DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Why all the negativity?
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:12

Give Peter Grant and all his signings a chance FFS

Back in the day the signings of Norrie from Cowden, John Watson from Hong Kong rangers, Ross Jack from Dundee, Stewart Petrie from Forfar etc,etc,etc would each have been ridiculed on a platform like this.
In more recent times , Craig Brewster`s signing was not good enough for many.
.......And there are many more like that!
Can`t remember much excitement when Nisbet signed either 🤔😄

Let the new manager sort his team before he is judged !

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Why all the negativity?
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:19

Can`t agree with that. There was plenty of excitement when Nisbet signed. Dunfermline fans have not been THAT negative about all our signings. Our last two signings are the only two in a while I`ve felt underwhelmed with. As I stated earlier, I hope I`m wrong but when Queen of the South fans don`t rate Pybus that sets alarm bells for me. I can never recall him sticking out against us either. Let`s hope he can prove me and others wrong though. As much as I`m not enthused, he does deserve a chance, along with Grant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 20:35

Quote:

RossF, Fri 02 Jul 20:19

Can`t agree with that. There was plenty of excitement when Nisbet signed. Dunfermline fans have not been THAT negative about all our signings. Our last two signings are the only two in a while I`ve felt underwhelmed with. As I stated earlier, I hope I`m wrong but when Queen of the South fans don`t rate Pybus that sets alarm bells for me. I can never recall him sticking out against us either. Let`s hope he can prove me and others wrong though. As much as I`m not enthused, he does deserve a chance, along with Grant.

Yeah that about sums it up for me.
I wasn’t enthused at the Grant appointment and the signings are bog standard average but maybe he’ll bring out the best of them.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:04

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:11

I think there are many factors for raised expectations this season

1) Peter Grants enthusiasm
2) The German influence

I thought we would maybe have 1 or 2 signing that would be different and so far that hasn't happened.

So the signing today was slightly underwhelming but I don't see the point in saying its poor until we actually see him playing for the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:14

Pybus described himself as an attacking midfielder in the interview.
QoS played him as holding mid or wide which he says didn`t play to his strengths.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 23:04

Just bide time and give the guy`s a chance. Seen players go from being great players to not delivering in a different squad and equally seen player we thought were pants go to other teams a fit in better and play better. Very few can consistently play well in every team they join.

Give them time and support and hopefully we will reap the benefits. The fact is you just need to look at what happened with Nisbet. He was released and went to Raith decided to restart and refocus on what he wanted from life. He then went out and worked harder in training and fitness and gave up some of his old habits.

If you give any player a chance and hope they take it, if they don`t then it`s more fool them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stevie Nicks  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 11:43

There have been loads of players at EEP over the years who were deemed not good enough for the Pars that have moved to other teams and have kicked on and improved. Polt has it right every player should be given a chance rather than dismissed before even pulling on the B&W

“It’s not the name and number on the back of the shirt that counts… it’s the badge on the front”
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 12:37

"Maybe our German hierarchy can scout a few out as there’s not much to see up here"

"I thought we would maybe have 1 or 2 signing that would be different and so far that hasn`t happened"

first one, i could give you 30-40 names right now and im sure the club will have a hell of a lot more than that but how many would get through the permit/appeal process? how long will it take and if they dont get in, what is left up here or from down south after that?

second, first part applies too but also a change of manager is another factor in that, i wouldnt rule it out from happening before the window closes which is another 8 weeks though.

"the signings are bog standard average but maybe he’ll bring out the best of them"

that is what is available at our level unless you through silly money around which we dont have.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Jul 12:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 14:21

Coz we were murder last year and rather than strengthen, we look in an even weaker position.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 14:42

I`m not negative to when it comes to the team BUT with less than 7 days till our 1st competitive match we do look Like business has been poor compared to previous years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 15:03

Not been a global pandemic in previous years. I suspect that has made things a little trickier than usual. I will wait till the season starts until I form a opinion on team and manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 15:13

The pandemic effects every single team the same...

Theres been no reduction in season ticket prices..sponsorship pricing etc so would expect the same level of commitment. All im.saying in the surface of it looks poorer than last seasons preparations

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 15:14

I think we underperformed last year with the players we had. A good manager can make good players into great players and ordinary players into good players. It remains to be seen whether Grant can do that with what he has at his disposal. However, Stevie seemed to lack the charismatic ability to do that himself. Let's hope Grant has that quality. Time will tell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 15:19

Pretty sure plenty is happening that we are not hearing about. His aim is to win the title so I don't think he is doing nothing.

Could be the type of player we want has options and will take longer to decide.
Could be waiting for news on Nisbet.
We don't know.
Im not worried. Im sure they have it all in hand.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 18:20

Can’t think out of other teams signings that we have really missed out on anybody. I’m sure there is loads going on within the club and I’m looking forward to the new season. Hopefully within the stadium
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 19:57

Quote:

Parfect69, Sat 3 Jul 18:20

Can’t think out of other teams signings that we have really missed out on anybody. I’m sure there is loads going on within the club and I’m looking forward to the new season. Hopefully within the stadium

This.
I haven't seen one player go to a rival I wished came here.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 09:38

^^ maybe a couple at Killie who have blown every team out of the water financially is about it. there is pretty much zero quality available right now but people seem to expect some amazing player to come in at every team, it wont happen.

"I`m not negative to when it comes to the team BUT with less than 7 days till our 1st competitive match we do look Like business has been poor compared to previous years"

"Theres been no reduction in season ticket prices..sponsorship pricing etc so would expect the same level of commitment. All im.saying in the surface of it looks poorer than last seasons preparations"

amongst a few different factors a cash injection of 600k or so from the takeover which some went towards signings makes a huge difference.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 4 Jul 09:57

They seem to be wetting themselves down Gorgie way with the lack of incoming players, Neilson saying players are scarce.

Hearts were the one team that needed to strengthen to remain in the Premier league, loosing Naismith won't help them either.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net