DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 DAFC Fussball GMBH Take Control
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 10:26

DAFC Fussball take up the next option 10 months early and purchase an additional 45.1% of the club.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DAFC Fussball GMBH Take Control
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 10:35

Perhaps we will see some additional benefits now .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 10:53

Let’s just hope this doesn’t end in disaster .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 11:03

This will either be brilliant or we will end up ground sharing with Rosyth and asking to join the East Of Scotland League.
I think this will work out well though, these guys seem to be the real deal. I predict we will be where St Johnstone are in 10 years but with a steady flow of quality coming through a youth set up being sold on for good money. Sustainable, continued success
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 11:03

SergioDuarte wrote:

> Let’s just hope this doesn’t end in disaster .

That’s what I expect from this forum pessimism - or in German Pessimismus

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 12:27

Excellent news I`m looking forward to how this pans out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 14:28

Good news.

Credit goes to the board for moving the club in this direction. Fan ownership is okay but it only gets you so far. We have a plan, stability and a good management team.

The future is looking bright........

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 14:35

well said angus, fan ownership can only take clubs so far.

exciting times ahead we all hope

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 14:50

couple things from the statement that no ones picked up on yet...

"DAFC Fussball GmbH kindly agreed to the existing Board of Directors request to bring forward the acquisition date. This now allows DAFC to implement a number of strategic plans such as planning our new training ground, forming our own Youth Academy once again, further investing in our coaching and medical staff, as well as other exciting planned initiatives"

Must be very confident of pushing thru the plans for the training ground at Rosyth!!

"The key investors are Thomas Meggle, Damir Keretic, Nick Teller and Dr. Albrecht Gundermann. "

To me that reads they have more people behind them and those 4 are the faces of he group?

On the training ground, would like to think that being the community based club that we are and the investors speak about, that contracting for the new training ground will heavily involve our local companies and sponsors.

Think we are all very excited to see the plans for on and off the park !!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 16:53

"I predict we will be where St Johnstone are in 10 years but with a steady flow of quality coming through a youth set up being sold on for good money. Sustainable, continued success"

cant find the old post but Damir Keretic did an interview last October and there was a part in that which said 5 to 8 years rebuilding the infrastructure/club, this isnt going to be a quick fix so a lot of patience will be required.

looking forward to seeing the plan for the training ground and other plans the new owners have, interesting times ahead for sure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 17:17

excellent post PARS207

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 17:22

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 21 Jul 11:03

This will either be brilliant or we will end up ground sharing with Rosyth and asking to join the East Of Scotland League.
I think this will work out well though, these guys seem to be the real deal. I predict we will be where St Johnstone are in 10 years but with a steady flow of quality coming through a youth set up being sold on for good money. Sustainable, continued success

Tae f*#£ with that Red star.

I'm not travelling to Perth for a home game🤪

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 17:26

Is there any detail on the training facility? Assuming we get the Civil Service site, there's a few things I'm not sure of:

Will we own the land or will it be leased from the CS? Or are co-owning with Rosyth FC?

Assuming we'll own and run the site, what are we agreeing to with Rosyth? I can't imagine they were paying much for the facilities on their old site.

Is the plan to relocate the facilities in the building at EEP, or is this a fairly simple changing rooms with pitches affair?

As with any asset, I'd hope we'll make it available to the community, but not at the expense of our own needs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 18:02

Some excellent questions and points there jake89

Would hope the new faciltity will be the place for the players and management during the week, training facilities, changing rooms with showers and mod cons, treatment rooms, gym relocated canteen, storage, the full nine yards.

Dont really see the point in having them have a training facility in rosyth and the players having to come back to eep for lunch or physio or the gym.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Adundeemonkey  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 18:54

I don`t understand why on any level it is acceptable to have Rosyth involved. As far as I am concerned having some pub players using our facilities is not in the interest of the club unless they are paying full price for access.

Its tuff being a Par but we love it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 19:53

Quote:

Adundeemonkey, Wed 21 Jul 18:54

I don`t understand why on any level it is acceptable to have Rosyth involved. As far as I am concerned having some pub players using our facilities is not in the interest of the club unless they are paying full price for access.

I think it's sensible to have other teams use the facility, but only if it doesn't interfere with the needs of DAFC. For example, we won't be using the facility on a Saturday outside the summer so why not allow use by another team? Do we train every day or would we need all of the facility when we need it?

It's a fairly big site so presumably there would be at least two full size pitches put in place?

What I wouldn't want to see would be the Pars footing the bill for something like terracing if it's only being put in for the benefit of Rosyth...unless they're paying a good amount of rent!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 20:13

I'm personally excited, the model we were on was very limited in scope, by necessity, no sleight on any of the board or Ross at all.
To be clear I am not "in the know" however someone who is sent me a message early doors in their involvement suggesting they were the real deal and exactly as advertised.

