DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ground Improvement and Fan Experience
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 18:30

Looking forward getting back into the ground again and restrictions hopefully going to be part of the past, what improvements to the ground and fan experience would you like to see undertaken at EEP ??

Serious suggestions only !!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ground Improvement and Fan Experience
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 19:34

I know that this probably would never happen but I have always thought that the half time break could be used for a 15 mins senior players game between the 2 teams playing.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars For Europe  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 19:39

1. Lockers, not sure if these already exist but a safe place for fans to store flags, banners, drums, inflatable black puddings, sombreros etc. Works well for ice hockey teams.
2. Goal songs, ditch the ‘Glad all over’ and have every Pars player pick what song they want played when they score or have player sponsors decide. Given we are going to score for fun this year we will get bored of the same song.
3. Sammy the Tammy with a T-shirt cannon, everyone loves at short sighted bear armed with a T-shirt cannon. What could possibly go wrong?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 19:54

Love those suggestions Pars for Europe, especially 2, Glad all over doesn't really resonate with me when we score.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:02

Please can the loudspeaker system in the main stand be repaired/replaced?

It is impossible to hear anything where we sit, just muffled noise. it has been like this for years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:02

Quote:

Pars For Europe, Mon 19 Jul 19:39
3. Sammy the Tammy with a T-shirt cannon, everyone loves at short sighted bear armed with a T-shirt cannon. What could possibly go wrong?

What if Ned brings his wife and she's stood at the back of the Norrie?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:09

I don’t smoke but let those who do have a designated area to have a smoke in. I’m now at the stage of my life where I want to take my 4 year old and I’d rather no go to the toilet with him and it’s full of cigarette smoke. It would t normally bother me if I was on my own but it would if I had my kid. Let those who want a tab have it outside. Smokers shouldn’t be treated like they’re scum.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:14

Standing areas which have been cried out for a generation. Why the hell Dunfermline don’t agree with this has always been a mystery to me.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:28

Get rid of songs played over the tannoy when we score, just let the crowd cheer, let the players hear the applause, and then let the crowd burst into song naturally. I find all that the piped music does is absolutely kills the atmosphere when we score, it deadens it. Let the crowd ROAR
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:36

More music from local bands (assuming at least one of the members is a Pars fan).

Bit more varied food offering, particularly for families.

Look at ways of making it more of a day for families in general.

Agree with a standing area but would be reliant on the SPFL supporting and obviously there's a cost attached.

It'd be nice to see PARS or DAFC written in the seats like you see at a lot of other stadiums.

Tannoy (yes, I know Tannoy is the brand) needs fixed/replaced.

Smoking in the toilets needs to stop. Either people need to last 2 hours without a smoke or there needs to be some form of smokers area. I assume people can't congregate in the corner between the main stand and Norrie?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:37

Would be good to be able to have a beer at half time. You can do this at English and Welsh games and obviously it`s good source of income. I`ve been to games like Cardiff v Swansea and Leeds v Cardiff and had a beer before game and at half time. These are volatile fixtures but you can`t get a pint at Dunfermline v Morton for example.
Obviously out with the remit of the club but can`t get my head round it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 20:38

agree about the music and when we score, out dated and needs changed.

smoking.....not a case as classing smokers like that Zod, but if u go to the cinma say for even a longer time than football lasts, people can manage without smoke as an example.

anything with sammy with explosives, arms, gets my vote lol

standing..... prob not been done due to finances, but if they ever did do it, i would suggest safe standing to be installed in say the back 4 or 5 rows of the NW stand, so doesn`t block anyone`s view which in the NW can be easily done.

Cant say the loudspeaker was an issue in the main stand when been there for early season cup games or u20 games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 21:02

I don’t smoke but I don’t see why smokers shouldn’t be allowed to go out one of the fire exits at the back of the Norrie, providing a steward watches over. At the North West smokers go out towards the turnstiles and a steward watches over, saves the bogs being like an episode of Stars In Your Eyes.

Tannoy in the NW is guff, rarely hear the centenary draw or 50/50.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 21:26

Stop the music when we score, no need.

Improve catering, add more choice pizza, burgers, soup etc

Open the bit under the tv gantry again, the misdemeanours were a long time ago and let away fans into the NE which would add to the atmosphere.

pre-match family entertainment to make it more of a day out for the kids, Sammy back to his old antics

Stewards not standing up 5 mins before half time and the end blocking the view of fans in the front few rows

Players coming across to the NW during warm up to sign autographs for the kids like they used to do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars For Europe  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 21:34

One more.

