DAFC.net
Home 26 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 England `Fans`
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 06:32

No doubt there will be apologists telling us these morons represent only a tiny minority and are not real fans, but they really are the lowest of the low.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57813679

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57814154

I'm pleased that the obnoxious Priti Patel has been outed for her disgraceful stance, resulting in these Neanderthals feeling empowered to carry out their vile abuse.

Talk about pulling up the ladder behind you......

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Jul 06:33)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: England "Fans"
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 07:33

Imagine they all sit out the next tournament. An all white team. Let's see how they'd do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 08:37

From Aunty :-

England footballer Tyrone Mings has accused the home secretary of pretending to be disgusted by racist abuse, after she previously described taking the knee as "gesture politics".

Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka and Jadon Sancho were targeted after they missed penalties in the Euro 2020 final.

Priti Patel said she was "disgusted" by the online abuse directed at the trio.
Mings said she had "stoked the fire" by refusing to criticise fans who booed the England team for taking the knee.

Ms Patel declined to comment on his tweet.

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 09:37

When the penalties were being taken I never for one second looked at those boys and thought that they were black. I saw footballers. I genuinely never noticed until it was posted on this forum questioning what racial abuse they will receive.
I genuinely feel for those lads as people, they have families who will be having their hearts pulled out in anguish for their kids and for the wrong reasons which will eventually turn to anger if there is no resolution.
I would like to make a suggestion that as progressive supporters, that we can reach out and support these gents in some way to acknowledge the issue and that we stand beside them in this tough time for them.
I don’t know how this could be achieved or how it could be done but society needs to stamp out these behaviours in football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 10:16

I have to agree 68, It never occurred to me they were black players until the next morning when I seen the news headlines.
Scum like this have no place in society never mind football, as stated above it will get swept under the carpet as a tiny minority.

Absolute @r$€holes

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 10:50

Guys just a thought. Players have walked off in matches for being racially abused. If the England players were to turn to their fans and just walk off the park instead of just condemning it verbally do you think the message would get through ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 10:53

Didn't a player do that recently? The thing that would make the biggest statement would be for players of colour to turn down their next England cap. See how England perform without them.

Whether these neanderthals like it or not, England is a fairly diverse country.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 11:21

A couple of points here from my own point of view.
It’s interesting that the skin colour of the three penalty ‘transgressors’ didn’t even occur to some folks. I have to be honest and say that I knew, straight away, that this vile behaviour would rear its ugly head - I said so at the time to my mates with whom I was watching the game.
The thought that the black team members should just skip a game or so in protest crossed my mind too - but that would give the vermin posting this online abuse exactly what they want. You just can’t cave in in the face of such provocation.
Isn’t the whole episode a truly sad indictment of the society in which we live!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 11:42

What they should do in the next game is name the team as usual, take the knee as usual , when the knuckle draggers boo them(we all know they are going to) , the black players should walk off, GS makes all his subs before a ball is kicked, if there is not enough black players in the starting line up then captain Harry Kane should be next to walk.
Game gets played and players get the message across

Or start the game with 11 black players to show the racist bar stewards they aren't going anywhere

Post Edited (Tue 13 Jul 11:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Leamington_sPAR  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 13:07

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 13 Jul 11:42

What they should do in the next game is name the team as usual, take the knee as usual , when the knuckle draggers boo them(we all know they are going to) , the black players should walk off, GS makes all his subs before a ball is kicked, if there is not enough black players in the starting line up then captain Harry Kane should be next to walk.
Game gets played and players get the message across

Or start the game with 11 black players to show the racist bar stewards they aren't going anywhere

There was a time the stands/terraces could self police, has society lost the art of calling these racist morons out? We all have a part to play and zero tolerance should practised in the grounds.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 13:17

Was sad to see that the person shining the laser onto Schmeichel didn't get caught. Higher percentage of idiots these days I think so the self policing seems to be much less likely.

