DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Covid spike at the Euros
Topic Originator: kozmanout  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 20:33

Looking at the news today and it appears that approx 1300 Scotland supporters became infected or were infectious at the England game with other Euro related events also being blamed.
Does anyone else think the Scot Gov will use this evidence to keep fans out when our season starts??
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Covid spike at the Euros
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 20:38

Na it'll be those pesky Tories fault

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 20:54

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 30 Jun 20:38

Na it'll be those pesky Tories fault

^this^
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 21:18

Down to selfish idiots who travelled without tickets to the match. The SNP government bleat on about people abiding by rules but having Police Scotland now there are no police to stop people breaking the rules. Why make rules that are in effect unenforceable?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 21:29

Roof now closed on centre court. No distancing, no masks and plenty shouting and cheering

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 21:32

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 30 Jun 21:29

Roof now closed on centre court. No distancing, no masks and plenty shouting and cheering

Yes true but thats the idea of a test event. Fairly certain everyone will have had to have proof of a negative test or 2 jags?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 21:36

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 30 Jun 21:32

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 30 Jun 21:29

Yes true but thats the idea of a test event. Fairly certain everyone will have had to have proof of a negative test or 2 jags?

Same as it was to get into Wembley
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 21:38

I don’t know about entrance criteria, but entirely possible that is the case ?
I’m fairly sure that the government are secretly quite happy for people to get it, providing hospitalisations and deaths are low ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 21:40

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 30 Jun 21:38

I don’t know about entrance criteria, but entirely possible that is the case ?
I’m fairly sure that the government are secretly quite happy for people to get it, providing hospitalisations and deaths are low ?

Of course they are and quite right too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 23:06

Could also blame authorities in London for not putting on organised fan zones when they knew thousands would travel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 23:16

Quote:

fcda, Wed 30 Jun 23:06

Could also blame authorities in London for not putting on organised fan zones when they knew thousands would travel.

No I'm not having that. Only people to blame are the TA who ignored travel advice given by the Mayor and Sturgeon

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 30 Jun 23:22

Agree with the earlier poster, the flanges who went down to London with no tickets were very selfish. Really poor decision by anyone that went. Some friends of my neices boyfriend went and a brought back covid but by the time they were aware of that they had been in CJs Rosyth, Lorenzos etc. Last weekend my neices boyfriend was then diagnosed with covid after playing football with his mates. It's rife here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 00:05

It's harsh to call them selfish as all they wanted to do was have a good time and i can't say i wouldn't have done the same had i had that opportunity
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 01:05

it was selfish, put themselves and others at risk so they could have boozy good time, sadly some will get seriously ill. my wife is a nurse and can’t understand the unnecessary risk people still take, and she has to look after them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 02:02

Are you guys serious try wacthing how the rest of the world are managing the UK are embarasing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 03:12

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Thu 1 Jul 00:05

It's harsh to call them selfish as all they wanted to do was have a good time and i can't say i wouldn't have done the same had i had that opportunity

FFS. That is exactly what is meant by selfish. Exactly what it is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 07:12

How's the hospital cases?

Allot of mock outrage with regards to case numbers but how's that actually translating to people actually being sick? The few people I know who have tested positive for covid since the game have felt barely any effects and certainly haven't went to the hospital.

Covid isn't going away, it isnt going to be totally eradicated, however with the vaccine people seem to feel the effects allot less. If case numbers rise, but hospital admissions stay low surely that proves the point for lifting lockdown?

Post Edited (Thu 01 Jul 07:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 07:27

Thankfully hospital admissions and deaths are low. Not that these folk knew that before they took the decision to travel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 08:08

Quote:

Grant, Thu 1 Jul 07:12

Allot of mock outrage with regards to case numbers but how's that actually translating to people actually being sick? The few people I know who have tested positive for covid since the game have felt barely any effects and certainly haven't went to the hospital.

Covid isn't going away, it isnt going to be totally eradicated, however with the vaccine people seem to feel the effects allot less. If case numbers rise, but hospital admissions stay low surely that proves the point for lifting lockdown?

Agreed.