Open the ground earlier, have the Pars ladies team on first then the men’s team after. Same ticket, two games, increase awareness of the ladies team and increase commercial sales.

Went to a game in Finland years back where this was the norm. They did however have a plastic pitch, not sure how the East End pitch would hold up.

Would need to align the two teams home games but would create more of a festival day than a single event.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davidpars1885  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 22:12

The seats to be repainted red, they have been faded for a while now and if they were freshened up, it would make the stadium look much better!

We are the loyal, Dunfermline loyal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davidpars1885  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 22:22

When full attendance is aloud again, open the north west stand right up so supporters can spread out and use the other side of the North West?

We are the loyal, Dunfermline loyal
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 22:24

Yeh the having games before the main game or even at half time for adults wouldn't be great for the pitch so think they would be non starters.

Hoping the catering gets modernised so contacless payments, some more choice too.

One for the likes of Brian who could answer this maybe, possibility of having the game on TV screens in the catering areas around the ground so fans when go down for something don't miss out on the action.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 22:25

Quote:

davidpars1885, Mon 19 Jul 22:22

When full attendance is aloud again, open the north west stand right up so supporters can spread out and use the other side of the North West?

u mean open the north east for home fans ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 22:41

Quote:

davidpars1885, Mon 19 Jul 22:12

The seats to be repainted red, they have been faded for a while now and if they were freshened up, it would make the stadium look much better!

Can't paint them. I remember being in the Camp Nou and their seats are far more faded due to the weather. I think the only way of bringing them back is to lightly burn the seat, but this will only last so long and eventually the plastic will become brittle and crack (you used to be able to do this on the old Corsa, which was notorious for faded plastics).

Edited to add - turns out the flame method doesn't work on football seats. Seemingly once they fade the colour is gone.

Post Edited (Mon 19 Jul 22:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 22:43

Is catering not contactless now? I assumed it would be as everywhere appears to be pushing contactless where possible. Even my window cleaner prefers it now whereas before it'd be the "let me get the machine...ach, this thing never gets a signal".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 23:01

Quote:

jake89, Mon 19 Jul 22:43

Is catering not contactless now? I assumed it would be as everywhere appears to be pushing contactless where possible. Even my window cleaner prefers it now whereas before it'd be the "let me get the machine...ach, this thing never gets a signal".

wasn't at the last games before lockdown and no info if any changes for when the catering re opens at the ground
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Mon 19 Jul 23:41

I’ll also make a call for contactless payment at Stephens. Only time I ever carry cash on me is for my half time bridie every other week and just seems so outdated considering there’s other grounds with contactless machines

Perhaps more varied half time entertainment? American sports do a great job of this. Get a local band on to sing a song or two.

Get Big Leish to do the famous airplane round the pitch every time we score

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 00:25

Enlist the help of world reknowned Street artist #whatsvictorupto to make an amazing statement artwork at the ground. If you check out his Instagram you will see some or the work he has done for Toronto Raptors etc. I am pretty sure he would be receptive to an approach
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bedworth par  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 02:43

Half time entertainment? Used to have marching bands go round. Lots of accordions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 06:48

Get the knee high kids on at half time with a size 5 ball, running half the length of the pitch with the ball, stumble and fall before lamely kicking the ball to the keepers feet. Crowd cheers. Gets up smiling, runs back to do it all again. Go on lad! 😃
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 07:36

Motherwell took a blow torch to some of their seats. Mentioned above that it might deteriorate the seat, no idea if it’s true. I’ve seen hair dryers used to remove scratches from plastic in cars.

https://twitter.com/motherwellfc/status/1408447390475075588?s=21

Post Edited (Tue 20 Jul 07:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 08:32

Get the team playing good attractive attacking football instead of the boredom of the past few seasons!

Ask Stephen’s to make the steak Bridies the same as they were 30 years ago, the sales would double

Seriously though a Family area in concourse of the Norrie, face painting and perhaps a couple of injured/ recovering players,young players with some mini goals etc working with families

Pre match picnic area in the car park where those arriving by car can enjoy a bit of build up with other such people (get a stall in for pies etc)

Have mobile catering sellers as in bygone days where you can buy pies/refreshments etc all through the game without having to leave your seat (would take the pressure off and reduce the queues at half time)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 09:01

Fully agree on the Bridie , they are well below the standard of years ago , even my workmates who support other clubs have commented on that.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:28

On the catering side,
Pizzas............chips/ curry sauce.............haggis pies..............macaroni pies..............Stovies............as I don`t know what their menu is, they may have some of the above.

