DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 England v Denmark
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 15:46

I wonder who Italy will be rooting for tonight? It probably won`t make and difference if the bookies odds are anything to go by:-

England 8/11
Denmark 49/10
Draw 5/2

Rio probably has a wad on England. He sounded very confident last night.

I think home advantage (and no Christian Eriksen) will tip the game England`s way but I`ll be surprised if there`s more than one goal in it. Might even go to extra time - I certainly hope so. 😃

England have the talent to destroy Denmark but Southgate will keep most of it on the bench, preferring to grind out a cautious 1-0 win.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: England v Denmark
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 15:55

This English team , Manager and Players have shown a great determination and conscience with the way they have delt with the taking the knee.
Even though they explained it wasn't support for BLM but the ongoing fight against all forms of discrimination, the neanderthals in the home support continued to boo, they way Manager and Players stood firm has my respect ,but the English media reaction means I hope they lose tonight.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:09

I`d like the England players to win - bar Kyle Walker who`s a douchebag. I just that win could achieved without the jingoism that will follow.

They`re favourites, but Denmark are a step from Ukraine and, arguably, a transitional Germany. The match is no foregone conclusion - almost 5/1 on Denmark is great value.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:10

Ferdinand been a right arrogant D@CK right through the tournament and he topped all off at the end of the show last night with his we will do the two of them no wonder people want to see them brought down .

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:17

For the aforementioned arrogance and hubris I want England to completely fall apart.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:31

Englandshire should see the Danes off but it won't be anywhere near as easy as some seem to think. Denmark have had decent results against England in their last two games but Erikson will be a miss.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:42

"This English team , Manager and Players have shown a great determination and conscience with the way they have dealt with the taking the knee.
Even though they explained it wasn`t support for BLM but the ongoing fight against all forms of discrimination, the Neanderthals in the home support continued to boo, they way Manager and Players stood firm has my respect ,but the English media reaction means I hope they lose tonight."

I`ve heard that England`s black players are the victims of constant abuse from their own fans on social media.

Despicable and loathsome don`t even begin to describe the scumbags responsible for it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:43

I could be totally wrong but I think Denmark’s forward mobility will completely unhinge the English defence. I hope I am not totally wrong though. Mainly because of Rio Ferdinand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:50

As I have said loads before today, The pundits are there to whip the English fans into a frenzy, and to a man they are doing that. If you can look beyond the studio and see the team for what they are, which is a s strong team with a couple of great players, and IMHO a great manager who isn't bothered about the press by playing the team HE thinks have the best chance to overcome thier opponents.
I'm in my mid 50s and never seen one of the home nations in an international final. This English team has a chance to go all the way. So I am fully behind GS and his team.
Minority or not I hope they do it. Remember Scotland are the only team they couldn't score against.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 16:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:54

Kasper Schmeichel asked about stopping football coming home ? Replied with has it ever ,as England have never won the Euros
https://youtu.be/59Ij-H_OvgU

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 16:57

Why anyone who isn`t English would get "right behind GS & his team" is completely baffling. As a nation we`re constantly banging on about wanting independence yet we`re supposed to want our near neighbours and biggest rivals to win a tournament. There have been games in the tournament where I`d rather one team won over the other but not to the stage where I`m "right behind them" unless I`ve got a couple of quid on it.

I fear the worst - they have a good team with a good manager (who none of them wanted when he was appointed) but there`s no way I`ll be supporting them (or any of the other "home nations"

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 17:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:00

Denmark are playing for Eriksen. And I think that will swing it in their favour

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:03

So if that was Wales in the last 4, you wouldn't want them to win it da no1, I may be in the minority wanting an England victory but you are wayyyyyy in the minority saying you wouldn't be behind Wales or Ireland winning

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:05

You think? I couldn`t give a toss about Wales & Ireland would get fitba stopped. Fill yer boots mate.

England laugh at us as a nation. They ridicule us at every opportunity yet you want them to win. Odd.

