set up and Iv heard it’s crap… we need a youth structure for boys/girls in fife so they don’t go to the likes off Hibs and hearts.
Some fans are so naive that they think everything is going to be all rosey blah blah but I’m telling you there will be massive changes….. investors want to get their money back and more…it’s a business now and not all who knows who etc… major changes will happen when the investors take over and decisions made with no fan input.

Only way they will get money back is to bring back the glory days where we can find talent and hopefully sell. We had a good youth system before administration but still not effective enough. Scottish football needs to up the transfer fee's especially when selling to Ugly sister's.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 21:03

Go down to Pitreavie on a weekend and there is scouts looking at players… hearts,Hibs, Celtic and Dundee Utd….where is the Fife Elite scouts?
How is this fife elite set up?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 21:25

Quote:

EEP, Sat 5 Jun 20:30

The only way, repeat, the ONLY way that the investors will make any profit at all is if we start scouting and/or developing our own players and progressing as a club. What a nightmare that sounds. Oh the humanity!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 21:43

Ha so that is the only investment the new board has come in for??
We will see…. I’m honestly shocked by how some supporters are taken in with this “hey German fans” approach……. Once Ross our main guy has gone then no fans can moan about anything!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 21:48

What's their master plan to make money out of Dunfermline Athletic then? I'm genuinely interested how they manage it without getting the club into the Premier League and selling players to English clubs for a profit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 21:56

Well why put money into DAFC?
These guys are investors and there is a massive reason they are putting money into the club……. We will see AND there has to be a reason they will get their money back and more…. I predict EEP will be on sale within the next year???

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 22:01

Why does everyone see these investors as the helping saviour of dafc?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 22:08

Quote:

EEP, Sat 5 Jun 22:01

Why does everyone see these investors as the helping saviour of dafc?

Because as a fan owned club in the Championship we cannot sustain full time football.
If not the Germans ,we must have outside investment as long as we continue in the Championship

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 22:23

They don't own East End Park.

Even if they did, what's the master plan to sell it? Who is going to buy it? I don't quite see the potential cash cow for a builder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 22:32

Yep, my understanding is a separate entity owns the ground with protected lease back to the club. Might have that understanding a bit skewed though. Someone like Stanza will know. I'm putting the bat-sign out for him. STANZA!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 22:41

Quote:

EEP, Sat 5 Jun 21:56

Well why put money into DAFC?
These guys are investors and there is a massive reason they are putting money into the club……. We will see AND there has to be a reason they will get their money back and more…. I predict EEP will be on sale within the next year???

They don't own EEP. They were offered it and turned it down.

Post Edited (Sat 05 Jun 22:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 22:58

Aye but maybe EEP is "in the know"....
Ye ken 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 22:58

"One big point if they go ahead is a Dunfermline Youth Academy as I’m sure we only have a Fife Elite set up and Iv heard it’s crap… we need a youth structure for boys/girls in fife so they don’t go to the likes off Hibs and hearts."

Falkirk tried the Youth Academy approach not so many years ago - it became a massive drain on their finances and had to be ditched.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jun 22:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 23:03

Falkirk also tried bathing in soapy water once and didn't like it. Doesn't mean it can't work for others.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 23:04

Honestly and I will say again investors expect money back… you can slate me all you like but 1 year from now I’ll accept all apologies!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 23:13

Investors don't expect their money back in a year.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 23:16

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 5 Jun 22:58

"One big point if they go ahead is a Dunfermline Youth Academy as I’m sure we only have a Fife Elite set up and Iv heard it’s crap… we need a youth structure for boys/girls in fife so they don’t go to the likes off Hibs and hearts."

Falkirk tried the Youth Academy approach not so many years ago - it became a massive drain on their finaces and had to be ditched.