Entertainment
I used to love when they had a Pipe Band before KO and at half time. .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 10:45

I know people like Stephens bridies, but the quicker we have our own catering the better.

If Steaua and her team could make up kids goody bags for 2 or 3 quid , pre ordered ( so no waste)and picked up from their cafe/ emporium before KO.

Place for people smoking, all they need to do is close the 2 gates at back of the Norrie from 3.20 till 4.20

Have to agree with Marv pipe ands are good

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Tue 20 Jul 10:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KeithFE  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 11:31

Instead of a seniors game at half time, how about a Fusball tournament for local schools, one for primaries, one for secondaries. Get the kids involved. Have squad members "adopt" a school, go out one day a week to work with the kids to build connections, get the next generation hooked on the Pars.

Keith fae Aberdeen
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 11:53

Quote:

KeithFE, Tue 20 Jul 11:31

Instead of a seniors game at half time, how about a Fusball tournament for local schools, one for primaries, one for secondaries. Get the kids involved. Have squad members "adopt" a school, go out one day a week to work with the kids to build connections, get the next generation hooked on the Pars.

GG Riva think looks after the school visits with the players.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 11:54

Pipe band.... Best left for Scottish Cup finals !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 13:27

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 20 Jul 10:45

I know people like Stephens bridies, but the quicker we have our own catering the better.

If Steaua and her team could make up kids goody bags for 2 or 3 quid , pre ordered ( so no waste)and picked up from their cafe/ emporium before KO.

Place for people smoking, all they need to do is close the 2 gates at back of the Norrie from 3.20 till 4.20

I went to a junior game between Lochore Welfare and Pollok and the homemade food was to die for. Frosty cold day, but the grub was amazing.
Even if there was a local cafe that could support then it would be a viable business for both parties if the current grub is not up to scratch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 13:33

Not wanting to p1ss on anyones ch1ps but I can`t see homemade food being allowed or adequate if we get back to even a quarter of capacity.

"Homemade grub" might be OK at the Welfare but will hardly be sufficient for a Championship club that entertains ambitions of top flight football.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 13:33

Quote:

parsmad68, Tue 20 Jul 13:27

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 20 Jul 10:45

I went to a junior game between Lochore Welfare and Pollok and the homemade food was to die for. Frosty cold day, but the grub was amazing.
Even if there was a local cafe that could support then it would be a viable business for both parties if the current grub is not up to scratch.

Not sure small local cafes would be able to produce for larger crowds that pro football gets at eep. Club trying to be more professional remember
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 13:36

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 20 Jul 13:33

Not wanting to p1ss on anyones ch1ps but I can`t see homemade food being allowed or adequate if we get back to even a quarter of capacity.

"Homemade grub" might be OK at the Welfare but will hardly be sufficient for a Championship club that entertains ambitions of top flight football.

Exactly, some of these ideas might work at local junior level grounds but this is supposed to be a professional football club at end of the day with ability to host up to 11k fans in the ground. Not just 50 folk that turn up to a junior level game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 13:41

The PA system in the centre of theSouth Stand is inaudible. Would have thought that’s a safety issue? Hearing half of an announcement is worse than hearing none of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 14:02

I wasn't talking about local cafes for food, we had our own caterers up until Stephens took over, and the club managed then when there was 10k+ on a regular basis.
I said Marv could maybe do small bags with something like

A capri sun
A bag of crisps
A choc bar
A bag of sweets
A pars pen or similar items

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 14:08

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 20 Jul 14:02

I wasn't talking about local cafes for food, we had our own caterers up until Stephens took over, and the club managed then when there was 10k+ on a regular basis.
I said Marv could maybe do small bags with something like

A capri sun
A bag of crisps
A choc bar
A bag of sweets
A pars pen or similar items

Can anyone remember when Stephens took over ?

Wasn't it a catering contractor before then? 007 Grill was one of the names wasn't it?

On the small bags.... sure parents could supply that themselves cheaper. But the idea could be tweaked to promote healthier eating by the club?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 14:14

We can quite easily do that, we have done something like that before.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 14:30

I’m another who’d like to see the goal music changed! I watched the goals and the highlights online at the weekend and already I’m beginning to hate ‘Glad all over’. Making it players personal choice would be better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 16:57

When the club took over catering it was a disaster financially , one postponed game and your on a loser .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 17:36

I know we briefly stopped Stephens during the administration times but it was guff. Bridie is a bridie to me, sometimes they`re great and sometimes not. I would love to see us doing the lentil soup that you can buy in the Stephens shops.