I`ve never understood this "my other team" stuff. I`m a Pars fan - they`re the only club side I have real feelings for. I follow Sunderland but it makes no difference to me if they win, lose or draw. I`m Scottish & will always be rooting for my country. However I have no allegiance to any other club or national side, never mind England, Wales or Ireland.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 17:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:09

I don’t understand Ferdinands take on the England national team . If Rio had been playing these days he’d be getting booed for being black from a noisy minority of these idiots. I wonder how his brother feels. Of course there are decent English supporters but they are drowned out by the bigots across all social media platforms. Come on Denmark .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:10

I think England have too much quality both in the starting 11 and on the bench. I can`t see anything other than a home win. I was surprised to learn that the population of Denmark is much the same as Scotland, how come they consistently do so much better than us?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 7 Jul 17:05

You think? I couldn`t give a toss about Wales & Ireland would get fitba stopped. Fill yer boots mate.

England laugh at us as a nation. They ridicule us at every opportunity yet you want them to win. Odd.

No they don't. The small minded ones do. I recon most go with the home nations. British mentality.
You are lumping yourself in with the small minded minority.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:18

You are obviously not on Facebook Parrot. Apparently we are all skirt wearing , heroin taking , wife beaters .
Sorry but any Scottish person supporting that mob needs a kick in the baws.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:20

Parrot to be fair I`ve been listening to Talksport the whole tournament!

Sergio LOL

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:23

I don't do Facebook, and I must need a kick in the baws

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:31

Aye but in fairness you had a log on for FollowFollow and travelled on a Rangers bus . 😂😂😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:35

Hope england get a complete doing .
If not tonight , then from Italy at the weekend !
I don't buy into this nonsense abt how good they are . In the main , they've played some bang average sides , and the big box office game against Germany has been one of the most boring games of the tournament .
Arrogant clowns need brought down to earth .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:40

Hmm Wetherby everyone thought the same about France with squad. It depends on what team turns up. Italy looked fluid and fast moving, Spain looked lethargic in their previous games and it was turned on it`s head last night with Spain totally dominating.
Denmark have a team spirit that`s somewhat unbeatable at the moment mostly I believe due to what happened in the first match. They drew in league game in Denmark and won at Wembley in return game. I wouldn`t be surprised at all if Denmark dispose of this English squad. Either way I am convinced this is going to be a cracker of a game and one goal can go either way to win it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:46

Parsweep, I can think of much more fun ways for them to lose than that.
How about being a goal up, losing one in the 89th then another one in the 94th after the board said 2 additional minutes.
I'd love to see Ferdinand's face after that...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:46

I`m not sure where all this love for England comes from either. I`m sure Gareth Southgate is a decent guy, as are most of the English players, but that`s no reason to support them. It`s football rivalry - although they maybe don`t put as much store by it as we Scots do. If you believe any Scottish player who has played in England the English are totally dismissive of Scottish football.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 17:54

To be fair wee eck 90% of football fans in Scotland think Scottish football Is dire. I don't support England , I support Pars and Scotland. I do however like to see all home nations doing well in international and club football

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 17:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:00

I've never really understood the necessity for the English media (in the main) to demand that everyone supports them in tournaments tbh and take umbrage when people say they're not (e.g. Andy Murray a few years ago)

Personally, I don't support any club rivals in games so why would I support our biggest rivals internationally - especially when we just played them in the same tournament 🤔

Football is so sanitised these days - we're not allowed to have rivals any more!!

I hope Denmark win tonight - because of what's happened to them it would be incredible for them to end up winning it again and not forgetting, they are actually a very good team.

My one worry is they've just had a long trip to Baku so tiredness could be a factor, especially if it goes to extra time like last night's game.

Italy were dead on their feet in extra time last night so that could still play a factor in who wins the trophy.

Unfortunately 🤔🤪🥴

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:10

All good points, Susie! It would be the easiest thing in the world to say `I`m supporting England` but, certainly in my case, it would be totally insincere. At the same time I won`t be screaming at the telly for Denmark to win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:12

So far 12 mins top story on news and it's only a semi final. They've won nothing yet
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:18

I’ve never seen much to admire in the English national team. Their style of football has mostly been Germany without the brains and that remains the case today. At club level the English historically pulled in Scots, Irish and sometimes Welsh players to do their thinking for them and now they can draw from a global market given the size of their purse. An English team can outrun and outfight the opposition, they are a difficult team to put away, but they will not out think their opponents. Good on power and pace, determined to a fault, but pretty brainless. Ferdinand and Shearer are only a reflection of that.

