DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New signings??
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 23:35

I like PG but our team is not no where near challenging to get into the Premiership… we need players in and not looking at a Queen of the South player that was brutal last season….. let’s get going to finally push for promotion this season.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New signings??
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sat 26 Jun 23:37

You should be in charge of DAFC with that insight!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 00:30

Trialist in midfield today was Dan Pybus (formerly Qos) according to posters on P&B.

If that`s the standard of trialist we are looking at deary me..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 01:26

"I like PG but our team is not no where near challenging to get into the Premiership"

Right you got me on this one 😀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 07:25

Quote:

EEP, Sat 26 Jun 23:35

I like PG but our team is not no where near challenging to get into the Premiership… we need players in and not looking at a Queen of the South player that was brutal last season….. let’s get going to finally push for promotion this season.

so who should we be looking at then ?,

you seem to think you know better so let's hear it.

have u actually looked at who is available on Scotland this now??

PG has already said looking for 5 or 6, hopefully a couple in early this week coming
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 07:51

I mind when Liverpool signed Andy Robertson. I honestly can’t believe that was the standard of player they looked at! I mean he played for Hull ffs!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 08:18

I’m fine with PG taking his time over signings and not just signing for the sake of it, plus the two he’s got in are of good quality.

The only concern for me was that he said we’d have 5/6 in the next couple of weeks before the competitive season starts (10 July), then yesterday he said he’d be working right up until the deadline closes to get players in. He hopes to have one or two in this coming week and then the rest before the window closes. Surely the window doesn’t close until September? Would hate to think we’ll be waiting that long to complete the squad.

He keeps mentioning COVID being an issue, yet it doesn’t seem to have been an issue for others in our league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 08:39

I might get shot down in flames for this. Has anyone thought that the players who we are looking at are possibly frightened about signing for us. PGs playing style and work ethic may be tougher than at other clubs. I was at the Spartans game and most of the trialists worked and tried. Rice was a standout, but his demands apparently were more than we were prepared to pay, were there no discussions before his trial. I felt sorry for the lad who was sent off, it was a friendly the referee coulb have booked him and also spoke to him telling him to calm down. I wasn't there yesterday but only having 2 subs on the bench was worrying. Hopefully things will get sorted, but I am getting worried.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 08:45

Please, please, please... for pity`s sake, don`t let this be another David Hay situation...

all talk, no action.

:(

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 09:20

I stopped buying my season ticket when Hay was there. I remember sitting behind the bench at the Hafnafiordur game in Perth. I heard what was getting said from the bench to the team. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 09:32

"The only concern for me was that he said we’d have 5/6 in the next couple of weeks before the competitive season starts (10 July), then yesterday he said he’d be working right up until the deadline closes to get players in. He hopes to have one or two in this coming week and then the rest before the window closes. Surely the window doesn’t close until September? Would hate to think we’ll be waiting that long to complete the squad.

He keeps mentioning COVID being an issue, yet it doesn’t seem to have been an issue for others in our league"

he said hopefully we would have that amount in in the next couple of weeks, not that we definitely would. every team will be doing the same for the whole window so there is nothing in that at all.
the covid rules are a problem for every team, some will suffer more than others if you can put it like that depending on who they are looking at etc etc.

"Has anyone thought that the players who we are looking at are possibly frightened about signing for us"

yep thats it...

Post Edited (Sun 27 Jun 09:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 09:47

The key date for us being ready is July 31st when the league campaign starts we are probably going to use the league cup more as extra pre season games
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 10:11

It`s also concerning that several of our first team appear to be having a disrupted "pre-season"-Watson,Wighton,Wilson and Dow are all out injured. It`s going to take a while, even once we get the numbers in , to gel as a team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 10:18

I’m happy he’s taking his time & identifying what we need as averse to what’s available. He’s building his own team here & that’s going to take time.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 10:43

Just chill. Pretty sure he knows what he wants. I'm pretty reassured that he has been able to discount the ones he has had on trial already, he isn't just going to sign anyone. He has already said he would prefer to have a squad of 20 quality players than 25 that are just making up the numbers. He might perhaps see something in players like Pybus, which he can make work for the way he wants us to play
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 10:48

I think we need to cut Peter a wee bit of slack. It won`t be easy bringing in new faces, there are only so many players out of contract. The club has has limited finances and must spend what they have wisely. I imagine 1-2 permanent signings will happen but the rest will likely be loans that might not be in place until August.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 10:56

I thought we played some nice stuff on a very sticky surface. Thought Pybus had a good first half and a fairly quiet second half. Was disappointed for Lewis McCann who played ok up Til he missed the easy chance (well it was saved) and then it looked like his head went down a bit. Lad needs a goal or a proper run in team in a settled position to get going, and when he does there’s definitely a player in there. Not too concerned about the results of the two games as we’re creating plenty chances. Signings will come and be rapid fire like Todorov and Mehmet - both deals were done quickly without the usual leak 48 hours before. Maybe that’s a sign of how Grant likes to do his business.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 10:56

I have to agree with Angus W on this one

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 11:41

Agree with the above. He needs time and don`t think there is any need to be concerned. Players that we are looking at will be training at other clubs and playing trial games so should be reasonably fit. The guys that are injured he knows already. What is strange this summer and is another reason not to be too concerned is that nobody has really been signing many players, apart from Kilmarnock, and I am really happy with their signings from our point of view. I might be wrong but it seems like there are less players out there looking for a gig this season, maybe due to a couple of seasons in Scotland with huge cuts in squads. Like us it seems like most of the players jettisoned were loan players hence the looking at young English players. Not sure how we can hope to compete for that talent if they are good enough to get a game in League 1 or 2 down there unless it is appealing to their ambition to be recognised and fast tracked at the Pars like Nisbet.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 12:26

PG obviously needs to come here daily to get the expert insights to fill in his lack of knowledge of the game in Scotland.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 12:32

PG has a hard act to follow when it comes to recruitment. SC hardly put a foot wrong in that department and made some exceptional signings, many of whom are still with us. Last close-season in particular just seemed to be a procession of impressive recruits who were all in place for the new season.

We`re in different circumstances now but I can`t understand why PG needed to give a trial to someone like Dan Pybus who he must have seen playing a few times for QOS in competitive games. I would hope his main targets aren`t players who need to prove themselves in a trial.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 12:44

Maybe he was offered the player on trial by an agent and because of the size of the squad and injuries decided to give him a trial, even though little prospect of actually signing.

Would be a bit happier if we managed to address our main concern and signed a couple of quality midfielders in next week or so.

Wonder if the speculation over Nisbet transfer has any bearing on things. If he is sold for £3m and we get a decent size sell on clause that may have a knock on effect to the funds available to sign new players. Not suggesting PG will see much of the money, but may be some available.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 13:04

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 27 Jun 12:32

PG has a hard act to follow when it comes to recruitment. SC hardly put a foot wrong in that department and made some exceptional signings, many of whom are still with us. Last close-season in particular just seemed to be a procession of impressive recruits who were all in place for the new season.

We`re in different circumstances now but I can`t understand why PG needed to give a trial to someone like Dan Pybus who he must have seen playing a few times for QOS in competitive games. I would hope his main targets aren`t players who need to prove themselves in a trial.

That’s a surprising post from you, wee eck

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 13:34

Why, Raymie?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 13:46

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 27 Jun 12:32

Often a trial is more about how a person fits into the squad dynamic rather than just playing ability....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 14:47

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 27 Jun 13:34

Why, Raymie?

You are usually supportive of the manager’s opinions over dot net’s “experts”

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 15:13

I seem to have that reputation, Raymie, but I quite often query managerial decisions. However, unlike some, I do accept that the manager is in a better position to make these calls than anyone on here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 15:27

It's concerning but only really concerning if PG is concerned. I'd be more concerned if I were hiring for the sake of filling positions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 15:59

correct jake, seems the majority on here would want a squad of say 25 signed by 1st pre season training and doesnt matter the quality of the players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 16:05

surely we all agree that yesterday's scenario only having 12 signed players for a friendly isn't a good situation.

It's not great when a new manager is trying to implement new tactics or new style of play.

We shouldn't just be signing any player either but I don't think our pre season is where we want to be just my opinion
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 16:25

course its not ideal yesterday but what can u do?

5 or 6 players out injured/rested, 4 trialists that were here told thanks but no thanks, should we have kept them for yesterdays game to make up the numbers when no chance of them staying?

not easy to get trialists in unlike normal circumstances, lot of the younger ones wont have played for best part of 16/18 months.

loans will be from premier league clubs who have really just started their pre season training so be a couple weeks before most of them decide who they will want to go out on loan.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 16:35

Spare a thought for the task facing Postecogelu

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 17:35

Plenty of time still, there will have been offers made, players pondering. I’d rather time was taken to get the right type of player than just bring names in for the sake of it.

Todorov I think is an excellent signing, the keeper I admit to not knowing much about so can’t really comment.