I`d like to see the club give more tickets out to schools when restrictions allow. I always had a season ticket as a child but I remember the players coming to the schools and tickets being given out. Have 300 school kids on a day where we give someone a good pasting and they might just catch the bug.

I think the club would love to do the safe standing but it would cost a helluva lot of money. Not only to install it but I think there`s an issue with the height or spaces between rows so that would have to be ripped out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 22:56

Would tell the stadium announcer to stop shouting at the top of his voice

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Jul 23:48

Quote:

Taxipar, Tue 20 Jul 22:56

Would tell the stadium announcer to stop shouting at the top of his voice

anyone know where they got the current guy after Alex Mill left ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 02:21

I think it would be a great idea to use the North East stand for local kids and students to get free tickets. Start them young hoping they then become pars fans.

I would like to see all the faded plastic seats replaced. Have black seats with white stairs and you would have black and white stripes. Maybe have DAFC on the seats in the Norris and maybe SRJ would sponsor the away end and have SRJ on the seats.

Why not have a small bookmakers stand so you can have a wee flutter. Add to the excitement.

How’s about some music in Legends to improve the atmosphere before and after the home games.

Why not team up with Bayne the bakers they are better quality more variety and cheaper than Stephen’s.

Bring back the crossbar challenge that was fun at half time.

Beers at half time would be great. Can have them at the rugby so can’t see why not at the football? Why no have a rule that beers available out with old firm games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 12:59

Quote:

PARS207, Tue 20 Jul 23:48
anyone know where they got the current guy after Alex Mill left ?

I hear he used to move in military circles.

😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 13:11

Yeah catering poor…

Unhealthy offering, have to pay in cash which I haven’t used for years now and as a vegetarian, I think the only thing I can have is a macaroni pie - no thanks!

So could do with some meat free healthy options, that I can pay for contactless

Post Edited (Wed 21 Jul 13:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 13:19

Choice of music and goal music is all sponsored, so this is all predefined and the announcer has no choice in the matter.

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 13:31

Fans competing against other fans on the pitch at HT would be decent. Crossbar challenge or kicking the ball from the center circle to get closest to the corner flag or something.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Jul 13:47

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Wed 21 Jul 13:31

Fans competing against other fans on the pitch at HT would be decent. Crossbar challenge or kicking the ball from the center circle to get closest to the corner flag or something.

yeh with the amount of midfield specialists we have on the site here, something like a passing accuracy drill at half time between the fans be class, 4 or 5 targets to hit ranging from 10 to say 40 yards from the half way line
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 19:34

I remember when the club tried to do their own catering. It did not last long and we went back to Stephens. I don't know who we used in the 1970s but the outlets remained open for the full game. To be fair I think that they only sold pies and probably bovril.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 22 Jul 20:43

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 22 Jul 19:34

I remember when the club tried to do their own catering. It did not last long and we went back to Stephens. I don't know who we used in the 1970s but the outlets remained open for the full game. To be fair I think that they only sold pies and probably bovril.

And a guy who wandered through the crowd with a tray of Wagonwheels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 06:35

Some wheelchair spaces at the back of the north west would be nice sure it wouldn’t be to hard to knock a hole in the wall between the ladies and gents for a disabled gate it could also double up as a second exit gate at full time to avoid the bottle neck at the stairs going down the the current exit gate

Come on ye pars ⚽️

Post Edited (Fri 23 Jul 06:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 23 Jul 09:36

Quote:

back oh the net, Fri 23 Jul 06:35

Some wheelchair spaces at the back of the north west would be nice sure it wouldn’t be to hard to knock a hole in the wall between the ladies and gents for a disabled gate it could also double up as a second exit gate at full time to avoid the bottle neck at the stairs going down the the current exit gate

That's one of the areas identified by Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club as a possible location for a new viewing platform in the future.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 08:04

In line with the Tokyo Olympics, could we not get thousands off drones recreating a giant Stephens steak bridie above the stadium before kick-off.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 10:48

Topic Originator: Angus_W like | nolike
Date: Sat 24 Jul 08:04

In line with the Tokyo Olympics, could we not get thousands off drones recreating a giant Stephens steak bridie above the stadium before kick-off.

