DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 NIKOLAY TODOROV SIGNS
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:05

2 Year Deal ...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: NIKOLAY TODOROV SIGNS
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:09

An excellent signing. We havent seen a target man striker fir a while.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:12

Not had a player like him in a wee while, decent signing imo...

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:13

I am delighted that we have signed him. I had just read that he was away from Inverness when my phone rang, it was my son telling me that he had been signed. Brilliant, welcome to the club Nikolay.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:20

Selling McManus for 60k and bringing in Nikolay on a free is a good bit of business

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:21

That’s an upgrade on our former striker for me.

Right out of the blue too!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:34

Yep pleased with this. Welcome to the club!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:38

All signings are a risk but on paper at least this looks like a very shrewd move. Looks like he's averaging 1 in 3/4 and is different from what we have already so hopefully he'll do well and can up his strike rate if he gets a run of games. Welcome to the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 13:38

Decent goal record with ICT in the last 2 years so looks like a very decent signing.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 14:28

part of McNamara`s group it looks like, certainly a different option to O`Hara and Wighton although who fits best with who will be interesting to see. I know Grant talked up McCann in his first interview, i still think loaning him out is the best option and more so with Todorov coming in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 14:50

ICT fan I know, was under the impression it was Dundee or Livy he was going to, impressed if have beat off the 2. Welcome Toddie

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 14:52

Seen him last week getting shown around his new pad near myself as mentioned on another thread. But me being useless at knowing who platers are unless they've played for us or moved to us 😆
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 15:57

He has an interesting c.v. He first came to the UK on a scholarship in 2011 and, after playing college football, signed for Nottingham Forest. He went on loan to non-league clubs but was released in 2016 and joined Hearts. He had loan spells at Cowden, Livi and QOS but in 2018 joined Italian Serie C side, Rieti. In January 2019 he signed for Falkirk but left at the end of the season to join ICT. He`s been capped for Bulgaria under 21s and married a Scottish girl in Jan 2019.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 17:26

Nikolay Todorov = Son of God(orov)

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 22:09

Good old fashioned target man……..

Okay good start…………next.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 22:16

Looks like he could be a good signing. I’m trying to think of the last time we had a target man

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 15 Jun 22:36

Struggling to think of one since Andy Barrowman possibly? Gozie Ugwu was a fair lump too but not many spring to mind recently. A good option to have especially in this league through the winter months when sometimes the playing conditions dictate that you need to go longer. I thought we struggled as soon as poorer conditions arrived last season and we were too easy to defend against.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 01:45

I`ve got a friend that`s an ICT fan. Not happy about them letting him go at all, which seems to be a good sign.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 01:57

Apparently offered a contract extension but turned it down to move to the central belt. General consensus on the ICT board is that he'll be a loss although it was just a few opinions. Hopefully good news for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 07:44

What about Graham Bayne around 2008-2010?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 07:59

Kirk 'n' Bayne - the nirvana of strike forces.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 08:53

Couple of good interviews in The Courier...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2310907/nikolay-todorov-dunfermline-international-dream-bulgaria-kevin-nisbet/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2310787/dunfermline-nikolay-todorov-iain-davidson-abuse-guilty-verdict/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&&__twitter_impression=true
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 09:06

It`s interesting that this signing came completely out of the blue. I don`t recall any mention of it in the media or even by the `insiders` on here who usually tip us off about imminent signings. On the other hand the much-touted signing of Isaac Rice has still not happened.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 10:44

Wonder if he`ll be as good as Andy Tod(orov)?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 10:50

^^^^^
Hilarious... You should do stand up 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 11:13

Someone on the pars forum in pie and bovril posted a few hours before it happened that he expected 2 signings to be announced yesterday - Todorov being 1 of them.

Supposedly going off P&B Todorov was all set for Ayr and was even at there ground for talks. We seem to have moved fast after letting McManis going.

A massive factor appears to be the fact he wants to move back near to Edinburgh so win for us. Hopefully the start of a few more new faces

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 11:21

It’s a bit of a sideways signing in terms of quality and I’m actually not convinced he’s better than the man he’s replacing. I hope I’m wrong but don’t see this as a player that’s going to get us out of this league. Remember what happened a few years ago when we signed loads of journeymen like Hippolyte and Durnan?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 11:34

I always remembered him playing centre back for some reason and then latterly being a bit of a handful playing up front for Livingston when they played that ultra direct (but very effective) style under Hopkin a few years ago.

Gives us something different going forward, hopefully type of player we have been missing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 12:08

Quote:

squish, Wed 16 Jun 11:21

It’s a bit of a sideways signing in terms of quality and I’m actually not convinced he’s better than the man he’s replacing. I hope I’m wrong but don’t see this as a player that’s going to get us out of this league. Remember what happened a few years ago when we signed loads of journeymen like Hippolyte and Durnan?

In terms of levels of performance for us only time will tell but he's got a different skill set from anyone we had previously. McManus is much closer in style to Wighton and O'Hara than Toddy is so hopefully the option will allow us to vary the play a bit and if we are going long ball when we're under pressure hopefully Toddy is better equipped to compete than McManus (and our other strikers to be fair) was.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 13:54

Is it just my imagination, or did he suffer a few injuries last season? Seem to remember he scored a cracker against us at Inverness then went off injured and was out for a while. Might be wrong though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 14:04

Wasn`t it Miles Storey who scored against us at Inverness?

According to wikipedia Todorov scored 11 goals in 32 appearances last season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 14:16

No, Wee Eck. Just checked the archive on COWS and (for once) my memory didn’t let me down. Storey wasn’t available that game. Todorov scored then was substituted injured in the 19th minute. But his CV - also on COWS - says he played most of ICT’s games last season so looks like I am wittering about him being regularly injured. Anyway, based on what I saw of him he impressed me so potentially a good signing.

Post Edited (Wed 16 Jun 14:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 14:23

It was first game of the season but it was at East End and not at Inverness.He did come off injured but scored for them the next week so obviously wasn`t a serious one. He started 22 games for them and came off the bench 26 times. The good news is he scored half his goals for them in the last month of the season so obviously in good form.

Post Edited (Wed 16 Jun 14:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Jun 14:51

We only played ICT once at Inverness last season and it was a midweek game on Tuesday 29 December. Kyle Turner put us ahead in the first half and Miles Storey equalised with a looping shot from well outside the box in the second half. According to the match report on COWS Todorov replaced Storey after 85 minutes.

As parathletic says Todorov opened the scoring at EEP in the first league game of the season.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net