Think the expectations are high with PG coming out saying we’re targeting first this season so the slowness of bringing players in might be making folk a little apprehensive.

I don’t quite agree with the approach of offer a contract take it or leave it, with any job there is always a bit of negotiation and if it’s the right player we should be tweaking things to accommodate if we can unless it’s an excessive ask ofcourse.

I’ll become worried If we start the season with Allan, Todd & McCann in the first 11, we’ll not be challenging for top spot if that was the case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 18:18

Aye,agree raymie. Would hate that job.I personally, think the guy is up against it.Quite glad grant is taking his time,to get it right.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 20:03

The type of player we all want to see coming in will be getting plenty offers. We just need to wait patiently. Pretty sure there is a lot more happening than what we get to know about....for obvious reasons.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 21:24

He has had to pick up the reigns pretty quickly so is starting from behind. I am sure his committment to the game, hard work and fitness will put some players off. They are therefore not the players we want.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 23:07

Well let’s hope a few signings are made and we get a good few weeks with them in training etc.
If not then this will be like another Allan Johnstone secenario.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 00:58

I’ll hold off for saying how I think it’ll go for now. Talk is cheap no matter how much you do of it….

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 13:19

Us and Thistle in for Kai Kennedy from Rangers according to the Daily Record.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 13:54

>Maybe he was offered the player on trial by an agent and because of the size of the squad and injuries decided to give him a trial, even though little prospect of actually signing.

>Would be a bit happier if we managed to address our main concern and signed a couple of quality midfielders in next week or so.

>Wonder if the speculation over Nisbet transfer has any bearing on things. If he is sold for £3m and we get a decent size sell on clause that may have a knock on effect to the funds available to sign new players. Not suggesting PG will see much of the money, but may be some available.

Considering they knocked £3m back in January from Birmingham I think Hibs won’t be budging for any less than double that at least! We’ve got a 33% sell on fee. We’re in for a decent windfall regardless how much he goes for but can’t see it being any less that £7m/£8m

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 13:54

He looked a good player. I am assuming that this would be a loan deal. It was reported that he was on 4k per week so I would doubt that neither Partick or us would be able to match that.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 14:05

I think so yes, only just signed a new deal at Rangers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 15:26

Kennedy in and McCann away out on loan as a result would tick a few boxes imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 15:45

Hasn’t McCann only got a year left on his contract. Would be better trying to offload him rather than loan him out, since he is unlikely to given a new contract next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 15:49

Quote:

SAP PAR, Tue 29 Jun 15:45

Hasn’t McCann only got a year left on his contract. Would be better trying to offload him rather than loan him out, since he is unlikely to given a new contract next season.

Who in their right mind would waste money in this fashion ? DAFC would need to pay someone to take him.

Post Edited (Tue 29 Jun 15:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 15:56

Tut tut tut

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 15:59

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Tue 29 Jun 15:49

Quote:

Who in their right mind would waste money in this fashion ? DAFC would need to pay someone to take him.

Don’t have to sell him just mutually terminate his contract so he can kickstart his career somewhere else.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 16:05

Usually when a new manager comes in all players start with a clean slate - but obviously not on .net.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 17:50

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 29 Jun 16:05

Usually when a new manager comes in all players start with a clean slate - but obviously not on .net.

Strange comment. Fans have watched him play in the last 2 seasons. Clean slate with the manager sure, but with the fans he's got some convincing to do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 18:00

What`s strange about it? If the manager`s prepared to give the guy a fresh start shouldn`t the fans follow suit? Aren`t we hoping the manager can improve all the players?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 18:01

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Tue 29 Jun 13:19

Us and Thistle in for Kai Kennedy from Rangers according to the Daily Record.

That would be a decent signing

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 18:04

I liked McCann when he first broke into the team. For whatever reasons, he hasn’t kicked on?
If Grant can get the best out of him, then he could be a good asset?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 19:58

Heard Kennedy was an arrogant Billy big heid whilst at Rovers, true or not, who knows, good player though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 20:11

Maybe a good move for him to come to East End for a season, I don't think PG will let anyone think they are bigger than the club

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 20:38

Kennedy would be a really decent loan signing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 21:02

Quote:

SAP PAR, Tue 29 Jun 15:59

Quote:

Quote:

Don’t have to sell him just mutually terminate his contract so he can kickstart his career somewhere else.

Why would he mutually agree to not get paid next season ? Talk sense for goodness sake. No one is going to offer him a wage playing football because he can’t.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 21:11

Not that keen on Kennedy. Did very little against us although that maybe says more about the quality of Comrie and Edwards.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 21:14

Parsfangaz wrote:

>
Quote:

SAP PAR, Tue 29 Jun 15:59
>
>
Quote:

>
>
Quote:

>
> Hasn’t McCann only got a year left on his contract. Would be
> better trying to offload him rather than loan him out, since he
> is unlikely to given a new contract next season.

>
> Who in their right mind would waste money in this fashion ?
> DAFC would need to pay someone to take him.
>
> Post Edited (Tue 29 Jun 15:50)

>
> Don’t have to sell him just mutually terminate his contract
> so he can kickstart his career somewhere else.

>
> Why would he mutually agree to not get paid next season ? Talk
> sense for goodness sake. No one is going to offer him a wage
> playing football because he can’t.

The boys just turned 20 year old. Every manager thats come in between AJ, Crawford and now Grant have all rated him and his potential. His country have capped him at under 19 and under 21 levels. Saying “ No one is going to offer him a wage” is wildly disrespectful.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 21:50

Yeh, 37 appearances for club and country as an alleged striker and no goals , only player I know who’s actually touched the ball less than his number of appearances. I’m sure there will be plenty clubs clambering for his signature to to give him a wage 🤣

Post Edited (Tue 29 Jun 21:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 22:12

I’m sure there will be nae forums clambering for your signature posting that tripe

Post Edited (Tue 29 Jun 22:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 22:16

It’s not tripe , it’s fact. Please enlighten me on a performance that was anything other than totally unconvincing that the player in question has ever made in 31 appearances for DAFC.

Post Edited (Tue 29 Jun 22:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 22:33

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Tue 29 Jun 21:50

Yeh, 37 appearances for club and country as an alleged striker and no goals , only player I know who’s actually touched the ball less than his number of appearances. I’m sure there will be plenty clubs clambering for his signature to to give him a wage 🤣

I'm sure the many managers, and coaching staff at club and national level that have worked with him closely over the years are well placed to know what he is capable of. Otherwise, he wouldn't be here, constantly making the match day squad. Peter Grant certainly seems to like the look of him, probably because he knows there is a player there, and believes he can help him kick on.
I'd certainly trust the coaching staff over the punters on here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 22:55

Also, pretty sure he has scored for Northern Ireland.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 23:07

Scored twice for Northern Ireland u19's.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 08:47

Wikipedia need to rectify there error then as they have 0 goals for the under 19’s, maybe he scored a couple doon the glen in the summer holidays as well but not sure why people think PG sees him as part of his plans, he’s had a couple of run outs in a few kick arounds as there is no one else to play at the moment. Made 31
Appearances for DAFC and if anyone can remind me of something remotely
memorable that he has achieved on the pitch is be very surprised as I’ve seen most of his appearances and he has contributed absolutely he haw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 08:54

"he has contributed absolutely he haw."

bit like yersel on here then

Like others have said, the new manager hasn`t ditched him so why can`t you give the boy a break eh?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 09:05

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 30 Jun 08:54

"he has contributed absolutely he haw."

bit like yersel on here then

Like others have said, the new manager hasn`t ditched him so why can`t you give the boy a break eh?

Got to agree with this.
Constantly berating our players, kinda makes me glad Nicola's September lockdown won't let some of you in.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 09:10

That was an intelligent post 🤣 Not sure the manager can just ditch with no one else at the moment, as soon as he has some numbers he will be dropped instantly. I’m not stealing a wage from the club either. I noticed you never stated something that he has actually achieved that was memorable on the park, struggling to think of one after 31 appearances were we ? Anyway , my last input on him on this thread , I’ve made my point that the player is totally ineffective and no where near good enough for a team looking to challenge for the title. I hope he proves me wrong and you guys are all correct but I’ll not be holding my breath as he has had plenty of opportunity and taken none. Not one of you can even remember anything remotely memorable or effective he has achieved in a Pars shirt on the pitch yet you’s think he is the future, time will tell.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 09:25

"I hope he proves me wrong and you guys are all correct"

Looks like you don`t understand why people are arguing with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 09:28

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Wed 30 Jun 08:47

Wikipedia need to rectify there error then as they have 0 goals for the under 19’s, maybe he scored a couple doon the glen in the summer holidays as well but not sure why people think PG sees him as part of his plans, he’s had a couple of run outs in a few kick arounds as there is no one else to play at the moment. Made 31
Appearances for DAFC and if anyone can remind me of something remotely
memorable that he has achieved on the pitch is be very surprised as I’ve seen most of his appearances and he has contributed absolutely he haw.