Suspect policing numbers are significantly lower too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 13:22

The racist abuse isn`t really happening in the grounds though. It is mostly happening online, anonymously and sometimes not even by people living in England. Say what you like about English football but they must be doing something right to encourage those from ethically diverse backgrounds to participate in the game. A good chunk of their players at both national and club level come from these minorities. Meanwhile I can only think of two `homegrown` black players to ever represent Scotland, Chris Iwelumo and Kevin Harper.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 13:24

Lemington would like to think if any of these idiots were at EEP then the fans would police it ourselves, but I would imagine the stewards/police would eject/arrest both parties. IMHO worth it but I don't know how many people would say anything

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 13:43

I`m not surprised at it either and, although I wanted England to lose, I really wanted Rashford to score with his penalty as he seemed the most likely target for this sort of thing. I`ve been impressed by what he`s said and done over the last year. If there`s such a thing as a positive to come from such an ugly situation, it`s that the players affected by this seem to have the support and understanding of most people, both from football fans and the wider population.

There`s talk of racism in football and while it`s certainly an issue, I think we have to be careful about categorising it as a football problem. I genuinely don`t know the answer to this, but is there evidence that it`s more prevalent among people who attend football matches than those who don`t? It seems to me to be a wider issue in society and that what we see in a football context is a symptom rather than the fundamental lissue in its self.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 13:50

Good post socks

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 14:07

Be in no doubt that Brexit combined with the most right wing Government in my lifetime has opened the doors to these racists.
They know of what they do and I fear, a lost cause for the foreseeable future.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 14:21

Without wanting to get too political about this the right wing credentials of the UK government pale into insignifance in comparison to some of the governments controlling or recently controlling some EU states.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 15:01

The problem with taking the knee or walking off the pitch etc is that it has no impact on online abuse. The players and public alike would be better doing a full boycott of all social media platforms which are allowed to operate without any accountability on the poster or the company. Social media allows the minority to have a very loud voice whilst hiding behind anonymity.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 15:03

Also if Italia 90 had been played now do you think Pearce and Waddle would have escaped online abuse? I doubt it. It wouldn't have been racist but ultimately it would have been vile all the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 15:39

Quote:

arpar, Tue 13 Jul 15:01

The problem with taking the knee or walking off the pitch etc is that it has no impact on online abuse. The players and public alike would be better doing a full boycott of all social media platforms which are allowed to operate without any accountability on the poster or the company. Social media allows the minority to have a very loud voice whilst hiding behind anonymity.

That's not a problem with taking the knee. It's a problem with the knuckle draggers that won't pay any heed to the message and continue to behave like knuckle draggers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 16:01

"When the penalties were being taken I never for one second looked at those boys and thought that they were black. I saw footballers. I genuinely never noticed until it was posted on this forum questioning what racial abuse they will receive."

I`m no Mystic Meg, but here`s a post I wrote before the game:-

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Sun 11 Jul 07:03

"In all seriousness, if England do win, their black players may be afforded a short respite from the moronic element among own fans.

Lose the game and there`s sure to be an exponential increase in online abuse, especially if a black player is deemed to have made a decisive mistake."

It would have been great to have been completely wrong. I agree with Socks, who admits he wasn`t surprised, but he doesn`t believe that racism is a problem exclusive to football. Of course, there will be people with zero interest in football who piled in with the abuse because they are despicable cowards who can hide behind the anonymity afforded by SM platforms.

"Also if Italia 90 had been played now do you think Pearce and Waddle would have escaped online abuse? I doubt it. It wouldn`t have been racist but ultimately it would have been vile all the same."

A classic example of whataboutery, arpar. I don`t think you can compare the two. Any kind of abuse is horrible, despicable and demeaning, but racial abuse is probably as bad as it gets, in my humble one. Imagine hating someone you`ve never met because their skin is a different tone to yours?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 16:07

Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks like | nolike
Date: Tue 13 Jul 14:21

Without wanting to get too political about this the right wing credentials of the UK government pale into insignifance in comparison to some of the governments controlling or recently controlling some EU states.

Until now towk ? .... time will tell

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 16:08

"A couple of points here from my own point of view.
It’s interesting that the skin colour of the three penalty ‘transgressors’ didn’t even occur to some folks. I have to be honest and say that I knew, straight away, that this vile behaviour would rear its ugly head - I said so at the time to my mates with whom I was watching the game.
The thought that the black team members should just skip a game or so in protest crossed my mind too - but that would give the vermin posting this online abuse exactly what they want. You just can’t cave in in the face of such provocation.
Isn’t the whole episode a truly sad indictment of the society in which we live!"

An excellent post, parfection. Walking off may seem like a solution, but as you say, the morons would feel even more empowered. It`s like suspending a school pupil for truanting.

