DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Today’s Team. DAFC 4-1 Stenhousemuir FT
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 13:59

Fon Williams

Comrie
Edwards
Graham
Gaspuitis
MacDonald

Thomas
Cole

O’Hara
Wighton
Todorov

Everyone else who is fit on bench

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Today’s Team
Topic Originator: hamepages  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 14:40

According to the BBC it is Watson in midfield and not Cole

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 14:42

Watson is out injured

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 14:43

Watson on SKY sports as well, announced Cole on tannoy!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 14:48

BBC and Sky really aren't reliable. Christ, Sky weren't even giving updates of the Euro conference league on their app
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 14:50

Sky now amended.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paristotle  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:01

Go and add squad numbers - I've nae idea what anyone looks like 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:02

3 minutes gone and still nil nil - Grant must go 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:14

1-0 Wighton

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:15

Not good enough. 14 minutes to get a goal?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paristotle  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:30

Anyone fill me in how many teams qualify, what we need to achieve to do so etc? 🙏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:34

2-0
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:38

Playing some really nice football tbh

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:38

Best three runners up qualify

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:45

3-0 weighton

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:46

3-0 …. How boring is this getting!

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:49

Good game from us so far. Dominating possession. Mixing it between waiting patiently for openings and quick counter attacks. Also great to see Nat back at EEP doing his usual spin on the ball and our players just bouncing off him when he has the ball 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 15:58

A very assured performance so far. We are dominating in all the important areas.

Graham is having a very good game today. His passing is excellent. Josh Edwards could have had a hattrick such has been his involvement; he and Comrie have done a power of work. McDonald is a little less effective this week and is not finding that last pass so easily.

Cole has bolstered the midfield and seems to work pretty well with Thomas.

The front three are a dream team at this level. You feel that each of them can score any time they get an opening.

And a special shoutout to Nat Wedderburn. Great to see him back at EEP. The way Kevin O`Hara bounced off him in this half was a funny moment to savour.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:05

Is it 4 now?
[IP address logged]
 Re: Today’s Team. DAFC 4-0 Stenhousemuir
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:08

4-0 ohara

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:09

Yes mate O'Hara again
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:11

Players usally get slower.. ohara seems to be getting faster

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:22

4-1 Careless concession there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:22

That is ridiculous defending

[IP address logged]
 Re: Today’s Team. DAFC 4-1 Stenhousemuir
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:50

I don`t think I`ve ever seen a Pars defence as comfortable on the ball as this lot.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:53

Quote:

BlackLight, Sat 24 Jul 16:50

I don`t think I`ve ever seen a Pars defence as comfortable on the ball as this lot.

Maybe , but you still don't want to give careless goals away.
Scoring freely enough , but that's no clean sheets in 4 competitive games .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:54

I know the cup form hasn't followed into the league the last few years but BTTS could be a shout for us this season. Will be interesting to see how the first few games go.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Today’s Team. DAFC 4-1 Stenhousemuir FT
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 16:55

Teams don`t need to do much to score against us 😐

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:04

Quote:

Gaz3822, Sat 24 Jul 16:55

Teams don`t need to do much to score against us 😐

Aye but they need to do it 4 or 5 times.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:06

So, we`re through then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:07

This Dunfermline side makes for very pleasant watching, doesn’t it? I know we haven’t been seriously challenged - apart from the St. Mirren game - but there is a flow and a rhythm even this early in the season which truly bodes well for the campaign ahead. I think back to some of the stuff that was served up last season - that indescribably awful cup game against Morton at Cappielaw is a case in point - and this is quite simply chalk and cheese. Our strike force is potent and capable of being changed around; our midfield is industrious and hard-working and constantly look a threat, and the defence is playing with a maturity and confidence that we haven’t seen for ages. Allied to that the passing is streets ahead of where it used to be, movement off the ball is a joy to watch and every player on the park is putting in an absolute shift to help out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:19

We`ve done well in this competition before. However, I see more signs of a playing style in these games than I have since Bert Paton, or Jimmy Calderwood.

It could all go wrong from here (cos we are the Pars), but I`m feeling optimistic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:30

Positives - brilliant goals and always look like we can score going froward.

Negatives - defence looks suspect.

