DAFC.net
Home 29 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Two signings & Two friendlies but zero updates
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 17:42

Since the Civil Service game we have played two closed door friendlies and we have signed Two players.

For whatever reason we have not had any updates regarding these games. How did we play, Did we pick up any injuries.The only information we have about the Hibs game is from the updates provided by Hibs.

Why have we not had any comments about our new signings.

What is the latest with other transfer targets because it's fairly obvious that our squad looks very lightweight.

What is the latest with injured players.

What are the views on the league cup.

As we head into our first competitive game on Saturday I'd like to know how we are shaping up for the season ahead.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Two signings & Two friendlies but zero updates
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 17:55

There has been interviews with Pybus and his 1st week in training thats about it though...

I do agree it seems to have went all quiet at the club and could have probably done alot more in the close season.. a few clubs have been excellant with pre season video updates and interveiws etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 18:52

I would have to agree, the content that has been put out to the fans has been very poor.

Whilst I think there has been a lack of signings for whatever reason im sure this will be addressed although I do doubt progression in the cup due to the first 2 games being away to the better sides in the group and we have no midfield.

That aside, where are pictures, the interviews when you look at the content that Killie are putting out it puts us to shame.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 18:55

Closed door friendlies are closed door for a reason. It used to be nigh on impossible to even find the results of those games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 19:00

Surely a board statement is what's needed here?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 19:08

But every team is playing closed door friendlies the rovers played Clyde last week and it was live on YouTube.

It just seems to me that compared to most other teams in the championship we seem quiet on all fronts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 19:15

Board statement and an update from the German investors.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 19:27

while its not a competition with other sides, the PR side of things on social media is majorly lacking and been poor for a couple of years now imho.

match pics get around 10 on facebook and twitter, but none get loaded onto the COWS gallery,

the pybus stuff was all online last week, and the latest part that came out on twitter was the same from last week,

quality of the stuff that comes out is questionable you would have to say

know club went full 100% to the rules last season with covid when comes to pics and interviews and training ground, but no reason now why cant be doing things like that. Killie were away and had their media people with them, every other club has regular game and training pics, just even basic updates like that keep the fans engaged unlike whats been coming out of EEP for a while now sorry to say.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 19:29

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 6 Jul 19:08

But every team is playing closed door friendlies the rovers played Clyde last week and it was live on YouTube.

It just seems to me that compared to most other teams in the championship we seem quiet on all fronts.

To be fair mate that wasn't a closed door friendly in the sense of pre covid closed door friendlies. Clubs often used them to try something different or blood trialists and often didn't want the results of the experiment getting out and it looks like the club are doing the same thing this time round.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 19:43

That`s the thing we didn`t though..

Just don`t want all the good work from everyone at the club going to waste over the last few years.

I also feel the sponsorship packages etc need looked at..Clubs have been adding to them etc and alot of clubs around our size have a much better offering that what we currently have (a a signed tee in a post bag) most clubs frame the shirts, Have a personalized thanks message sent out, a social media post etc... I know with COVID they can not have the event, but it only needs a little imagination..I love supporting the club where and when I can, but do not want to feel short changed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PAR57  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:32

I get the impression the board is waiting to see if any cash is forthcoming from the Nisbet transfer.....if it goes thro.....you will see a few big signings.......coyp.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:35

Quote:

PAR57, Tue 6 Jul 20:32

I get the impression the board is waiting to see if any cash is forthcoming from the Nisbet transfer.....if it goes thro.....you will see a few big signings.......coyp.

that if happens will probably be least 3 or 4 league games into the season, its very risky to go ahead with a plan like that.

You plan ahead with what you know you have and if extra comes in then great, but u can't run a business waiting to see something happen that has every chance of not happening as well
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:41

I have to agree with the above. It does feel like we are waiting to see what happens around Nizzy.

Whilst I don’t think the manager should be giving a daily update I would say he should be interacting a lot more than he has.

We keep using this it’s difficult due to covid, well other teams are interacting and making signings.

We have our first game on Saturday and I’m no even confident that we will fill our bench, add to that it’s against a team that we will no doubt be up against for a top 4 place so it’s ideal to put down a marker.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:42

If they are waiting, that is an awful business model/move. I do not think they are though

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:43

For me as well the league Cup has been a very good competition for us since the group format came into play have we not always finished top?