I`m off to a pub with no TV since my nerves won`t stand what`s coming. I`ll check the result when I return.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:22

Again if it was Scotland in that position we would be exactly the same, it was main story before we played Serbia, then all over the news for days when we qualified. I don't watch the build up or after game smugness as the media do my head in too

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:23

To be fair mate you also said Ukraine would run them close 🙈. For a team with no tactical nous they've done well to set a record for going 5 games into a major tournament without conceding a goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:38

I’ve been impressed with the England team over their past two games, though not prior to that. I think they will beat Denmark handsomely but I think they’ll get an absolute doing from Italy in the final. Both teams last night were different class.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:46

90 minutes build up on STV ?? Aww get this so far to feck .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:49

With Nial Diamond. Noooooo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:53

A lot of OTT posts if you ask me. The English media don’t demand that everyone supports them.

I don’t think I can see where all this love for them is.

England don’t ridicule us at every opportunity either, I don’t think they give a toss about us to be honest, not on their radar.

They laugh when us Scots get all in a hissy fit because they’re doing well and then quite rightly take the mick when we don’t do so good, I think Marshall is still running back to his goal as I write this.

I’m not convinced it’s a massive rivalry now either, once upon a time maybe but despite the result in the tournament they are so far ahead of us, we get all excited but for them, it’s just another fixture.

They are in the semi final of a major international tournament, too right get excited, run ahead of yourselves, enjoy it and I hope one day Scotland might experience something along those lines and we’d be doing the same thing but where we are just actually qualifying for a tournament is difficult enough in itself.

I think they will win tonight, Italy I’m not so sure. If Denmark get through then fair play to them ofcourse but I totally understand the hype as this is their best chance of winning a tournament since that date we don’t like…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 18:56

Maybe hoping he's going to be the first English manager to win something major since Howard Wilkinson?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:03

`England don’t ridicule us at every opportunity either, I don’t think they give a toss about us to be honest, not on their radar.

They laugh when us Scots get all in a hissy fit because they’re doing well and then quite rightly take the mick when we don’t do so good, I think Marshall is still running back to his goal as I write this.`

Isn`t that a bit contradictory? `They don`t give a toss` but `take the mick when we don`t do so good (sic)`?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:11

Not quite, think it’s us Scots that are behind the driving of the rivalry, England wouldn’t give a toss if we didn’t but can imagine how amusing it is when we’re all bravado then we lose to a goal when we decide to stick Marshall in midfield.

Which to be honest the Marshall incident was just pure banter, I had a few laughs at some of the memes I got after that game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:13

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 7 Jul 18:56

Maybe hoping he's going to be the first English manager to win something major since Howard Wilkinson?

Bobby Robson
Harry Redknapp
Roy Evans
Steve McLaren
Joe Royal

All won something major. Probably a few more!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:15

Maybe "demand" was the wrong word but they definitely went through a spate of asking anyone & everyone if they were supporting England in whatever tournament was next up & took severe huffs with anyone who dared to say no!

Don't ask the question if youre not going to like the answer!!

As for them ridiculing us - they most definitely do that - the latest being us "celebrating the 0 0 draw" lol.

I celebrated the first time I've been to Wembley & not lost! Not to mention that it meant we could still qualify had we beaten Croatia - if they'd beaten us we were out before the final group game!!

It's rivalry and it does most definitely go both ways! I have NO idea why anyone would want their rivals to win anything!!

Do I hate them? No. Do I want them to win anything? Definitely not!!

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:21

Think England live rent free in the heads of a lot of the Little Scotlanders.

I couldn't care less if England win/lose/draw. I support Scotland and the Pars. That's it. I've never understood the concept of supporting other teams I have no links with.

People are correct that there are plenty idiots in England talking about haggis munchers, junkies etc. However, there's probably an equal proportion of absolute cretins in Scotland spouting similar crap (including on here!).

As I said on the previous thread - if you don't like watching England on TV, there are hundreds of other channels to watch!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:32

Agree to disagree :-)

Do I want England to win tonight - Yes. Will I be disappointed if Denmark win, absolutely not.

Would I come onto the forum and rip into England when they are behind and if they lose - no, I’ll probably just hit the hay and forget all about it and look forward to the final.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:37

I was pretty much agreeing with you Berry up till the last post.
I watched the Scotland v Croatia game in a bar in Bristol with 3 other Scots and the rest of the large pub was watching the England v Czech game.
When the replays of the Croatia goals were being shown there were howls of laughter and general derision delivered in our direction. And fair play to them. If the boot were on the other foot we'd have been giving them it tight.
God I hope they get beat tonight.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:38

Feeling confident Denmark can win.
England have had 15 shots on target the whole tournament.
Average of 3 per game.
Denmark have had 37.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:45

I don't think the English media are that bad. I used to get wound up by stuff like that but not any more. No way to live life.