Won`t need many drones to make up the meat element!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:17

Don`t know if it`s been mentioned but we really need to get a big TV in the corner somewhere. It just makes a stadium look more modern and fitting of a big team mentality.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:30

German-esque fanzone behind the dump of a car park at the north stand, TV in corner opposite of gym, general improvement to surroundings of EEP, seats are pink now due to wear and tear so they need replaced, safe standing and proper club shop maybe where the gym is once we have our own training facilities in the future.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: goldensixties  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:35

A modern and efficient PA system would be much appreciated.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: El Diablo  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:05

Would love for the seats to be black and white. No idea how much that would cost though and probably isn’t one of our priorities at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:11

Yes, I would add my vote to stop playing "glad all over" or any other song after we score. Think that`s had its day and it`s very disrespectful to visiting teams, and adds insult to injury when we`ve scored against them. And tannoy does seem too loud in the Norrie.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 05:24

With regards to the glad all over song being played it flagged up on my Facebook that someone sponsors the song and chose the song. It is revenue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 09:40

It's not very disrespectful.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 10:01

Yes, very disrespectful. Certainly not designed to cheer up the opposition after they have lost a goal and in a real sense, cheating because it is external to the game on the pitch and directly or indirectly designed to have a demoralising effect on the opposition. The fact that the club makes a few cheap bucks out of it is neither here nor there. I`m surprised that the Scottish League allows it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 10:19

Surely that`s taking political correctness a bit too far, Paralex? Aren`t all club songs a bit `disrespectful`? Would you ban `Simply the Best`, or `Hearts, Hearts, Glorious Hearts`, or `It`s a Grand Old Team`, etc?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 10:58

No political correctness involved Wee eck, just what I consider good old fashioned common decency and respect for our fellow human beings. Nothing wrong with most of the club songs if played at an appropriate time. The timing of them (ie after a goal is scored) is the problem and my opinion is that it cheapens the image of our football club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 11:04

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 25 Jul 10:58

No political correctness involved Wee eck, just what I consider good old fashioned common decency and respect for our fellow human beings. Nothing wrong with most of the club songs if played at an appropriate time. The timing of them (ie after a goal is scored) is the problem and my opinion is that it cheapens the image of our football club.

What next !! You think fans should just sit and clap politely when the team scores a goal?? Shouts of "bravo bravo"?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 11:26

Getting tired of hearing Glad All Over (joke) but what's the issue with the song? What's disrespectful about it? Maybe too young to appreciate its meaning.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 11:47

Nothing wrong with opposing fans expressing wild emotion when the ball hits the back of the net. That`s part and parcel of the enjoyment of the game and quite a natural expression of support for your team but the introduction of an electronically produced jingoistic song adds nothing useful and detracts from the enjoyment of the moment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 11:55

Absolutely agree with that Paralax. The music after a goal absolutely ruins the moment. It takes so much away from what should be a natural burst of emotion. Totally deadens the crowd
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 11:58

Maybe someone could sponsor the club NOT to play music after a goal !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 12:20

I`m no great fan of piped music etc but sometimes you`ve just got to move with the times to get kids involved. Have you seen the razzmatazz involved with the new versions of limited overs cricket designed to attract a younger, family audience?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 13:39

Well eck, maybe on that score we have a wee bit to travel. Playing a sixties song by the Dave Clark five after a goal and Jimmy Shand accordian music as we leave the stadium is more designed for a pensioners outing doon the watter on the Waverley paddle steamer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 13:44

Disrespectful??? Jesus Christ 😂😂😂Have a word ffs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 13:48

Ah Duarte but it seems nothing is disrespectful to you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianparfan  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 13:56

I agree with those saying Glad all over to be replaced by scoring players choice. COYP

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 16:18

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 24 Jul 17:30

German-esque fanzone behind the dump of a car park at the north stand

This. Open at 1pm, street food vans, bratwurst hot dogs, beer stalls - maybe the club could get their current alcohol license extended as an outdoor licence, plenty of places doing this for covid. Could have a popup club shop, old programmes, etc. Anything to turn the match day into more of an event. Also means fans spending more at the club rather than pubs elsewhere.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 16:21

Quote:

fcda, Sun 25 Jul 16:18

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 24 Jul 17:30

German-esque fanzone behind the dump of a car park at the north stand

This. Open at 1pm, street food vans, bratwurst hot dogs, beer stalls - maybe the club could get their current alcohol license extended as an outdoor licence, plenty of places doing this for covid. Could have a popup club shop, old programmes, etc. Anything to turn the match day into more of an event. Also means fans spending more at the club rather than pubs elsewhere.

This would be brilliant but probably limited time period. We're forgetting it's usually cold, wet and windy 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 17:22

Quote:

jake89, Sun 25 Jul 16:21
This would be brilliant but probably limited time period. We're forgetting it's usually cold, wet and windy 😂

True, but they still do it right through the winter in Germany and it's much colder then it gets here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 23:59

Nobody interested in my big TV ifrs I take it 8?

My old man could fit it at a reasonable price.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net