So you want to be going into that as strong as possible these aren't friendlies.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:45

Update on cows tonight, but usual reaction to a cup draw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:48

I’m fairly sure Peter Grant has said he would be using the cup as warm up games for the league ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:53

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 6 Jul 20:48

I’m fairly sure Peter Grant has said he would be using the cup as warm up games for the league ?

which I totally agree with but we all know what it will be like on here at 5pm unless it's a convincing away win

I would be content with 2 points from the 1st 2 cup games and hopefully a win on pens in one of them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 20:53

I thought Grant said he wanted to do well in the cup because he’s always done well with Alloa. This may have changed since he’s no been able to attract any players.

We have signed 5 players I think because 1 has neither been confirmed or denied by the club - backs up lack of content that people are referring to.

Think we can all say, goalkeeper, defence and up front we can live with and if signings came later in the window the great

But going with the midfield we have then I can’t see how PG thinks we will be challenging for title.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:00

Taken from the COWS this suggests he’s no using cup competitions as friendlies for the league - the fact he says he hopes to have 20 players shows we will be running a small squad so maybe we are done

“Hopefully I will have a group of twenty players that is more than capable of going into every game that we go into in that competition. That is what we have to try and do. I always say to players ‘never get sick of winning’. No one (game) is bigger than the other.

“My most important thing is to win the league but if I’m involved in the cup, I want to win the cup tie and that goes if playing against Elgin City or Hibs B. It would have been nice is it had been at home all the same! I am looking forward to it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:06

Would expect the 20 players comment be with a few of the younger ones out on loan like Todd and Fenton.

The midfield point... there is no way we won't be adding to that, end of the day the league still 3 weeks away, transfer window 7 weeks away till close, yes be great have the rite players in but sometimes takes longer than we all want. If means it takes till middle of August for squad to he complete so be it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:19

Dundee got off to a poor start but got promoted in the end. No panic...get the right players in.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:20

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 6 Jul 21:19

Dundee got off to a poor start but got promoted in the end. No panic...get the right players in.

Unless your on dot net where its panic stations for most
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:26

he talked about giving the younger players a chance in the cup in one of his first interviews, also saying he will use the cup ideally to get everyone fit for the league and also "hopefully we can have a squad in place by then" ie the league start. there is zero chance the current squad will be the same squad by the end of August when the window closes.

"have we not always finished top?"

didnt get out the group the first year it came in. we could have made all these signings folk want and i still wouldnt bet on us getting out of the group this year because of different factors.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:43

If dunfermline are really serious about winning the league or having a strong promotion push you have the bulk of your squad ready for the first game.

Teams aiming for promotion can't afford a slow start.

Plus if you are starting with a new manager, tactics,formation etc confidence is going to be massive.

My original post isn't actually pointing the finger at Peter Grant.

It's just a question of why things have been very quiet of late.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:43

Going by the first team squad listed on COWS, he has his 20 player squad.

Paul Allan
Aaron Comrie
Ryan Dow
Josh Edwards
Owain Fôn Williams
Miller Fenton
Vytas Gašpuitis
Ross Graham
Kyle Macdonald
Lewis Martin
Lewis McCann
Deniz Mehmet
Kevin O’Hara
Dan Pybus
Dom Thomas
Matthew Todd
Nikolay Todorov
Paul Watson
Craig Wighton
Iain Wilson
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:48

Any reserve/under 20 league this season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:50

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 6 Jul 21:43

If dunfermline are really serious about winning the league or having a strong promotion push you have the bulk of your squad ready for the first game.

Plus if you are starting with a new manager, tactics,formation etc confidence is going to be massive.

Unless you are Dundee.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 21:52

Quote:

been quiet of late re signings cause nothings been confirmed or signed for transfers thats why.