The worry is thst variants will spread though and they could cause more hospitalisations.
If not, then we can probably get back to normal and treat it like the flu.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 09:10

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 01 Jul 08:08

Quote:

Agreed.

The worry is thst variants will spread though and they could cause more hospitalisations.
If not, then we can probably get back to normal and treat it like the flu.

The biggest danger is that by allowing the virus to spread that a new variant that the vaccinations is ineffective against takes hold.
Then it’s back to watching ParsTV. And 100s of thousands more deaths.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 10:18

So just how long do you propose we live under restrictions?

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 10:20

Quote:

In principle you are absolutely right Grant in that if the vaccine has got us to the stage there are less hospitalisations and deaths despite high case numbers then it's just about time for us to get as back to normal as possible. The focus for me in that statement us "just about" - the evidence is all pointing to vaccine efficacy which is great. In my opinion everyone gathering/travelling as they did, (large contingent in age group yet to be vaccinated) will cause an unnecessary spike in cases and hospitalisations that could, on current evidence, have been avoided if it had been at a time when all over 18s were 3 weeks beyond first vaccination. Now I realise that disnae fit the time line for the Euros... So in essence there was an element of selfishness of those that travelled and didn't adhere to social distancing., and I say that as someone who used to love travelling to see Scotland play. Fingers crossed all who get it now have mild cases. Its certainly hitting hard work places, including the nhs who now have many people having to isolate due to the number of cases /contacts. Hopefully we reach a stage soon where if you are asymptomatic that you can daily test rather than isolate after contact with a positive case, then we can get back to near normality
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 10:46

We need to find a balance here. Nobody broke rules going down it was just advise. I'm currently self isolating after track and trace due to contact with someone who had it and had been in London. I'm lucky enough I can work from home. Isolation period needs to be looked at. Businesses are suffering from people having to isolate. Even bringing down the amount of days down gradually would help.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 12:10

"FFS. That is exactly what is meant by selfish. Exactly what it is."

Absolutely correct.

Apologists trying to defend the indefensible.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 12:25

As I said before this even happened it should have been down to the Governments both sides of the border to regulate this and not left to individuals.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 12:36

It wasn`t well regulated by either of the two governments - however that`s no excuse for the thousands who travelled without a ticket.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 12:53

Last i checked we didn't live in a dictatorship
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 12:59

It's not a dictatorship but the Government have been adding places to travel ban lists since the pandemic started so nothing new there. Nobody breached any rules because there were no rules, there was wishy washy guidance.

It's down to the Government to manage risk. They could easily have said nobody without a ticket is to travel on either side of the border but they chose not to so you end up with people travelling. Don't get me wrong some folk would have ignored the rules but a significant number wouldn't have travelled if instructed not to. They didn't want to make unpopular decisions.

Post Edited (Thu 01 Jul 13:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 13:26

"Last i checked we didn`t live in a dictatorship"

Is that your line of defence for thousands of boozed up fans making a totally unnecessary journey to watch a game on a TV some 400 (ish) miles from home ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 13:42

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 1 Jul 13:26

Is that your line of defence for thousands of boozed up fans making a totally unnecessary journey to watch a game on a TV some 400 (ish) miles from home ?

Again though, what's been the end result?

Has it put the NHS under strain? Has anyone even gotten seriously ill through it?

No to both, instead there's been a rise in cases in the category of people least at risk.

Inevitably with the lifting of restrictions there would be a jump in cases, whether this happened now or in two weeks is arbitrary, the rise in cases hasn't resulted in anymore stress for the NHS, secretly I bet the government are fairly content with the rise of herd immunity amongst the least vulnerable group.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 13:51

I think there’s been really poor reporting on this. Take for example BBC Scotland website “Football linked to 2000 Scottish covid cases”.

“The country's national clinical director, Prof Jason Leitch said he was disappointed that 2,000 of the 32,000 cases recorded in Scotland since 11 July* had been linked to Euro 2020 events.”

*this is copied from BBC website

These 2000 are fans that travelled to London, who may or may not have attended the match, fans that attended fanzones in Glasgow and fans that went to friends or to the pub to watch the game.