Looks like a great move on their behalf too. They've really kicked on ever since.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 5 Jun 23:54

So EEP there master plan is to sell a ground they don’t own!
Surely they have already lost a massive part of there profits by investing at all? They should have just sold it before investing, lost of Nigerian political figures have cash they need to move on!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 00:05

The German investors, once they put in the next tranche of money, will own 75.1% of DAFC Ltd, ie the football club.
As others have said, EEP is owned by a completely different company Pars United (East End Park) Ltd, which has a smallish group of shareholders, most or all of whom are long-standing Pars fans. PUEEP Ltd receives an annual rental from DAFC Ltd for the use of the stadium.
DAFC Fussball GmbH has been granted an option to purchase PUEEP Ltd from the existing shareholders by May 2024, once it owns 75.1% of DAFC Ltd. My impression is that they're in no great rush to exercise that option, but of course I could be wrong.
Even if EEP ownership changes, that wouldn't change any planning restrictions on use of the land.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 00:12

😜

Post Edited (Sun 06 Jun 00:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 00:34

There we are, thank you.

It's common knowledge that Wikipedia reads Stanza on its lunch hour.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 01:14

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sun 6 Jun 00:34
It's common knowledge that Wikipedia reads Stanza on its lunch hour.

Nah, Wiki just reads the club's official website ... :)
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Open_Letter_and_full_Q&A_from_DAFC_Chairman_following_today%E2%80%99s_exciting_news&ID=12546

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 07:33

If you look at how last years season ticket holders were making an investment into the club then it’s only right that they should be given priority entry this season

The season ticket worked out at around £17 - £18 per game yet when you consider the games which were shown live on TV then that figure must realistically be around £22-£23 per game (figures are my estimation, if someone has actual figures then please feel free to provide accurate info)

Those who did not have a season ticket and paid for the home games on a match by match basis paid £12 and nothing in the weeks where the games were shown live on TV

Even those wishing to make an argument for being in a ballot situation for entry must next year regardless of season ticket or not cannot maintain their case on those figures

Season ticket holders always have and always will be given priority when it comes to limited capacity

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 14:00

Nobody invests with a view to losing money although some are not as troubled as others when they do. As people have said they don`t own the ground, it is an option, but does not have to be exercised. They have probably bought at a good price, however, and they are unable to own a club outright in Germany. The only way they can make money, in my opinion, is to make the club worth more over time. That is investing in infrastructure like the training ground and taking the club forward. It won`t mean spending much more in wages and transfers but if it means developing more youngsters and bringing in quality young players from abroad then I am up for it. I am not sure why everybody thinks there is load of money in the land on Halbeath Road that the ground sits on but I don`t know a lot about land value currently around Fife so I am open to people letting me know. Alternatively, if there is some untapped fossil fuel under EEP then I reserve the right to change my mind.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 18:34

The land at EEP is nigh on worthless unless Morrisons want it. Look at what the Pilmuir Works sold for. Pennies and that's a far better site.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 19:39

Quote:

jake89, Sun 06 Jun 18:34

The land at EEP is nigh on worthless unless Morrisons want it. Look at what the Pilmuir Works sold for. Pennies and that's a far better site.

Supermarkets aren’t building bug outlets any more.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 21:45

Eh the land EEP sits on would be prime time for new house builds….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 21:57

Graveyard, car garage, Aldi and a busy road (one of the most polluted in Scotland). Prime?

Also not zoned for residential building and plenty better housing sites across the town with consents in place.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Jun 22:05

Cost of demolition, logistics of doing so on Halbeath Rd...

If our German investors have looked Europe wide for the best asset stripping opportunity to make a financial killing - and have ended up concluding that buying Dunfermline Athletic is their best bet, I'd be a bit surprised.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 04:43

Spending 2 years looking round Europe for a club, then buying the Pars to knock down EEP makes very little sense. The complexities and relatively low returns just don`t make it worth it. You`d also buy the ground as soon as you could (unless you think land prices will fall, but if you do, then your returns will also fall when you sell them as houses).

If that was their plan, surely they`d buy a non-League club in the South of England, where property values are much higher?

Perhaps (particularly Keretic`s IMG background), their ambitions are broader? For example, if the future of the game is football groups and feeder clubs (like the Man City model), then maybe their plan is to build a club that can be part of a bigger group?

If you wanted to do that, you`d not be too worried about the stadium (especially when you are priority tenant, paying a favourable rent, in a relatively modern stadium that is as big as you`re likely to need). Stadia are a big cost - not having that cost might be a bonus?

