DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nesbit
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:13

Celtic reported to have offered 4 million for him…imo he’s a quality striker and can only get better.

Post Edited (Fri 02 Jul 21:14)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nesbit
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:18

Source EEP?

Lots of speculation around Nesbit, not sure if there has been a formal bid from anyone.

Great news if true, believe our sell on clause is around 30%.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:22

Source k76 ?

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:30

Twitter tbh but hope it’s true and we get a few £££££. He is quality and can only get better… maybe a move down south but if the celts want to pay then so be it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:38

Heard from a source inside the club that transfer policy will depend on Nesbit being sold by Hibs.

We will be looking at marque signings (2 or 3 players) if Nesbit moves on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdave  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:42

Great for us if he moves for a decent fee.

Also, am I missing something or is it a running joke about eveyone spelling Kevin Nisbet’s name wrong all the time? Who is this Nesbit you all speak of? Lol

Post Edited (Fri 02 Jul 21:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 21:59

😅 I’m not sure if it’s Nesbit or Nisbet but if he goes for 4 million I’ll call him anybit!
He is a quality player and can only improve with good players around him to score more goals.
I thought he could be a perfect fit for Rangers but as they create loads of goal scoring chances.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 22:06

4m sounds good but I hope hibs hold out, personally I don't want him to move to either Glasgow side. But I reckon if a couple of championship sides want him he could easily go for 5 or 6 million.
If he does end up in Glasgow and Hibs put a sell on clause in his contract. Do we then get 30% of what Hibs get after his next move?

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 22:10

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Fri 2 Jul 22:06

4m sounds good but I hope hibs hold out, personally I don't want him to move to either Glasgow side. But I reckon if a couple of championship sides want him he could easily go for 5 or 6 million.
If he does end up in Glasgow and Hibs put a sell on clause in his contract. Do we then get 30% of what Hibs get after his next move?

I beleive this is how it normally works
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 22:11

From what I know we get 30% from his sell on from Hibs…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 22:20

Nisbet yeah?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Fri 2 Jul 22:26

Quote:

Andrew283, Fri 2 Jul 22:10

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Fri 2 Jul 22:06

I beleive this is how it normally works

Only if its in the contract we have with hibs,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 08:58

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1833535&t=1833535

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 09:06

Big rumours that Griffiths signed a new deal at Celtic to be included as part of a swap for Nisbet.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 09:07

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1833535&t=1833535

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 09:20

Hibs knocked back £3m before he was an internartional goal scoring striker. Can’t see him being allowed to leave for any less than £6m/£7m, he’s easily worth that.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 09:23

Quote:

Connor560, Sat 3 Jul 09:06

Big rumours that Griffiths signed a new deal at Celtic to be included as part of a swap for Nisbet.

For a second that did spring to my mind yesterday, but he was out of contract and presumably they had to give him a signing on fee and wages Hibs can't match, so he would be daft to agree to a swap. If he wanted to move to Hibs that much he could have just went straight to them, probably picked up a signing fee from them. Hopefully this will kick of a bidding war and he will go for about £6,000,000. If he is sold this summer I think the fee will be our record transfer fee received
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 09:30

I think Hibs would gladly accept £5M

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 09:36

Yes, it would be a club-record fee by quite a long way, I would think.

I guess McNamara to Celtic or Kozma to Liverpool would be the highest two so far, and both those transfers were well short of a million.

On the 30% sell-on clause, I would very much doubt that it would stretch beyond this current transfer. I have only heard of it in reference to younger promising players.

Can you imagine how complicated it would be if there multiple sell-on clauses on a player???

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 10:59

St Mirren are due a % of John McGinns next move. Not sure the exact details.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 11:10

Quote:

Kdy Par, Sat 3 Jul 10:59

I've heard of clubs getting a cut when the player moves on again. If John McGinn moves on again, Hibs get 15% of that fee, and St Mirrren get 30% of the 15% Hibs get.

Hibs finance chief confirmed that at the AGM-
"Gaunt confirmed Hibs would be due 15 per cent of the overall price with St Mirren allocated 30 per cent of Hibs’ slice.

This would mean that if McGinn was sold for £50 million – which was the price tag Villa reportedly stuck on the midfielder when Manchester United were linked with a move in 2019 – Hibs would receive £7.5m and once £2.25m was removed to cover the Paisley side’s cut, Hibs would net £5.25m."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 11:45

That is what I was thinking kdy par

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 11:56

whether the deal in place is similar to what McGinn`s is or not, we will get something every time he is transferred for a fee under FIFA rules as we had him for a season before he turned 24, think its 0.5% of any fee.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 12:41

I think we got just the one sell-on fee for Bamba from Hibs, did we not?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 15:20

Quote:

Kdy Par, Sat 3 Jul 10:59

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/revealed-how-much-hibs-and-st-mirren-stand-to-make-if-john-mcginn-is-sold-by-aston-villa-3192632

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 17:08

NISBET!!! NOT NESBIT!!!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Jul 17:41

Calm doon Mary Doll

[IP address logged]
 Re: Nisbet
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 10:43

Noticed the Courier reporting this morning that Celtic, Rangers, two big Russian teams all interested. His 3 appearances at EURO2020 certainly won`t have done him or us any damage.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 14:34

Krasnodar and Spartak Moscow are the 2 Russian clubs according to his agent.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Jul 16:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Mon 5 Jul 16:48

For some reason it seems that Scottish lads are big jessies when it comes to taking the opportunity to move abroad and gain some life experience as well as a wad of cash.