I think Kevin Prince Boateng walked off during a pre-season "friendly" in Italy, a few years back and was roundly criticised for booting the ball in the general direction of his abusers, who were performing monkey chants.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 17:48

The point I was trying to make is that SM abuse doesn't stop with racism. The trolls will pick anything to form the abuse. If it's not rasism it's anti semitism or homaphobic abuse or fat, ginger, child molester. The list is endless. Unless you tackle SM as a whole this will never go away.

The people need to be identified and made outcasts from society and currently that is very difficult to do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 18:03

Quote:

arpar, Tue 13 Jul 17:48

The point I was trying to make is that SM abuse doesn't stop with racism. The trolls will pick anything to form the abuse. If it's not rasism it's anti semitism or homaphobic abuse or fat, ginger, child molester. The list is endless. Unless you tackle SM as a whole this will never go away.

The people need to be identified and made outcasts from society and currently that is very difficult to do.

Apologies, mate. I misinterpreted the point you were trying to put across. ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 18:50

The England fans petition to replay the final is already at 116,514

[IP address logged]
 Re: England `Fans`
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:03

Well said Mings!

Have to say the more I hear and read about this guy and what he does off the pitch without making a song and dance… the more I’m impressed

The problem I have is I genuinely can’t emphathise with the sort of person who would do these things… so have no idea where they come from or what sort of message would reach through to them - it just doesn’t make sense to me… you may as well hate someone because they have a size 9 foot?

Post Edited (Tue 13 Jul 20:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:16

When I raised the “walk off” suggestion, depending on the circumstances eg WC tie at back of my mind was a financial impact on the game/s ie TV revenue, advertising , fan tickets revenue etc etc. With game disruption surely EUEFA, and WC bodies would be likely to pressurise media companies to do something. No ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:18

Size 9 foot would make more sence DBP, at least then you would have a reason like his feet are too small for me to steal his shoes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:26

Just read on reason for signing the petition for replay when I read this gem......

You English fans are incredible
1. You have cheated against denmark
2. You spit in our flag
3. You whistle on our hymn
4. After the match you fans have punched some italians fans
AND YOU STILL WANT TO REMAKE THE MATCH?!?!
I will sign just because you will see this frickin comment…
Shame on you

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:38

No-one should be surprised. They are not a majority but they are a significant minority and have created chaos at club and country level across Europe over the decades.
Now they are abusing their own because of colour.
The world cup venue should be denied England - for a generation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:56

Quote:

pacifist, Tue 13 Jul 19:38

No-one should be surprised. They are not a majority but they are a significant minority and have created chaos at club and country level across Europe over the decades.
Now they are abusing their own because of colour.
The world cup venue should be denied England - for a generation.

Apparently, England want to bid for the 2030 WC and dress it up as a UK and Ireland collaboration. I wonder who would vote for them?

Their stock will be lower than ever after this latest shameful episode. It is circulating the whole world at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 20:03

Fifa should tell them to get there house in order and will not entertain them as hosts of any tournament until they have done so.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 20:20

Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV like | nolike
Date: Tue 13 Jul 20:03

Fifa should tell them to get there house in order and will not entertain them as hosts of any tournament until they have done so.

Spot on MDCCCLXXXV but most of it has been well censored and hidden from the general public :(

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 22:16

Minority? Not in terms of influence. You must be joking. The Russian media has gloried in the scenes outside Wembley and so has of most of mainland Europe from what I can understand. Plague Island is the politest term I have seen used.

On DAFC.net we might be a limited bunch of greying panthers but many of us called out the result (victory for Italy) the reaction from England supporters (yobbery)) and the vitriolic abuse (racism) that would be aimed at any Black player who missed a crucial moment. None of us had to be Cassandras to see that outcome so I am sure none of us feel any joy in the what has unfolded. Others on here were seduced by talk of a `robust` England =no creative players; or Southgate, the great game manager, the Lord of Diversity. as PM instead of Johnson. Is there anyone on this site whose father/grandfather was not part of WW2? Why did Southgate mention it? Did he think he was unique? Or was he drawing a line between post war immigrants and his own family? When he is sacked I will shed no tears.

He was Keir Starmer and will continue to be. He is not threat to anyone, least of me, a Scotland supporter. He didn`t even manage to beat us.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 08:10

“None of us had to be Cassandras to see that outcome so I am sure none of us feel any joy in the what has unfolded.”