Instead, you`d look for a club that is accessible to transport (motorway and airport), close to a city that players will want to live (Edinburgh), doesn`t have any debt and is a fairly decent league (SPFL is pretty well regarded, despite what people in Scotland think).

Once you have the club, you invest in the facilities (particularly a training ground and youth facilities) and appoint a coach that is well regarded at bigger clubs (I have no idea if PG falls into this category, but he has coached at Premiership level).

Once you do that, you can start talking to the bigger clubs to be their Scottish "club" - you get access to better players and coaches and everything grows from there!

It`s a little bit "build it and they will come", but on current evidence, they don`t seem to be trying to run the club into the ground and asset strip, nor are they chucking big money at signings trying to get out of the Championship, nor are they signing up German 4th division cross a la Claude Anelka!

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 05:33

I doubt they would be interested in EEP. I thought they had already stated their aims to develop the club longer term. The assets at the club are basically the players. If you invest and develop the players successfully you would make more money from a single player than you would selling EEP. The investors are serious people with a plan for the sustainable future of the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 09:32

I think their investment in the Pars makes a lot of sense for a number of reasons.
Cheaper to buy than a club in England but still with access to that market for selling players. You have the old firm where you can sell on players that are not quite at premiership level but with the right sell on clause they may be in the future. Dunfermline in Scottish terms have a big support and potential in terms of ticket sales and merchandise. Finally, and I would imagine the hardest bit to find, is a club with the right current owners. If you shell out circa £1 million for an investment and the owners pocket it and bolt you are at a loss right away. In this situation (speaking in very simple terms) they pay a million which we will say is market value and the owners use £800,000 to set up a training ground and academy so your "investment" is immediately worth £1.8 million. That is being cynical and not taking account of the fact that they wanted a family club with the right values but those things are more marketable.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 09:46

The other point to add to that is that we were/are well run and didn't have any real levels of debt. The investors weren't picking up a basket case. Covid won't have helped but the board made the decision to reduce the playing budget rather than risk the long term future of the club again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 10:16

BoApar is probably not too wide of the mark?

Are you still in NZ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 11:22

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 7 Jun 10:16

BoApar is probably not too wide of the mark?

I agree. That's a very plausible scenario and one that can only benefit DAFC. I guess it will all become clearer when the new investors are able to be onsite and meet face-to-face again.

Anyone who thinks Ross and the other directors, all experienced business people and long-term Pars fans, have lined up a deal that will damage the club's long-term future, cannot know them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 12:48

I too can't really see what sort of scheme the investors would be running to get money out of the club, especially considering they are funding new facilities. If we manage to develop players and sell them on, by all means they should get their share of the profits for making that happen.

As others have said, in the grand scheme of European football the Scottish game is pretty cheap for investment, that you wouldn't be able to do in England or other top European nations unless you had a lot more financial backing. The club has a good size of current support and the potential for many more. There's no reason with added funds the club couldn't replicate something similar to what St Johnstone/Motherwell etc have done. As long as it's sustainable and sets the club up for the future I'm all for it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigfoot  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 13:48

The German buy-out is an interesting one.

I, like others, am unsure of their intentions in the medium to long term.

I know Ross from when we were at school together and a truer Pars fan you will not meet. He stepped into the club when it was in turmoil and steered us out of oblivion. That must take it`s toll.

Perhaps he and the board feel that they have taken the club as far as they can.

Whatever the reason, assuming the majority shareholding acquisition proceeds, it will leave us back in the hands of the few.

And that worries me. Until we understand fully the intentions it is difficult not to be concerned.

Jesus saves, but Kirk nets rebound
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigfoot  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 13:59

I found this in a German article - sorry I can`t do links

But a key paragraph is near the bottom which states

One reason why the choice fell on Scotland: There is no 50 + 1 restriction like in Germany or Austria. Keretic explains: "We want to be able to determine without anyone being able to intervene."

Source
https://twnews.it/de-news/ex-pauli-profi-jetzt-investor-meggle-schnappt-sich-schotten-klub

Jesus saves, but Kirk nets rebound
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 14:19

https://twnews.it/de-news/ex-pauli-profi-jetzt-investor-meggle-schnappt-sich-schotten-klub

And a translation of the above:

Teller adds: "We want to bring added value to the club through our know-how from the different areas from which we come."