He had an outstanding performance up at Inverness this season. Was probably man of the match.
Other than that one time he has certainly failed to deliver.
If we are behind in a game and either Matty Todd or him come on you might as well give up cause it's like going down to 10 men.
He is obviously capable as his performance at Inverness shows so hopefully Grant can get him doing it week in week out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 10:27

Football`s full of instances of players turning their careers round after disappointing starts; Andy Robertson, Kevin Nisbet and Shaun Rooney spring to mind from recent times. That won`t stop some `supporters` having a go though. They`re convinced they can spot a wrong `un from a mile away.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 11:51

McCann has just turned 20 and has a lot of potential. Those appearances are mostly 5 minutes from the bench or shoved out on the wing by Crawford inexplicably. I'm not sure why he wasn't loaned out but it's asking a lot of a kid to just come in and score a bunch of goals without playing much senior football.

Whether it's here or elsewhere he needs a consistent run of games playing as a striker, personally I think the club has managed his development pretty poorly over the past couple years. I'd rather persevere with him as Grant has talked about and see if over the next year we can see signs of improvement whether that's at the club (although I highly doubt Todorov, O'Hara or Wighton will afford that opportunity) or out on loan at a level or two below. Not really seeing why people want to beat up on a young prospect rather than encouraging him to fulfil his potential
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 12:28

he has played wide at every level including international so that isnt new to him and not loaning him out, letting him go you need to replace him and doing that with a like for like in ability, positions and/or wage is not easy. this year could be different with Todorov coming in, possibly Kennedy or another wide player but he needs to play which is why i brought up trying to get him out on loan if that is not going to happen here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 13:02

Nevermind all this chat about Lewis McCann what is going on with our lack of transfer activity.

First competitive match a week on Saturday and we seem less than competitive for that first match.

Is the 1st of July another date when players contracts expire?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 13:20

PG said that he would have a few new faces in at training this week so hopefully we will see some of them signing.

We seem to be one of the few teams not giving updates from the training ground like we used to.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 13:27

Quote:

SAP PAR, Wed 30 Jun 13:20

PG said that he would have a few new faces in at training this week so hopefully we will see some of them signing.

We seem to be one of the few teams not giving updates from the training ground like we used to.

Why do we need updates from the training ground? Players are there and they are getting trained by coaches. What else do we need to know?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 13:33

red-star-par wrote:

>
Quote:

SAP PAR, Wed 30 Jun 13:20
>
> PG said that he would have a few new faces in at training this
> week so hopefully we will see some of them signing.
>
> We seem to be one of the few teams not giving updates from the
> training ground like we used to.

>
> Why do we need updates from the training ground? Players are
> there and they are getting trained by coaches. What else do we
> need to know?

Exactly, probably not happy at all the trialist`s names coming out at the Spartans games and wanting to keep a tight control of any images of who is training with us. Same as details of last nights game. Looking forward to some signings right enough.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 13:44

Trialist names come out no matter what, fans at games will recognise players, hear the names, the media get hold of them as well and publish them,

On the lack of news from training ground, are u meaning from pre season with normally pics etc being posted on social media? That`s because they are training at alloa now and for some reason the club has said no one bar players and coaches inside the ground, not even photographer as that`s the rules we have had to apply with during covid, yet every other club has had their photographers and media staff in attendance. Maybe its cause our photographer doesn`t drive perhaps?

Back to the trialists, and the details coming out, am sure the agents involved will be telling clubs that their players will be on trial at other clubs not just where they are at that moment in time. Nothing new there.

As for players coming in at the start of the week, a few days is a long long time in football, deals can be done in principle and then at 11th hour someone comes in with a better deal and the player goes elsewhere, very possible this could have happened to and for us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 15:01

Fraser Currid- announced last week by Boness as a loan signing from Dunfermline Athletic now has his Twitter profile as " professional footballer @ Dunfermline Athletic ".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 16:29

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Wed 30 Jun 15:01

Fraser Currid- announced last week by Boness as a loan signing from Dunfermline Athletic now has his Twitter profile as " professional footballer @ Dunfermline Athletic ".

I don't know if he is any good, might just be like that goalie we had for years (was it Burt?) , who was basically just there to make up the numbers in training exercises
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 17:35

^^ and be there on a matchday in case of an emergency, being away on loan he cant do that and unless the covid rules change or have been changed he might not be able to train with us during the week....unless we sign another young keeper to do that but then why sign Currid too?

"what is going on with our lack of transfer activity"

way im looking at it is for free agents its a smaller pool of players available with the same amount of clubs looking, but there are more unknown/random players in it and possibly not enough resources to sort through them quicker.
add in brexit rules, covid rules, teams waiting to let players go out on loan until they get their signings first, doubts over crowds maybe affecting budgets and a new manager coming in 2 weeks before preseason....it all adds up.

the current injury list is a problem which doesnt help the lack of signings, if everyone was fit things wouldnt look as bad.

Post Edited (Wed 30 Jun 18:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 05:02

As the advert used to say, calm down dears, we’ve obviously been waiting for this guy to come up as a free…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57666280
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 10:24

Will be another 6 boys in on loan when prem teams start loaning boys probably.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 15:23

Is it the start of the week yet?

Alright roll on Saturday might have someone in by then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 15:34

Been a very long week if we are only at the start please tell me it's not only Monday lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 16:37

I hope the Celtic way hasn’t rub off on there ex player waiting to the last day before making moves .

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: smithy  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 17:26

I am taking it that PG has not offered Isaac Rice a contract as he mentioned in an interview he would tell him either way to be fair on the lad so he can get a contract elsewhere if Dundermline did not sign him. So I am presuming he is not surplus to requirements as this was last week.
I am starting to feel that it is a lot harder to sign players and hopefully can get a few decent signings in soon… just to keep the momentum up of a new season starting for Dunfermline and make a challenge for the league this season.

smithy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 17:50

Get the flags out, somethings happening ;-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 17:51

^^ Currid lol

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 17:53

Messi cmon

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:04

Ross Graham

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:04

Ross Graham, Dundee Utd Centre half on season long loan
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:08

Never heard of him if this is the kind of signings doesn’t look exciting

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:12

Three signings we on so far then? Todorov, Mehmet and Graham.

Never heard of the boy and no idea what he is capable of, but I think centre-mid and wingers are far more important to address. Probably just be a squad player, this laddie.

Think we’re a good 7 or 8 signings away from a complete squad but I’m not getting my hopes up for more than a mid-table finish so far.

Post Edited (Thu 01 Jul 18:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:19

Apparently had a very good season at Cove!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:23

Quote:

p4r5f4n, Thu 1 Jul 18:19

Apparently had a very good season at Cove!

I wasn't sure what to make of this signing but after reading that I'm really excited about it. Can't wait for the season to start now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:24

"but I think centre-mid and wingers are far more important to address"

sorry Ross we cant sign you even though we need a centre half cause we must sign midfielders first. they will be looking for midfielders too!

this is what is available folks!

Post Edited (Thu 01 Jul 18:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:36

Loaning players from Dundee United, how far we’ve stooped!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:40

“ I am taking it that PG has not offered Isaac Rice a contract as he mentioned in an interview he would tell him either way to be fair on the lad so he can get a contract elsewhere if Dundermline did not sign him. So I am presuming he is not surplus to requirements as this was last week.”

Not quite right. He wanted more money than PG was willing to offer him.

“ Three signings we on so far then? Todorov, Mehmet and Graham.”

Wighton joined permanently this window and there’s also Currid, which makes it 5. We definitely need more though, particularly in the middle of the park.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:43

Graham has just signed a three-year extension to his contract at United so they obviously rate him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:50

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 1 Jul 18:43

Graham has just signed a three-year extension to his contract at United so they obviously rate him.

Doesnt mean much..... We gave tam lang a 2 or 3 year contract then punted him back to clyde after paying a fee for him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 18:53

According to the interview with Paul Allan on COWS Lewis Martin is back training with the squad which is as good as a new signing if he can regain match fitness.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 19:06

Hope he proves to be decent. Looks to have played for Cove in the championship playoffs too so not miles away from our level.

Club should maybe have announced this one alongside a higher profile or just other signings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 19:06

Could be a good signing, a big lad, coming in as Cove Rangers Young Player of the Season in what was a good campaign for them in which he was a regular starter. He is in his testimonial season at United so they have obviously seen enough of him to know that he is worth the expenditure of giving him a 3 year deal. It seems they expect him to be challenging for a first team slot with us, and expect us to be challenging near the top. They will know the standard he is capable of and won't have sent him out for a year if they didn't think he can cement a place in our team and play plenty of football. Could be a useful guy to have if we go with a smaller squad too, as like Lewis Martin, he has experience playing all the positions across the back four and as a defensive midfielder. A left footed player too, which is what Grant was looking for
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 19:42

Topic Originator: the saline hill puma like | nolike Like: 1
Date: Thu 1 Jul 18:50

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 1 Jul 18:43

Doesnt mean much..... We gave tam lang a 2 or 3 year contract then punted him back to clyde after paying a fee for him

The comparison with Tam Lang is hardly valid. Graham was already under contract with United and they decided to extend it by three years. If your thing is looking for negatives in any new signings carry on though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 20:28

Looks a decent prospect so hopefully fits into the team well.
Glad to see Lewis Martin back training after his injury hell and a great versatile position player.
We just need some midfielders and wingers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 21:28

Looking around other clubs fans forums I don't see much joy at any clubs signing. As Rasta says its all very meh

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 22:00

Compare the 3 that we had that we know we had interest....

