DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A win today should be enough..
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 06:38

..to qualify as one of the best three runners up

Forfar have 8 points but face a Dundee side, who need at least a point to finish top. I`m sure they will go out for the win

Of the other sides on 6 points, the Pars have the better goal difference and I would expect to see us add to that with a 2 goal win today

Post Edited (Sat 24 Jul 06:38)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A win today should be enough..
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 07:46

Expecting a comfortable victory today if we show the same confidence and flair as last week , hopefully enough to see us through.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 09:43

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 24 Jul 06:38

Forfar have 8 points but face a Dundee side, who need at least a point to finish top. I`m sure they will go out for the win

Of the other sides on 6 points, the Pars have the better goal difference and I would expect to see us add to that with a 2 goal win today

A narrow win might not be enough.

If Dundee put out a weakened team as they have more or less qualified already Forfar may well win or draw with win on penalties.
Hamilton are more than capable of a 6-0 win over Albion Rovers and Kelty can win by 3 over Arbroath. If Kelty were at home I would be more worried.

We need to go out and try to get a few goals to make sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 10:08

Think we’ll progress as well, should be beating Stenhousemuir by a few with the quality of players we have.

This tournament has been pretty good to us in recent years, most of the time we’ve done well in it, the one niggle is we’ve never really brought the cup success into the league campaign, that needs to happen this season with our promotion target so we can’t become complacent.

We have to remember Thistle played us off the park the opening 20mins of that game, don’t think we had a shot against St Mirren and the game we played really well in was against a depleted Dumbarton squad due to COVID.

So regardless of the result today, don’t think we’ll have a true measure of where we’re at until the league kicks off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 10:10

Dundee won`t lose to Forfar, I can`t see Hamilton scoring too many against Albion and I certainly can`t see rolling over Arbroath easily.

I expect Stenny will put up more resistance than Dumbarton, but we should have enough about us to win by at least a couple and that will get the job done.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 10:20

A win by 2 or 3 goals will be sufficient to progress
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 10:23

Dundee Utd only managed to beat Arbroath 1 0 and Arbroath have won their other two games. Despite all the hype around Kelty Hearts it would still be a bit of a shock for them to get any victory there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 10:47

Topic Originator: londonparsfan like | nolike
Date: Sat 24 Jul 10:23

Dundee Utd only managed to beat Arbroath 1 0 and Arbroath have won their other two games. Despite all the hype around Kelty Hearts it would still be a bit of a shock for them to get any victory there.

It will be a shock, Kelty only got beat 1 - 0 by Dundee Utd also and won both their other games, but saying that I would expect Arbroath to win

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 11:33

Definitely not saying its impossible but it is rare for a side two divisions below to go away and beat a team at home I this tournament.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 12:49

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sat 24 Jul 09:43

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 24 Jul 06:38

A narrow win might not be enough.

If Dundee put out a weakened team as they have more or less qualified already Forfar may well win or draw with win on penalties.
Hamilton are more than capable of a 6-0 win over Albion Rovers and Kelty can win by 3 over Arbroath. If Kelty were at home I would be more worried.

We need to go out and try to get a few goals to make sure.

Dundee can go through as a seed if they win so doubt they will be doing anything other than going for the win with their first team.

Stick a double on Kelty -3 and Hamilton -5 and see what odds you get.

Any win and we are through.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:31

Dundee two up. Good news

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:45

Looking good so far on all fronts pretty much.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net