Means: The association should not be whipped up with fat injections of money in the shortest possible time - but rather grow to success with the help of investors.

Two years passed from the idea to implementation. Clubs were being looked for across Europe.

One reason why the choice fell on Scotland: There is no 50 + 1 restriction like in Germany or Austria. Keretic explains: "We want to be able to determine without anyone being able to intervene."

The four investors will incorporate their various expertise into the operational business. Meggle`s job will include helping with transfers with his network - although he does not officially act as a manager.

Dunfermline doesn`t have a scouting department, coach Stevie Crawford brings in the players he knows. And money is tight, despite investors. The main source of income are the spectators (which are still banned in Scotland). Dunfermline had 4000 fans on average with 11,480 seats last.

The goal: to attract young players with potential to Dunfermline and, with sporting success, increase both the transfer value of the players and the value of the club (and the shares). Whereby Meggle emphasizes: "Our investment does not have an overriding financial interest!"

Post Edited (Mon 07 Jun 16:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 15:35

Good read bigfoot but right at the very end it says ,

" Whereby Meggle emphasizes: "Our investment does not have an overriding financial interest!"

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 15:39

I am sure they were open about that in articles here. You are not allowed to own a controlling amount in Germany and that is positive if your game is healthy and you can still get investment. If I win the euromillions and want to buy the pars I wouldn`t be putting significant money into the pars or anyone else without having the deciding say in how it was spent or which direction we were going in. Only time will tell if this is positive or negative and we as pars fans should be cautious as we have been burned before. That said I don`t think there is the cause to be as immediately suspicious as some have been and certainly not about houses popping up on EEP. Lets see what happens and judge as we go.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 15:46

Surely this quote is the most significant;

'The goal: to attract young players with potential to Dunfermline and, with sporting success, increase both the transfer value of the players and the value of the club (and the shares). Whereby Meggle emphasizes: "Our investment does not have an overriding financial interest!"'

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 18:13

Quote:

Mr Mac, Mon 07 Jun 15:46

Surely this quote is the most significant;

'The goal: to attract young players with potential to Dunfermline and, with sporting success, increase both the transfer value of the players and the value of the club (and the shares). Whereby Meggle emphasizes: "Our investment does not have an overriding financial interest!"'

This quote should end all speculation. If deviated from then there may well be issue's.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 21:03

Post Edited (Mon 07 Jun 22:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 21:40

"Are you still in NZ?"

Yup - the timezone makes watching games a nightmare (2am or 4am kick off), so I don`t offer much opinion on the playing side these days. Bus to away games takes a while too!!

My previous post is pure speculation, but it seems like the future of the club is secure in the medium term, and that is probably the best we can hope for in a Covid world!

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 21:51

Quote:

AlfonzoBonzo, Mon 7 Jun 21:03

steaua- I just read that you’re not in a position to buy one this season due to unforeseen circumstances. If you want one, I’ll buy you it and arrange for it to be left in your ‘office’. Just say. You’d owe me nothing and you don’t need to know who I am, so it saves feeling awkward. I’m just some nob on dot net

Very generous gesture & fully deserved for her hard work. Would have thought the club could have done likewise!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 21:57

AlfonzoBonzo. that is a very generous offer and I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. My two girls have advised me tonight that they are going to buy me one , but your generosity has touched me big time. Thanks again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 22:09

From the Club statement , it would appear they are going to offer finance help to buy a season card, so that is good and will help the less fortunate to obtain a card.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 22:10

Lovely gesture, AB.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 22:13

Ok no problem. Just wanted to ensure you could get to games after all you’ve given

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Levrad  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 22:39

AlfonzoBonzo`s offer just shows all the good that goes on around our club. However when we consider the effort Steaua puts in for the club I would have thought she should have a lifetime pass.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 7 Jun 23:49

I would agree with that, Marv should definitely have a entry into the ground for free whenever she wants. No one has put as much into the club as she has over the years.
A fantastic gesture by Alfonso Bonzo too
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 10:46