21 yr old that was at Barnsley u23`s, sent off early in 2nd trial game, imagine would been on same if not more than our top earners at the club, no senior football 1st team experience.

20 yr old think Rice is, 2 trial games and again with the money downsouth, imagine finances be more than what we are looking to pay. 1st team experience..... a 93rd minute sub in FA Cup game away at Exeter.

Both these lads above wont have played much football if any since march 2020 remember.

Ross Graham, 20 yr old, highly rated by dundee utd, just signed a 3 year extension with them, money if we are paying wages be within budget, played 1st team senior football in scottish leagues including 21 appearances out of 24 league games for Cove Rangers last season where he won young player of the year.

When you take all that into consideration, who do you go for ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 22:07

Exactly da_no_1, killie splashing the cash as u would expect but the rest of the clubs not many if any u would say oh damn wish we had gotten him !!

Centre halfs like Broadfoot, Buchannan, Berra and the usual lot, wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, so you have to look elsewhere.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 22:22

Quote:

PARS207, Thu 01 Jul 22:00

21 yr old that was at Barnsley u23`s, sent off early in 2nd trial game, imagine would been on same if not more than our top earners at the club, no senior football 1st team experience.

20 yr old think Rice is, 2 trial games and again with the money downsouth, imagine finances be more than what we are looking to pay. 1st team experience..... a 93rd minute sub in FA Cup game away at Exeter.

Both these lads above wont have played much football if any since march 2020 remember.

Ross Graham, 20 yr old, highly rated by dundee utd, just signed a 3 year extension with them, money if we are paying wages be within budget, played 1st team senior football in scottish leagues including 21 appearances out of 24 league games for Cove Rangers last season where he won young player of the year.

Can’t say I’d go crazy for any of them on paper. I’ve never seen any of them play though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 22:30

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Thu 1 Jul 22:22

Quote:

PARS207, Thu 01 Jul 22:00

Can’t say I’d go crazy for any of them on paper. I’ve never seen any of them play though.

know what your saying but that's what level we are gonna be looking at really when take everything into consideration. Left sided centre backs are very very rare which is what PG stated he wanted.

the 2 trialists might been billy big baws off the park, just don't know.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 23:31

How can anyone have an opinion on a player that they have never seen play ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 01 Jul 23:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 23:45

Cos this is the wibbly wobbly world of dotnet 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 08:02

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 1 Jul 23:31

How can anyone have an opinion on a player that they have never seen play ?

I don't think it's an opinion per se - it's more about having reservations. It would be like your other half saying "were going to buy this house" without you seeing it or knowing much about it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 08:08

The center back trialist actually got sent off in the 1st pre season game not the 2nd .in the 2nd game we only had 2 subs on the bench

nazpar

Post Edited (Fri 02 Jul 08:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 08:32

Quote:

nazpar, Fri 2 Jul 08:08

The center back trialist actually got sent off in the 1st pre season game not the 2nd .in the 2nd game we only had 2 subs on the bench

Wrong, we played 1st pre season game behind closed doors at Stirling Uni then played Spartans then Civil Service. Followed by Airdrie on Tuesday night just passed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: smithy  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 09:36

Cheers par -91

I did not know this.

smithy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 11:57

"Would be a bit happier if we managed to address our main concern and signed a couple of quality midfielders in next week or so"

announce Dan Pybus and .net, twitter etc might implode!

got to try and go abroad for that quality people are looking for imo but that will take even longer.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 12:22

I dont think it so important in who we sign. We signed a lot of good players last season.

......Its how they are going to play as a team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 15:10

Agree with Angus.We had some good darn players last year,and still have.They were just not used right,it was so frustrating to watch sometimes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 17:51

Signing again tonight coming up...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:00

Pybus 1 Yr deal with an option
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:01

Dan Pybus signs for 1yr with 1yr extension option
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:03

Very exciting signing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:03

Very underwhelming.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:10

Quote:

parsmad123, Fri 2 Jul 18:03

Very underwhelming.

That's what I meant. Damn auto correct.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:14

Decent enough. Grant will have seen plenty of him and obviously thinks he will be a good fit for how he wants us to play. Fairly experienced and at 23, just the right age to really kick on now.
Grant said yesterday he was after 5 or 6 signings, so with him, Ross Graham and Currid signing, then we could be looking at 2 or 3 more. The squad looks like it's well covered except for perhaps a couple of central midfielders, I'd expect to see 2 really good ones sign on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  

Sign average Joe championship players that’s where you’ll end up.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]

Welcome aboard....some of you forget we're going to be playing a different way this year, there's going to be different types if signing.
We seem to be signing a bit of dig for a change imo..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:16

A decent signing
[IP address logged]

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 2 Jul 18:14

still waiting to hear from the midfield expert who we should be signing......
[IP address logged]

I don’t know much about him to be honest, good age though, a midfielder that we need, capped at youth level with England and experience behind him.

Think the problem some folk have is with Peter Grant coming out saying we’re aiming for top spot this season, there’s an expectation we’ll sign some top quality players and would be good for someone to call some names out as there aren’t many, if any out there at the moment..Todorov maybe, we signed him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:25

Quote:

PARS207, Fri 2 Jul 18:16

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 2 Jul 18:14

still waiting to hear from the midfield expert who we should be signing......

Calm down, Peter 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:39

"announce Dan Pybus and .net, twitter etc might implode!"

yep its getting there....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:41

Queens fans don`t seem to rate him highly. He has been described as an athlete but nothing like a footballer. I really hope Grant knows what he is doing. Miles of the standard I thought we would be looking to sign but hopefully I`m proved wrong.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:45

Quote:

RossF, Fri 2 Jul 18:41

Queens fans don`t seem to rate him highly. He has been described as an athlete but nothing like a footballer. I really hope Grant knows what he is doing. Miles of the standard I thought we would be looking to sign but hopefully I`m proved wrong.

what standard would that be? who is actually available from that standard?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:53

What a honking signing! Another season of dropping in an out of the top 4 and watching another team stroll to the title is upon us. If PG being appointed as manager wasn`t bad enough the players he`s bringing really is. We`ve replaced an average manager with excellent recruitment with a poor manager with what looks like terrible recruitment.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 18:53

The standard that should allow us to challenge this season. That is the aim and the pressure is on the club to at least mount that. Hopefully we can do it but we still seriously need to strengthen. I personally wouldn`t say Pybus is a step up to Turner for example based on what I`ve seen but maybe he just needs the right manager to get the best out of him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 19:00

I wouldn’t read too much into peoples immediate reaction on signings.

When Peter Grant was appointed people thought it was a horrendous signing then after an 8min interview they were really excited for the season ahead, fans are a fickle bunch.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 19:02

Terrible signing imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 19:16

Despise the negativity on here. Not sure how any of you get out of bed in the morning.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 19:28

Give Peter Grant and all his signings a chance FFS

Back in the day the signings of Norrie from Cowden, John Watson from Hong Kong rangers, Ross Jack from Dundee, Stewart Petrie from Forfar etc,etc,etc would each have been ridiculed on a platform like this.
In more recent times , Craig Brewster`s signing was not good enough for many.
.......And there are many more like that!
Can`t remember much excitement when Nisbett signed either🤔😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 19:35

He could be the new Gary Dempsey signing. Works hard and wins the ball back and passes. No messing about.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 19:36

I don't know why some of you bother tbh...
Sure judge a manager but let him get his team through thr front door before inflating Kleenex shares.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 19:37

Quote:

EEP, Fri 2 Jul 19:35

He could be the new Gary Dempsey signing. Works hard and wins the ball back and passes. No messing about.

Did u ever watch Gary Dempsey ? He was nothing like that at all!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:13

PARS207 wrote:

>
Quote:

EEP, Fri 2 Jul 19:35
>
> He could be the new Gary Dempsey signing. Works hard and wins
> the ball back and passes. No messing about.

>
> Did u ever watch Gary Dempsey ? He was nothing like that at
> all!!

Think he maybe meant Gary Mason?

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:21

This years scapegoat incoming.