I don't think England are very good but I think home advantage will see them through tonight.

I like Gareth Southgate and it's easily the least dislikeable England squad in my lifetime.

I have loads of English colleagues and friends and if they win it'll make them happy. So there's that.

Still don't want them to win the whole thing though but if they do, they do. Whatever.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:46

Mon the Danes, get into this pishy haircut team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:52

Come on Denmark your time is now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:56

Big night for England .. I am going to watch it :-))

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 19:58

Hope yer aw standing :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:11

Looks like the clean sheet run will go tonight.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:11

The only tiny crumb of comfort for me with an England win would be for my faither. He's the only Englishman I'd be happy for.

Well maybe happys a bit strong......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:15

Right, ive got stv player on the phone and smart tv. No tv arial so i have to use the player. Im getting the match on the phone but not the tv.... why is that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:17

Denmark obviously done their homework and identified Pickford as the weak link.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:18

[Post Deleted] - Deliberately provoking fellow DAFC.net poster(s)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:26

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Wed 7 Jul 20:18

The folk that support England on here definitely vote Tory . They should be hounded . Scum

Presumably with black and blue baws?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:26

Yawn

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:27

Try harder Sergio.

Denmark growing into this game now after the first 10mins.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:30

Ooft
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLL

[IP address logged]

An absolute belter!!
[IP address logged]

Get in !!!!!

Bobvo
[IP address logged]

Great goal

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:31

Oh dear 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:32

Silly free kick to give away from the initial free kick.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:34

It's a great strike but Pickford should do better it's no in the corner
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:34

Dickford nowhere

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:37

Pickford having a bit of a mare so far
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:38

Read somewhere today that there had been no free kick goals so far this tournament & if there were none, it would be a record!!

BOOM!! 🇩🇰🔥👏🏼

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  

As I said, underestimate the Danes at your peril.
Great save but Sterling has to score there

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]

Now that's a proper keeper
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:40

Nightmare defending by the Danish. They will have to weather the storm now.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:40

Own goal. Good ball through to Saka

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:45

Denmark need HT England running riot now
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:47

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 07 Jul 20:45

Denmark need HT England running riot now

Has to be a joke?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:48

Denmark I fear will regret not being more composed after taking the lead. England have went behind, responded well and that will do wonders for their self belief.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:50

Thats twice Puckford has thrown the ball straight to Denmark and they havent capitalised. Danes lack of quality in the final third is very apparent.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 20:56

Yeah they have sometimes had the break on England but just haven`t delivered a quailty pass when they needed to.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:01

Decent game, good tempo. Anybody's game, hopefully et and pens. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:06

Not really sure what options the Danes have on the bench whereas England have a plethora of options.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:06

Who do you think the Bel Paese would want to meet in the final G.G. ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:14

I'd really struggle to play in any side that had Pickford shouting at me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:16

If I was Southgate would be considering a change right now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:21

She sounds like fingers on a blackboard.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:28

Whatever you do don't let Grealish into this game boot him all over the pitch if you must
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:32

They want a penalty for kane kicking a Danish defender now lol

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:33

Can see Denmark hitting the net soon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:35

I would take penalties right now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:37

Kalvin Phillips has been really good tonight. Now expecting an OG from him in extra time 🤞
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:38

That Danish no9 Braithwaite is useless

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:40

Never been impressed with him at Barca either tbh
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:47

Physically the Danes are flagging.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:48

England still have only used the one sub, that may be the telling factor if it goes to extra time.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 21:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:50

Danes are definitely struggling now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:52

For God's sake,any time someone falls over a foul is given,bloody rules are ridiculous.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:53

Aww come on . Good vs Evil . Come on Denmark. Please

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:55

Considering that the Danes have replaced half of there outfield team and England are looking the fitter is telling. Either England are just superior athletes or the advantage of only travelling abroad for one game is begging to show.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:55

I hate Kane.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:59

Quote:

Buspasspar, Wed 7 Jul 21:06

Who do you think the Bel Paese would want to meet in the final G.G. ?

