DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 France v Germany
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:03

Games don't come much bigger than this, even if it's a group match rather than a knockout. Portugal's emphatic win over Hungary will concentrate the minds of both teams and neither is likely to want to settle for a point.

France may be the bookies favourites but I have a hunch the Germans will make home advantage count and edge a close encounter.

2-1 Germany.

Anybody know why France is designated as the the home team although the game is in Munich?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: France v Germany
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:05

I just canโ€™t see anything other than a France win. Benzema, Mbappe, Giroud, Greizmann, Pogba, Kante etc, they have some team.

Post Edited (Tue 15 Jun 19:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:10

I've went 2 2 on the predictor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:15

Apparently France haven`t lost in their last 5 visits to Germany(W3 D2).Dietmar Hamann was on the Royal Ascot coverage earlier and he predicted a France win although Germany were favourites to win this match when I looked earlier.I`ve gone 2-1 France on the predictor but wouldn`t be surprised at any outcome.Just hoping for a good game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:27

Anybody know why France is designated as the the home team although the game is in Munich?

Must be due to the strips GG. Same with Croatia when we are at Hampden I am sure.

I kinda expect France to win this one. Germany draw Denmark beat by north Macedonia and beat Iceland 3-0 I recent home games. I am going for a in form and squad depth of the French in this one 3-1 to France

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:31

Quote:

Berry, Tue 15 Jun 19:05

I just canโ€™t see anything other than a France win. Benzema, Mbappe, Giroud, Greizmann, Pogba, Kante etc, they have some team.

France have the most talented squad at the Euros - by some distance - but we all know that the best team on paper doesn't always win the tournament. I wouldn't be too surprised if France do win tonight, but the Germans have a habit of grinding out good results when it really matters. When France have won the WC and the Euros in the past, they've managed to avoid the Germans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:37

Really wish ITV/STV would bolt. Half the build up for the 2 gamaes has been more dicks in their hands content regarding England. Its so boring. Even talking about the Scotland vs England game in 96 it's US vs Them

Post Edited (Tue 15 Jun 19:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:44

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 15 Jun 19:37

Really wish ITV/STV would bolt. Half the build up for the 2 gamaes has been more dicks in their hands content regarding England. Its so boring. Even talking about the Scotland vs England game in 96 it's US vs Them

I feel sorry for you, Andrew. I'm going to watch it on an Italian channel to avoid that nonsense, but the best thing to do is not tune in before 8 pm.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:46

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 15 Jun 19:44

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 15 Jun 19:37

I feel sorry for you, Andrew. I'm going to watch it on an Italian channel to avoid that nonsense, but the best thing to do is not tune in before 8 pm.

I'm quite envious honestly. Worst part was that was actually on the STV player. If they beat us on Friday it's going to be insufferable
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:46

STV will be piggy-backing on the ITV feed so it's to be expected. TBH, as much as it's annoying, I'm sure German, Portuguese, French etc TV do the same. The difference is they don't share networks with their neighbours.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:52

Quote:

jake89, Tue 15 Jun 19:46

STV will be piggy-backing on the ITV feed so it's to be expected. TBH, as much as it's annoying, I'm sure German, Portuguese, French etc TV do the same. The difference is they don't share networks with their neighbours.

You can add Italian TV to that list. I just tuned in and they're wittering on about Italy v Switzerland tomorrow night.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 19:53

Auf Gehts Deutschland

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 20:01

My Grandfather was a French Submariner war hero so Vive la France ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 20:55

It's been a rather disappointing game so far, hasn't really taken off. France look comfortable with their 1-0 lead and Germany don't appear to be in the mood to grind out a positive result.

Hope I'm wrong but I can see a goalless 2nd half.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 21:03

France are a slick side who close down space quicker than any other team I`ve seen in the tournament. They turn over so much ball in midfield that a breakaway goal from Mbappe looks likely. Along with Italy they`ve looked the two strongest sides on a first viewing.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 21:49

Lloris doesn`t always convince but the French back 4 have been superb so far tonight for all it`s usually their midfield and attack that get the plaudits.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 06:00

I was left questioning why we have linesmen at all after the two clearly offside rulings. The linesmen was the only person not to have seen those decisions and the earpiece be the only thing that was keeping him awake. Frustrating for everyone. I found it odd that even after scoring, celebrating and starting to head back to the centre circle that the players didnโ€™t have more of a problem with it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 06:56

"I was left questioning why we have linesmen at all after the two clearly offside rulings. The linesmen was the only person not to have seen those decisions and the earpiece be the only thing that was keeping him awake. Frustrating for everyone. I found it odd that even after scoring, celebrating and starting to head back to the centre circle that the players didnโ€™t have more of a problem with it."

I think they are instructed to keep their flags down until the conclusion of the move, parsmad. It is annoying when you think your team has scored a good goal and it gets chalked off, as happened to France twice last night, but the thinking is that players from both sides can be distracted by a wrongly raised early flag.

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Tue 15 Jun 20:55

"It`s been a rather disappointing game so far, hasn`t really taken off. France look comfortable with their 1-0 lead and Germany don`t appear to be in the mood to grind out a positive result.

Hope I`m wrong but I can see a goalless 2nd half."

It`s hard to be humble when you`re as good as I am.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

ETA - France appeared to be playing in 2nd or 3rd gear for most of the game. Germany are certainly not the force they were. Their strikers were quite powder puff against the rock solid French defence.

Post Edited (Wed 16 Jun 07:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 07:58

What was that greenpeace numpty thinking

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 08:14

Dave67 - just read about that , I was watching the game and never noticed it , either I nodded off or the cameras deliberately avoided showing it? I do recall I noticed a crowd roar that seemed utterly disconnected with the game but dont recall the commentators even mentioning it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 08:25

"It`s hard to be humble when you`re as good as I am.... ๐Ÿ˜‰"

What was your pre game predicted score again GG ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‹

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 09:22

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 16 Jun 06:56

"I was left questioning why we have linesmen at all after the two clearly offside rulings. The linesmen was the only person not to have seen those decisions and the earpiece be the only thing that was keeping him awake. Frustrating for everyone. I found it odd that even after scoring, celebrating and starting to head back to the centre circle that the players didnโ€™t have more of a problem with it."

I think they are instructed to keep their flags down until the conclusion of the move, parsmad. It is annoying when you think your team has scored a good goal and it gets chalked off, as happened to France twice last night, but the thinking is that players from both sides can be distracted by a wrongly raised early flag.

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Tue 15 Jun 20:55

"It`s been a rather disappointing game so far, hasn`t really taken off. France look comfortable with their 1-0 lead and Germany don`t appear to be in the mood to grind out a positive result.

Hope I`m wrong but I can see a goalless 2nd half."

It`s hard to be humble when you`re as good as I am.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

ETA - France appeared to be playing in 2nd or 3rd gear for most of the game. Germany are certainly not the force they were. Their strikers were quite powder puff against the rock solid French defence.

They are and I thought the lineman flagged on both occasions after the goal was scored which is what they were supposed to do? They definitely flagged one of them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 09:32

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 16 Jun 08:25

"It`s hard to be humble when you`re as good as I am.... ๐Ÿ˜‰"

What was your pre game predicted score again GG ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‹

Ach, you could have recouped your losses and more with an in play bet at half-time, TOWK. ๐Ÿ™‚ I'd seen enough by half time to know the Germans weren't likely to score and the French were happy to manage the game for a 1-0.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
ยฉ 2021-- DAFC.net