Had we been, no one would have believed us in any case. 😀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 11:13

Some accounts are coming out now of how fans managed to get in without tickets. Some pushed through behind someone with a ticket, some stormed gates for the disabled when they were opened briefly but regularly and some bribed stewards, for as little as £20 in some cases apparently. There was a lot of information exchanged via social media to organise and facilitate illegal entry. The fact that seats were socially distanced meant there were opportunities for illegal entrants to occupy seats without disturbing those who were there legitimately.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 12:21

From Aunty :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57829412

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 12:56

The 2030 WC - Realistically the only hope of bringing it to these shores is a joint UK bid. It would be very strong bid (whatever that means these days!)

What are peoples opinion on this considering its Scotlands only chance of hosting WC games?

.......Brazillians at Gayfield!

Post Edited (Wed 14 Jul 13:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 14:55

.......Brazillians at Gayfield!

I would suggest it`s a bit cold for that there and any protection against the cold would be retained.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 16:36

What are the World Cup rules around number of stadiums in cities? Is it maximum 2 per city? If so, I'd assume in Scotland we'd use Hampden and Fir Park? 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 19:45

"The England fans petition to replay the final is already at 116,514"

Is there procedural machinery to ensure that an individual can`t vote more than once ?

It`s not unknown for duplicate voting, allegedly - but that was in pre internet days.

Not that that is relevant in the real world - nonense like this will be laughed out of court.

Reminiscent of our petulant childhood mindset - the "it`s ma baw, an am gonnae go hame" attitude when losing !!!

Post Edited (Thu 15 Jul 08:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 20:32

There are definite duplicates there VEE, I came across 1 guy who was Italian that had posted at 6 times...

https://www.change.org/p/euros-2020-manager-daspo-for-england-fans?recruiter=1216055253&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

The link takes you to another petition for..

English fans are not allowed to enter national teams for racism inciting violence to Italians

😆

Post Edited (Wed 14 Jul 20:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 06:34

I think this will cost the UK any chance it had of getting the 2030 WC. The FA claim (with some justification) that it`s a societal problem and don`t appear to accept any blame or responsibility for it, but surely they should be doing all they can to educate and eradicate racism from football?

We have a Westminster Government which has discrimination built into its psyche and will not act for fear of alienating a significant proportion of its voters and is happy to pass the responsibility parcel on to the SM companies. They, in turn, complain that the task of finding and banning* all those responsible is well nigh impossible, but they say they are doing their best, which probably means we`ll probably be no further forward in 5-10 years time and beyond....

*How hard is it for anyone who is banned to return using a different name and email address? (I`m not on Facebook or Instagram although I have a Twitter account which I use about twice a year, without racially abusing or upsetting anyone.)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 09:52

This guy nails it

https://fb.watch/v/2QHZKw4hw/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 10:12

That is superb MDCCCLXXXV
A lot of truth in there

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 10:38

https://youtu.be/TVTEcoB14zg

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 10:46

Thats good G.G. sums it all up really

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 11:29

Enjoyed that GG.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 11:30

"I think this will cost the UK any chance it had of getting the 2030 WC. The FA claim (with some justification) that it`s a societal problem and don`t appear to accept any blame or responsibility for it, but surely they should be doing all they can to educate and eradicate racism from football?"

I doubt this will be what costs the UK hosting the 2030 World Cup. FIFA awarded the last competition to Russia, the next one to Qatar and 2026 is being hosted by USA/Canada/Mexico so I don`t think human rights abuses, racism and discriminatory behaviour is a deal breaker.
Confirmed bids for Euro 2028 include ones from Turkey and Bulgaria (wasn`t it just year that black England players were subject to vile abuse when playing in Sofia?) and Italy are widely expected to lodge their own bid and racist abuse of black players in Serie A has been routinely reported in recent years.
I suspect very few nations (very much Scotland as well) don`t have societal problems with racism and discriminatory attitudes so if that`s the criteria for not being allowed to host events then events are going to have to come to an end. Or we accept that these attitudes exist and use these events as another avenue to educate and try to open up minds that are currently closed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 14:14

Yeah it will all come down to profitability and I think a UK and Ireland event would be very profitable.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 14:29

I can't see fifa or uefa letting England have any tournaments after their neanderthal fans made an bottom of this one. I would go a step further and ban them until they prove their fans can at least act like human beings.
In saying that both authorities will say it was only a minority of English fans, it must be a very large minority that booing fans can be louder than an Italian national anthem

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net