2 of 32,000 equates to 6%. Looking as a % then surely this is less than you would have thought. What about the other 94% of cases? Are these people just as selfish?

What do we think is going to happen when more restrictions are lifted?

I’m not sure the same reporting will be made of Wimbledon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 13:56

If you didn`t have a ticket, you probably shouldn`t have gone.

I`m in my 40s though and probably would have gone down if restrictions had been lifted. In the current climate, I don`t think I would have enjoyed the issues of trying to find a bar and not knowing where I could get in to watch the match.

However, if I was 18 or even in my 20s, especially after the year we`ve had, I think I`d have been there. I am not therefore going to be a hypocrite by criticising the younger ones who went down for a bit of a party. In general, I think they`ve been pretty responsible throughout the pandemic - and certainly at least as rule abiding as my generation would have been had this happened in the mid to late 90s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 14:19

Quote:

Grant, Thu 1 Jul 13:42

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 1 Jul 13:26

Again though, what's been the end result?

Has it put the NHS under strain? Has anyone even gotten seriously ill through it?

No to both, instead there's been a rise in cases in the category of people least at risk.

Inevitably with the lifting of restrictions there would be a jump in cases, whether this happened now or in two weeks is arbitrary, the rise in cases hasn't resulted in anymore stress for the NHS, secretly I bet the government are fairly content with the rise of herd immunity amongst the least vulnerable group.

I'm all for maintaining caution but I can't disagree with this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 14:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 30 Jun 23:16

Quote:

No I'm not having that. Only people to blame are the TA who ignored travel advice given by the Mayor and Sturgeon

Likewise, I'm not having that. I agree those who travelled take a large portion of the blame, but authorities in London take a share of the blame. They saw what was coming and had the chance to take steps to mitigate the risks, but shirked responsibility and chose not to.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 14:52

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 1 Jul 13:56

If you didn`t have a ticket, you probably shouldn`t have gone.

I`m in my 40s though and probably would have gone down if restrictions had been lifted. In the current climate, I don`t think I would have enjoyed the issues of trying to find a bar and not knowing where I could get in to watch the match.

However, if I was 18 or even in my 20s, especially after the year we`ve had, I think I`d have been there. I am not therefore going to be a hypocrite by criticising the younger ones who went down for a bit of a party. In general, I think they`ve been pretty responsible throughout the pandemic - and certainly at least as rule abiding as my generation would have been had this happened in the mid to late 90s.

This is exactly how I felt & as a result I cancelled the hotels I booked the night we qualified

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 14:55

Quote:

fcda, Thu 1 Jul 14:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 30 Jun 23:16

Quote:

Likewise, I'm not having that. I agree those who travelled take a large portion of the blame, but authorities in London take a share of the blame. They saw what was coming and had the chance to take steps to mitigate the risks, but shirked responsibility and chose not to.

How would organised fan zones have any effect on the case numbers? The one in Glasgow was quite small scale. The TA would still have travelled en masse.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 20:06

"Has it put the NHS under strain?"

The NHS has been under severe strain since the start of the pandemic.

Just look at the number of operations etc. cancelled and the backlog they`ll have to address.

Try getting a non emergency dental appointment, for example.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 21:14

I don’t believe the NHS is or has been under strain since the last lockdown.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 21:50

And after all that, I have just tested positive. I couldn't be more carefull too. Sent home from work for two weeks.
Just have a sniffle but Im taking lots of painkillers for other ailments so symptoms were masked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 21:58

Quote:

EEP, Thu 1 Jul 21:14

I don’t believe the NHS is or has been under strain since the last lockdown.

They're trying to start catch up on the many thousands of cancelled appointments /operations!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 23:12

Dundee, icu full with covid patients.Doubled overnight apparently.

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Jul 23:27

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 01 Jul 21:50

And after all that, I have just tested positive. I couldn't be more carefull too. Sent home from work for two weeks.
Just have a sniffle but Im taking lots of painkillers for other ailments so symptoms were masked.

