DAFC.net
Home 29 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Old Firm Colts
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 20:52

Celtic B lost to Bonnyrigg Rose 2-1
The Rangers B won 2-0 v Boness
I wonder what the youngsters playing today learnt , and how is this going to produce more young talent for the national team ?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Old Firm Colts
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 21:01

Bonnyrigg are a good side so I am sure they will have learned a lot playing against experienced players, will definitely have learned more in that match than beating another colt team 5 nil. Bo’ness are also a progressive side in the lowland league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 21:14

There is a huge gap between colts and teams like Bonnyrigg not in terms of ability but physical presence and nous ... I remember that as a Laddie playing under 21 then playing against our local junior team ... Wow ... a lesson never to forget ..

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 22:05

Interesting BPP. How was it that players like Kenny Dalglish were `farmed out` to junior clubs to `toughen them up.` How the hell did they manage to produce anything productive in an environment of win at all costs? Were they just too technically good to be hammered? Or did they learn how to take the edge of physical opponents? It`s clearly an important part of how a young, aspiring professional develops but how does it happen?

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 00:32

The fact the we are talking about someone who played in the 70s suggests colt teams or not Scotland does not produce technically gifted footballers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 11:17

I'm shocked that football was invented when Buspass was a lad😉

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 11:58

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 18 Jul 00:32

The fact the we are talking about someone who played in the 70s suggests colt teams or not Scotland does not produce technically gifted footballers.

We do though...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 13:35

Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV like | nolike
Date: Sun 18 Jul 11:17

I`m shocked that football was invented when Buspass was a lad😉

Hehehe MDCCCLXXXV big leather ball with a lace .. leather boots and studs up to my ankles .. dubbin on the boots to keep them waterproof and supple .. and sawdust for lines and penalty spot :)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 15:04

BPP I remember heading the ball that you mentioned, especially when it was wet and you headed the laces. I can fully understand why many of the older pros have suffered. As I went to Alloa Academy and football in my early years was a no no. It was only when I was in S2 that we started to play soccer, football meant rugby. We played soccer with Mouldmasters they were bad enough.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 15:20

I also went to Alloa Academy eap Cricket and Rugby for me never football
Plenty when I got home tho ... and aye heading the wet cannonball on the lace was not good

Post Edited (Sun 18 Jul 15:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 01:21

Sawdust for lines? Better than creosote. Seem to remember putting dubbin on the football as well as the boots. Also the joy of playing at Pitreavie, nets! Warm up was standing close to the goal and scoring in a netted goal. Never had nets at Bull`s Park!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 09:21

Fresh creosote and a cut leg. Ouchy!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 11:06

Joy of playing at Pitreavie?

Unless a dog peed on the grass, then all games were off...waterlogged parks according to the caretaker!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 15:08

Know a couple of managers down south have spoken about preferring to send guys to National league etc and would rather do that than play an extended version of kids football in the U23/Development league. Will learn much more against men than playing against other academy teams etc. One of the main losses of a "competitive" Reserve league where young guys could learn from senior pros coming back from injury etc.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net