DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Loyalty not a two way street!
Topic Originator: Parnear  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 15:57

Ok so I purchased my season ticket last year and to be fair to the pars didn’t know what was coming. That aside I put up with the streaming debacle and the poor (I know they’re trying) commentary team.
So the new season is upon us and being a loyal supporter I’ve already got my season ticket without really knowing what’s going to happen in terms of access and what ever else the pandemic might throw at us. I therefore find it really disappointing that the pars intend to charge season ticket holders (regardless of any discount) for tickets to the Dumbarton game and presumably any other cup match. Surely the board could do better to acknowledge loyal fans and make support reciprocal.

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Loyalty not a two way street!
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 16:02

Really??

Bar one season in the recent and semi recent past, season ticket holders have always had to pay for league cup games.

The away side are due 50% of the gate after costs, so the club would be chucking large amounts of money away letting season ticket holders in for nothing. At end of a global pandemic I hardly think we are in any position to be loosing money so easily do u ?

Everyone knows what they get with season ticket when they purchase one so no point moaning about it now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 16:18

PARS207 wrote:

> Really??
>
> Bar one season in the recent and semi recent past, season
> ticket holders have always had to pay for league cup games.
>
> The away side are due 50% of the gate after costs, so the club
> would be chucking large amounts of money away letting season
> ticket holders in for nothing. At end of a global pandemic I
> hardly think we are in any position to be loosing money so
> easily do u ?
>
> Everyone knows what they get with season ticket when they
> purchase one so no point moaning about it now.

You’ve totally missed the point….. we didn’t know and don’t know what we’re getting but we’re still prepared support the club. I see nothing to suggest there’s anything coming the other way.

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 16:25

Apart from a game of football…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 17:19

prepared to support the club but want in for nothing at the league cup games.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 17:40

Quote:

Parnear, Fri 9 Jul 16:18

PARS207 wrote:

> Really??
>
> Bar one season in the recent and semi recent past, season
> ticket holders have always had to pay for league cup games.
>
> The away side are due 50% of the gate after costs, so the club
> would be chucking large amounts of money away letting season
> ticket holders in for nothing. At end of a global pandemic I
> hardly think we are in any position to be loosing money so
> easily do u ?
>
> Everyone knows what they get with season ticket when they
> purchase one so no point moaning about it now.

You’ve totally missed the point….. we didn’t know and don’t know what we’re getting but we’re still prepared support the club. I see nothing to suggest there’s anything coming the other way.

You got this wrong mate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 18:07

It's maybe time to reflect (again) on what is "the club". It certainly isn't some vast corporate entity ripping off gullible fans.

At least until the German investors take over majority control, "the club" is all of us who continue to invest our time and money in Dunfermline Athletic, in most cases for little or no tangible reward other than the satisfaction / enjoyment / misery of seeing our team play football. That is true for every Pars fan from the Chairman to the first-time attendee at EEP.

There is nobody making a mint out of inflated prices, every penny is accounted for - so every concession on pricing means a reduction in income and therefore a cut in expenditure somewhere else. There could be price reductions for specific marketing campaigns that result in increased total revenue, but giving free entry to matches where DAFC still has to pay the visiting team wouldn't make sense.)

It's great that so many Pars fans have bought season tickets for the second year in a row not knowing how the season will pan out - but we all did so knowing which matches we were getting for our ST money (plus, I think, the option of watching them on Pars TV).

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 18:38

Quote:

That aside I put up with the streaming debacle and the poor (I know they’re trying) commentary team.

if you could supply some information on the "debacle" you refer it would be appreciated, so that we can resolve the issues you had. As far as I was aware there were the occassional minor issue but nothing major.

I would also take task with you on your comments on the commentary team.
however, I guess everyone is entitled to their opnion.

Post Edited (Fri 09 Jul 18:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 18:44

Good post Stanza

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 18:54

Ok guys I get the strength of feeling …but how about a gesture from the club…ffs a free pie (would need a hostage negotiator to get that) 50/50 ticket or just something to say thanks.

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DaveCPar  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 19:14

I think you are forgetting something! The club gave you a discount on the normal walk in price when you purchased your season ticket! They are not a charity and given all the issues recently I imagine every pound of income and expenditure is closely monitored.

Like you, the club does not know what the future holds and this season could be every bit as difficult as last season.

