DAFC.net
Home 27 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grealish to City
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 10:58

Being reported by Talksport that a £100M deal is almost done.

Superb player and can only be more effective playing with better players?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grealish to City
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 11:07

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 25 Jun 10:58

Being reported by Talksport that a £100M deal is almost done.

Superb player and can only be more effective playing with better players?

No doubting the lad's talent, but will have to show more consistency to hold down a regular starting place at the Etihad. Will Pep find a way to accommodate both him and Foden? Something Southgate didn't appear to be willing to do when he replaced one with the other recently.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Fri 25 Jun 11:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 11:25

Fantastic player, if true there is sure to be an exit from City. Be interesting to see who he’s prepared to let go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 11:41

Think Bernardo Silva will be departing soon.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 11:54

I think Sterling`s days are numbered, too?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 12:04

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 25 Jun 11:41

Think Bernardo Silva will be departing soon.

Bernardo Silva, supposedly wanted to leave last year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 12:25

Good player but 100 million. Come on the world has gone mad
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 12:30

Thought this one might have legs which is why I started the thread on him. I'm still not quite as convinced as everyone else about him but I did seem to be in the minority so hopefully he does well if he signs. Gutted if Bernardo goes but that looks very likely.

Post Edited (Fri 25 Jun 12:31)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 13:25

Not long ago Pep was banging on about not being able to afford a new striker 🤣

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 13:42

Grealish is the most fouled player in the premiership for the last two years. Imagine what city can do with the dead ball opportunities
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 16:26

Quote:

WarringtonPar, Fri 25 Jun 13:42

Grealish is the most fouled player in the premiership for the last two years. Imagine what city can do with the dead ball opportunities

Mainly because he's a diving wee beanbag.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 16:40

No he’s not, he’s a fantastic player who lights up games.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 16:51

Quote:

Gem 1977, Fri 25 Jun 13:25

They needed Agueros wages off the books.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 18:25

Fancy they will offload a few players to Spurs as part of a deal for kane….

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 19:09

Think the prices for these players are way over the top but now with brexit there is going to be added premium on top of what's seen as English top players.

Surprised to see Mahrez being spoken about as part of departures from City, he is a class act.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 21:08

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 21:56

A sizable chunk of that money is for potential so I believe it is a reasonable price.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 21:59

Quote:

londonparsfan, Fri 25 Jun 16:51

Quote:

Gem 1977, Fri 25 Jun 13:25

They needed Agueros wages off the books.

I thought Agueros wages were going on Harry Kane

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 23:08

I'd take that in a heart beat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 23:56

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 06:07

He seems like a nice enough lad and is a pretty good player. However, he obviously fancies himself quite a bit and that is a very off-putting trait that people can have. Whether it’s people going out of their way to show off their legs or more often than not, their tattoos. Anyway, I still can’t understand why English players are valued so highly among English clubs. Do these guys win honours at international level all the time or something? Or is it because they are constantly rated higher than they should be? Is the brainwashing by sky tv when it comes to English football really that widespread?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 11:08

Quote:

General Zod, Sat 26 Jun 06:07

He seems like a nice enough lad and is a pretty good player. However, he obviously fancies himself quite a bit and that is a very off-putting trait that people can have. Whether it’s people going out of their way to show off their legs or more often than not, their tattoos. Anyway, I still can’t understand why English players are valued so highly among English clubs. Do these guys win honours at international level all the time or something? Or is it because they are constantly rated higher than they should be? Is the brainwashing by sky tv when it comes to English football really that widespread?

It's to do with the squad requirements Zod, when you submit your squad for the upcoming season a certain amount of players need to be home grown, as such there's a premium on English players who are home grown, and aren't absolutely gubbins.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 11:30

It's also less risk. He can do it in the Premier League and shouldn't have any problems adapting to a new culture.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 11:37

At this rate it won't be long before some of these first team squads get into the FTSE100. These prices are mental.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 12:29

It's not just the £100m price tag Ipswich , you then have £1/2m a WEEK wages, plus what his agent might get.
NHS and UK on its knees after the last 18months, money getting thrown about like this Boils my psih

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 20:54

Not sure how reliable this is but apparently the agreement to sign for City has been in place since the end of last season:

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/06/27/exclusive-jack-grealish-to-sign-for-man-city-in-88m-deal/

£88m fee quoted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 09:16

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 26 Jun 12:29

It's not just the £100m price tag Ipswich , you then have £1/2m a WEEK wages, plus what his agent might get.
NHS and UK on its knees after the last 18months, money getting thrown about like this Boils my psih

You could argue the huge wage produces a huge tax liability which is then spent on the NHS.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 10:07

Quote:

arpar, Mon 28 Jun 09:16

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 26 Jun 12:29

You could argue the huge wage produces a huge tax liability which is then spent on the NHS.