Definitely Denmark. England have home advantage and a better squad, harder to beat. The Danes will do well to get to pens now, as did Italy last night. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 21:59

The subs Denmark have used aren`t going to have to play 120 mins though are they? It`s not such a big disadvantage.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:01

Quote:

Andrew283, Wed 7 Jul 19:46

Mon the Danes, get into this pishy haircut team

Spat ma tea oot all over ma fone.... Funniest thing I've read on here for ages.
Well played sir 👏 👏 👏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:02

The Danes look absolutely spent. When they have possession now they are just hoofing it clear.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:05

It's like watching a boxer lose the last bits of energy before they get kod
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:05

Danes need penalties

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:10

Game over
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:11

Never a penalty
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:12

Naaahh I wanted England to win but not like this, that wasn’t a penalty.
[IP address logged]

Diving spawny gits !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]

What`s the point of var when players can still cheat to get a penalty?

[IP address logged]

Never a penalty.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:13

Diving bastard. Does it every single game

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]

I don't want England to win but the Ref got that right
[IP address logged]

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 7 Jul 22:12

What`s the point of var when players can still cheat to get a penalty?

Just been saying the same to my mates. That clear and obvious rule is daft. A mistake is a mistake.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:14

It has to be a clear and obvious error to overturn a referee decision apparently.

There was naff all in that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:15

Never ever ever a penalty

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:15

England deserve to win this game, no question, but that is one of the softest awards I've ever seen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:16

If the ref hadn’t blown his whistle he would have went to the box, had a look and played on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:17

He was clipped take off the rose tinted glasses
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:18

Can you imagine the final with Italy! Will surely set a record for number of free kicks awarded.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:19

Basically Berry, a dive is a dive, if VAR cant reverse that decision there is no point of using it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:20

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 7 Jul 22:17

He was clipped take off the rose tinted glasses

Even the English commentators have just described it as generous!
[IP address logged]

Why the feck is grealish off

[IP address logged]

Laughing at the commentators in the break trying desperately to find some form of contact to justify the pen! 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:22

Game’s done if penalties are given for that

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:23

Quote:

DBP, Wed 7 Jul 22:20

Laughing at the commentators in the break trying desperately to find some form of contact to justify the pen! 😂

Even funnier when Dixon just gave up and said I don't care
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:25

seems they can only win things when given dubious decisions
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:25

Exactly RTL and I thought that was what VAR was for, to stop these really daft penalties being awarded.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:26

Am I making this up but was there not a second ball on the pitch at the time the pen was awarded?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:28

Quote:

Berry, Wed 7 Jul 22:26

Am I making this up but was there not a second ball on the pitch at the time the pen was awarded?

I thought I seen a second ball on the park before Sterling made his way into the box aswell. Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me also
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:38

Deserved their win, just a shame the way they got it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:40

There`s absolutely no attempt at objectivity in the commentary. There`s no acknowledgement that anyone will be watching other than a rabid England fan.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:42

An own goal and a non penalty. Didn't like the way they did it but they were the better side.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:44

Quote:

PARS207, Wed 7 Jul 22:25

seems they can only win things when given dubious decisions

It was a shocking decision but outside of a 15 minute spell in the 1st half they were the better side. The Danes didn't have enough depth on the bench and ever since the 5 subs were made, England were easily the better side.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:44

I’m not a fan of folk saying teams ‘deserved’ to win. You deserve to win if you score more legitimate goals than your opponent.

You shouldn’t be judged as a better team because of being more offensive, other teams tactics may be to defend first, catch on break.

For me that wasn’t a penalty and decision should’ve been reversed.

Did Denmark not deserve better for being solid defensively and only to lose out to a dodgy goal, they could have kept them at bay and won the shootout.

I wanted England to win, not in the way they did.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 22:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:45

Quote:

Berry, Wed 7 Jul 22:26

yip sterling dribbled past it, question is should thr ref have stopped the game, see it happen all the time but clearly not tonight

powder puff England tonight, struggled against the 1st half decent team they have come up against

got every decision and bit of luck going, wait for the Italian squad go down with covid next....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:51

Yes England,deserved it on pressure, but never a penalty.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:52

Sterling demonstrates the sort of win at all cost attitude that was foreign to the Danes. The fact that after that wee naff conned a penalty out of the ref that none of the Danes didn`t decide to give him something to go down over is a credit to them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:56

I refuse to watch the Final it is going to be unsufferable if they beat Italy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 22:59

It`s official - dodgy decisions are OK if they go your way.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 23:05

The better team won on the night but watching Kanes' antics repeatedly chucking himself to the ground and Sterling going down before he was tickled makes me puke

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 23:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 23:07

Sterling and Kane are serial divers. They do it week in and week out for their clubs, but it’s ok as they are England players

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Wed 07 Jul 23:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 23:07

Quote:

Berry, Wed 7 Jul 22:44

I’m not a fan of folk saying teams ‘deserved’ to win. You deserve to win if you score more legitimate goals than your opponent.