We have the bulk of the squad already, its maybe 3 or 4 slots that he will want to fill now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:04

Quote:

SAP PAR, Tue 06 Jul 21:43

Paul Allan
Aaron Comrie
Ryan Dow
Josh Edwards
Owain Fôn Williams
Miller Fenton
Vytas Gašpuitis
Ross Graham
Kyle Macdonald
Lewis Martin
Lewis McCann
Deniz Mehmet
Kevin O’Hara
Dan Pybus
Dom Thomas
Matthew Todd
Nikolay Todorov
Paul Watson
Craig Wighton
Iain Wilson

I would be astounded if that turns out to be a Championship winning team. Agree with GJS93 that we should have a slightly different picture of our team before the league campaign starts.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Jul 22:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:09

Quote:

Berry, Tue 6 Jul 22:04

Quote:

SAP PAR, Tue 06 Jul 21:43

Paul Allan
Aaron Comrie
Ryan Dow
Josh Edwards
Owain Fôn Williams
Miller Fenton
Vytas Gašpuitis
Ross Graham
Kyle Macdonald
Lewis Martin
Lewis McCann
Deniz Mehmet
Kevin O’Hara
Dan Pybus
Dom Thomas
Matthew Todd
Nikolay Todorov
Paul Watson
Craig Wighton
Iain Wilson

I would be astounded if that turns out to be a Championship winning team. Agree with GJS93 that we should have a slightly different picture of our team before the league campaign starts.

be a couple of the younger ones out on loan am sure and those coming in to strengthen the starting 11 which if it all clicks could be a very good team
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:11

Dundee only really clicked into gear because they had a very good January transfer window.

I still think we should have had more information about the closed door matches as well
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:30

I was expecting a further article of some sorts providing a little more clarity on how it’s looking for fans being able to get in and watch a game as well to be honest

Sure a few season tickets are pending purchase until it’s clarified. Appreciate its out with clubs control but imagine it’s been regularly discussed and there must be some sort of idea now and opportunity to provide a bit more confidence to push sales.

As for the media in general on Pars, have to agree it’s been lacking, potentially because there isn’t much going on and there hasn’t been much to report on.

I don’t criticise too much because it’s all volunteers but the one irritant I have with the articles is the typos, it’s very common.

The one example I’ve read recently was Kevin O’Hara and from what he’s saying this is going to be a long…hard season.

“It will be difficult as most of the teams are in Scotland’.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:31

Duplicate post. Removed

Post Edited (Tue 06 Jul 22:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:31

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 6 Jul 22:11

Dundee only really clicked into gear because they had a very good January transfer window.

Plus they had Charlie Adam
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:49

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Two_in,_two_more_soon,_more_later&ID=13194

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 22:50

Another update from the manager up now.

As usual the oh we have the 20 players now comments above are a load of BS.

PG confirming hopefully 2 in soon and another 2 or 3 after that.

And the lad who was trialist at weekend basically been told its a no

Post Edited (Tue 06 Jul 22:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 23:01

Happy with that interview it's a clear explanation of what is happening in terms of signing.

Thought his explanation about the boy on trial not being any better than what we have and giving our own youngsters the chance was very pleasing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Jul 23:03

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 6 Jul 22:11

I still think we should have had more information about the closed door matches as well

Right, so if you can turn it round with a good window in January whats all the panic now?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 12:38

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 6 Jul 21:50

Quote:

Unless you are Dundee.

Or Livingston, or Inverness a few years back.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 13:42

same interview but the Courier has a couple of lines that are missing from the official website version.

"“We are still a few bodies short,” said Grant. “We are working hard and we are close on a few things. Hopefully, we will have one for two [signings] in by this time next week, if not the end of this week.

“After that, I would hope for another two or three, taking us up to four, five or maybe even six. That’s the aim and I think that’s what we need"

so the one or two signings might be before Saturday and also it could end up being six more signings that come in.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 14:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 14:40

Quote:

GJS93, Wed 7 Jul 13:42

same interview but the Courier has a couple of lines that are missing from the official website version.

"“We are still a few bodies short,” said Grant. “We are working hard and we are close on a few things. Hopefully, we will have one for two [signings] in by this time next week, if not the end of this week.

“After that, I would hope for another two or three, taking us up to four, five or maybe even six. That’s the aim and I think that’s what we need"

so the one or two signings might be before Saturday and also it could end up being six more signings that come in.

unlike the club to miss stuff out or make a pigs rear end of it......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 13:20

long interview and update with PG on the clubs website and not one post about it on here......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 13:31

Well it was myself who posted this originally but not everything in life evolves around dafc.net.

But yes since then the communication from Peter Grant has been clear and gives a clear indication of where we are in terms of signings, The players we have signed etc.

So yes far better from Dunfermline in terms of communication this week
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net