Welcome to the club ⚽️⚽️👍👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:39

Underwhelming singing but that doesn’t mean he will be a failure. Hopefully he will do the dirty work for the quality we’ve yet to sign…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:41

quality that might not be available or even exist for what we can offer.

anyway, a decent interview with Pybus, good luck to him.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dan_Pybus_First_Interview&ID=13190

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:44

Hence the “hopefully”. I’ve no doubt there will be a couple of decent signings on the way.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:00

Yeh sorry folks it was Gary Mason😩….. we have been missing this type of player in midfield who just grafts away and does a good job.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 22:56

Think,some folks on here need to grow up and get a life. Grant,and the players involved, will no doubt, do their best.So let's give them a break,and get behind them.I am for one,can't wait to be back at East end.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 22:58

Quote:

EEP, Fri 2 Jul 21:00

Yeh sorry folks it was Gary Mason😩….. we have been missing this type of player in midfield who just grafts away and does a good job.

ah but Mason sat infront of the defence all the time remember so would be a prime candidate for the scape goat from those midfield maestro's that seem to post on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 04:02

I just wonder who we should be signing to please some folk on here. There seems to be this theory that we have money to attract much better players than our peers. The fact of the matter being we are skint and have to build a squad for the season ahead.
Seeing as money is no object can we get Musialowski from Liverpool into midfield on loan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 04:29

Lets our manager do his job and judge him and the team when they play
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 05:15

Agree 100%, Al.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 07:01

Quick google and the first story on him is how Ross County we’re leading the chase in January for him to take him to premier league. Also Bolton, Bradford etc.

Dundee and Dunfermline as well.

Can’t do link but the player can’t be that bad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 07:33

I noticed him when we played Queens.

I don’t tend to notice or remember opposition players unless they are giving us a hard time. I’m looking forward to seeing him & PG team play. It’s starting to shape up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 14:10

Think another one is Imminent. Just got a twitter alert but dont know if it was an old one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 14:14

Nothing from today

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 14:19

I dunno what happened there. Got a pop up and clicked it. Looked new with just a few comments, but cant find it again on my twitter feed???

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 14:51

Too many people on this thread are “underwhelmed” by signings. Which of us can watch a trialist in a game and come to a view on his strengths, weaknesses and suitability for the team? That is where a manager, who properly knows the game can really score.

I’m not fussy if we don’t have any real stars in the squad, so long as we have a good team. So often the team can be much better than the sum of its elements.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 15:00

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Sat 3 Jul 14:51

Too many people on this thread are “underwhelmed” by signings. Which of us can watch a trialist in a game and come to a view on his strengths, weaknesses and suitability for the team? That is where a manager, who properly knows the game can really score.

I’m not fussy if we don’t have any real stars in the squad, so long as we have a good team. So often the team can be much better than the sum of its elements.

Agreed, like The Stone Roses. Individually they are all a bit meh, but together they are otherworldly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 17:57

I'm surprised any player wants to play for us we have to be one of the most negative fans in the game. Imagine slagging a player before he even joins up with the team.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 18:02

Name him Cammy....
Who is this negative fan 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 18:56

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 3 Jul 17:57

I'm surprised any player wants to play for us we have to be one of the most negative fans in the game. Imagine slagging a player before he even joins up with the team.

Agreed. I recon our lot are amongst the worst out there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 19:29

PARrot wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> I'm surprised any player wants to play for us we have to be
> one of the most negative fans in the game. Imagine slagging a
> player before he even joins up with the team.

>
> Agreed. I recon our lot are amongst the worst out there.
>
>

Holier than thou obviously.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 20:11

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 3 Jul 19:29

PARrot wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> I'm surprised any player wants to play for us we have to be
> one of the most negative fans in the game. Imagine slagging a
> player before he even joins up with the team.

>
> Agreed. I recon our lot are amongst the worst out there.
>

Holier than thou obviously.

I cant make any sense of that. And PARrot didnae wrote....he just added the comment at the end.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 20:57

Quote:

Utter tosh. Do you really think that a player takes into account the rubbish spouted on a fans forum as a consideration whether to sign, or does he consider wages, length of contract, etc?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 21:03

All of the above tbh Cross. At this level, I imagine players are being offered pretty similar deals by clubs simultaneously and if the player does even a bit of light research and can see several posts already berating them then Yes I’d think that would play a part
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 21:16

Whether it affects the players or not, what`s the point of it? Some folk just seem to enjoy being negative and putting people down.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 21:19

Quote:

AlterPar, Sat 3 Jul 21:03

All of the above tbh Cross. At this level, I imagine players are being offered pretty similar deals by clubs simultaneously and if the player does even a bit of light research and can see several posts already berating them then Yes I’d think that would play a part

I hope they do, and it does put them off. If a player doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with some no marks who know nowt on an Internet forum giving them a slagging, then we could do without them here
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 21:29

Would be nice if we could be less negative though. Especially with players just arriving and not given a chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 22:13

I would use the analogy about making a car. You can take all the best parts from all makes of car. It wont make the best car. Its the same with any team. Its how they work together to become more than the sum of their parts
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 22:29

That’s right red star, we don’t want human beings with emotion or perception. Got that spot on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 22:38

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 03 Jul 18:56

Quote:

And you’re basing this on what exactly? A small number of posters on an online forum is hardly representative of our fanbase.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Jul 22:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 22:43

I spoke to one ex player and the team have a laugh at what is spouted on here…. which is good in a way. Does anyone really think what . Net produces will have an effect on any player playing currently or wanting to join the pars? This website is just the usual old tat with the admin with a few younger ones…..

Post Edited (Sat 03 Jul 22:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 23:34

Quote:

Vamos Pars, Sat 3 Jul 22:38

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 03 Jul 18:56

Quote:

And you’re basing this on what exactly? A small number of posters on an online forum is hardly representative of our fanbase.

Not having that. Last season it was toxic on here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 00:03

Our fans are no worse, and indeed no better than any other set of fans when it comes to negativity re signings.

You have a very insular view if you think that somehow the thought process of Dunfermline fans when rating signings is different to other teams, do you think that the people of Dunfermline are so negative we then in turn grumble more about signings? Absolute nonsense.

Team makes signing, fans either overreact positively, or negatively. As they have at every club ever, for as long as football has been a sport.

QoTS fans weren't even sure if they wanted to offer him a contract, did you expect glowing praise from Pars fans? If he's a success, or failure it'll have nothing to do with the reaction on social media.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 00:11

I dont expect a new player to be castigated before he has kicked a ball for us.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 06:16

This forum has been declining for donkeys, it’s of no surprise.

Fans on here can’t constructively take a loss without the manager facing the boot, they can’t give a player a break when he has an off day and for some they can’t even get in the door before they get criticised, a 23yo lad ffs.

As I said Peter Grant, nobody wanted and was met with disagreement, an 8 minute interview changed the view, 8 minutes….

Pybus plays a couple of good games in a row and fans will be raving it’s been an excellent signing.
It’s just the way this forum works, you can fight it or just let the whiners whine until they get over their overdramatic and attention seeking phase.

The fact is I bet hardly anyone on this forum actually knows much if anything about Pybus, some rate him purely based on his performances against us, some just look him up on Wikipedia and then think they know him inside out.

Truth is very little of us actually know much about football, including myself, when I read the posts the only one that comes immediately to mind is the reviews of Socks where I think he has a decent handle on the games and how to assess them.

Too right players reading this forum (which they will) find this site hilarious, it’s all ok though…because other teams do it…ffs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 07:42

^^^^^ That was an excellent rant, Berry. You didn't miss a few posters there and it's well deserved, too. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 11:05

Berry`s excellent post sums up the state of social media in general and dafc.net in particular.

I too was impressed with PG`s first interview but surely we all know by now that managers are ultimately judged on results. I`ll be reserving judgement on recruitment, formation, style of play, tactics, etc until we`ve had a chance to see the team in action over an extended period.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 11:14

Unsure if already mentioned but the Courier reporting Charlie Cooper (Forest Green/Birmingham) being a potential target having played against Hibs yesterday
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 11:21

^^ i mentioned it yesterday evening on the closed door v hibs thread...maybe i should have put Exclusive next to it mind you to stop the Courier getting the headline lol

Post Edited (Sun 04 Jul 11:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 22:13

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Jul 11:14

Unsure if already mentioned but the Courier reporting Charlie Cooper (Forest Green/Birmingham) being a potential target having played against Hibs yesterday

Hopefully not. Terrible standard of football in that league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 22:18

Have you seen him play ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 22:28

Of course not, but the hit rate from the dross of English leagues is very low.

We shouldn't be fishing in that pond.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 22:30

so where should we be looking then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 22:44

Lets ,let the manager do his job
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 23:37

Quote:

GJS93, Sun 4 Jul 22:30

so where should we be looking then?

strange how no one replies to questions like that isn't it.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 23:49

Quote:

elvis_lives, Sun 4 Jul 22:13

Quote:

Is that not where Reghan Hendry has just moved to?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 23:52

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 4 Jul 23:49

Quote:

Quote:

yeh sure Forest Green he went too
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 00:44

Quote:

PARS207, Sun 4 Jul 23:52

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yeh sure Forest Green he went too

Can't be too bad a level then?!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 10:30

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Forrest Green finished 37 places above Woking in the English system.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Jul 09:25

Thistle fans saying we've signed Kai Kennedy.