You shouldn’t be judged as a better team because of being more offensive, other teams tactics may be to defend first, catch on break.

For me that wasn’t a penalty and decision should’ve been reversed.

Did Denmark not deserve better for being solid defensively and only to lose out to a dodgy goal, they could have kept them at bay and won the shootout.

I wanted England to win, not in the way they did.

You never know what's going to happen if that penalty isn't given. England might still score anyway as they'd have the impetus to score if its 1 1 whereas 2 1 they just dominate the game and see it through. The Danes might have sneaked a win. We'll never know. All you can do is look at the game you've watched and say England were the better side but the penalty shouldn't have been given.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 23:27

Unfortunately my prediction of the travel being a factor proved correct as Denmark ran out of steam (hence England looking like the better team)

England have travelled far less than the other teams & in the 2 games this week that has shown up big time if you look at all 4 teams (during the extra times especially)

2 good semi finals up to a point tho but never a pen tonight & again VAR proves useless.

England will win now on Sunday - they're not tired, they have a large home crowd & they're getting dodgy decisions & scoring flukes!

Urgh - I may finally have to cancel Sky Sports News etc 😱🤪

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 23:31

Well that's any news channel or program and sky sports football channels being boycotted for the next week, plus radio channels.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Jul 23:55

We are all Italy

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 06:00

Be poetic justice if Italy, dived and cheated their way to victory on Sunday, but I can't see anything, for the reasons given above, but an England win 😫😫

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 07:41

"Be poetic justice if Italy, dived and cheated their way to victory on Sunday, but I can`t see anything, for the reasons given above, but an England win 😫😫"

I`d rather Italy lost, than cheat their way to the trophy, Big T. England were much the better team last night and Denmark were out on their feet towards the end. England would almost certainly have continued to attack and score from open play or a free kick, if that pen hadn`t been awarded. If it had gone to pens, who knows?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 08:00

England were the better and England had the better players but we can`t know for sure that England would have scored. Denmark may have continued to defend resolutely and deny the English and in a penalty shoot out it becomes a toss of a coin. Sterling cheated them out of that chance.

PS GG, could you start the Final thread soon. You always open those type of threads so well.

Post Edited (Thu 08 Jul 08:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 08:27

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 8 Jul 08:00

England were the better and England had the better players but we can`t know for sure that England would have scored. Denmark may have continued to defend resolutely and deny the English and in a penalty shoot out it becomes a toss of a coin. Sterling cheated them out of that chance.

PS GG, could you start the Final thread soon. You always open those type of threads so well.

Can't disagree with any of your post, TOWK.

Starting the Final thread now is a bit too soon, don't you think? I'll wait and hear the news from the Italian camp first. You won't be able to avoid every minutiae from the English camp - we'll be bombarded with it morning, noon and night. ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 09:51

Christ they are all going on now about how the Denmark goal shouldnt have stood cause of the position of the Denmark players infront of the English wall......

They really need learn the laws of the game and stop covering up things like the shocking decision of a penalty they got, and fact the game should been stopped just before it as was 2nd ball on the park in the active area.

Wait for the attitude from them change when the italians throw themselves to the floor and get decisions.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 09:57

Until this morning I hadn`t realised Denmark played the whole of the second half of extra time with only ten men because they`d used all their subs. I remember that excruciating commentator made a passing reference to them being a man short but I didn`t appreciate it was permanent. Denmark must be feeling the fates conspired against them in this tournament.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jjonjord  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 11:47

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 8 Jul 09:57

I remember that excruciating commentator made a passing reference to them being a man short but I didn`t appreciate it was permanent.

