DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 France v Switzerland
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 21:59

Another dramatic game. 3-3 and extra time
Swiss could have been home and hosed but missed a penalty to go 2-0 up. Within 5 minutes, the French had made it 2-1.
A Pogba screamer made it 3-1 and it looked all over but the Swiss fought back with two goals in the last ten minutes.
Great stuff

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: France v Switzerland
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:04

Did you hear the daft commentator. If you don`t want to know the score of the spain game look away now.

Then the daftie tells you the score πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:12

Quote:

dave67, Mon 28 Jun 22:04

Did you hear the daft commentator. If you don`t want to know the score of the spain game look away now.

Then the daftie tells you the score πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘Š

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:35

When France go up into top gear they are as good as anyone as we saw in bursts during the 2018 WC. They did the same tonight and held a 3-1 lead which should have been enough. Too many egos in their team from what I can see, and a defence that has never looked settled when put under pressure. The way things are going for Mbappe at the moment I wouldn`t trust him with one of the penalties.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:35

Bet Pogba feels like a right nob doing that stupid dance now

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:37

Bet Pogba feels like a right nob doing that stupid dance now

It`s Pogba so probably not

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:46

Spammer.

You where right πŸ˜€

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:47

"The way things are going for Mbappe at the moment I wouldn`t trust him with one of the penalties."

He didn`t look confident at all, looked like he was going to miss all the walk

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:47

Good game... Mon the Toblerones

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:49

I had 4 teams to get behind a fortnight ago.

Scotland
France
Wales
England

Cmon England

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:51

Mon the Germans!

Mbappe is over rated. Blinding pace but a number of aspects in his game he needs to work on

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 28 Jun 22:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:52

Mbappe on 5th penalty had doom written all over it. Taking off Griezmann was a mistake on two counts. France thought they had the game won at 3-1 but if Pogba had done less dancing then he maybe wouldn`t have lost possession for the Swiss 3rd goal which exposed a massive hole in the centre of the French defence. Varanne apart, I don`t think any of the French defenders are good enough to play for either Czech Republic or Denmark.

Spain or Italy look the best bet at the moment, with whoever wins the Anglo-Saxon clash tomorrow as a possible winner.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 22:55

Mbappe has been poor all tournament , didn,t look confident at the penalty, well done the Swiss

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 23:09

Mbappe and Haaland are the two most exciting players to have appeared in the last few years. They are players who have you on the edge of your seat when they are brought into play. I remember Ronaldo had a disappointing final when Portugal lost 1-0 to Greece so like him Mbappe has plenty time ahead to show what he can offer on the big stage. He might end up like his team mate Neymar, a great talent who nobody can remember ever giving a big performance when it mattered.

Deschamps` football has never really captured the public admiration. In terms of passing and control they were outplayed by a Croatia team in the 2018 WC Final that had twice had to go to extra time. Mbappe is being played as a left wing striker but he should really be a roving the entire front line like Kevin Keegan with that pace and energy. Being a teenage prodigy can mean you are boxed in to a fixed position since you started off at top clubs and are never given the freedom to really develop your game.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 28 Jun 23:26

As Sammer indicated Pogba was dispossessed on the halfway line when he was far too casual on the ball, allowing the Swiss to attack and they equalised.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 00:00

Best night of football yet in the Euros. Happy Mondays.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein PΓ€ckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 07:12

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Tue 29 Jun 00:00

Best night of football yet in the Euros. Happy Mondays.

Aye, definitely two no bad games yesterday.

(I think I may have been infected with the Scottish variant of not going overboard with the praise... )☺

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 09:00

"In terms of passing and control they were outplayed by a Croatia team in the 2018 WC Final that had twice had to go to extra time."

That`s a massive stretch. France won comfortably - never looking in any danger once they went 2-1 up. Even when Lloris made his massive blunder to take it from 4-1 to 4-2, there was no sense that Croatia were going to get back in to the game. And it was all tied up in 90 minutes - same with all France`s knockout games if I remember correctly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Tue 29 Jun 12:30

Was great to see such a high quality game live and I am delighted for Switzerland who were brilliant. The team with the better attitude and better tactics got through. You can see straight away with France to content to let Switzerland knock it around.

I never been too impressed with Griezmann but watching him live you can see what he does, almost everything good France did went through him. Pogba was magnificent on the ball but did nothing without it, his over-confidence directly led to the equaliser. 3-5-2 did not work at all for France and great credit to Petkovic for matching France`s 4-4-2 late in the second half and for the ambition they showed throughout. Xhaka was also superb, not just on the ball but as captain organising the whole team.

It`s impressive to see `Tier 2` nations; Switzerland, Austria, Sweden & Denmark etc going toe to toe and really challenging the big nations, I hope we will see this from Scotland and Romania as well in the not too distant future.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Β© 2021-- DAFC.net