Would be a very decent signing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Jul 13:57

Quote:

Grant, Sat 10 Jul 09:25

Thistle fans saying we've signed Kai Kennedy.

Would be a very decent signing.

Is he really only 5ft 4in as reported on some websites?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 10 Jul 14:15

And Messi is 6ft ?

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jul 14:43

Hopefully get some signing news tomorrow, keep the high of yesterday’s result going into the St Mirren game

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Jul 14:53

Posted from the Android app Topic Originator: Grant
Date: Sat 10 Jul 09:25

Thistle fans saying we`ve signed Kai Kennedy.

Dalkeith Thistle :-) ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 08:50

Seemingly linked with Kai Kennedy and Ben Williamson on loan.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 09:50

Williamson has signed for Livingston on loan, we were interested but he’s chosen to go there. Think Kennedy will be announced this week
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 11:56

DR saying Williamson had no say in the matter and I’m he had to to a premiership team this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 12:04

hope we get a better deal on KK than the rovers got. costing c.£1600 a week with 50% wage coverage and expenses.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 13:04

I wouldn't think so PP, or he would be back at starks park

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 13:17

Williamson hasn’t signed with Livi he was on the bench the other day for Rangers in their friendly.

No saying we are going to get him but still no confirmed with Livi

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 13:59

Is Williamson the young midfielder who was on loan at Arbroath last season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 15:16

Yes think so wee eck.

Jack Hamilton who also impressed at Arbroath is being given a chance at Livi. Would`ve had him here if possible too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 15:26

Yeah Williamson is the lad that was at Arbroath last year.

I’d take him, young and showed real promise it would be another loan deal but he is an Oakley lad I believe so the locality could be a selling point.

Rangers will have the biggest say and if they want him in the premier that’s were he will be, although if we get Kennedy this may not always be true

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 15:36

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Mon 12 Jul 15:26
he is an Oakley lad I believe so the locality could be a selling point.

First time proximity to Oakley has ever been used as a selling point 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 17:04

Williamson confirmed at Livingston on loan from Rangers.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Jul 17:07

Oh well now it’s confirmed that will be that

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 19:34

Last week PG said that end of last week we would hopefully have one or two in and if not then this week and there was talk of 4 or 5 coming in.

His interview on cows after last night game he is saying “ hopefully “ and “ if we can “ regarding signings.........mmmmm?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 19:57

Part of me is hoping we have made some signings and they are training and we are keeping it quiet for the surprise element - doubt it.

Heard there has been another few names mentioned and started following the club Rhys Breen and Norte Nortei both previously with queens.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 20:39

That would make 3 former qots players if they both signed! Watch oot
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 22:43

rhys Breen is still contracted to rangers and is on loan in America.

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 23:06

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Wed 14 Jul 19:57

Part of me is hoping we have made some signings and they are training and we are keeping it quiet for the surprise element - doubt it.

Heard there has been another few names mentioned and started following the club Rhys Breen and Norte Nortei both previously with queens.

Norte Nortei? Very naughty
'e's a goode player
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 23:17

“Part of me is hoping we have made some signings and they are training and we are keeping it quiet for the surprise element - doubt it.”

Why the hell would we do that? We’re playing competitive games with kids and 3 subs, why would we have players signed and training but not playing. Bonkers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 23:24

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Wed 14 Jul 23:17

“Part of me is hoping we have made some signings and they are training and we are keeping it quiet for the surprise element - doubt it.”

Why the hell would we do that? We’re playing competitive games with kids and 3 subs, why would we have players signed and training but not playing. Bonkers.

Well it's hardly kids that are playing! 5 not 3 to he picky lol

Another possibility is maybe a player or 2 are here but doing 10 days isolation depending where they are coming from ? Remembr Vytas had to so that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 23:32

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 14 Jul 23:06

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Wed 14 Jul 19:57

Norte Nortei? Very naughty
'e's a goode player

Devious AND mischievious?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 23:43

The issue with any new signing is that because we have now waited so long and been told it's quality over quantity then I personally feel it raises the expectations of the type of player we need to sign.

On paper Killie have strengthened to a level where they are probably favourite to win the league.

Peter Grant has said our aim this season is to be champions so anyone we sign probably needs to be from teams at a higher level than we are at just now so we can really consider ourselves as title contenders.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 00:20

The Scottish season starts early compared to others and the window has 6 weeks to run so there`s plenty time for new arrivals. With 40 odd years in the game I`m sure Peter Grant knows what he`s doing.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Jul 06:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 09:17

It's definitely a balancing act. The players who may be loaned out by bigger clubs, tend to go through pre-season first before getting loaned out. For instance, Henderson at Celtic will likely be available but the new manager will want to have a look at him in training and friendly matches first.

We've also got 4 or 5 coming back from injury, most of whom will challenge for a place in the first XI. We can't just load up on numbers now as it may cause problems down the line.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 17:33

Another day and still no new faces. Queue the don’t just sign players comments

No saying sign anyone but cmon surely at least 1 player. Squad looked leggy against St Mirren

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 19:03

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Thu 15 Jul 17:33

Another day and still no new faces. Queue the don’t just sign players comments

No saying sign anyone but cmon surely at least 1 player. Squad looked leggy against St Mirren

The same folk who were saying that Craw done great by getting players in early, at the end of the season, are the same ones saying Grant is doing the right thing by waiting and not doing early deals.

Must be something in it for them... So settle down lad, it's all good 👍🏽
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 19:11

Maybe Grants Celtic mindset has rubbed of on him don’t do signings until the last day.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 20:26

In my opinion I thought last season Stevie's recruitment was excellent, this was proved to be correct until about November time.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 20:41

Stevie C’s recruitment was decent but he had no coaching experience on making these players better and his formation/tactics were baffling most of the time.
I hope the 5 players out are on the mend and we have a decent squad especially if Dow comes back.
I would like to see a hard working CM come in that likes winning the ball and playing forward.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 23:00

Quote:

EEP, Thu 15 Jul 20:41

Stevie C’s recruitment was decent but he had no coaching experience on making these players better ...

A bit harsh, I think.

Kevin Nisbet and Euan Murray both left for bigger clubs, and I would suggest Josh Edwards and Kevin O'Hara are both better players now than when they arrived.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 23:25

It`s a baffling comment because the one thing SC did have more than anything else was coaching experience and then he revealed a talent for recruitment too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 08:11

Quote:

Stanza, Thu 15 Jul 23:00

Quote:

EEP, Thu 15 Jul 20:41

Stevie C’s recruitment was decent but he had no coaching experience on making these players better ...

A bit harsh, I think.

Kevin Nisbet and Euan Murray both left for bigger clubs, and I would suggest Josh Edwards and Kevin O'Hara are both better players now than when they arrived.

Not to mention McManus left for a profit

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 09:41

"In my opinion I thought last season Stevie`s recruitment was excellent, this was proved to be correct until about November time."

We only kicked off in October last season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 09:53

Nisbet is quite possibly one of the shrewdest signings in Pars history the potential if figures quoted are anywhere near correct are of such significance to the club.
There were quite a few fees paid for players though that haven’t been such good business though but that’s the philosophy. You have a few punts and hope that one comes good.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 10:33

I know if KN is sold by hibs we get a cut, but does the Rovers get a cut of anything we get?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 11:01

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Fri 16 Jul 10:33

I know if KN is sold by hibs we get a cut, but does the Rovers get a cut of anything we get?

No as he left under freedom of contract.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 11:51

It's probably unlikely given the wage demands etc, but Graham Dorrans is back training with Dundee for fitness after leaving his team in Australia. Would certainly be a quality addition if we could tempt him in...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 14:13

Cheers kdy

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 14:30

I think PG confidence that we would have at least 2 signings by tomorrow is seeming a bit wide of the mark.

At this stage it is disappointing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 15:41

It is disappointing and dare I say it concerning. Maybe his no nonsense approach to the terms he offers. Who knows? Just hope those that do come in can hit the ground running but then to get players like Dow and Martin fully fit will be great for the squad too.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 16:08

Maybe he’s waiting to see if Nisbet gets sold by Hibs, where if he gets money can then get better players. It’d be a waste if he bought an ok player, then gets money and already could replace them with even better players

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 16:11

Quote:

ParfectXI, Fri 16 Jul 16:08

Maybe he’s waiting to see if Nisbet gets sold by Hibs, where if he gets money can then get better players. It’d be a waste if he bought an ok player, then gets money and already could replace them with even better players

If anyone actually thinks that's the plan they are seriously deluded.

Unfortunate when comes to football transfers, things can change and happen very quickly and not easy when your not in control.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 16:13

Maybe so but when the manager seems so confident it does raise expectations.

If I was reading on here that 2 signing are going to be made you would take it with a pinch of salt
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Jul 16:26

Quote:

LEGEND85, Fri 16 Jul 16:13

Maybe so but when the manager seems so confident it does raise expectations.