All in all I'm happy with the start we have made although we always seem to do well at the start let's see how things play out.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 17:47

Thought it was an excellent performance today.
Every player wanted to get involved and we showed great patience while waiting for opportunities to open up. Very nice interplay on both wings and really could have been 7 or 8.
Of course the real tests are yet to come in the league and St Mirren game a reminder we won't have such spaces against most teams in our league but I'm quietly optimistic on this showing.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Postage Stamp  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:03

Hard to say the defence looks particularly suspect, the back 3 strolled through the game, Comrie`s defence positioning for 2nd balls at RCB was really impressive. No doubt that the 2 silly goals we have conceded in the last 2 games is a concern though, but I don`t think Graham or MacDonald would have been that sloppy if the game was still in the balance.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:06

Surely by playing 3 at the back we're working on the basis that our attackers will overpower their defence meaning we should score more than we concede? Scoring 4/5 and losing 1 is nothing. Do you think Celtic and Rangers were worrying when they used to regularly spank us 5-1?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:18

Loving the 343 . And it’s a proper 343 . Getting away from the standard 442/4231 Scottish stuff is extremely pleasing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:33

I thought we were a bit slow to start, too insistent on getting the ball to MacDonald, understandably after the Dumbarton game but balls in weren’t to the quality, partly because Stenhousemuir clearly knew he was a threat and much more pressure on him.

Thought Stenny actually started pretty well.

Then we grew into the game more, Josh Edwards had a great game today, unlucky not to have bagged himself a goal. We are blessed up front and would say we have the best in this division in Todorov, Wighton and O’Hara not to mention Kai!

Wightons finishing was excellent, O’Hara fighting for every ball, a lot of people thought giving him a 3 year contract was criminal, best bit of business it could turn out to be.

Thought most the second half was a bit of a damp squib and got like a friendly, struggled at times to pick the right ball, chances weren’t as frequent, credit to Stenny but there was a chance to grab a couple more not that it mattered really.

The goal conceded was a pretty bad one but think we took the foot off the gas a little and let complacency creep in.

Kai Kennedy, some player, just the way he handles the ball showed he has something special about him and his deliveries weren’t half bad, he could turn out to be a great acquisition for us.

Not sure about Reece Cole to be honest, needs to get back up to fitness to then make a fair assessment. Pybus came on and did ok, again on at a time where the game was over so difficult to make any sort of impression.

Overall well deserved win and it’s a case of job done with qualifying, now the real fixtures kick in with Morton on Saturday and a game we should be winning if we want to be up there. I don’t think there is anything to fear in this league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 18:54

It`s good to have a couple of central midfielders who like to be on the ball. Ian Wilson`s another one if we can get him fit. I thought there was a drop in creativity after Cole and Thomas went off. Kennedy is one of these special players who can control the ball and move at the same time. The problem may be getting the other players on his wavelength.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 19:37

Peter Grant, like him or not so far has upped the "buzz" factor...his enthusiasm so far is rubbing off on folks.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 19:57

We did well enough today to get the win to take us through. Stenhousemuir were certainly a better side than the 11 Dumbarton managed to put out last week but once we got a lead we didn`t have too many problems. Early in the game they looked like they might take a bit of breaking down, but it looked a really nice wee dink for the first goal to set the game up. From then on we controlled it pretty well. Disappointing to lose a pishy goal again but we`ll just have to see if we`re as prone to this in the tighter games that are to come.

I enjoyed watching Dom Thomas again today. Maybe down to the new central position but to me there seems a noticable willingness to work for the team which I always welcome, and which I`m not sure has always been there. For me, the easiest players to love are those that are skillful but who will also graft for the team and contribute to the defensive effort. He`s doing that just now and it`s really good to see. Kevin O`Hara could also be a big player in terms of what he does defensively. Defending as a team is important and if we go with the current setup for any length of time, it will be a huge part of our season.

The pitch looked a bit difficult today - a bit bumpy and unpredictable bounce after a warm week but we handled it OK. Last week we missed a ton of chances and could have scored 10. Different story today, but we managed to score with most of our good chances. I thought it might not be as comfortable as that, so very pleased that we did what was needed with very little fuss. Hoping for a good, winnable home draw in the next round.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 20:51

I enjoyed being back at the game today.
Of the new lads I was impressed that Graham wants to run with the ball and seemed to use it well. Not convinced about Pybus but fingers crossed. Liked the look of Cole. Didn't think we were as good when he went off.
Strange position to see Thomas in given what we're used to but there's a shape to the team that is easy on the eye so looking forward to the season.
Oh and it was good to see big Nat again. He got his mandatory trick out of the way early on and I loved it when he gave the ball away second half then tried about 5 tackles in quick succession to win it back but couldn't. Made me smile.
Nearly forgot to mention Kennedy. He looks like he has a low centre of gravity and is happy to zigzag around players. Pretty clear he'll be a crowd pleaser if he can learn when to release it.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Jul 20:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 21:41

This season is going to be interesting that's a certainty. Goals aplenty ⚽️😁

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sat 24 Jul 23:50

To win a league you need a tight defence. If PG manages to get Breen in I wonder if he will go with three centre backs, Breen, Gaspie/Watson and Graham and let Comrie and McDonald fight it out for the right wing back slot.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 09:28

There was plenty that pleased me today during the game but in the warm up it was like going back to the old days with crosses being played in. Fair enjoyed that!

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 25 Jul 11:26

Graham looks like he could play holding midfield if/when required. Very comfortable on the ball and good range of passing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net