We need to be thankful that our board are making the best they can out of a difficult situation and they need our full support. I hardly think the offer of a free pie would encourage more supporters to buy a season ticket!!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 19:54

DaveCPar wrote:

> I think you are forgetting something! The club gave you a
> discount on the normal walk in price when you purchased your
> season ticket! They are not a charity and given all the issues
> recently I imagine every pound of income and expenditure is
> closely monitored.
>
> Like you, the club does not know what the future holds and this
> season could be every bit as difficult as last season.
>
> We need to be thankful that our board are making the best they
> can out of a difficult situation and they need our full
> support. I hardly think the offer of a free pie would encourage
> more supporters to buy a season ticket!!!
>
Are you for real? It’s the gesture not the pie!!
> Bail out

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 20:47

I`ve never understood why some fans feel the club should make some sort of financial acknowledgement of their support.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 20:54

You may not like it but I`m still waiting for someone to post a rational argument for the club paying fans for supporting the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 21:17

Parnear, I'll agree with you, as unpopular as it might be.
If you hadn't bought a season ticket and paid for the streams every fortnight you would have spent less money (as I understand it) as well as the fact that you've paid up front and I don't think that's right.
We all know that there's no profits being skimmed off the top and it's all goes into the pot to run the club but I think there should have been a gesture of some sort to recognise the deficit, even if it was a voucher for £30 off this year's season ticket. Anyone that didn't want to use it didn't need to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 21:29

I think we need to be more understanding that in the current times we aren’t going to always get what we were used to.
However the Ops suggestion isn’t a novel one there’s a club not too far from here that have given it’s first 1000 season ticket purchasers free entry to the 1st game in this cup, it’s not quite the same as handing £12 back to them either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DaveCPar  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 21:39

So taking your idea JTH123, if 2000 season ticket holders from last season were to buy a season ticket for this season and they were to be given £30 off their season ticket for this season, that would cost the club £60,000!

I would far prefer for this amount of money to be invested in strengthening the team.

That would be a far better gesture from the club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 21:54

Back to my first point….likely crowd v Dumbarton? In the middle of summer holidays and not yet out of lockdown, social distancing, masks etc. etc what would it cost the club….it’s a gesture, an acknowledgment and a show of support. The money doesn’t matter.

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 21:59

Yes that's right DaveCPar. And if 200 adult season ticket holders don't renew because they don't think the season ticket is value for money that also comes to about £60k. I know that vat comes into play as well but you can see my point.
I'm sure you'll also appreciate that many season ticket holders wouldn't bother to use the voucher so the club would still get their full price.
Its always been the case that the fan gets a discount on the walk up price for parting with their cash in one lump up front. It's only common sense.
I'll be buying my season tickets next week by the way.

Post Edited (Fri 09 Jul 22:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 23:50

Maybe some sort of points per £ scheme like many companies or credit cards do? Many pay for season tickets, monthly centenary lifeline, shirts, etc. so some sort of loyalty scheme may work based upon contribution.
I get the point about the club not being a charity, but the point is to recognise and reward for individual input and loyalty. It’s good business acumen to look to incentivise those loyal to you to encourage remain and repurchase, otherwise in these times, it’s easier for people to walk away. It’s a very common business model these days
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 10 Jul 00:13

For what it’s worth I have put lots of money, well lots to me to DAFC for the last 10 years or so, including sponsorship, season tickets for the family etc etc. I sponsored a player last year and have done so for many years for £200, and received a shirt, with a thousand creases in it stuffed in an envelope 6 months after the season end , unsigned as the player had left( maybe another player or the manager might have signed it ? ) Asked the club politely via email their opinion with no response
£200 sorry not this year
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sat 10 Jul 07:16

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Sat 10 Jul 00:13

For what it’s worth I have put lots of money, well lots to me to DAFC for the last 10 years or so, including sponsorship, season tickets for the family etc etc. I sponsored a player last year and have done so for many years for £200, and received a shirt, with a thousand creases in it stuffed in an envelope 6 months after the season end , unsigned as the player had left( maybe another player or the manager might have signed it ? ) Asked the club politely via email their opinion with no response
£200 sorry not this year

Sorry to hear of your issues. Did you raise the email with the club directly and also a response depends on the content of the email. For example, where Brian was challenged about live stream he requested specifics. People who are solving your problems need specifics. Detail specifics. Without them it really is not possible to help. It sounds pedantic I know, but it is the reality of a business that without them, nothing can be done to improve the situation.
I understand you are upset about specific items and I am not asking you to air them to a forum, but rather talk rationally to the club on how your problems could have been made less or avoided completely. I do not for one minute believe someone sets about to do a bad job at DAFC. Very seldom have I seen this in over 30 years in business. However blind spots in any company can appear when under pressure which football teams most definitely were last season.
My advice to you is to write your problems down with specifics.
Write potential suggestions of improvement where you see them.
And be prepared for potential compromise. Some of your complaints may be unfounded or suggestions unworkable.
If, after that, you are still not happy, then you could write to a forum.
I know the last sentence sounds harsh but if you have wrote only one email which was not responded to then it could have
- Been missed
- Went to SPAM
- accidentally deleted

Take it up again with the club with the above suggestions and ask for a reply or even a phone call. Quicker to talk than write, but the details must be laid out prior to any discussion as they will not have a clue what you are talking about.
The club do offer supporters nights for discussion also.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 10 Jul 08:05

Good post Parsmad68
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 10 Jul 14:36

Excellent post from parsmad68.

The only other thing to add is that the club has a Supporter Liaison Officer (Drew Main) who is available (andrew@dafc.co.uk) to deal with any complaints, concerns or suggestions.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Jul 14:39)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net