If I remember correctly, he didn't even bother to tell us which player it was that had gone off! Also no reference to the 5 or so minutes where Kjaer was playing up front. There's been a lot of comment on co-commentators / pundits being poor in this competition (and across the board), but the commentary from Matterface is up there with the absolute worst of it. Complete drivel.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 12:28

Matterface has been horrific on TalkSport for many years and has carried similar form into his career as a commentator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 12:43

A friend reminded me this morning how Bill McLaren used to commentate on rugby internationals involving Scotland with scrupulous neutrality.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 12:53

Raheem and Arry trying on their European cup final suits

https://www.padi.com/gear/body-suits

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 13:15

Chuckle buspass

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 13:27

Sam Matterface - “If this comes off, you can do what you want tonight.

“You’ve had a terrible 16 months; kids you can stay up, don’t you dare go to bed. The rest of you, call your boss, you ain’t coming in in the morning.

“You deserve this. England deserve this. Feel it, ride it. All that outpouring of emotion is just 50 seconds away"

Clown

Post Edited (Thu 08 Jul 13:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 14:12

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 8 Jul 13:27

“You’ve had a terrible 16 months; kids you can stay up, don’t you dare go to bed. The rest of you, call your boss, you ain’t coming in in the morning.

“You deserve this. England deserve this. Feel it, ride it. All that outpouring of emotion is just 50 seconds away"

Clown

He makes a fair point though, if convenient the virus isn't a threat, money involved...no threat.
Want to go to a good friend's funeral....threat, school sports day...threat.
We're being taken for mugs.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 14:43

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 8 Jul 14:12

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 8 Jul 13:27

Clown

He makes a fair point though, if convenient the virus isn't a threat, money involved...no threat.
Want to go to a good friend's funeral....threat, school sports day...threat.
We're being taken for mugs.

Rare we agree but 💯.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 14:49

Sky bet offering 20/1 for Maguire to score a header in 90mins on sunday

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 15:06

At which end?

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 15:10

I didn`t realise Sam Matterface was making a political point there. He`s obviously a smarter guy than we`re giving him credit for.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 15:38

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 07 Jul 23:07

All you can do is look at the game you've watched and say England were the better side but the penalty shouldn't have been given.

I agree - England were the better side and did deserve to win but that was never a penalty and another Sterling dive. How does VAR not reverse that or at least get ref to go and have a look?

As for the commentary. My experience was different - we also had a feed with English commentators here in SA. I think it was old Arsenal and England player Alan Smith who was adding comments as the ex-pro and he very quickly announced that Sterling going down was surely a dive and should be reversed by VAR.

I’m with Parallax on this. While by nature I am very competitive and want to win, I too hate the deliberate diving and feigning of injury to cheat your way to winning at all costs. The idea that being touched gives you the right to collapse in a heap is bs. If they had the will to do so (which they currently don’t) FIFA could reverse it with use of video evidence and by introducing strong disincentives for doing so. Problem is that players and teams can currently benefit from diving rather than staying on their feet if touched,and are therefore incentivized to do so. Only way to change this is to change incentives to strongly discourage and penalize diving. Coaches would then actively discourage it. For example a diver trying to win a penalty like Sterling last night with a deliberate dive (even if touched) could be sent off for trying to cheat to get a probable goal. In addition, or as an alternative to a sending off perhaps a penalty could instead be awarded at the other end to the team cheated against in the penalty box. Sterling then instead of helping win the game might have cost them the game. Similarly VAR could alert referees to clear cases of players trying to get other players carded by collapsing holding their faces when they weren’t touched anywhere near there. Give them straight red cards too. Suspensions could also be increased according to a scale for repeat simulation offenders to send a clear message and further disincentivized it. For me this cheating is a cancer that tarnishes the “beautiful game” which would be better without it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 15:38

Every chance that after Sunday Raheem Sterling will have a winners medal around neck, a a financial premium placed on his footballing services as well as more lucrative sponsorship opportunities and it won`t be long till he is at the palace for his knighthood. But remember kids, cheats never prosper.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 17:06

https://youtu.be/So6hGOr8jek

Cringe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 17:22

A Man with the Commons touch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 18:12

Football won`t chance because the controversy created by these events means incidents get viewed and debated on youtube/social media, with all the advertisements in the background, it`ll mean more money by keeping it that way

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Jul 18:33

A country that openly booed their own black players while then proceeding to go on and win the Euros with the help of those targeted would sum up the last 18 months quite perfectly. A complete and utter sh*tshow..

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net