Get well soon, Graeme

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 04:58

To be fair to the actual Tartan Army, from all the videos I saw of Scotland fans in London none of them looked like the normal type of Scotland fan you see at games. It was more like a T in the park crowd. I think I could count on one hand anyone above 30 years old. Don’t think I seen any of the look how many countries I’ve been to badges in the hat pay to be an “exclusive” member types. Just a bunch of rowdy young folk being dafties. The mess they left behind was inexcusable though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 08:05

Quote:

General Zod, Fri 02 Jul 04:58

To be fair to the actual Tartan Army, from all the videos I saw of Scotland fans in London none of them looked like the normal type of Scotland fan you see at games. It was more like a T in the park crowd. I think I could count on one hand anyone above 30 years old. Don’t think I seen any of the look how many countries I’ve been to badges in the hat pay to be an “exclusive” member types. Just a bunch of rowdy young folk being dafties. The mess they left behind was inexcusable though.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/19/bin-there-done-that-scotland-fans-clean-up-litter-in-central-london

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 08:36

Quote:

shrek par, Thu 1 Jul 23:12

must have small icu ward then as stats still showing under 5.

Tayside hospital admissions went up from 21 to 36 though on the data from SG yesterday
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 08:52

Quote:

PARS207, Fri 2 Jul 08:36

Quote:

shrek par, Thu 1 Jul 23:12

must have small icu ward then as stats still showing under 5.

Tayside hospital admissions went up from 21 to 36 though on the data from SG yesterday

ICU wards are small by their nature. Every ICU bed used by a covid pt means one less available bed for pts following emergency surgery(trauma or accident ) or planned operations cancelled for high risk pts where the surgeons need to know there is availability of an icu or hdu bed available before they operate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 09:08

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 1 Jul 21:50

Be careful, it didn't hit my wife and I till day 7 after the positive test.
Went downhill then, attacked my kidneys and my wife's lungs, both ending up in hospital on oxygen.
6 months on and I am feeling better but my wife still struggling!
Look after yourself!❤
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 11:20

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 2 Jul 09:08

Quote:

Went downhill then, attacked my kidneys and my wife's lungs, both ending up in hospital on oxygen.
Look after yourself!❤

Im kinda floored just now but ive had both jags so hopefully it wont get much worse. Wife just got her test. I expect she will have it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 11:34

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 2 Jul 11:20

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 2 Jul 09:08

Quote:

Look after yourself!❤

Im kinda floored just now but ive had both jags so hopefully it wont get much worse. Wife just got her test. I expect she will have it.

Get well soon Parrot x
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 12:19

All the best PARrot
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 12:36

Quote:

ipswichpar, Fri 2 Jul 12:19

All the best PARrot

Thankyou, and to the other wellwishers. Guid job Ive got the dotnutters to keep ma pecker up. 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 13:16

My wife's hair started falling out, so watch your feathers!🦜🪶🕊

👍😷❤

Post Edited (Fri 02 Jul 13:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 14:14

In January we had 29k cases and 1200 deaths

Today we have 29k cases and 22 deaths. Vaccines work and although mutation variants exist and become more transmissible they are not as harmful as the "original"

The discussion on Scotland fans etc is probably a wider football/society thing. Travel with no masks etc on trains. weeks of talk about dry trains yet most were an open party. Hyde Park/Leicester square just a huge street party. The shambolic "requirement" to be vaccinated fully or negative test to get into the game... I showed a screenshot of a vaccine appointment that had no name/ID on it and no ask to correspond a name/ID check to appointment shown.

Staggered entry times in interests of social distancing but throw the gates open at 90th min for 22000 to all head out at same time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 14:47

https://twitter.com/markdavyd/status/1410803538901573633?s=19
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 15:04

Play up Pompey that’s a staggering statistic. Where did it come from please?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 15:16

Quote:

dd23, Fri 2 Jul 15:04

Play up Pompey that’s a staggering statistic. Where did it come from please?

We have gone properly off topic but here....

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-reports-another-27-989-covid-cases-highest-since-late-january-12346478

Post Edited (Fri 02 Jul 15:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 15:23

Get well soon 🦜 xx

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 09:44

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-reports-another-27-989-covid-cases-highest-since-late-january-12346478

from above and also the deaths registered are still "backlogging" some as many as 6 weeks etc.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Jul 09:45)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net