Again to be clear, I am not credible nor in the know, my source I would have reason to believe would know their stuff....that's what I have to go on, what I know of Ross is honest, so far the actions of the new owners has been hampered by certain restraints so not much to go on other than they have been good to their word so far..

Let's see what it all brings..

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 20:21

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Press_Conference_with_GmbH&ID=13232

the very last line hmmm, what will it be?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 20:23

"Positioning of the club" hmm..... Certainly exciting times ahead!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 20:35

Better understanding of what's been happening with any foreign signings hope we haven't missed out on any gems
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 20:51

Yes,I also think it's a really forward move.We have to go with the times,let's be positive, and look to move the profile of the club. Feel we have got in a rutt,let's advertise the club,and go for it !

Post Edited (Wed 21 Jul 20:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 21:37

Quote:

GJS93, Wed 21 Jul 20:21

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Press_Conference_with_GmbH&ID=13232

the very last line hmmm, what will it be?

Might be that I'm an idiot, but I don't get that last sentence at all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 21:47

I've no inside info, but it sounds like a proposal to link us up with a bigger club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 21:49

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 21 Jul 21:47

I've no inside info, but it sounds like a proposal to link us up with a bigger club.

Would make sense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigDaddyM  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 22:33

Sure I can mind something on the pars website about Ross looking around for clubs to make links with a while back, could be wrong though. But does feel like the most probable outcome.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 22:57

I think what they are talking about is a set of principles that will come to define us, the city and the club-
Dunfermline Athletic, in its totality of employees, supporters and volunteers, is part of the local community and as such is affected directly and indirectly by societal changes in the political, cultural and social spheres.

Dunfermline Athletic accepts this social responsibility and promotes the interests of its employees, supporters and volunteers beyond the sphere of sport.

Dunfermline Athletic is a club rooted in the community. It owes its identity to this and has a social and political responsibility towards the area and the people who live there.

Dunfermline Athletic conveys a way of life and is a symbol of sporting authenticity. This allows people to identify with the club independently of any success it may achieve on the pitch. Salient features of this identification opportunity are to be nurtured and protected.

Tolerance and respect in our mutual interactions are important pillars of the Dunfermline Athletic philosophy.

While Dunfermline consists of many sections today, it has been defined by football, both internally and externally, from the outset.

In addition to the general statutory provisions, the Stadium Regulations and Code of Conduct for Away Travel form the basis on which employees, supporters and volunteers of Dunfermline Athletic conduct themselves.

Individuals and groups should subject their present and future conduct to constant self-critical evaluation and be conscious of their responsibility for others. Adults should not forget that they are role models, especially for children and young people.

There are no ‘better’ or ‘worse’ fans. Everyone can give expression to their fandom as they see fit, provided their behaviour does not conflict with the above provisions.

Dunfermline Athletic will continue to be a good host. The club grants its guests far-reaching rights and expects this to be honoured accordingly.

The active fan base (i.e. primarily those actively involved on matchday) are the foundation for the emotionalisation of football, which in turn constitutes the basis for the marketability of Dunfermline Athletic.

Sponsors and commercial partners of Dunfermline Athletic and its products should be in accord with the social and political responsibility of the club.

Dunfermline Athletic shall lobby the respective governing bodies for the early scheduling of fixtures and supporter-friendly kick-off times.

The most important part of sport is the game played by the teams, so this should be the focus. The atmosphere is driven by the interaction of fans and players. The support programme should be characterised by matter-of-factness and the delivery of information relating to the club and the community.

The sale of goods and services at Dunfermline Athletic is driven not only by commercial considerations but also by the principles of social compatibility, divers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 23:52

I think to understand the likely direction it is worth looking at tge philosophy in Germany.
https://playerdevelopmentproject.com/understanding-germany/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 06:46

"Topic Originator: BoAPar
Date: Mon 7 Jun 04:43

Spending 2 years looking round Europe for a club, then buying the Pars to knock down EEP makes very little sense. The complexities and relatively low returns just don`t make it worth it. You`d also buy the ground as soon as you could (unless you think land prices will fall, but if you do, then your returns will also fall when you sell them as houses).

If that was their plan, surely they`d buy a non-League club in the South of England, where property values are much higher?

Perhaps (particularly Keretic`s IMG background), their ambitions are broader? For example, if the future of the game is football groups and feeder clubs (like the Man City model), then maybe their plan is to build a club that can be part of a bigger group?

