DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Parking At Spartans
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 11:53

Not been to game at Spartans before so wondering what the car parking situation is like? Parking at Morrisons guess be a no no?

Post Edited (Tue 22 Jun 11:56)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Parking At Spartans
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 12:07

Can`t help with your query I`m afraid. I`m just here to say how nice it is to see a parking post for a game again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 12:46

Pars 207, I've had a look at Google earth. I can see parking areas near the ground. Hopefully we will get parked in one of these!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 12:47

just wouldnt fancy parking on the pilton side..... rough as !! lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 12:58

There is parking at the leisure centre next door
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 13:29

Not at the moment there's not. They are using it as a vaccine centre. So, no parking. Play 7's there and we're told that you have to park on the street. Good luck with that btw and yep, RAF

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 13:41

Quote:

Big T Par, Tue 22 Jun 13:29

Not at the moment there's not. They are using it as a vaccine centre. So, no parking. Play 7's there and we're told that you have to park on the street. Good luck with that btw and yep, RAF

There's is parking there, just not as much as there was before due to Covid testing (I'm there twice a week for kids stuff, sometimes in car). That time of night I expect there'll be space available, just need to get in early enough.

Also plenty of street parking.

I think Morrisons would be okay. I've never noticed signs there, but never looked either. There's no need for them to be restrictive, too far out for commuters to abuse and Spartans don't draw that much of a crowd.

There's a pub/hotel/gym across the road from Morrisons - they also have parking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 13:47

We were told different mate. We play at 9 o'clock in the evening and got told to park on the street. Might have changed since last week

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 18:56

Yeah, I think they like to discourage it. Spartans have been saying that since kids football stated up again in March. They controlled the whole carpark until the leisure centre reopened a month or so later - now it's just as it was before, apart from a big chunk taken out for Covid testing.

There are signs saying that if you're there for a test you should park in the street, that suggests to me it's fair game if you're there for the facilities. That might officially just be for the leisure centre as Spartans have their own wee carpark that they control quite strictly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 19:35

There’s parking in East Fettes Avenue off Ferry Road, wee bit less of a worry than parking in Pilton. Not take 5 minutes to walk to the ground.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 19:43

Sure Morrison`s have a time limit most supermarkets do

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsgooner  
Date:   Wed 23 Jun 12:06

Arneil Drive is a good spot, it backs onto the pitch. The cycle path that runs alongside leads to the Pilton Drive turnstiles. It`s not a rough area like the rest of Pilton.

Forever the Big team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cu-Par  
Date:   Wed 23 Jun 12:16

Can you pay for entry at the turnstile?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Jun 12:56

Quote:

Cu-Par, Wed 23 Jun 12:16

Can you pay for entry at the turnstile?

nope online advance tickets only where get email with QR code to present at gate.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net