There was a monthly payment option a couple of season ago through a credit Union however it meant you paid an extra £70 or so. For years I’ve always wondered why we haven’t offered a monthly payment structure that also auto-purchased cup games etc. Personally think, with the modern world, you’d have tons of people happy to pay £25/£30pm. The club don’t even need a Klarna type product. I pay my golf membership by standing order ( I’m even trusted to set it up on my own) and have to sign a minimum contact of 12 months (so I don’t cancel in the winter, we could do the same). If Canmore golf club can offer it then Dunfermline surely can!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 11:19

Pure class Alfonso.

Steaua that’s great news.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 11:40

Isn`t it the case the club can`t offer credit facilities due to our being in administration? Also fan owned structure (can`t build up debt)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 11:52

neils wrote:

> Isn`t it the case the club can`t offer credit facilities due to
> our being in administration? Also fan owned structure (can`t
> build up debt)
>
> I’m here to take over!!

It doesn’t have to be a credit agreement, I could be a mutual contractual agreement. If you miss a payment at the beginning of the month then you forfeit.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 13:24

There would be a large admin cost to administer such a scheme.

Also think there is an issue regarding the VAT on the income. This would need to be paid up front by the club, even though they hadn’t received the income creating a negative cash flow.

Not saying that these aren’t things than can be resolved, but with the lack of credit facilities together with the above is why the option isn’t provided.

If it was easy the club would do it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 14:00

I have been in at the Hub today and I would like to pass this on. There will be finance facilities coming for the people who would like to pay a monthly amount for a season card. I know this has been mentioned in the statement, but I did ask today re this. Cheers folks.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 14:30

Quote:

steaua, Tue 08 Jun 14:00

I have been in at the Hub today and I would like to pass this on. There will be finance facilities coming for the people who would like to pay a monthly amount for a season card. I know this has been mentioned in the statement, but I did ask today re this. Cheers folks.

Thanks Steaua, i don't have enough time off to get to EEP as much as I would like. Also being a contractor need to have savings to fall back on if things go belly up. So this is ideal for me to be able to pay for one and contribute towards club going forward.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 14:38

I know that I've been offered time to buy something. It's done by cheque. You sign perhaps 6 cheques and date them for future months. These are then cashed on the pre-written dates.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 16:02

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Tue 08 Jun 14:38

I know that I've been offered time to buy something. It's done by cheque. You sign perhaps 6 cheques and date them for future months. These are then cashed on the pre-written dates.

I think the whole point of encouraging season ticket sales is for the club to get the cash in early.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 16:56

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/fraser-murray-reportedly-considering-hibs-20767647.amp

Don't think this will work out if Murray still under contract until 2023, According to this he is seeking to get out of hibs to play more. Say's we are frontrunners but also that English div 2 teams also interested.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 17:11

Cheques are long gone. A direct debate mandate is extremely simple to produce and manage.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 17:26

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Tue 8 Jun 14:38

when was the last time any of us paid anything by cheque lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 17:52

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Tue 08 Jun 14:38

Fantastic offer by AlfonzoBonzo and glad to hear Steaua is sorted.

Just as an aside, EEAP, forward dating a cheque has no legal weighting and therefore wouldn’t prevent the holder from (attempting to) cash these.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 18:21

Every year when I go to Classic car shows and Caravan rallies I have to send cheques plus some Classic car clubs have to take cheques.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 18:27

Very few places take cheques these days. I couldn't even tell you where my cheque book is...or if I even have one!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 18:50

Quote:

PARS207, Tue 8 Jun 17:26

when was the last time any of us paid anything by cheque lol

A year ago, for my season ticket. The website just couldn't deal with renewing an adult, two U12s and three plaques and I couldn't make it there to pay in person. Hopefully the new system will be a bit better.

It doesn't seem that long ago they were asking us to use cheques, as one of the options, instead of credit cards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 20:19

If an organisation is only accepting payment by cheque - you need to advise them that funds can be transferred almost immediately by Faster Payment between accounts - which is now routine for all major financial institutions.

Doesn`t work if you have no PC or tablet etc. though.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net