That depends on how good his accountant is...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 10:14

I would prefer premiership players to gift the NHS then write it off against their tax, that way you know money is going where its needed

Post Edited (Mon 28 Jun 10:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 10:31

Although the money in football is a lot in real terms and can often make the game seem a million miles off what it used to be, it's peanuts compared to Government spending and some of the following:

money lost from people voting for parties that lower CT rates,

allowing widespread tax evasion by multi nationals,

selling public assets at less than market value,

handing public money to the private sector in subsidies in privatisation deals,

paying over the odds for services and equipment required under privatisation deals,

handing over public cash in dodgy procurement deals (they didn't even bother hiding it with PPE deals), there's probably loads you cab add to the list before you get to a private industry sector. Even in terms of large scale multi nationals £100m for an asset deemed to be a key asset isn't a huge investment it just feels like a lot as we can remember the days when £1m seemed extravagant.

As for the wages, the players provide the product the punters pay for. If they can negotiate mega bucks deals then fair play to them, the game would be nothing without the players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 10:58

The waste happens at all levels. I've worked in various public sector organisations and every single one of them would hire in private sector firms to tell them what their own staff had already told them. They'd then ignore what they were told and do what they wanted, claiming it to be a decision based on the private firm.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 11:34

Well from my perspective..

Is it now any shock that these clubs wanted to do breakaway super league. Not enough revenue... Utter bollocks.

Transfer fee`s are utterly ludicrous. That is what has changed the game, Personally I think it`s time for Fifa to set bands and caps on transfer fee`s. It annoys the hell out of me that Scottish clubs get raided for our best talents and the clubs get peanuts unless it is old firm. £3/4m for Nisbet if he was playing in English championship he would be worth £12-15m to that club if not more, going by some of these startlingly high figures.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 12:08

Transfer fees have increased because of the changes around the way football clubs have been run rather than the other way around IMO.

From the 80s into the 90s you started to see more and more clubs being run as a business and that exploded after the Premier League formation into the 90s and the SKY deal.

Many clubs are now better run than they used to be as a business which in turn generates more money which in turn means they have more to spend on transfer fees and wages.

Scottish clubs sell their players for comparatively small amounts as they've devalued their league structure by pandering to two clubs in Glasgow. The quality of the leagues are poor so unless they've played in the Champions League or Internationals and proven themselves at that level, nobody is going to give Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts or Dundee United more than 4m for a player most outside Scotland will view as relatively unproven.

Bands and caps won't work and I don't actually want us following any American models for our sports.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 12:24

Quote:

Polt, Mon 28 Jun 11:34

Transfer fee`s are utterly ludicrous. That is what has changed the game.

What has changed the game is the commercial opportunity of worldwide audiences, exploited initially by broadcasters like Sky and then by multinationals, hedge funds, oligarchs and state treasuries.

While some of those "investors" have a genuine interest in football per se, many are only interested in growing the TV audience for the product (or in some cases the financial engineering the football industry affords.)

The result is a whole generation of potential fans who consider football as something to be enjoyed as a TV spectacular, rather than the mundane (and sometimes boring) support of their local club on a wet Wednesday evening. This doesn't affect the top clubs much as only 10-15% of their revenue is from matchday attendance (EPL 2018/19) but it sucks the lifeblood out of smaller clubs who need fans through the gate.

Unfortunately the horse has bolted and I see no way of getting it back in the stable - the potential audience for football in East Asia etc is too vast, and too many people in the West now prefer to watch football on TV.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5: text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 00:59

£100 million for one player and he is only one bad tackle away from possibly never playing again, as per Virgil Van dyke. The insurance policy must cost a fortune. Crazy stuff.

That`s probably enough money to buy all of the players in the Scottish Championship and all of the leagues below and have enough left for Kevin Nisbet.

Post Edited (Tue 29 Jun 01:03)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net