If I was reading on here that 2 signing are going to be made you would take it with a pinch of salt

yeh but he could be confident at the time last week about deals being done, then this week maybe player has pulled up injured, has to self isolate, other team has come in for them,

no win situation for any manager, says yes 2 definitely for next game to saying working away in the background. It's either oh he is telling porkies or it's not good enough and it's standardnon committal response.

Also different managers have different personalities so things come across on various ways.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KevB89  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 11:34

Apologies of its already been said. But the lack of signings may be covid related. Ross County are now out the cup cause of covid. Makes sense to have a smaller squad till after the group stag is over. Less people to catch covid reducing risk of forfeited matches....

Hopefully once we are into the next round we see some movement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 13:04

Current reasoning regarding lack of transfer activity list -

-We have actually signed them but we`re keeping them up our sleeves for a big surprise

-Waiting on the Nisbet money

-Players he was going to sign are now injured

-Someone else has turned their heads

-Not signing anymore in case they bring the virus

Any more folks ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 13:22

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 17 Jul 13:04

Current reasoning regarding lack of transfer activity list -

-We have actually signed them but we`re keeping them up our sleeves for a big surprise

-Waiting on the Nisbet money

-Players he was going to sign are now injured

-Someone else has turned their heads

-Not signing anymore in case they bring the virus

Any more folks ?

^^^^ Another would be, "Fear of dot.net meltdown" for signing a player inferior in quality in dot.net eyes

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 14:23

Aye managers been sacked and waiting on his replacement!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 15:51

Two foreign players sitting just behind the directors box. Could be potential signings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 15:52

Quote:

Kdy Par, Sat 17 Jul 15:51

Two foreign players sitting just behind the directors box. Could be potential signings.

get pics lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 15:58

Quote:

PARS207, Sat 17 Jul 15:52

Quote:

Kdy Par, Sat 17 Jul 15:51

get pics lol

They went inside with Ross McArthur.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 18:10

Reading between the lines of the mangers post game interview it seems COVID could be the reason and there are boys going to be good to go

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 18:20

obiwanyouknowme wrote:

> Reading between the lines of the mangers post game interview it
> seems COVID could be the reason and there are boys going to be
> good to go
>
>

He mentions Covid at 4.40 ish, he was confident the signings would be done by the middle of last week, you can only imagine that someone has had to isolate and therefore signing couldn`t be completed. I think I heard Kai Kennedy`s name being put to him at the end and the reply was " he`s a good player"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 18:22

One of them is English then other could be foreign. Both on trial currently.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 19:19

Reece Cole is the name mentioned on pieandbovril, centre midfielder that was on loan at Partick not last year but the year before, scored the long range free kick at EEP.

"it seems COVID could be the reason and there are boys going to be good to go"

would like to think whether it was one or two players that the deals will go through once the issues are sorted, guessing it wasnt Cole and the other "trialist" he was talking about too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 19:24

No surprise other factors at play in the lack of signings, was always gonna be the case but course the experts on here told everyone different!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 19:52

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 17 Jul 19:19

Reece Cole is the name mentioned on pieandbovril, centre midfielder that was on loan at Partick not last year but the year before, scored the long range free kick at EEP.

"it seems COVID could be the reason and there are boys going to be good to go"

would like to think whether it was one or two players that the deals will go through once the issues are sorted, guessing it wasnt Cole and the other "trialist" he was talking about too.

Just googled him. That’s the English one for sure.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 19:56

There was a lad sitting along from me, I spoke to him. He told me was a centre back. As I was leaving I wished him well.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 20:05

Rhys Breen?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 20:07

Reece Cole has just joined QPR?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 20:34

It wasn't the lad Breen.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 20:38

Quote:

AlterPar, Sat 17 Jul 20:07

Joined QPR in March on a short term deal until the end of the 2020-21 season.

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 20:54

Quote:

Gem 1977, Sat 17 Jul 20:38

Quote:

AlterPar, Sat 17 Jul 20:07

Joined QPR in March on a short term deal until the end of the 2020-21 season.

QPR Under 23s though, which is a big difference from QPR
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 00:28

after today I think we look in a decent place...new signings will be fitting in to that level and intensity which is great news.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 09:41

It sounds as if PG has identified his targets and it`s just a case of getting the deals tied up. I`m more concerned about the lack of information about our long-term injuries - Martin, Dow and Wilson - who haven`t featured so far. It seems like McCann may have joined that group. When are they likely to be available for selection?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 09:50

Know Martin has been training for a couple of weeks now but will be a whie yet u would think before we see him, Wilson and Dow got mentioned in the managers interviews last week and they are pleased with the progress, suspect Wilson be closer and wont be far off being involved in match day squads in the next couple of weeks.

McCann is seeing a specialist to see if needs operation or not which be 4 or 5 weeks out they say

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 13:51

On the midfield situation, isn`t it funny how some people moaned at previous players in the last few years for sitting so deep, taking the ball of the centre halfs 30 yards from our own goal etc...... yet that`s exactly how PG wants the team to play and people are behind the idea !!!

Will Dom be in the middle for most of the season is left to be seen, but ticks a lot of boxes people are shouting for in our midfielders, someone who can pass, cut teams open, the range of passing, drive with the ball.

With the quality we have already, playing and to come back from injury, then with the number of signings the manager wants, its gonna be some job for him to pick a best 11 when majority are fully fit !!! Lets hope he gets those picks spot on !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 15:52

Apparently we offered a fee for Rhys Breen which was accepted. Time will tell I suppose
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 16:02

Had to search Wikipedia for Rhys Breen, first picture is him with a Rangers scarf round his neck.

On Saturday I was sitting in the Norrie and could have sworn that there was a person sitting in the main stand (West) with the same Rangers scarf on!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 17:17

So from all the comments we should be seeing potentially 3 new faces I’ve the next week

Rhys Breen
Reece Cole
Kai Kennedy

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 17:23

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Sun 18 Jul 17:17

So from all the comments we should be seeing potentially 3 new faces I’ve the next week

Rhys Breen
Reece Cole
Kai Kennedy

So far this summer, Grants had his eye on Rice, Reece and Rhys
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 17:23

Only really know Kai Kennedy who would be a decent signing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 17:30

Reece Cole was at one point really, really highly rated at Brentford.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 19:02

Quote:

PARS207, Sun 18 Jul 13:51

On the midfield situation, isn`t it funny how some people moaned at previous players in the last few years for sitting so deep, taking the ball of the centre halfs 30 yards from our own goal etc...... yet that`s exactly how PG wants the team to play and people are behind that idea!

We're playing that way better than then maybe?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 20:45

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/dunfermline-manager-peter-grant-provides-four-word-rumour-response-over-rangers-kai-kennedy/amp/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 18:35

This may explain any potential hold up for Kennedy - no sure how to do link

https://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-flattered-after-west-ham-submit-6-figure-bid-exclusive/

Post Edited (Mon 19 Jul 18:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 18:37

Duplicate

Post Edited (Mon 19 Jul 18:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 19:03

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Mon 19 Jul 18:35

https://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-flattered-after-west-ham-submit-6-figure-bid-exclusive/

Yup that would do it

Post Edited (Mon 19 Jul 19:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 19:08

Just read Norwich and a team from France also interested. Looking likely that this ain’t going to happen now.

He’s contracted to 2023 at Rangers, was potentially going to leave before he signed his extension, a year on loan in the championship would that really add to his value?

Will he play every week at us? Hmmm hard to see where this goes now

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 19:56

Think it would take a pretty substantial bid for rangers to sell him but yes they could be waiting to see if a bigger offer comes in. Would've thought teams will be a bit more cautious in selling British players with potential given the brexit impact.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:34

Just chucking this out there - I’d take him here, sure we were linked in the past

📰 NEWS | Indy Eleven and Cammy Smith have mutually agreed to terminate his contract with the club, allowing the Scottish forward to return to the United Kingdom for personal reasons

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:40

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Mon 19 Jul 19:03

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Mon 19 Jul 18:35

Yup that would do it

Unless West Ham see him as a future prospect and want to loan him out? They grab a potential bargain and he gets to stay in Scotland. If he does well with us they maybe bring him down to be a first team player?

Seems a big step to go from loanee at ICT/Raith to English Premiership. If he couldn't make the Rangers first team (yet) then presumably he's not ready for the West Ham first team?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 09:31

Yeah, seems a strange one, ending up like the QPR laddie we had last season.

Maybe David Moyes still has a soft spot for us and will loan him back?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:04

Maybe we will get Gylfi Sigurdsson if he falls out of favour at Everton
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:08

Can’t see Kai Kennedy coming here after reading that. With all this interest let’s face it can you imagine his reaction if he ends up playing for us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:14

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 20 Jul 10:04

Suspect he will be joining Adam Johnson in permanent lockdown.....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:16

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 20 Jul 10:04

Jail time beckons.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:19

Quote:

king lad, Mon 19 Jul 19:56

Think it would take a pretty substantial bid for rangers to sell him but yes they could be waiting to see if a bigger offer comes in. Would've thought teams will be a bit more cautious in selling British players with potential given the brexit impact.

