DAFC.net
Home 26 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Timings of Benzema goals.
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 08:40

Something weird happened with the timing of Benzema's two goals last night.
His first was a penalty in injury time and was scored with 46.44 on the clock.
He then scored early in the second half and again the time on the clock was 46.44
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Timings of Benzema goals.
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 08:57

Was Marty in the crowd?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 09:40

Somebody correct me if wrong - each half is considered to last 45 minutes.

Time added replaces that lost for injuries etc., so that there is still 45 minutes of time of normal play regardless.

The second period kicks off at 0:45 minutes, so that goal was scored on 1 minute and 44 seconds of the second half.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 09:49

Goals scored in added time are described as 45+1, 45+2, 90+1. 90+2, etc to avoid the apparent anomaly mentioned in the opening post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 10:31

rooneyistically spoooooooky!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 13:39

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 24 Jun 09:49

Goals scored in added time are described as 45+1, 45+2, 90+1. 90+2, etc to avoid the apparent anomaly mentioned in the opening post.

Explained better than my laboured effort.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 24 Jun 14:18

Quote:

I know this is how it works. I just thought it was a huge coincidence when watching highlights the the clock in the top corner was 46.44 for both goals.
Officially the time of first was 45+1.44 but it doesn't say that on the TV does it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 17:48

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Thu 24 Jun 14:18

Quote:

I know this is how it works. I just thought it was a huge coincidence when watching highlights the the clock in the top corner was 46.44 for both goals.
Officially the time of first was 45+1.44 but it doesn't say that on the TV does it.

I noticed ITV stop the clock at 45 and start an additional time clock at the side rather than just keeping the clock going. That has to be a fairly unique set of circumstances with the clock on the Benzema penalties.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 23:03

On a slight tangent. Particularly at professional level why is the "watch" not stopped rather than some guess at how long extra time to play? Game should then finish at 45/90 minutes when the ball goes dead provided it`s not through foul play. Referee signals time off so everyone knows.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 09:12

Quote:

Bedworth par, Sun 27 Jun 23:03

On a slight tangent. Particularly at professional level why is the "watch" not stopped rather than some guess at how long extra time to play? Game should then finish at 45/90 minutes when the ball goes dead provided it`s not through foul play. Referee signals time off so everyone knows.

Would the final whistle not just sound bang on 45/90 in those circumstances? No requirement for ball to go dead in football. Most of the time the whistle blows when the ball is in play.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net