If you wanted to do that, you`d not be too worried about the stadium (especially when you are priority tenant, paying a favourable rent, in a relatively modern stadium that is as big as you`re likely to need). Stadia are a big cost - not having that cost might be a bonus?

Instead, you`d look for a club that is accessible to transport (motorway and airport), close to a city that players will want to live (Edinburgh), doesn`t have any debt and is a fairly decent league (SPFL is pretty well regarded, despite what people in Scotland think).

Once you have the club, you invest in the facilities (particularly a training ground and youth facilities) and appoint a coach that is well regarded at bigger clubs (I have no idea if PG falls into this category, but he has coached at Premiership level).

Once you do that, you can start talking to the bigger clubs to be their Scottish "club" - you get access to better players and coaches and everything grows from there!

It`s a little bit "build it and they will come", but on current evidence, they don`t seem to be trying to run the club into the ground and asset strip, nor are they chucking big money at signings trying to get out of the Championship, nor are they signing up German 4th division cross a la Claude Anelka!"

My previous post on this...

I think the reference to an "Agency" in the recent statement might be a clue as to future intentions. All guess work, but perhaps the plan is to use us as an example to get future business for this agency (it could be linking big clubs and smaller clubs for example).

Like others, I`m not in the know, but something like this would mean that the consortium makes their money from advising other clubs/owners or whatever - if that`s the case, then it`s in the interests of the consortium to build a sustainable (but successful) model at DAFC.

An alternative theory...

The last sentence might refer to introducing a Sporting Director model like they have in Germany.

It already sounds like that is the role Meggle is playing (regular chats with PG, looking at players etc). The fact that the consortium had a say in PG`s appointment (because they liked the style of football he played at Alloa) might also point to that?

Post Edited (Thu 22 Jul 08:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 09:34

"I`ve no inside info, but it sounds like a proposal to link us up with a bigger club"

going by the comments on Brexit throughout but on this one just before the end, im thinking European but not necessarily a bigger club?

"Better understanding of what`s been happening with any foreign signings hope we haven`t missed out on any gems"

also costs 100 quid per "appeal" win or lose to go through the panel which they either have done a couple of times and obviously lost or were getting a sort of heads up before it got to that stage. i say go all out for the Estonian international midfielder i mentioned on here though ;) lol.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 12:37

the Courier version

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2395813/dunfermline-inspiration-st-pauli-new-german-owners-outline-vision-for-the-pars-thomas-meggle-damir-keretic-ross-mcarthur/

another interesting bit in there on the training ground, "Dunfermline were recently made preferred bidders for the Rosyth Civil Service site but chairman Ross McArthur is adamant that remains one ‘of a few’ options"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Barry 1968  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 12:51

Paderborn is the club we have spoken to before this takeover.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 17:06

I'd imagine there would be a lot of interest in linking with us. Aberdeen still speak very highly of the way the players they sent down were treated at the club. The fact we are looking to bring youth through and openly talk about it. Clubs may also look at selling to us with a first refusal and a buy back clause type deal. I'd also be wanting to bring on our own players instead of relying heavily on loan players that we have no chance in getting in on a permanent deal.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 17:13

"I don`t understand why on any level it is acceptable to have Rosyth involved. As far as I am concerned having some pub players using our facilities is not in the interest of the club unless they are paying full price for access"

meanwhile we are begging Alloa and Kelty to provide us with an all weather facility to train on...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 17:41

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Thu 22 Jul 17:13

"I don`t understand why on any level it is acceptable to have Rosyth involved. As far as I am concerned having some pub players using our facilities is not in the interest of the club unless they are paying full price for access"

meanwhile we are begging Alloa and Kelty to provide us with an all weather facility to train on...

Which we presumably pay for?

My view is it could be any team we lease bits out to, but only if it suits us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 17:49

Quote:

jake89, Thu 22 Jul 17:41

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Thu 22 Jul 17:13

Which we presumably pay for?

My view is it could be any team we lease bits out to, but only if it suits us.

I think it is about community engagement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 18:13

May be different to the Dundeemonkey, but my query is around the relationship with Rosyth. It sounds like this would be a partnership but surely our needs would need to come first? Also, why Rosyth? What about access for others? If we're allowing access by other teams then why call out Rosyth specifically?

It sounds like we may be looking elsewhere anyway but it's all quite intriguing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: geordie t  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 19:03

Kelty are tenants of the ground which I believe is owned by Fife council

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 19:33

Quote:

geordie t, Thu 22 Jul 19:03

Kelty are tenants of the ground which I believe is owned by Fife council

and your point is caller ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: geordie t  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 20:18

Earlier someone said we`re begging Kelty to use ground but info was wrong as anyone booking has to go through Fife council

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net