I don't think it would be as high as people think, they let Billy Gilmour leave for Chelsea for around 500k

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:22

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 20 Jul 10:19

Quote:

king lad, Mon 19 Jul 19:56

I don't think it would be as high as people think, they let Billy Gilmour leave for Chelsea for around 500k

cause he was under 16 and it was a development fee they paid for him hence only around 500k
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 15:47

Someone about to sign...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 15:51

Will go for Reece Cole as my guess who it is

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 16:00

confirmed Reece Cole

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 16:20

Interesting signing; I remember being quite impressed by him when he was on loan at Thistle.

In other news PG has confirmed neither Dow nor Wilson will be fit for the opening League game at Morton. Neither has participated fully in training yet and it sounds as if Dow was maybe trying to do too much too soon. Article on COWS doesn`t go into detail about Wilson and Lewis Martin isn`t mentioned at all!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 16:21

From Alan Temple at The Courier...

This time last week, Dunfermline's 'next signing' was 💯 going to be Kai Kennedy.

That, it is hoped, will still come in the fullness of time. Not exactly within #DAFC's control.

What is within their control is the arrival of former Partick Thistle man Reece Cole 🏁✍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 16:36

After so much anxiety on here about the lack of signings it`s hard to understand the lack of reaction to this news. Is everybody away sunbathing?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 16:42

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 20 Jul 16:36

After so much anxiety on here about the lack of signings it`s hard to understand the lack of reaction to this news. Is everybody away sunbathing?

Was thinking that at about 4.20pm when barely anything had been said lol

Going from the video the club just put up, the lad likes a free kick thats for sure !!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 17:06

Good addition to the squad.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 17:10

I didn`t panic at the lack of signings but I`m relieved to see an obviously weak (numbers wise) area of the team added to.

Welcome to the club Reece!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 17:59

Looking at other threads, some fans seem more concerned about the quality of the bridies than the quality of the squad.😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 18:07

Glad to see a signing through the door. Hopefully another few this week or at least 1.

Difficult to judge this signing as he’s not from the Scottish merry go round. Seems to have done well at Partick in a season that was cut short.

Can fairly whack a baw, some cracking free kicks in the video

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 18:10

Declan scoring for New Saints in Europe!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 18:10

Would like us to sign at least one player who can break up play.

Another centre half and if we get Kai Kennedy then that might be decent enough although that will depend on the fitness of Ryan Dow and Wilson
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 18:38

From PG`s interviews he seems to put some emphasis on players being `footballers` rather than specialists in certain positions. He has already `converted` Comrie into a centre back. Along with Watson, Graham, Gaspuitis and, hopefully, Martin, haven`t we got enough cover in that position?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 18:42

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 20 Jul 18:38

From PG`s interviews he seems to put some emphasis on players being `footballers` rather than specialists in certain positions. He has already `converted` Comrie into a centre back. Along with Watson, Graham, Gaspuitis and, hopefully, Martin, haven`t we got enough cover in that position?

Possibly but Comrie will also be right back in some games am sure, it's shaping up reading between the lines in interviews that PG looking for 2 players for each position in the team, only real position doesn't have really at the moment is left wing back cover for Josh, certainly natural cover anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 18:47

If Comrie plays right back presumably we`d only be playing two centre backs in those games? Lewis Martin, if fully fit, could cover left back and left wing back as well as centre back.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 20:10

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 20 Jul 18:38

It's why I really don't get why we signed Pybus.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 20:16

Grant`s comments on him when he signed were he is a different type to what we have which makes sense.

adding Breen and Kennedy or similar leaves one more spot for now i reckon, after that players will have to go for more to come in and im not including Fenton and Todd in that.

Post Edited (Tue 20 Jul 20:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 20:53

So we have 21 players now and from the interviews another potentially 3 to come in as PG said up to 4 before the Cole signing.

This is what we have ideas of 2 players for every position just depends if we keep playing 5-2-3/3-5-2 or 4-4-2, for me we are bringing in another 3 a left sided CB/LB another centre mid and a wide player.

I’d look to loan out Fenton and maybe Todd although he showed nice touches the other day

Fon Williams, Mehmet

Comrie, MacDonald
Watson, Martin
Graham, Gaspuitis
Edwards, Fenton

Allan, Pybus
Wilson, Cole
Thomas, Todd

Wighton, Dow
Todorov, McCann
O’Hara,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 21:38

Cammy smith is now a free agent would be a good signing for us IMO.

Post Edited (Tue 20 Jul 21:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 22:00

John Baird as a player coach I’ve heard..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 22:44

How many coaches do we need ?

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 22:48

Apparently just purchased Rennie's from Stagecoach.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 22:52

John Baird? Is that the guy who was a striker with Rovers, ICT, Falkirk etc, etc?
According to wikipedia he`s 36 next month and currently playing semi-professional in Australia.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 01:26

Did John Baird not retire?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 01:49

If we are to be playing three up front, we definitely need another forward in the squad and Cammy Smith would seem to fit the bill.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 08:50

Literally the last player I think we would ever sign, you guys!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 09:34

Okay, let`s for the sake of argument accept your premise that Smith is "literally the last player" you think we would ever sign...

Essentially, the point of a forum is to discuss issues and viewpoints and provide a rationale for or against various positions.

Would you care to offer something to back up your somewhat brave claim? As it stands, your comment is nothing more than a fart in the wind.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 09:37

"Literally the last player I think we would ever sign, you guys!!!"

Aye? Even after John Baird?!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 10:14

" The last player we would ever sign ", i seem to remember this statement being levelled at one Kevin Ohara , who is fast turning into a fans favourite

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 10:15

I actually was referring to John Baird as I was on the wind up. Cammy Smith would be a good addition
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 10:25

"I actually was referring to John Baird as I was on the wind up. Cammy Smith would be a good addition"

Grow up min

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 10:48

Absolutely not. Choob.

Post Edited (Wed 21 Jul 11:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foghorn Leghorn  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 13:20

Andy Smith was the last genuine last player we would ever sign when we signed him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 14:05

Quote:

Foghorn Leghorn, Wed 21 Jul 13:20

Andy Smith was the last genuine last player we would ever sign when we signed him.

Boooooooo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 14:38

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/07/20/dunfermline-remain-likely-destination-for-west-ham-target-kai-kennedy/518947/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 11:37

in todays Press:
Speaking to Press Sport prior to Cole’s arrival being confirmed, he noted that “unforeseen circumstances” had been holding up moves, but insisted he was prepared to wait to secure the targets he had identified.

“We have to abide by what everybody else is doing at this moment in time,” he explained.

“We’d love to have a couple of bodies in (before the weekend). I still probably think we’re three, maybe four short"

and....

from twitter, Daily Record journalist
Euan Booth Robertson
@EuanBRobertson
Expect Kai Kennedy’s loan move to Dunfermline will be completed before the weekend - probably today.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 11:40

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kai-kennedy-seals-rangers-exit-21116146.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Kai Kennedy has agreed a deal to join Dunfermline on loan until the end of the season.
The winger will join the Pars and go straight into their squad for this weekend's game against Stenhousemuir in the Premier Sports Cup.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:19

Quote:

PARS207, Thu 22 Jul 11:40

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kai-kennedy-seals-rangers-exit-21116146.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Kai Kennedy has agreed a deal to join Dunfermline on loan until the end of the season.
The winger will join the Pars and go straight into their squad for this weekend's game against Stenhousemuir in the Premier Sports Cup.

Surprised at this I must say..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:35

Kai Kennedy signs on a season long loan

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:37

PG got some task getting all these players into a starting 11 !! Guess a managers dream and a nightmare at the same time !!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:39

Potentially we could be excellent going forward.

But do we have enough in the team to win the ball back that could be the most important signing in terms of the first 11.

Squad wise another defender maybe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:45

KK`s on loan until the end of the season but Rangers have a option to recall him in January.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:48

Impressed when I saw him with Caley.
Hopefully we see something similar or better.
Welcome on-board kk

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:55

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 22 Jul 13:45

KK`s on loan until the end of the season but Rangers have a option to recall him in January.

Which seems that about 9 times out of 10 teams normally do.

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 13:55

Standard in any loan deal the recall option

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 14:24

"But do we have enough in the team to win the ball back that could be the most important signing in terms of the first 11.

Squad wise another defender maybe"

would expect Breen to come in so that would be the defender, that might be it for now though. said in the past about trying to get McCann out and playing, East Fife screams an obvious choice for what they need too, let him go and bring in that extra midfielder?...for the 2nd time today preferrably my random Estonian midfielder lol!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 19:30

Quote:

M-PAR, Thu 22 Jul 13:55

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 22 Jul 13:45

Which seems that about 9 times out of 10 teams normally do.

Nonsense.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net