Hopefully its not Celtic. I guess England is best but I`d be off to Moscow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 09:13

Moscow did not work out too well for another Hibs striker a few years back

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 09:20

It worked out very well for a former Hibs striker at the time...he was just an idiot.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 09:33

do you think that is more to do with our poor modern language education (and the importance we put on it)

for example, if you were a young kid in many western european counties, moving to england, scotland or another european country would probably not be as scary because you can probably already speak the lingo, or have a sister language so would be able to communicate and pick it up

whereas here, our kids generally can`t speak anything else, have generally not been exposed regularly to other languages (even when we go abroad it`s generally english reps, english kids clubs, etc - remember once being in rhodes and the folk next to our table complaining that the mini-disco had songs in german!)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 10:24

I was going to post something similar, DBP

Whilst there have not been too many footballing exports from these shores, I would imagine that the more successful ones have been able to pick up the language and have had their families with them?

It must be difficult to settle into a new country, otherwise?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 12:16

We're very lazy with language as English the largest spoken language in the world so the benefits are limited. If I was Russian and learn English I've just opened myself up to a billion or so English speakers across multiple countries. If I'm British and learn Russian the benefit is around 1/10th of a Russian learning English.

If Brits were to learn another language the most spoken would be Cantonese, but that only benefits really if visiting China. Spanish is probably the most beneficial to a Brit but schools tend to focus on French.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 12:25

I remember meeting Danish teachers many years ago. I apologised to them for speaking Danish. The response from them was it they spoke English as mother tongue, they wouldn't have learn another language either.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 12:48

I can only think of Italy where Italian is spoken.......Is this unique?

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 12:49

Why Spanish?

I think polish due to our ever expanding polish population.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 12:50

Quote:

Angus_W, Tue 6 Jul 12:48

I can only think of Italy where Italian is spoken.......Is this unique?

Vatican City 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 12:58

I've never thought of that before Angus, I know parts of Switzerland speak Italian but the Swiss have 3 or 4 main languages.
Wierd that the Romans didn't even speak Italian 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 13:11

San Marino as well 😂

It's also an official language of Switzerland and probably a few other places.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 13:41

Re Italian spoken other than in Italy.

As already mentioned, in addition to the micro-states of San Marino and Vatican City it is one of Switzerland's official languages and is widely spoken in the south-east of the country.

It is also an official language in some parts of Slovenia and Croatia.

Argentina does not have an "official" language, although obviously most people speak/understand Spanish. However there are 1-2 million people in Argentina whose 1st language is Italian, and the Spanish spoken in the Buenos Aires area has been heavily influenced by it.

There's also a large Italian minority in Venezuela.

And of course no Hollywood gangster movie is complete without its share of Italian mobsters! However the number of American homes where Italian is spoken as a first language is falling dramatically.

Not sure if Kevin Nisbet speaks it though.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 13:59

Quote:

jake89, Tue 06 Jul 12:16

We're very lazy with language as English the largest spoken language in the world so the benefits are limited. If I was Russian and learn English I've just opened myself up to a billion or so English speakers across multiple countries. If I'm British and learn Russian the benefit is around 1/10th of a Russian learning English.

If Brits were to learn another language the most spoken would be Cantonese, but that only benefits really if visiting China. Spanish is probably the most beneficial to a Brit but schools tend to focus on French.

Interesting that Mandarin is the largest language but many of the young people in China are learning English also. I found that the young people in the cities speak better English than many of their parents who were basically first generations people that China opened up to. I think you will find English spoken regularly in professional circles even in China. Ask where to go in a taxi then there is no chance, but it is much more common than 30 years ago.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Jul 14:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 15:13

I had quick look at how many Americans put Italian down as ethnicity and was shocked to see only 17m, even more shocked to see only 22m put down American. Germany way out in front 46m

Census from 2015

https://www.infoplease.com/us/society-culture/race/top-ten-ancestry-us-population-rank

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 16:35

Debate on our facility with other languages could perhaps be pursued in another thread. As has been pointed out, the incentive for an anglophone to learn another language is much reduced (as are opportunities to learn other languages) and anyway, which do you pick, and why?

Going back to Nisbet, I saw that he was described as a "great ambassador" and a "fabulous chess player" by the headmistress of his former school, St Bride`s in Cambuslang, although I think she called him Nesbit. I haven`t seen any evidence to confirm his chess ability, but it is not unusual for those who achieve prominence in other fields to be described as a "schoolboy/girl" champion when they have barely picked up a piece.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 17:11

Willie Pettigrew high scoring Motherwell striker was close to signing for Bayern Munich. He was taken over to Germany for a medical and a look around. Transfer foundered when, while watching a training session, he turned to his Motherwell boss and said " Boss a Cannae sign for these they all talk foreign"

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net